PDA

View Full Version : .hack Cosplay?

AmuroRay
01-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone was going to do .hack cosplay cause im doing Elk the Wave Master from the video game and i wanna have more peeps from the video game not just cosplayers from .hack//SIGN. Contact me f you need any referenceshots or episodes.

----Amuro

Dark Vision
01-24-2003, 02:12 PM
We're out there, don't worry. You just have to find us.

....want .... to .... play .... dot hack.....

Rosiel
01-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm planning a .Hack cosplay myself. But since the costume is, well, to put it mildly, completely insane, it won't be ready until the end of the year. X_X

Nietsche
01-24-2003, 03:47 PM
whoo..i like the sound of that! Rosiel! ^_^
Completely insane...!! ^_^
Sure I'll do something for the game at some point...I'll fit it in somewhere! ^^

Shadra D
01-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Actually, I want to cosplay from .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu n___n I might be Shugo, or Mireiru, or Hotaru @_@ I can't decide, I'll have to see.

Sadly, none of the females of .hack games interest me in terms of cosplay, and though I bought all the material for Elk, too many people did it so I gave up. I hope someone cosplays as Piroshi, I love Piroshi >D >D >D >D

http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/hack/chara0.html

That's the site for the game characters, by the way. Click on the links in orange underneath the title picture to get to all of the character pages (the last page is for .hack//SIGN characters, though)

Dark Vision
01-25-2003, 05:27 AM
The thing that motivated me to finish my .hack costume was the fabric.

"OMG, this fabric... its so rare... so perfect for .hack costume... must buy... *drools*"

I agree too that these costumes are insane, weird, but also cool looking. What do you expect from the character designer of evangelion.

O and Shadra D, thanks for the cool site.

Shadra D
01-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Hee hee n.n You're welcome.

The CC2 .hack site is really a lot of fun >D there's lots of cool stuff to do and see, providing you have a basic understanding of Japanese..

Hee hee... Piroshi is the best >D >D >D

Nietsche
01-25-2003, 07:16 PM
hmm..Piroshi looked freaky when I first layed eyes upon his design...but that's me..anyway Shadra...as you may have seen in my 'future ideas' section of my photo album..I too am gonna do something from .Hack 'Legend of the Braceet of Twilight'!
I was thinking of being Shuugo too! ^^ But then I looked upon Reki's design..so I'll have to keep my eye on him to see how his character turns out!
Shadra would make a cute Mireiru! ^_^

And Rosiel...who might this .Hack person you plan be?..i wonder...

Rosiel
01-25-2003, 07:44 PM
> And Rosiel...who might this .Hack person you plan be?..i wonder...

Actually it is almost pitifully easy to guess if you cross-reference with my usual taste in characters. X__X If you want to discuss it, PM me, though, as I don't want to talk about it on the boards... just because I am paranoid!

Shadra D
01-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Nietsche: I'm not gonna be Mireiru since I think my friend's gonna be Mireiru, And I'm -thinking- Shugo, most likely, but then there's also Hotaru, but I'm not cute or girly enough for Hotaru...

There is another character that looks mildly like Reki in the opening... I don't know who he or the other person are, but they look cool @_@;;; I'll have to ask my friend.

As for Piroshi.. no, no, don't get me wrong, he's SCARY and frightening and WEIRD, but he just completely cracks me up x___X;;; There's an 'Please tell me, Piroshi-san!' section on the CC2 .hack website, where people can submit questions and Piroshi 'answers' (read: avoids) them... Here's one example that makes me laugh:

Question: What is in Kite's bag? (the one he wears on his back)

Piroshi: Everyone's hopes and dreams!

Geheheh >D >D >D

Dark Vision
01-26-2003, 04:42 AM
The more and more I look at the new characters I haven't seen... the more and more freaked out I get. Which in this case is a good thing. I see so potential in some of these designs. I wish I had time to do 4 more of the designs.

Nietsche
01-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Reki's the guy that carries a book and reports to Balmunk...he's got Hanabishi Kaoru's/Son Goku's voice I think which is pretty great!
But as Dark Vision says..this game/anime/manga series has such marvellous designs!!! I have to make at least a couple of them!!!
I cry as the sands drain even quicker from my hourglass of life!!

...And I get another Rena to partner with ^^ (anyone who's lost here should know that Star Ocean 2 also has a Rena)

Rinkun
01-28-2003, 01:44 PM
i plan to cosplay Aura (from .hack/Legend of the Twilight Bracelet)...she really looks like Aura from the .hack games too (from what i saw in Japan ^_^;; )

;_; i wanted to do BT, but knowing CN's broadcast of .hack//SIGN, it'll be overrun...so something different...besides, she's soooo cute!

Shadra D
01-28-2003, 03:10 PM
She is the same Aura n.n;;

And yeah, there have already been a few BTs, but not huge amounts! I say, if you can pull off the best costume ever, go for it, even if it's overdone o__o If you want to try another longhaired .hack character, try Gardenia from the games o_o She looks a little like BT, but she's a heavy blade n_______n

Rinkun
01-28-2003, 04:20 PM
i know Gardenia...i have figures of her when i bought them in Japan...however, i don't have the body for it ;_;

and it really doesn't matter about the long hair (i basically have none ^^; ), i just found Aura's costume cuter and a little bit easier on me ^^;

Shadra D
01-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Then cosplay Aura! Plleeeaaase? I haven't seen a single Aura cosplayer yet!

And I can wear me FF:U Aura costume and pose! Whee! *dies*

Oshi
01-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Shadra: Agreed when Balmunk says "Aura..." in ep 2 of .hack//UdeDen, he sounds like Kaze? =P

Anyway... I wanna do Balmunk... but it's way outta my league ._.;
Though, doesn't hurt to try. I know I'll be shown up by someone.. but that's a given with my skills ^^;

I wonder if I can convince Lady Ava to cosplay Ohka with me for that =B

Dark Vision
01-28-2003, 11:50 PM
*nods*

An Aura cosplay would be great.

Shadra D
01-29-2003, 12:22 AM
>Shadra: Agreed when Balmunk says "Aura..." in ep 2 of .hack//UdeDen, he sounds like Kaze? =P

....... BAD IMAGES!! AAGGGHHH!!!

Though you made my friend die laughing ~o~

>I wonder if I can convince Lady Ava to cosplay Ohka with me for that =B

An Ouka would be cool! .... You know what I wanna see, though? A Sanjuro o_o Game version has more complicated armor, but.. man.. he's just COOL >D he has Bunchu hair o_o

Chosuke
01-29-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm actually have way finished my Elk costume.. And I'm happy with how its going so far ^^

But I'm really wondering if the staff slipped my mind before I started making this,or I'm a complete masochist ..

Dark Vision
01-29-2003, 01:17 PM
LOL, o that damn staff. Everything thing is do-able execpt that staff. Actually it is do-able, I just think it would take longer to do the staff than the costume. O what we do for accessories.

Rosiel
01-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Wow, a number of people are working on .hack costumes! When I finally finish with mine (the plan is to start after Katsu and finish by AX if possible), I'd love to meet up at a con to take pictures!

Although it all depends on how far I can /walk/ in my costume... I'll try not to replicate the moronic joint structure I used for Seed. One learns from one's errors, I guess. X__X

Chosuke
01-29-2003, 01:30 PM
You know what though.. o.o;

I have seen that SAME staff with so many other different characters,like its a sort of trend/clique/cult thing.

ANd it strangely reminds me of that evil fish from majoras mask o.o;

AmuroRay
02-05-2003, 11:30 PM
I made a wood base for the staff and am proly going to use a type of clay called Sculpy to make it come out and look as exact as possible.

AmuroRay
02-05-2003, 11:31 PM
O ya and I am having a .hack gathering at AX for Friday at 3:15 for everybodywho wants to come from all the .hack series.

Subaru_chan
02-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Hiya! I'm being Subaru for this year @ Anime Expo! I cant wait! Heehee! C-yah!

Sana-chan
02-18-2003, 08:19 PM
I really wanna be Black Rose, but I can't do the armor lol --

AmuroRay
02-18-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm sure u could if you really tried because its not that hard to do paper mache. The sword could be carved from wood or just not even do it. The armor can be done by paper mache, foamboard, or even wood. For the markings you could use washable and non-toxic paint. Then for the rest u could use a good fabric.
Just a suggestion.
Hope to see ya at AX!!!!!

------Amuro

Sana-chan
02-18-2003, 10:32 PM
I dunno about making the armor outta wood lol. Of course the sword. Mr. Dark Vision up there was saying I should make the outfit outta wood, but I dunno... I'm sure something easy will be figured out lol.

Dark Vision
02-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Wood base with fabric wrapped. How hard is that. Just go to hobby shop, gets somewhat thin plywood, shape it so it has a descent curature, then you spray paint it or wrap a fabric such as velvet around it. Therefore it'll be nice and stiff and also comfortable.

*almost ready to make it....but isn't*

Rosiel
02-19-2003, 01:05 PM
> ya and I am having a .hack gathering at AX for Friday at 3:15 for everybodywho wants to come from all the .hack series.

Oh so there is a final time set already?

I thought it was up in the air? (not that I know I'd be able to attend either way but... X__X)

Actually, now that I think about it, it clashes horribly with my Suikoden III meeting, and I doubt I could get into my costume in less than one to two hours, so you can count myself and Reki out.

Sana-chan
02-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dark Vision
Wood base with fabric wrapped. How hard is that. Just go to hobby shop, gets somewhat thin plywood, shape it so it has a descent curature, then you spray paint it or wrap a fabric such as velvet around it. Therefore it'll be nice and stiff and also comfortable.

*almost ready to make it....but isn't*

You can go ahead and make it for me cuz I know you want to lol XD

Gah .hack gathering Friday?? Hrm... if I even do .hack cosplay then I'll be wearing 3 diff costumes then lol fun.

Dark Vision
02-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Oi I have enough troubles finishing my own costumes Sana Chan. Then there's that high tech moogle suit i need to start working on. and yes High tech moogle.

AmuroRay
02-19-2003, 10:59 PM
ugh
Srry but i have enough troubles making my own due to the fact that my Elk costume which i just wore to JX was my first friggin costume. uhh ya. I dun think that i really should make your costume cause like im not that godd but i know peeps who r and that will maybe do it for you at a price which isn't that high. I'm not that good but just i have the saw and blade equipment to make things like thatso maybe could make the sword but that's it. I'm not makin the armor or costume. lol. Besides im a 12 year old ( not like that makes a difference.
Sorry but u gotta make your own costumes, I'm too busy with school and family issues.

Gomen.
Hope to see ya at AX!!!!
--------Amuro

ainslye
02-19-2003, 11:00 PM
*waves* hi everyone!

I've been itching to do some .hack cosplay. I'm a newbie to it all, though and I've only seen the first volume of //sign last weekend at Katsucon. Going to get Infection this week, I hope.

Someone had posted a link to pics of .hack characters. I know absolutely nothing of Japanese so I have no idea who any of them are, but I feel absolutely in love with the girl in the angel-ish outfit. Who is it? Which one is she from?

Thanks ^^

AmuroRay
02-19-2003, 11:04 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosiel we need your Balmung and Reki costumes, the whole point of me posting that, was because i want to hear your needs about when it is and no the time and date are not set because i have to find out when Koichi Mashimo's panel is so that we can go to it en masse after photos.
I want to also hear what everbody's favorite episodes are so that i can air them when the time comes.

We Need u and Reki!!!!!
-------Amuro

Shadra D
02-19-2003, 11:25 PM
The girl in the angel outfit is Terashima Ryoko, from .hack volume three n_n I don't know much about her, to be honest ^^;

And like Rosiel said, Friday's pretty bad since we have our enourmous Suikoden group, so we'll likely be in costume all day (at least, I will. Yay, Destroyers!)

We should talk more when we find out what time the panel is.

AmuroRay
02-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Yay!
I'm glad to hear that we have another .hacker. I believe you like the character Subaru or a.k.a. Lady Une who is like a moderator for "The World." Subaru is from both the video game and .hack//SIGN but she has a larger role in .hack//SIGN. If u need reference or images just e-mail me at AmuroRay66@hotmail.com because i have pics galore of all the characters who people r going to cosplay as. Just tell me the character or what they look like if u don't know their name and ill send you the pics.
You can find pics there: http://www.theotaku.com/dothack/characters.shtml
there are some screenshots here: http://dvanime.narod.ru/Pics/Compress/Hack_Sign/page_01.htm
and then the official game site is here with lots and lots of pics. In case u can't read i gave you the link straight to the gallery:http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/hack/frame.html

-------Amuro

Shadra D
02-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Subaru is not seen in the .hack games as an actual character until the last volume, which has not been released yet n.n; all you see in the other games are phantoms.. little scenes from //SIGN played out n.n you'll find your best pictures there.

I also have the character designs from Newtype, which are pretty useful, but I'm sure most people have them.

Zhoutai5
10-09-2003, 04:04 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosiel we need your Balmung and Reki costumes, the whole point of me posting that, was because i want to hear your needs about when it is and no the time and date are not set because i have to find out when Koichi Mashimo's panel is so that we can go to it en masse after photos.
I want to also hear what everbody's favorite episodes are so that i can air them when the time comes.

We Need u and Reki!!!!!
-------Amuro

you need a Balmung costume? I'm thinking about doing it as my first costume, but unless someone can help me with the cape design, i will choose some other character.

Kell_Dragon
10-09-2003, 06:04 PM
OMG, I would love to cosplay Marlo..... but his proportions are too feminine. Marlo is such an ASS too..... like my perfect character, lol (I'm an ass)
Sora, too, but I don't have the body for that either. I still have 20 lbs or so of spair tire.

Leafy
10-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Actually, Marlo isn't that feminine, it's his pants, the same thing with Sora too, it's those blasted pants.
I'm going to be doing Terajima Ryoko for the Jaco party definately, and I'll be showing up at Necronomicon before the Jaco party, cause I HAVE to now @_@ Kitsune is going to be there! XD

Kell_Dragon
10-10-2003, 01:11 PM
ummm
naw..... marlo's a perfect 10, sorry

http://www.dothack.com/game/img/chara/marlo.jpg

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
10-11-2003, 12:45 AM
ugh
Srry but i have enough troubles making my own due to the fact that my Elk costume which i just wore to JX was my first friggin costume. uhh ya. I dun think that i really should make your costume cause like im not that godd but i know peeps who r and that will maybe do it for you at a price which isn't that high. I'm not that good but just i have the saw and blade equipment to make things like thatso maybe could make the sword but that's it. I'm not makin the armor or costume. lol. Besides im a 12 year old ( not like that makes a difference.
Sorry but u gotta make your own costumes, I'm too busy with school and family issues.

Gomen.
Hope to see ya at AX!!!!
--------Amuro

Wow! You're the same age as Elk in person. I always wanted to dress up as a .Hack character... But, there doesn't seem to be any character that is asian... ; _ ; Well, I hope your Elk costume comes out good. I just would ADORE to see more .Hack cosplayers! Good luck to all you guys and gals! -^.^-

ainslye
10-11-2003, 07:25 AM
I'm iching to do either an orca or hotaru from the manga... we'll see how that goes... lol :) maybe for katsu or otakon... whaddya think?

Keute
10-11-2003, 06:27 PM
OOO! I wanna do BlackRose but my hips are like...HUGE. It's not fair!!!

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
10-11-2003, 06:51 PM
I wonder if any one is planning to do a little grunty costume... That would be sw33t...

EvilMoogleQueen
10-11-2003, 07:15 PM
I really want to seea mistral costume. I would make one, but it looks to hard for me. Its one of my favorite character designs from .hack. its just so cute.

Leafy
10-12-2003, 10:39 AM
I'm doing a Terajima Ryoko costume for the JACO party, and hopefully having it perfected for Sakura con *crosses fingers and hopes she can make it up for the con* So far the biggest problem with the dress is the wings and the axe, I'm not sure what to make the axe out of, and I'm having problems finding large enough feathers

Rinkun
10-12-2003, 12:53 PM
A girl from Otakon that was with the BT and Mimiru was a Grunty. i took a picture of her and it's on my site (http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/rinkun/conventions.html)

i actually saw 2 Mistrals on cosplaylab.com really well made, too :)

i did Aura from the games at Otakon this year ^_^

i have a hankerin' to do Natsume. i just love her to death

Tenshi
10-13-2003, 12:06 PM
I have a BT costume, but I think it needs reworking. That darned belt never stays in place! ;_;

But I made a Tsukasa costume for my friend. . .and judging by the sheer amount of glompage he gets in that thing, I think I did a decent job on it ^^;;.

ryu776
10-24-2003, 09:07 PM
lol i have a question anyone know a tailor that could make me a tsukasa costume caz i suk at making costumes lol

i live in Orange County CA

Ki-Yurei
10-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Finally got some blueprints for Kite's pants made! I hope this is helpful to anyone who plans to be Kite for a convention event.

http://www.jedidefender.net/hosted/coleman/images/pants.jpg

This is strictly out of game material! You have my permission to use this if you like.

Nooj
10-27-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm doing a Shugo/Kite my & friends are doing Miyeru/ Mistral, Hotaru, and Oka who knows what con this'll be fore though....

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
10-27-2003, 11:59 PM
I'm doing a Shugo/Kite my & friends are doing Miyeru/ Mistral, Hotaru, and Oka who knows what con this'll be fore though....

Shugo... Soooooooooooooooo kawaii~! -^.^-