PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Kaijugal
08-01-2005, 10:44 AM
I'd like to thank the gals in charge of the Northern Anime Festival masquerade for inviting me to participate at NAF.

Regarding the convetion in general.

I had a nice time attending your convention. From the begining of my adventure when I came strolling across the grounds to see a big groups of cosplayers happily snapping away pictures on the green rolling hills out behind the college, to the end where we spent the wee hours chatting happliy away to friends in a booth at the dance. :)

I managed to attend a costuming panel of interest on Vacuuforming which I felt was an excellent piece of programing. Kudos to whomever arranged for it and to the Panelists themselves :)

I was pleasently suprised by the size of the dealers room and the number of dealers participating! :) There were alot of fun things for sale, posters, art commissions, t-shirts, custom made plushies, jewlery, awsome cosplay costumes on sale from DreamAngels Cosplay (http://www.dream-angels.net/), etc. I personally made the first anime related purchase in two years, (A very cute Totoro Mousepad to replace my poor old circa 1994 Mulder and Scully one XD )

The Masquerade .

Congrats to Ochika and Mekou on running a fine masquerade in the face of great advertity. (You know whereof I speak) ^_^ :bigtu:

I had a lovely time kibitzing with my fellow judges: Stillvisions, Heki , and Kia all who had wonderful input on the proceedings and were great company.

Congratulations on applying the divisional system with great success. You now have a very respectable batch of journeymen who will hopefully return to strut their stuff again next year. :)

I don't have a copy of the awards list but Best In Show was awarded to a lovely pair of original Gothic Lolita designs which were created by a pair of novice costumers and very well finished. I'm sorry I do not have pictures to share of them.

Good luck in your future endevors all.

Cheers!

~Kaijugal / Dawn :wave:

Ochika
08-01-2005, 11:36 AM
im really glade you enjoyed yourself ^_^; and thanx so much on the great tips, ill make sure to put them all into effect next year to make everyone running the masq's life alot easier ^_^;; i know i had alot of fun talking with you and hearing all your happy little stories XD we should hang out more. i know i had alot of fun at naf, scaring the VGCats artist....and everyone else who was in hearing/seeing distance of our masq sign up booth..heh. im happy with the turn out too. it was always busy int he dealers room and i meet a few new friends.

heki-chan
08-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Yay! It was fun! ^_^ Wish I couldve stayed longer though. pooey >o<

and the masq was VERY good *o*

Edgar Strife
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
I too like to say thank you and congratulation to everyone working hard at NAF. It was my first time coming to NAF and I must say, it was a very fun convenction too bad i couldn't stay long. Anyways, thank you everyone for making NAF a fun con and hopefully i can come back next year.

Otaking97
08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Ah hell I may as well chip in with saying YAY for everyone too. I love the Oshawa con since A. It's closer to where I live and B. I don't have to go downtown TO. And C. It's fan run and fun!

I just don't know why it is shunned by most of the fans around??!?! Hopefully this trend goes away next year and we have at least triple the amount of attendee's.

Seed-chan
08-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I had a blast at NAF too~! So relaxing to get out of the city! I'll definitely go back next year~!

Btw, who were the winners of the Masq? *pokes masq directors*

Otaking97
08-02-2005, 07:40 PM
All I know is that we got Most Humerous Award. Also they forgot to make one for my buddy and they said they would snail mail it to me....I wonder if that will actually happen.....

Ochika
08-02-2005, 08:05 PM
yes it will happen. we have to get around to ordering the prizes and such and have been too busy to do it so far x_X umm. i dont have the winners on me, mekou does so ill get her to post them up

Mekou
08-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Thank you Dawn for the advice and the help! We couldn't have done a good job without you! ^__^ Thank you to all the judges and everyone else who helped out with the masquerade. ^_^ I love you all!

>> All I know is that we got Most Humerous Award. Also they forgot to make one for my buddy and they said they would snail mail it to me....I wonder if that will actually happen.....

Don't worry, it will happen. Please be patient. =)

I created a thread with the lsit of Masq Winners: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=65019

Kaijugal
08-03-2005, 01:58 PM
All I know is that we got Most Humerous Award. Also they forgot to make one for my buddy and they said they would snail mail it to me....I wonder if that will actually happen.....

You were without a doubt, Most Humerous. XD :bigtu:

Otaking97
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks. We plan to change them over to another show soon and do another skit on how it's no better there either. We will be known as the guys who cosplay lot's of mechanic teams.....heh.

arnoct
08-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd also like to thank everyone who came to the dance and made it a success--I had a great time DJing it and I'm hoping to do it next year :)