PDA

View Full Version : Anne Rice's Characters

Rosieal
01-24-2003, 06:36 AM
I've always been a big fan of Anne Rice, long before I got into manga and anime.

Does anybody here plan to do an Anne Rice cosplay in the future? Her descriptions are often very intricate. It wouldn't be hard to construct an elaborate costume by just reading her works. I've cosplayed Lestat in the past, during an intimate gathering with my friends.

My next costume would be Marius. I finally got the confidence to cosplay him. Although I know the character by heart, I find it hard to relate with him as I am much more of a Lestat personality-wise than a Marius. He's just the image of perfection for me and I find it a sacrilege to cosplay him. ^^

I already have the perfect red velvet fabric for him though. It even has those subtle roses embossed on it which is absolutely stunning. I could lie on that fabric forever. ^^

Tenshi
01-24-2003, 10:44 AM
I would love to do a Vampire Chronicles costume, but my only problem would be to decide which one! I don't think I resemble any of the characters enough ;_;. But if I ever do one, it would most likely be Louis. He is my all-time favorite book character ^_^.

I can't wait to see your Marius costume! I'm in the middle of Blood and Gold and the book is making me fall in love with him *_*.

Celine
01-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Oooh, that's a nifty idea! I always enjoyed her vampire books. I don't specifically remember all the descriptions, but I'm sure you could come up with someone beautiful based off of them. And with red velvet, how can you go wrong?? Will you share pics whe you are finished? ^_^

Rosieal
01-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Tenshi: I love Louis as well. Somehow his "tortured soul" figure is so sexy. ^^ In my opinion, cosplaying vampires are more on internalizing the character rather than looking like them. Generally, vampires exude an aura of grace and danger. However, each character has his own demeanor, that is why I think it would also be important to know a character inside out. Since you love Louis as a character, then I'm sure you can carry him off pretty well. I do think you resemble him as well, seriously. That long, dark hair...

As for Marius, I couldn't resist him. He's been my ideal figure for a vampire as well as human being and it helps a lot that he is splendidly beautiful. LoL.

Celine: Nobody could go wrong with red velvet indeed. LoL. I'll have pictures of it when I'm done. I'll probably be having a hard time making my skin really pale though. I couldn't make the same excuse as I did for Lestat. I said that I went out into the sun for a tan, having the power of 6000 years as a vampire. *laughs*

Sami
01-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Ahh, something I'd love to cosplay, but as of now my skill is -severely- lacking.. ^__^; I'm a big fan of the Vampire Chronicles, and it'd be such a tough choice for me too! Probably either Armand or Louis though; Louis used to be my favorite, but Armand is slowly taking over.. I like Marius too, but I just couldn't pull him off. ^_^;;;

But yes, photos!! :D

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 11:19 AM
*_* Anne Rice....OMG. I worship Marius x Armand. Mmm...the second I saw the Vampire Armand, I had to have it. LoL. It was like a trance...I was pulled into it! xD I read every vampire chronicle book there was! woohoo! :D

Ina
01-24-2003, 11:25 AM
ohhh, sounds like a spiffy idea ^_^ i never thought of cosplaying as an Anne Rice character, her book and characters are stunning. I'm in love with Louis, Lestat, Armand and Marius ^o^ i'm starting Blood and Gold now, and it's getting quite good. But after reading Merrick, i pretty much fell in more love with Louis *.*

anyways, if i do cosplay as one of the Anne Rice characters i wouldn't know who since i have a very tan skin

I said that I went out into the sun for a tan, having the power of 6000 years as a vampire. *laughs*

LOL! i could have that for an excuse

sami - muwhahaha!!! armand OWNS me now after reading "The vampire Armand" *drools over yaoi-ness*

Rosiel
01-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Katan is decided she will stuff me into a Lestat costume if it's the last thing she does. *laugh* She even bought the fabric and the pattern (A costume I don't have to make myself, what a concept!).

I think she has it planned for Otakon, with herself as Claudia. The original idea was Katsucon but time was not on our side. I feel a little strange cosplaying as an actor playing a part though... we're doing replicas of the outfits in Interview with the vampire....

I happen to like that movie... but not Anne Rice's books. They are not very well written (sorry to say) and don't hold much appeal to me. But Katan is such a big fan. ^__^

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 11:34 AM
*_* ... Mmm....Merrick was great....BLood and Gold is so awesome. Marius is such an ass...e.e but such a godly man/vampire... ::hugglesbook::

Ina
01-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Rosiel, you would make a really good Lestat *agrees with Katan* ^____^

Sami
01-24-2003, 12:12 PM
> sami - muwhahaha!!! armand OWNS me now after reading "The vampire Armand" *drools over yaoi-ness*

LOL Yes! I was so surprised/delighted to see a smidge of yaoi in there! ^___^

I own the first movie, and I thought the casting for poor Armand was done awfully.. -_- Sure, I like Antonion Banderas as much as the next gal, but Armand is supposed to be eternally 15-16? So HOW does Antonio fit into that? x_X Unless Armand ages very badly.. aa well.

Oddly though, I thought Brad Pitt made a wonderful Louis. ^_^ And Tom Cruise was perfect as Lestat!

I want to see Queen of the Damned, but people seem to be trying to steer me away from it because apparently it wasn't done that well.. x_X?

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 12:19 PM
QUEEN OF THE DAMN SUCKED. ^^;; ..But the cast was great. LoL. I loved the cast better this time than the other. I thought that the storyline was totally shattered and such...but don't watch it if you want to spare yourself the torment.

Oshidori
01-24-2003, 01:23 PM
heh heh, i didn't see Queen of the Damned, but i went to the release party at Webster Hall. The costumes there RULED!

I love the Witch chronicles. I'd love to be Stella from The Witching Hour. Mainly cuz i'd get to dress all 1920's jazzbaby :D

Koumori
01-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Not a fan, I'm afraid, though I have built a fair number of 18th c. garments for non-cosplay purposes.

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 02:01 PM
I seem to have fallen for Maharet and Pandora...so I don't know. If I was going to cosplay as Pandora or Maharet, I'll need velvet or a roman toga - type outfit. ^^;; ... But it would be fun to cosplay as them..ne?

Ina
01-24-2003, 02:02 PM
sami - oh yesss, i totally agree about antonio banderas playing as armand, Tom Cruise mad a really good Lestat, Brad Pitt played a stunning Louis, yet his face is a little too full, isn't he suppose to have a very slim and lean face? and Kirsten Dunst made such a great Claudia!!! i looove that movie!!!

OMG, QotD the movie sucked sooo badly!!!, the music is good, but gawd they didn't inculde maharet's twin sister!!! WTF? and Marius being Lestat's maker? jeebus! they really messed up the book ;_; anywhuu, but if you pretend you never read the book AT ALL you'll think it's a good movie ^_^

well, too bad Anne Rice's book coming out this year will be her last ;_; NUUU!!!

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 02:04 PM
WA?! Her last?! That's...not possible! It can't be!!! @_@;; .. who else will I admire for life?! BAH!! No more vampire chronicles...I'll..sob...

ChibiRinoa
01-24-2003, 02:10 PM
ooooo me looove Armand....but not Antonio Banderas...blech....i so prefer the young thing he is in the books....heh...i rented QOTD last night and still havent watched it...tomorrow i will

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 02:26 PM
BE WARY...

Ina
01-24-2003, 02:35 PM
chibirinoa - BEWARE!

yes yes! it will be her last, check out her site (www.annerice.com) in her phone messages section... here's part of it...

--
"I feel a great change coming in my career. Infact, I know it's coming. The book I've written, the book that will appear in 2003 in the fall. It will be the last of the vampires and the witches. It will be the very end. Of course, that's subject to change. But I don't think it's going to change. I think it's going to be the last book that I put before the world and desperately plead for. Oh, but it's really about good and evil. Yes, yes I know it's vampires and witches, yes. But it's really about good and evil. It's about salvation, it's about damnation, it's about grace. "I know it's about vampires and witches, yes, yes, BUT"....yeah, that going to end for me. That book at the end of 2003 will be the last one with which I approach the altar of God in convolution. There will be no more after that one....there will be no more. There may be life for Lestat, my vampire hero, there may be life for the Mayfair witches there may be life for them, but they'll be on television or in the movies. I have great hopes for television, and what might do. But the books won't come from me anymore. Something entirely different will come. Something much more direct. But that last book will be published in October. I hope that I will go on tour then, and that I will see you. In the meantime, thank you for all your wonderful calls and for all the love you've given me. Believe me, I love you. I love you all. Take care."
--

ekkk ;_;

crosis101
01-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Course you could Cosplay a vampire.. and then have people think yuo are a LARPer ... uhg... a fate worse than death....

and for the love of god why do all vampires wear crushed velvet and black leather?... why!?.... man that is why Simon is so pissed off all the time, and why Alucard want's to kill his dad... to be a vampire is to have poor fashion sence...

Crosis

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 05:08 PM
^^ Actually...I don't mind having bad fashion sense. It's just something on a matter of opinion. Fashion and trend doesn't have to rule the world, this is why people cosplay. People don't cosplay to "fit" into the latest fashion, yanno. Vampires are a creature on their own -- and if they look good in velvet and leather, then, they should damn well strut their stuff. :P

diqitaldreams
01-24-2003, 05:09 PM
;_; ... say it ain't so...it's not nice...chuuufun...

Tenshi
01-24-2003, 06:03 PM
OMFG, I HATED the Queen of the Damned movie. Whoever wrote that script should never be allowed to write again. I couldn't even make it through to the end. I suppose I would have liked it if I hadn't read the books, but. . .that movie was just wrong ;_;.

And I have hope for more Vampire Chronicles and Mayfair Witches stuff. IIRC, she said she wasn't going to write any more Chronicles after Memnoch the Devil but we see what has happened afterwards ^_^. Besides, she REALLY needs to continue the Mayfair storyline after Taltos.

Anyways. . .I'll stop my babbling now XD.

Celine
01-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Heh, I hated the Queen of the Damned book. No way I'd subject myself to that movie! ^^ Interview with the Vampire was fabulous and had a nice cast, though perhaps not the most accurate. I think Tom Cruise's hair didn't suit him well in that film... he's meant to have dark hair, and looks strange with lighter hair.

I had mixed feelings about Lasher, and I was reading Taltos at some point. I can't remember if I finished the Witching Hour. She's got way too many books, and they aren't all that great. The Vampire Lestat was my favorite.

I like the extravagant and dark vampire costumes. I guess it's just a matter of differing taste. ^^

AshleyV
01-24-2003, 08:12 PM
I agree! I have fell in love with many of the characters and would love to cosplay as them.

Rosieal
01-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Tom Cruise was a good Lestat, but his mouth was too small for him. His acting was simply stunning though. Stewart Townsende acted more like Louis than a Lestat in the Queen of the Damned Movie. They didn't even have Louis in Queen of the Damned which was one of the disappointments I got. The movie was a good movie if you haven't read the book. It would have been better off if it's title were not Queen of the Damned.

Vincent Perez didn't look anything like Marius in Queen of the Damned but he was able to give off Marius' aura. His acting was wonderful, in my humble opinion.

Armand is a very enthralling character, but it's hard to cosplay him physically speaking. One must be able to look like a Boticelli Angel, but I guess it would be pretty easy to act like him. ^^

I saw a picture of an Australian model before. He would make the ^perfect^ Lestat. He has his shoulder length, wavy and light golden blonde hair. He also has that rare short, narrow nose and an unusually large, sensual mouth.

DancingVampire
01-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Hmmm Lestat would be fun to cosplay as considering I look like the Tom Cruise version of him but It would be fun to wear that shirt and blue vest SO PRETTY Im working my wat through blackwood farm right now ^_^

Ina
01-25-2003, 09:31 AM
I saw a picture of an Australian model before. He would make the ^perfect^ Lestat. He has his shoulder length, wavy and light golden blonde hair. He also has that rare short, narrow nose and an unusually large, sensual mouth.

oOoO!!! do you have the picture or a sitey? i know so many character look alikes >.< oiii, this Hugo Boss sweden model is the perfect Louis

RoseDuelist
01-25-2003, 04:09 PM
I would loooove to make a Claudia costume. I wouldn't wear it obviously, because she is a kid, but just to have, like, in a case or something...

Anyway, she gives a lot of detail, but I would think that would help. You can always buy the "Vampire's companion" or the "Witches Companion". They are guides to all of her books. They give brief discriptions of all the characters.

Rosieal
01-25-2003, 08:07 PM
>Hmmm Lestat would be fun to cosplay as considering I look like >the Tom Cruise version of him but It would be fun to wear that >shirt and blue vest

Do so please! I myself could not resist those fantastic costumes. I'm in love with the past.

>oOoO!!! do you have the picture or a sitey?

Yes, I have seen it at www.mostbeautifulmen.com LOL!

>i know so many character look alikes >.< oiii, this Hugo Boss >sweden model is the perfect Louis

Oh dear me, Ina. He is indeed the perfect Louis!

RoseDuelist: The Doll versions of the characters would be a good model for the costumes as well. ^^

cutekawaii
01-25-2003, 08:58 PM
Mmmm sexy bois.

Crosis- Some the vampires wear a lot of velvet and such because it was the fasion of the time period that they were created in. Lestat said in...hmmm...Tale of the Body Thief, I think, that you could always tell when a vampire was created by his clothes.

QOTD MOVIE SUCKED SO MUCH, WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE. Even IF I hadn't read any of the books, it would STILL be a terrible movie. It was so frickin CAMPY! And goddam, Stuart Townsend CANNOT ACT. There are so many things I about this movie I hated, but I will spare you all.

Oh, I found some interesting coincidences appearing in her books...there is a character in her books, namely the Mayfair books, named Stuart Townsend. And Stuart Townsend was the name of the (bad) actor who played Lestat (terribly) in QOTD (awful movie). The most powerful witch in the Mayfair Chronicles died on 9/11. WoooOOoOoo.

Anyway.

I'd love to cosplay my Lestat-sama, but then I'd have to get a wig, and I hate getting wigs X_X My hair is just like Armand's, but JESUS I hate Armand. Someone told me that if my BF bleached his hair, he'd make a perfect Lestat. They both have the most beautiful blue eyes...what thinks you all?
http://moonglow.nu/nikkichan/pics/jon/lake04.jpg

Again with the movie (Interview), I think they all acted the parts very well, but they didn't get the look quite right, except for Tom Cruise. Yeah, Armand is supposed to be 16 and from Russia, so no way could a 40-odd year old Spanish guy convince me. Louis is supposed to have long black hair, too... and man, I REALLY wish Louis woulda cried blood when he cried..that woulda kicked ass.

Ina
01-25-2003, 09:31 PM
cutekawaii - AMEN TO THAT!!! when i first saw Louis crying in IwtV i was like "WHERE'S THE FRICKIN' BLOOD TEARS?!", and Armand, omg, both of the movies got Armand soooooo wrong x_X wow, your BF has really BEAUTIFUL eyes, just stunning ^_^

ghost - LOL! nice domain name *giggles like a school girl* >D check out this sitey for more people who would be great vampires
http://www.sincerest.org/dark/existence.html

Rosieal
01-25-2003, 09:47 PM
cutekawaii: I have gone through the agony of watching the Queen of the Damned movie, but the soundtrack kept me half-alive for most of the part. I hate wigs too. I never wear a wig simply because I can't handle wearing one during a con. For Marius, I'll be curling the ends of my hair and let it fall over my shoulders. I've always wanted that hairstyle ever since I was a kid. It reminds me of Disney's Sleeping Beauty. LoL. Your boyfriend would be a great Lestat, those eyes were really striking. Why don't you try cosplaying Louis? ;)

Ina: I know, I couldn't resist looking at the pictures of those men, but of course not all of them are beautiful, only some selected few. The Marius on the site you showed was (I hate using the term, but I will anyway)... *hot*. LoL. Most of them are quite obscure models which makes it all the more interesting. ^^

By the way, anybody ever thought of cosplaying Sleeping Beauty from Anne Rice? *chuckles* I wouldn't of course, but it would be interesting since the doll version was very beautiful.

Ina
01-25-2003, 09:52 PM
The Marius on the site your showed was (I hate using the term, but I will anyway)... *hot*.

i know!!! *o* i'm pretty sure that's the *young* Sting, great singer, he made a song about Louis called "Moon over Bourbon street" ... nice song

yeah i agree, cutekawaii would be a good Louis ^^

cutekawaii
01-25-2003, 10:07 PM
ina- are you sure that's sting? he looks...different. I'll have to get that song, i love sting. those are some great choices you made! i especially like Khayman and Maharet...and Lestat and Gabrielle...and David and...oh hell I like em all!! Such beautiful people~

ina and ghost- hmm yeah that's a good idea! i like louis enough, and id rather have a lestat to get molested by than be lestat myself.

Ina
01-25-2003, 10:14 PM
yup, that's sting, YOUNG sting, i think that was a picture of one of his older albums *searches*

oh my, beware of me at cons, i'm going to be attached on to an Anne Rice vampire cosplayer if my fangirl sensors spots one >DDD

Rosieal
01-25-2003, 10:46 PM
LoL. I'll be having an Armand to molest though. I don't like Armand much, but he's pretty.

Sting was an inspiration for Anne Rice when he wrote "The Vampire Lestat"

Tenshi
01-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Ooh, I'll have to download that Sting song. I never knew anyone wrote a song about the Anne Rice vampires but Savage Garden (duh, even the name's a homage!). Carry On Dancing is a great song about Lestat ^_^.

Ina
01-26-2003, 12:34 PM
if anybody wants them i got the lyrics to Sting's song ^_^ :
--------
There's a moon over bourbon street tonight
I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight
I've no choice but to follow that call
The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all
I pray everyday to be strong
For I know what I do must be wrong
Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet
While there's a moon over bourbon street

It was many years ago that I became what I am
I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb
Now I can never show my face at noon
And you'll only see me walking by the light of the moon
The brim of my hat hides the eye of a beast
I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest

She walks everyday through the streets of New Orleans
She's innocent and young from a family of means
I have stood many times outside her window at night
To struggle with my instinct in the pale moonlight
How could I be this way when I pray to god above
I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
--------

cutekawaii
01-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tenshi
Ooh, I'll have to download that Sting song. I never knew anyone wrote a song about the Anne Rice vampires but Savage Garden (duh, even the name's a homage!). Carry On Dancing is a great song about Lestat ^_^. what songs did SG write about vamps? Is Carry on Dancing one of em?

haha this is so cool that people wrote songs about her vampies.

i wish the vampire balls still existed ;_;

Tenshi
01-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, Carry On Dancing is the only one they wrote, about Lestat. Lyric time ^_^.

The moonlight. . .
Shines down interstellar beams
And the groove tonight
Is something more than you've ever seen
The stars and planets taking shape
A stolen kiss has come too late

In the moonlight
Carry on, keep romancing
Carry on, carry on dancing

You're never safe until you see the daw
And if the clock strikes past midnight
The hope is gone
To move under. . .

The moonlight
Carry on, keep romancing
Carry on, carry on dancing

Move. Closer. Passion. Stronger.

There's a magic only two can tell
In the dark moonlight
Ultra violet is a wicked spell
The stars and planets taking shape
A stolen kiss has come too late

Moving on. . .Moving all night

Oh, and that Sting song is beautiful! Thank you for sharing Ina ^_^.

Ina
01-26-2003, 07:33 PM
your welcome ^_^ the song's beat is a bit jazzy and blues like, so it's like those sad songs, which is perfect since it is about Louis XDDDD

lupineloli
02-03-2003, 02:40 AM
I stopped being a fan once Ms. Rice sicked her lawyers on her fans for fanfiction (and I stopped reading once it became dribble) but I'd still love to:
1) see people cosplay (hunting for pictures at the Vampires Ball is tideous)
and
2) dress up myself

I wouldn't know who to cosplay as, honestly. I adore Claudia and I made a Claudia doll when I was 12 (that is when I started reading IWTV) but I bet I could pull off any one of the red haired ladies (I have a long, wavy auburn wig). I also have a ringlette wig but I'd have to be Claudia grown-up.

I think a fun group would be Armand and the Theater of the Vampires coven. Estelle, Celeste, Santiago, etc.

or the last gathering of the vampires at the end of QOTD

Rosieal
02-03-2003, 05:23 AM
lupineloli, why not try cosplaying Maharet or Mekare or even Jessica Reeves. ^^

lupineloli
02-03-2003, 03:51 PM
yeah - that is what I was thinking. But which costumes would be recognizible, you think?

Ina
02-03-2003, 06:25 PM
the one she wore when she was talking to all of the vampires in QotD, or perhaps something similar to the one in the movie version *coughthemovieisevilcough* ^_^ it would be so awesome to see a maharet or mekare cosplayer XD

lupineloli
02-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Hm ~ thanks for the ideas! =D

(yes the movie was evil - I was 'lucky' and got to see it test screened...my survey was NOT pretty ^^)

Rosieal
02-03-2003, 11:15 PM
You might also want to try the doll versions of Maharet and Mekare. They have those at Anne Rice's official site. ^^

lupineloli
02-04-2003, 01:16 AM
hmmm....
*checks out site for the first time since 1997*
*mutters something about massive ego*

*looks around*

I'm surprised there is no Claudia doll - but maybe it would hit too close to home with Anne. The female dolls are a lot better than the guy dolls - or does no one else feel that way?

Hmm *trying to remember the dress Anne wore when I saw her at a book signing - but never got into because she kept talking to everyone......* Gold and black with pooooofy sleeves.

anywho - thanks for the tip =)

BTW - has anyone gone to any of the Anne Rice themed balls/masquerades in New Orleans?

Rosieal
02-04-2003, 03:34 AM
A pity that there is no Louis doll as well. The Lestat doll is garbed in splendour, but it looks more like a replica of Marius to me. The female dolls are very beautiful though.

I haven't gone to any of the Vampire Lestat Fan club balls as I do not live in America. Furthermore, the Vampire Lestat Fan club have been discontinued. There are no masquerades anymore, I believe. However, I have been told many wonderful things about the balls by people who have actually been to one.

lupineloli
02-04-2003, 12:23 PM
the red velvet one does look a lot like Marius - I remember thinking that very thought when she presented it on a TV show here a few years back (The Rosie O'Donnell show).

I was also unaware her husband was ill - and had now died. That's really sad considering I see both him & her as kind of "immortal" figures. I mean - despite me not liking her current works, I'll still pour hours into my old, battered and worn copies of the earlier stuff and since I began reading her when I was 12, it's a big part of me =/ Sorry to get all emotional but yeah - I am sad Stan Rice has passed.

CandyElly
02-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I always planned on making Lestat for Dragoncon. I still want to but I don't believe that will happen anytime soon for I am completely broke... and well I don't want to do it half assed. The costume the way I want to do it would probably end up costing $1000 *eek*
Maybe when I graduate from college next year and get a good job...I could start on it ^^
But it was just going to be one of the ones from the movie IWTV.

Laiqalassë
03-08-2003, 09:06 AM
>>---> looks about him <---<< Lost Elf here... >>---> scratches my pointed ears <---<<

At any rate, try looking at IMMORTALIS' cosplay pic as Lestat (without the frock coat >>---> I've seen it though). It's awesome... she even has the fangs if you scrutinize the image closely.

StacyMichelle
03-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Oi, I would love to be a Lestat at some point in my cosplaying lifetime. I could do my hair like his, get some contacts, get my nails done... if I pay hommage to anime by cosplaying, then why not do the same for one of my favorite authors?

I thought about characters like Maharet and Armand, but Lestat is someone that I can relate to better.

Ghost, you're icon and costumes in your gallery are gorgeous! *_* You would be perfect for any Anne Rice character!

Rosieal
03-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Immortalis did make an awesome Lestat. I love the evil fangs and the sinister look. :)

StacyMichelle, thanks for helping me build up my confidence on cosplaying Marius. ^^ I do believe you'd make an awesome Lestat as well. I am able to go to New York and it would be awesome if we could dress up as Anne Rice characters one time. ^__^

Lady Somairot
03-09-2003, 12:16 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so, YES the movie was awful -- this coming from the girl who's favorite book from the series IS the QofD. HOWEVER, and I stress the 'however', you HAVE to watch the commentary. it doesn't completely justify the omittance of poor Mekare ( - you can't justify it, dammit... she should have been there!!! >_<! - ) BUT it explains why they did things the way they did. (for instance, they admit that to do this story justice [and the Vampire Lestat] they'd have a 9 hour mini-series on their hands...)

though there is this one part where they SAY they have reference to Mekare... but I can never see it. In the scene where Marius and Lestat have met up with each other before the concert and they are sitting on a ... what's-it-called-thing... infront of his billboard... o_O;;... yeah. They said something about seeing a Mekare reference on one of the billboards they show, but for the life of me I can't see it. ~_~

NOW THEN. as for cosplay purposes, I'd initially want to do a Claudia costume from the movie... the gold one she wears whilst dancing with Louis in Paris .. mmmm.... ^_^ but I'd probably do a Pandora costume just because I LOVE HER SO MUCH! *drool*

and now I'm finished babbling. ^_~

Radical Urd
03-09-2003, 01:34 AM
alright I know Queen of the Dammed sucked BUT Aaliyah's costume rocked and i'm trying my darnedest to make it, and that head piece is going to give me hell. I also want to make Claudia. There aren't many black people in the Vampire Chronicles tho......

Rosieal
03-09-2003, 06:10 AM
Myoubi's dresses can be converted into Claudia's, Lady Somairot.

You might want to try being Merrick, Radical Urd. She's a very beautiful dark-skinned character... and she has Louis. X_X

TsukiGuujin
03-11-2003, 02:50 AM
*leaps into the thread*

When Ghost cosplays Marius, I think I'm going to cosplay Armand. ^^; It just makes sense to me to cosplay them together.

I don't really have the face of a Botticelli angel, but.....XD

Immortalis' Lestat costume rocks my socks, yo.

(Ghost, you will be a beautiful, if a bit too short, Marius)

About the movie:
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?
It was a really good story, but....who are those people!? Lestat? AHAHAH! That's a cosplayer. Not Lestat.

ANd yes, Aaliyah's costume did rock. But you know, Akasha's skin would be as pale as the marble itself. I don't think that she would be that dark, after being so old. It's even mentioned in the book....OH WAIT! THE BOOK! Right. The movie is NOTHING like the book.

But I have the soundtrack. ^^;

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Rosieal
03-11-2003, 05:21 PM
XD Tsuki! LoL, I'm not more than six feet tall, but I have platforms! If they make the Vampire Chronicles into anime...

TsukiGuujin
03-12-2003, 01:34 AM
X_X
Are they gonna do that? I don't think they will. Anne Rice is too stingy with her characters! *laugh*

She'd prolly get REALLY upset if she knew we were dressing as them.

I wanna see the dolls! I've never seen them. O.O

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
03-12-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
X_X
Are they gonna do that? I don't think they will. Anne Rice is too stingy with her characters! *laugh*

She'd prolly get REALLY upset if she knew we were dressing as them.

Y'know, reading over this thread, that's the first thing I was gonna say. She got angry at fans for writing fanfiction, and had the Vampire Chronicles section at Fanfiction.net closed down.. So what would she do if she saw people cosplaying? :P

Ever since I first saw the movie, I've wanted to cosplay Lestat. Freshman year of high school, I read a monologue from the first book in drama dressed in a really lame Louis costume. *laughs* Actually I think I looked more like early Malice Mizer era Gackt. Long dark hair tied back with cheek length bangs in front, a white dress shirt, black leather pants, and sunglasses to add to the vampirism. *falls over* But I'd love to really do Lestat, in one of his outfits from the movie.. because Tom Cruise was simply amazing in that role. *-* Yesss.. someday.

When Rosiel is Lestat, I am stalking her. The end.

Rosieal
03-12-2003, 11:30 PM
In The Vampire Lestat Fan Club balls, there are many people who dressed up as Anne Rice's vampires. She would even attend the ball herself, so I don't think there is much of a problem when we dress up as her characters.

Her reason behind banning Fan Fiction is because she would like her fans to to write their own original stories and characters and she does not like the thought of her characters being used in a story that wasn't hers.

Lestat is a popular halloween character. There are even Lestat coats and fangs being sold online, so no worries for the cosplayers out there. Michi, you'd make an awesome Lestat and I think you should push through with it. ^_^

Michi
03-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Thankyou, Ghost! ^_^ I think I will indeed try someday. I just dunno when! ^_^;; Gah.
*points at your avatar* You're a sexysexy Rosiel, btw. XD

TsukiGuujin
03-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Michi, you'd make a really good Lestat, and I'm sure your Louis was FABULOUS, if a bit too Gackty. XD

And Ghost IS indeed a sexysexy Rosiel, isn't she!?

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
03-13-2003, 12:59 AM
And re-reading this thread, I really do think Ghost would make a good Arakune. :X I considered he-- him once. o.o;

Thanks Tsuki. ^^ Yayyy I need to go to more fantasy/scifi cons so I can do all of my non Japanese cosplay ideas. @_x Aside from BayCon and ComicCon, though, I know of little... feh.

IMMORTALIS
03-16-2003, 04:29 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

~jumps in from nowhere~ Ghostie would make a perfect Lestat. At least she doesn't need a wig plus the "beastie" look in her eyes which makes you wanna run for your life when she's pissed off. XD Right Ghostie? ~nudges~

Ei, Tsuki-chan! I think you'll make a great ARMAND so go for it, woo! I likey him, of all Anne Rice's characters. =D

Goodluck with your Lestat cosplay too, Michi! =]
I'll cosplay LESTAT again this year, but this time in a different garb. I'm thinking about....dyeing and perming my hair, eep!X___xv

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

†ALUCARD†

Rosieal
03-16-2003, 04:46 AM
The QOTD movie sounded like a fan fiction to me. I wonder why Anne Rice didn't sue them.

Ahhh! No! Not Arakune again! XD Michi, you'll make a dead sexy Arakune, like you did with your Kuja. ^_^

Nah, Tom Cruise is Lestat. I'll end up looking like Magnus even if I try to cosplay Lestat with my currently silver hair. LOL I just need to find a way how to make my teeth disappear and wear a black, tattered cloak. Toothless Magnus! I always thought that Jack Nicholson would make the best Magnus though. I need to practice the art of aging through make-up. I'll bite Immortalis once I completely transform myself into Magnus. J/K

And yes, Tsuki will be my little boy, Armand... won't you? XD

[Edit: I just have to mention the Toothless Magnus part.]

Ina
03-16-2003, 04:30 PM
> When Rosiel is Lestat, I am stalking her. The end.

LOL, your not the only one!!!

O_O ghost, your avatar is sooo sexay!!! gawd, look at those eyes O_O

oh and michi, i think you would be a great armand

IMMORTALIS
03-18-2003, 07:48 AM

Yeah, Ghostie is right!
TOM CRUISE is the best Lestat. ^_^v

I'll bite Immortalis once I completely transform myself into Magnus. J/K

Nah you'll probably lose your fangs. XD
I'm much "oldie" for a victim. ~lol~

†ALUCARD†

Lyn
03-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Wow, wish I had discovered this thread sooner. ^^; I'm a bit of a newbie fan to Anne Rice. I just started reading the books in December and am currently in "Tale of the Body Theif". Not the greatest of the books but I'm determined to read them all in order. ^^;;

I would love to do some type of Vampire Chronicles cosplay some day but the problem I have is I have absolutely no idea who I could pass as! o_o; So, no clue who I would cosplay in that case. I love seeing other people do it though and can't wait to see Rosiel's Lestat cosplay. ^^

TsukiGuujin
03-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Eee, thankies, Immortalis and Ghost! Of course, I will be your Armand, Ghost. *laugh*

And I think Ghost, you will make a stunning Marius, but...Magnus is icky. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Gunnergurl44
10-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Hmm...hope maybe some of you guys are still around...

Well I feel like I'm going out on a limb a bit because I'm doing Interview with the Vampire movie version of Lestat. That's right, I'm going to try to be Tom Cruise's Lestat. *Crosses herself* God help me!

This is for this year's Halloween, for the costume party at my school, which is on the 29th. Um...and I need help! Desperately! Because I'm going the whole nine yards with the hair, the shirt, the pants, the vest, and the coat. My main problem is the coat. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys!

ASTRO☆ASH
10-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Hmm...hope maybe some of you guys are still around...

Well I feel like I'm going out on a limb a bit because I'm doing Interview with the Vampire movie version of Lestat. That's right, I'm going to try to be Tom Cruise's Lestat. *Crosses herself* God help me!

This is for this year's Halloween, for the costume party at my school, which is on the 29th. Um...and I need help! Desperately! Because I'm going the whole nine yards with the hair, the shirt, the pants, the vest, and the coat. My main problem is the coat. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Yay Lestat! Hmm. Well since I'm pretty new to cosplaying I'm not all that knowledgeable on where to get or make cosplay things, but I'd reccomend searching around on etsy.com for victorian men's coats and/or jackets (even possibly brocade ones- I know he has a lot of detail on many of his coats). They won't be totally cheap, but some look well made. You can even ask the seller any questions you have if you make an account on the site~
Or, if you're really gutsy, you can attempt to make the coat on your own! Is it just gonna be a (kinda) simple 18th/19th century coat or, like, one with tails and all that fancy stuff? I know Lestat had some extravagant stuff in IwtV. Sorry I couldn't help more!

I just really wanna revive this thread since I ADORE the Vampire Chronicles! I never actually thought there'd be other cosplayers out there, like the ones on this thread, who did! Plus, I'm considering cosplaying Armand, since he's such a cute tsundere and one of my favorite characters for some reason~ I'd love it if the Vampire Chronicles became popular or at least well-known in the cosplaying world ^^

Gunnergurl44
10-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I'll have to check out etsy.com but I've only got less than ten days and I still need to fiddle round with my wig.

But as for everything else I've got it! Except for the new ace bandage I need. But I think I'll be able to pull it off without the coat. I'm going to be dancing to techno music all night long anyways! ^^

Yeah this is a really great thread, I hope it doesn't die on us!

(Oo....an undead thread about vampires...now that's irony.) lolz

ASTRO☆ASH
10-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I'll have to check out etsy.com but I've only got less than ten days and I still need to fiddle round with my wig.

But as for everything else I've got it! Except for the new ace bandage I need. But I think I'll be able to pull it off without the coat. I'm going to be dancing to techno music all night long anyways! ^^

Yeah this is a really great thread, I hope it doesn't die on us!

(Oo....an undead thread about vampires...now that's irony.) lolz

You're welcome~ Aw, I hope you get everything set in time!

I'm pretty sure ACE bandages aren't that hard to come by. I've seen 'em at drugstores and chain stores. Of course, I conveniently found bandages for crossplaying in a first aid kit lying around in my house a while back XD

Have a great time in your cosplay! A-And maybe post pictures! I adore Lestat cosplayers~

<3

Gunnergurl44
10-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Of course! I'll post pictures no matter what!

yeah, I already have an older Ace Bandage that I found in our first aid kit, but mom said that we'd get a new one because I need to be pulled back a bit more. ^^; But with all the layers on it might not matter very much.

Oh my! I'm adored?! Thank you! <3 :D

ASTRO☆ASH
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I seriously can't wait to see them!!

Yeah, you'd need some well-strengthened bandages if you were wearing something tight, but you wouldn't need to be too tightly wrapped with those layers/loose tops~

Absoultely! C:

Gunnergurl44
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Awww thank you! Yep no worries, I'll definetly have mom or someone take some pictures and I'll post them here. :D

ASTRO☆ASH
10-25-2010, 06:00 AM
Thank ya! Can't wait to see 'em~

Vetis
10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Nice to see the love here for Anne Rice and her magnificent stable of characters X3. I have a Lestat cosplay myself, one I wore long before I really knew what cosplay even was, I wore it to school and based it on the book, since this was pre-movie.. used to have several versions, but time has reduced me to only one complete set alas. Such is my love for her that I commissioned a friend to make my boyfriend a Louis outfit, which he has worn, so now we bring it to every con <3.

ASTRO☆ASH
11-23-2010, 09:11 AM
@Vetis: Oh, man. I wish more fans of it cosplayed~ I'd be happily surprised to see any at a con in the future, and I'll try and keep a lookout for some. Its great that you cosplay from the series though! I can't wait to bust out a VC cos sometime soon (I hope)~

SirDapperPants
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I was thinking of cosplaying Armand, but then I read The Vampire Armand, and... I guess I'm too young to be reading that, since I kinda got creeped out by all the... y'know, sex...
ANYWAY, now I think I'll be Louis or Lestat in the future. Maybe even Marius, because whenever I imagine him he has a troll face. I'm also thinking David Tabolt, since I'm tan and I like him.