PDA

View Full Version : the masquerade: questions and such...

a-tastic
08-03-2005, 02:17 AM
i was thinking this year i'd give the masquerade a whirl...so i was wondering, what night is it, and what, precisely, would one stick on a tape to be played during the skit?

Aleathia Burns
08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
i was thinking this year i'd give the masquerade a whirl...so i was wondering, what night is it, and what, precisely, would one stick on a tape to be played during the skit?
I am entering again this year and this will be my 3rd year. You will have fun trust me!!! O.k it starts on Sunday and the contestants must be at the civic center by 5:00 p.m. You can register by going to an information booth which is located at the hayatt and they should tell you where the registration table is. I recommend going there on Saturday so that way you can be there on time.

If you are doing a skit then it is best to have pre-recorded dialogue on a C.D so that the audiance can hear you cuz they rarely give you microphones on stage.

If you are entering a costume and would like to show it off just bring a C.D with music so that it can better bring out your persentation. Also when in dout check out the website and they have a section on contests that you can enter and they post the rules and regulation on them.

I hope to see you there!!!!! :skidude2:

Eurobeat King
08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
I may not WATCH the masquerade this year, but I probably will show up later before it ends and get pictures of the cosplayers as they process down that hallway-line in front of all those photographers before they go outside to pose a little more before heading back to the Hyatt/Marriott. Last year I watched the masquerade with Yaya and it was fun, cheering on for our friends and c.com members who participated, but I missed a lot of nice costumes that were back at the Hyatt lobby who didn't go to the masquerade. This year I will probably stay at the Hyatt for a little bit, and then trek over to the auditorium to catch the masquerade contestants and winners. :)