PDA

View Full Version : Any '06 costumes in the works?

sahmah
08-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has already begun planning/work on their 2006 costumes. I know it's a very long way off, but we would love to hear what everyone's got in mind for next year!

ArimaSoichiro
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
As some may know, this maybe my last year as a cosplayer... so I decided to go out with a bang. I have a lot of idea for my next cosplay, a lot of which are very intricate. Lloyd Irving from ToS, Male Hume Ranger class from FFXI, Ephraim for FE:SS, there was my crazy idea of being Iruka from Naruto and bring with me 9 little kids dressed as the rookie 9 but I don't think I can convince that many of my little brother's friends to help me with that, Cloud from FFVII:AC, Tamahome from FY, Kazuma from S-cry-ed, as for Naruto Characters: I'm re-doing Sasuke one more year, Neji if I feel like it, and maybe add in Shikamaru or Naruto. That's all I have really planned. Feel free on commenting on anything I have said. Thanks. Been fun with all of you.

ACXchan
08-02-2005, 01:46 PM
I've already started work on one of my SDCC06 costumes @D@

sahmah
08-02-2005, 04:43 PM
As some may know, this maybe my last year as a cosplayer... so I decided to go out with a bang. I have a lot of idea for my next cosplay, a lot of which are very intricate. Lloyd Irving from ToS, Male Hume Ranger class from FFXI, Ephraim for FE:SS, there was my crazy idea of being Iruka from Naruto and bring with me 9 little kids dressed as the rookie 9 but I don't think I can convince that many of my little brother's friends to help me with that, Cloud from FFVII:AC, Tamahome from FY, Kazuma from S-cry-ed, as for Naruto Characters: I'm re-doing Sasuke one more year, Neji if I feel like it, and maybe add in Shikamaru or Naruto. That's all I have really planned. Feel free on commenting on anything I have said. Thanks. Been fun with all of you.
I hope this won't be the last year you cosplay because you choose great characters. I'd like to see Lloyd, Cloud, and Shikamaru the most, but a Male Hume would be nice as well. Ephraim would be difficult but I'm sure you can pull it off.
(Off-topic) I'm getting really excited for Advent Children and if there's enough time, I'm going to try making AC Tifa for when it comes out. So that's just a little over a month.

sahmah
08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I've already started work on one of my SDCC06 costumes @D@
Are you going to tell us or keep it a secret?

Suzushichan
08-04-2005, 02:15 AM
look forward to more guilty gear...

~suzushi :cool:

ArimaSoichiro
08-04-2005, 09:52 PM
I have a Dynasty Warriors thing going for myself and thats certain, Lu Xun's swords! Besides my other Naruto costumes, I'm gonna make one last one and that's probably Shikamaru. AC Cloud, I want to spike my hair like that and carry a buster sword around. :toothy: Lloyd Irving, another reason to carry swords, two of them! :crylaugh: If I have the possiblity I'll rewear my Sasuke and Neji costumes one last time, so repairs and keeping it's good condition going is something else I have to do. But... so much fabric, props, and maybe some commisions I have to ask some people for. -_-;; Money goes flyin' out my pocket, that's for sure. But I will get these cosplays in I really want to! Wish me luck everyone!

Dejection
08-05-2005, 05:46 AM
I'm thinking of doing a Tauren Druid from World of Warcraft (That one is going to take me the longest-If I can get a few other WoW/Warcraft cosplayers with me, I'd love to enter it into the Masquerade), Shahdee and Prince from Prince of Persia, Zelda, and probably Snapdragon from Kabuki. I don't have money to start them yet, but soon.

Natchan
08-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm already working on Advent Children Tifa for Comic Coc '06, its going to totally rock!

Dre
08-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Since I'm going to sadly be a natural bald by next year (that is, if I have to opportunity of going, Navy duties call :untrust: ), I might as well do some short-haired characters, one in particular that people might like would be Colossus of the X-Men. Also, something for Suzushichan, either Dr. Baldhead or Faust might be a possibility. and don't worry, I'll bring an afro!

....................but then again, since I'm going to be in the Navy, perhaps an Advent Children inspired version of Sailor Barret Wallace might turn some heads.......... You'll just have to stay tuned kiddies ^_^

kooie
08-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Getting ready to start shinigami costume from bleach...also forming a starwars group with a bunch of people...seems they wanna have people from both sides of the force...I say well then lets welcome the darkside shall we.

Might also be in the Masqurade in '06...should be awesome...its gonna prove quite amusing...but I'm not telling what our groups doing in the masquerade, i'll only say it'll be from a video game.

BountyBebopLuva
08-05-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm working on it right now, as in trying to lose the weight to do the costume I want to do, Grace from Soulfire. I'm sure I'll do some smaller costumes for the time I'm there, maybe a Aspen from Fathom. And seeing how Grace has fairly large dragonfly-ish wings and stuff.. I'm starting it as soon as I can.

Hitori
08-06-2005, 02:58 AM
I've also started on one of my Comic Con outfits, but by started I mean extensive studying, fabric collecting, and some patterning.

ZiggyB
08-06-2005, 05:41 AM
I have some ideas. I'm already working on something from Guild Wars. I would like to do something from Reboot and maybe Starcraft as well.

But right now those last two are just wishful thinking. :)

Eurobeat King
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Perhaps if I decide to cosplay next year for SDCC 2006, I'll bring back the idea of cosplaying as Kevin from "Sin City" and Danny from Jet Li's "Unleashed" w/ the collar that I've asked a friend to make but put on-hold for now.. ;) we'll see.. long time to go til then..

ACXchan
08-10-2005, 03:12 AM
Out of respect for our SDCC06 group I'm gonna keep it underwraps. But I will say, I'm going in another bodysuit @D@

Kentelo
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
My group is a little different from most here since we don't do Anime. This year my we decided on Van Helsing as soon as we walked into the annual Movie Costume exhibit at FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design) in downtown L.A.. We loved the costumes and instantly saw ourselves in them. We have decided to hold off on any decisions about 2006 until next years exhibit opens in January. If nothing in the exhibit inspires us we may go way back to some classic fantasy film, like Wizard of Oz, or Forbidden Planet.

SnowDragonX
08-11-2005, 09:38 AM
hey sahmah!! ^_^ anyways...i'm starting on my costumes as well...
some1 from bleach, most likely a shikigami character 50%
tsumuri from peace maker kurogane 50%
rinoa--->final fantasy 0%

maybe's:
yzak--->gundam seed 0%