PDA

View Full Version : Raiden from MGS2

Lunanzar
07-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Sorry for making another metal gear solid post, but I like Raiden (other then how he whines) and I decided I have a while until my next con, so i'd take the time to make a badass Raiden costume. One minor thing is I have no idea whatsoever what to do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Lunanzar/ALL.jpg
That's all the Raiden pictures I could find. All help will be appreciated.

P.S. - The photo's- I didn't try to make it artsy, I just threw them together

Odysseanpromise
07-30-2005, 01:55 AM
Sorry for making another metal gear solid post, but I like Raiden (other then how he whines) and I decided I have a while until my next con, so i'd take the time to make a badass Raiden costume. One minor thing is I have no idea whatsoever what to do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Lunanzar/ALL.jpg
That's all the Raiden pictures I could find. All help will be appreciated.

P.S. - The photo's- I didn't try to make it artsy, I just threw them together

Well, it's good to know that someone liked him. Personally, I just wanted to choke Rosemary the entire game.

As for the costume, most people use a wetsuit and build up from there. If you are really serious about the cosplay, I think your first step would be to compare prices on black wetsuits/bodysuits.

Lunanzar
07-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Awesome, thank you.

p.s. Oh my god... Rosemary... if I could, i'd possible curb her.

Lunanzar
07-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Can anybody show me some pictures of some Raiden Cosplayers? I havent been able to find any yet.

OrO?
07-30-2005, 11:55 PM
I never had rememberd his name. He was awesum with the katana!

eBay Sniper
07-31-2005, 12:23 AM
im working on my Raiden as soon as my wetsuit comes in and i go to walmart for some foam and cloth

Lunanzar
07-31-2005, 01:20 AM
im working on my Raiden as soon as my wetsuit comes in and i go to walmart for some foam and cloth

What type of wet suit is it? Can i see a pic, just so i have somewhere to start? I looked around ebay and saw a few I liked, i'd like to see what another cosplayer chose though

Chocochick
07-31-2005, 01:28 AM
What type of wet suit is it? Can i see a pic, just so i have somewhere to start? I looked around ebay and saw a few I liked, i'd like to see what another cosplayer chose though

Check out OMIGIBSON's gallery. She has it done. Most Raiden cosplayers are Japanese and far and few in-between. I would also say invest in a kalekon(s/p) wig, like the kind they have here at cosplay.com.

Lunanzar
07-31-2005, 03:43 AM
Haha uncoincidentally ( i know i spelled that wrong) i have the same hair style as Raiden. all I have to do is bleach it, then recolor back to normal once the con is done. Thanks a million for giving me her name. I'll still take a peek at that wig. Thanks so much for your help you guys, I really really appreciate it.

NeoSpike
08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Well, I had an idea to use a wetsuit underneath, then use some sort of spandex or tights to make it look like the stuf he wears over it. you know how he has that undersuit on, then has an oversuit with that crisscross connecting the suit on top?

eBay Sniper
08-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Well, I had an idea to use a wetsuit underneath, then use some sort of spandex or tights to make it look like the stuf he wears over it. you know how he has that undersuit on, then has an oversuit with that crisscross connecting the suit on top?
im not sure if he has an undersuit, i think it is part of his suit, like im doing, its just easier