PDA

View Full Version : Haku (naruto)'s outfit

Tenshi Zeruelle
08-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi everybody!

had to get that off my chest. anyway im planning to do haku from naruto's outfit for senior theme day aka halloween for seniors at my school this year. my only question is, what kind of pattern should i use for his outer coat? thats the only real problem im having with this outfit. and how would i apply the white lining around it without ruining the blue? (newbie sewer, so sue me :P)

heres a reference picture: http://haku.sayuri.us/gallery/naruto_haku.jpg

thank you! ~TZ

Zell dincht
08-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody!

had to get that off my chest. anyway im planning to do haku from naruto's outfit for senior theme day aka halloween for seniors at my school this year. my only question is, what kind of pattern should i use for his outer coat? thats the only real problem im having with this outfit. and how would i apply the white lining around it without ruining the blue? (newbie sewer, so sue me :P)

heres a reference picture: http://haku.sayuri.us/gallery/naruto_haku.jpg

thank you! ~TZ
okay well i'll try here for the outter coat, if you can get a black martial arts coat or just a regular coat patern and use the color for the coat, for the lining just cut out fabric and line it, for the sash just but brown fabric and put a black strip in cen center sow the black fabric strip the the brown sash. then for the shirt, eh a brown long sleve shirt that is slightly tight. online you can buy those head bands just look for it . hope that helped.

mokulen22
08-05-2005, 01:40 PM
okies, how to discribe this with out visuals...humm...

I used my housecoat as a model to follow--it's a kimono-like thing--for the green part (Haka's outfit is green not blue..from what I can tell--I had problems with that too). basic kimono pattern will work, just make your panels shorter and the sleave with no opening.

White part: You can fold the white fabric and pin the two open ends together, then sew the open ends to the outside part of the green kimono, it will be a nice clean line on the front.

Hope I made some sense.

Flowery
08-05-2005, 01:56 PM

katawa_kochou
08-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I used the male kimono pattern from Butterick (#B6698). All I did was shorten the length of the robe itself and the sleeves, and used cream colored fabric for the neck band and the cuff on the sleeve. As for the lining ^^; I didn't really line mine. All you have to do is make the neck band out of the cream colored fabric and add it on. Pretty much the same thing for the cuff on the sleeve. But if you're really hardcore on having the lining, it tells you how to line it in the pattern instructions. It's really easy just take your time.

Tenshi Zeruelle
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
alrighty, but first, how many yards of fabric did you guys use for the outer coat?

be honest with me, i bought fabric (a very depressing blue, but it was a great fabric and the only color they had of it and it was on sale so :p ) and i'm an extra large. i bought (according to my receipt)1.806 yards of it but when i wrap the entire fabric around myself, it fits perfectly! should i give up and return it? or do you think i have a chance trying to make something out of it?

will they take it back if it doesnt work out? i haven't touched it and i still have the receipt...

thanks! ~TZ

mokulen22
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
alrighty, but first, how many yards of fabric did you guys use for the outer coat?

be honest with me, i bought fabric (a very depressing blue, but it was a great fabric and the only color they had of it and it was on sale so :p ) and i'm an extra large. i bought (according to my receipt)1.806 yards of it but when i wrap the entire fabric around myself, it fits perfectly! should i give up and return it? or do you think i have a chance trying to make something out of it?

will they take it back if it doesnt work out? i haven't touched it and i still have the receipt...

thanks! ~TZ

Not sure about yards (sorries stupid canadian here) but I bought three or four metres of green fabric for the main part. At the time I was an extra large and it worked for me.

Tenshi Zeruelle
08-11-2005, 07:11 PM
yay! turns out i had more than enough fabric, but how do i make sleeves, pin them on, sew them on correctly so they dont fall apart? (my pattern is very very confusing on this subject -_-)

Kurimono
08-11-2005, 07:45 PM
the way that my mother made my haku cosplay was to turn the body(the vest) part inside out and then like slid in the sleeve and then pin/sew them together. not exactly a great explanation ^_^*, but I can take a picture of what it looks like if you want.

Lady Haku
08-11-2005, 08:03 PM
If you want to make Haku's outter jacket, use a Karate, Kimono, or Judo style pattern. You can find them at any place that sells fabric/ patterns. For the white trim turn the Jacket inside out and sew the white trim evenly. Make sure that the Green is already hemmed before adding the white. Thats the quickest way to do it.

Tenshi Zeruelle
08-11-2005, 08:06 PM
the way that my mother made my haku cosplay was to turn the body(the vest) part inside out and then like slid in the sleeve and then pin/sew them together. not exactly a great explanation ^_^*, but I can take a picture of what it looks like if you want.

thanks! that would be great!!

If you want to make Haku's outter jacket, use a Karate, Kimono, or Judo style pattern. You can find them at any place that sells fabric/ patterns. For the white trim turn the Jacket inside out and sew the white trim evenly. Make sure that the Green is already hemmed before adding the white. Thats the quickest way to do it.

i already have the pattern, im pretty much finished the jacket, i just dont understand how to put sleeves on ^_^; thanks for the hemming advice though!!