PDA

View Full Version : Werid con parties

Dark Vision
01-24-2003, 01:39 PM
I was wondering about anime convention parties. More like the weird ones people do.

My friend was basically talking about her favorite thing were elevator parties, in which they have party on elevators... duh.

I was wondering if there are other weird party like things people do at anime cons.

Doc Stampede
01-25-2003, 03:15 AM
yuaknow, I heard about elevator parties back in the 90's before I even attended any anime cons...

at EVERY single con some group decides its a "new" thing, and does it.. Just like the stuffing of the elevators with furniture... or trying to "shock" people with wierd signs. The "How drunk can I get in 20 minutes" parties.. >_<;;

then there are the more recent trends, like wearing signs or randomly glomping people.

Okay, damn, I'm jaded. ;)

Doc

Aoshi Shinomori
01-25-2003, 04:16 AM
lol at animagic a couple of us had a " hall" party. it was fun

Dark Vision
01-25-2003, 04:31 AM
Hall parties. I was there. Am I blind or was it just plain hidden. Hmm have to be on the look out next time.

Doc Stampede
01-25-2003, 12:10 PM
I've been to plenty of parties that got crowded enough to spill out into the hallway, which nds up being the "quiet" area. Unfortunately, some hotels don't look too kindly upon that. >_<;

I personally think that the best parties take place outside of the convention area. East coast veterans who recognize the sound "swoooooshTHWACK!" will know what I'm talking about. :)

Doc

Ranma Saotome
01-25-2003, 12:24 PM
I remember at Animazement we played Pikachu hockey. :D

MargauxZ
01-25-2003, 01:38 PM
There is a group that holds a mini "plushie con" out of their hotel room. Bring your plushies, roleplay, and have hot yaoi sex. Or cross animal-human whatever sex. It always turns into a plushie orgy at plushie con.

Some people show anime out of their rooms too. Or "stuff swaps" where people trade their anime toys for other anime toys.