PDA

View Full Version : Halloween? :D (or just fall in general)

bag0k
08-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Halloween's coming up... You know what that means! Costuming raises less eyebrow-raising from the normies! :bigtu: So... does VCS want to do anything this fall? I've never been to any of the gatherings that have happened yet and I'm hoping to make one eventually :/... I'm not trying to plan anything, I'm just throwing some ideas into the air...

Star_Angel
09-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Hmm, any ideas for this woudl be awesome, I know it's a bit away but some of the VCS people go to the cherry blossom festaval in April (normaly the day of the japanese street festavel) and cosplay at it, we did EGL this past april. but thats still a good ways away. (I just mentions it because I know it is closer to you Bagok then most of the other gatherings have been)

makotohanabi
09-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Maybe we can have a field trip to the National Zoo when they reopen the panda house. Not sure when that will be, I'll post the information when I find out more. Has everyone been keeping track of the baby panda's growth? He's such a little cutie.

There's the DC Anime Art Show in Ocotber, maybe we can meet up at Vienna metro and have a mini metro con on the way to the show.

Ayla_Inoue
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Hmm, any ideas for this woudl be awesome, I know it's a bit away but some of the VCS people go to the cherry blossom festaval in April (normaly the day of the japanese street festavel) and cosplay at it, we did EGL this past april. but thats still a good ways away. (I just mentions it because I know it is closer to you Bagok then most of the other gatherings have been)

Cherry blossom festival? Where is it? I'd probably go if it was within a few hours of my house, and it's pretty certain I could drag some of my friends along ^_^ That would be much fun :heart:

Bagu
09-12-2005, 10:08 PM
What about the Halloween events at Kings Dominion (weekends begining October 8 to the 30th.) :)

Of course they won't let us wear our costumes, but would be a great way for a meet up.

Mana P. Malice
09-16-2005, 05:27 PM
I do like rollercoasters. Ayla wouldn't need to drag me to a cherry blossom festival...OR if Busch Gardens is cheaper...(chances are not...) I do like the idea of King's Dominion...Can anyone get military discounts? (Whoever goes can give the military person the money and they get the ticket)

Bagu
09-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I do like rollercoasters. Ayla wouldn't need to drag me to a cherry blossom festival...OR if Busch Gardens is cheaper...(chances are not...) I do like the idea of King's Dominion...Can anyone get military discounts? (Whoever goes can give the military person the money and they get the ticket)

Sounds like a plan if we can snag ourselves a military cosplayer...or maybe a boyfriend/girlfriend/mom/dad of one...

myaku_
09-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I have a season's pass to Busch Gardens- it doesn't expire until October 31- and I might... know... miliary... people o__________o Haha, I live in Virginia Beach, basically everyone is military.

Ayla_Inoue
09-18-2005, 08:37 PM
I like the Busch Gardens idea ^_^ We should try to get together for that...sometime? It's about $30 for a ticket, right? (o_0' need job... ) I could probably get together that much money fairly quickly... begging by the snack machines at school XD

(actually....begging's not a bad idea XD It's not illegal to beg on the side of the street, is it? )

And...I'd love you forever if you posted about the cherry blossom festival!!! I'd really love to go to one ^___^

Bagu
09-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Hmm ok, Here's the choices:
1.) Busch Gardens - Howl-O-Scream Williamsburg, VA
September 16th to October 30th
Fridays and Sundays 10 am to 10 pm
Saturdays 10 am to 11 pm
$49.95/ticket

2.) King's Dominion - Fear Fest - Doswell, VA
October 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30
Saturdays 10:30 am to 11 pm
Sundays 10:30 am to 9 pm
$39.95/ticket

3.) Six Flags - Fright Fest 2005 - between DC and Baltimore
October 7 - October 30
Fridays from 5pm -10 pm
Saturdays and Sundays from 12 noon -10pm
$39.99/ticket

Mana P. Malice
09-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I vote between Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion, I won't be able to get a ride between D.C. and Maryland...Let's go early and meet up somewhere at the entrance of the theme parks and wear something bright and obnoxious (like neon green hair) so we can easily recognize eachother...(jk) Although..if you want to..lol It seems Saturdays are when the park stays open the longest...sooo...yeah...

Bagu
09-19-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm leaning towards Kings Dominion...anything to save $10....plus I can offer rides for folks needing a ride from DC Metro (can take 2... 3 at the most).

Hehe....we'll definately need more adults, unless some of you want to drag your parents along :D

UnwantedKikyo
09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I say KD too. Cheaper and closer >.>;;;

Bagu
10-03-2005, 02:00 PM
A Halloween event would rock, except Halloween is a Monday. *kicks college*

(moved from the Renn Faire thread)

I propose if possible doing something the Saturday before, since work prevents me from doing anything on Monday morning as well.

Haunted houses and roller coasters just sounds like so much fun..

Riji
10-03-2005, 03:56 PM
If I don't run off to NC for Halloween, do the Cville people want to have a gathering and a party?

Star_Angel
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
*sniff sniff* I hope you get to come see me! but I am biased, lol
If I don't run off to NC for Halloween, do the Cville people want to have a gathering and a party?

Wakusei
10-03-2005, 10:27 PM
I would come.

Bagu
10-16-2005, 03:50 PM
AnimeFX in Springfield Mall is holding a cosplay event on Oct. 29th, starting at 6pm.

I imagine that Tyson's Corner will also do something, though I have not been up there recently.

bag0k
10-16-2005, 10:20 PM
AnimeFX in Springfield Mall is holding a cosplay event on Oct. 29th, starting at 6pm.

I imagine that Tyson's Corner will also do something, though I have not been up there recently.
Ooh, I would go! Even if Springfield mall isn't exactly the cleanest mall out there... >_> Heck, I might even go even without a VCS meetup. :P Do you have any details on it? I don't go to S. mall that often.

Bagu
10-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Ooh, I would go! Even if Springfield mall isn't exactly the cleanest mall out there... >_> Heck, I might even go even without a VCS meetup. :P Do you have any details on it? I don't go to S. mall that often.

SM has seen better days thats for sure...still not too bad a mall though. I probably can't enter with my Darcia costume, but will show up in it anyway.

Ahh here's some details:

http://www.animefxdvd.com/image/12867884.jpg

Anime FX is hosting a Cosplay contest Saturday, October 29 at 6:00 pm. Stop by the store, fill out a form, and return it to the store no later than October 22 to participate.

Over $300 in Prizes!

Top Prize: A Region Free DVD Player!

Get entries in early!!! This will help ensure character availability. We will accept only the first two entries for a certain character. All other entries will be notified to choose an alternative character

Contestants should be at store by 4:30pm on date of contest.

* Changing quarters available
* Costumes must be home made
* Costumes must be tasteful
* Costumes must be related to anime, video games or an Asian live action feature
* You must be at least 16 or older to enter
* Individual entries only
* No lewd conduct accepted
* No steal/metal weapons

Criteria for judging:

* Originality of character cosplayed
* Creativity
* Craftsmanship
* Presentation

Anime FX is not responsible for bodily injury, damaged costumes, lost products, Pin pricks, Catfights resulting from similar costumes, mental anguish and damage to ego.

Parasaurolophus
10-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Anime Pavilion in Falls Church is also having an anime fest + costume contest on November 13th (not quite Halloween, but close) http://www.animepavilion.com/
Thanks for the info about Anime FX contest Bagu- I think I might enter with Robin. (after cleaning it up from otakon)

LaPetiteSalope
10-18-2005, 12:03 PM
SM has seen better days thats for sure...still not too bad a mall though. I probably can't enter with my Darcia costume, but will show up in it anyway.

Ahh here's some details:

http://www.animefxdvd.com/image/12867884.jpg

Anime FX is hosting a Cosplay contest Saturday, October 29 at 6:00 pm. Stop by the store, fill out a form, and return it to the store no later than October 22 to participate.

Over $300 in Prizes!

Top Prize: A Region Free DVD Player!

Get entries in early!!! This will help ensure character availability. We will accept only the first two entries for a certain character. All other entries will be notified to choose an alternative character

Contestants should be at store by 4:30pm on date of contest.

* Changing quarters available
* Costumes must be home made
* Costumes must be tasteful
* Costumes must be related to anime, video games or an Asian live action feature
* You must be at least 16 or older to enter
* Individual entries only
* No lewd conduct accepted
* No steal/metal weapons

Criteria for judging:

* Originality of character cosplayed
* Creativity
* Craftsmanship
* Presentation

Anime FX is not responsible for bodily injury, damaged costumes, lost products, Pin pricks, Catfights resulting from similar costumes, mental anguish and damage to ego.

AHHH! I'm sooo going! ^_^ ....I'm not sure what costume I would wear....people who go to Springfield mall are pretty...er.....sketchy...>_>

Yeah....perverted -latino- men would start stalking young girls...O_O

bag0k
10-18-2005, 05:09 PM
AHHH! I'm sooo going! ^_^ ....I'm not sure what costume I would wear....people who go to Springfield mall are pretty...er.....sketchy...>_>

Yeah....perverted -latino- men would start stalking young girls...O_O
Yeah... *shudder* I remember a few years ago there was a string of rape cases there. SUPER scary. Only reason I ever go there is because it's got a DDR arcade.

So that's why I always to to Fair Oaks! :D Or sometimes Tyson's... *drool* They opened the new wing there! I wantsta check it out sometime...

Aaah... I don't think my cosplays are neat enough... (Edit: Plus, they're all from video games... O_O) (Editagain: uh-- no, scratch that. It allows video games! Hm... *stares wistfully into space*) I'm thinking of starting a super neat-looking character from inuyasha who's name escapes me right now... (Edit: uh... SO won't be able to get it done in time. I'm just rambling. Gotta quit the edits. Yes.) But I think I'll go! It'll be a much closer setting to meet cosplayers and get to know some new techniques.
*nodnod* yeah, I'm pretty darn sure I'm going! Like, 80% sure... O_o

Bagu
10-18-2005, 09:08 PM
I'll be around most of the time to keep an eye out. I look pretty formidible in my Darcia outfit so maybe if the weirdo's see that they'll steer clear.

AnimeFX is also run but another anime club in the area so VCS needs to go a represent.

I'd love for all of us to walk around the mall during the time its going on, and get lots of glances for the mall rats. Maybe we can get free goodies from the shops! :D

Of course, Tyson's is also on the bill, and any other big malls in the area that might be doing something.

makotohanabi
10-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Fair Oaks has a few events, not sure what they are.

Springfield mall is getting a bit dodgy now? Haven't been there in years. Everyone have fun at the Animefx party, I'll be at yaoi con that weekend. Sucks that the halloween events are on the weekend. Might be able to do a mall con on the 31st after 6pm (my plane arrives at 3:55 in theory).

Maybe we should do a pre AUSA mall con, there's an Asian buffet place at Fair Oaks we can go there for lunch and walk around for a bit. Walking around any place in costume is worth it for the people watching alone. Reactions range from people trying not to stare to folks asking you "why are you dressed like that".

Mana P. Malice
10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Happy Halloween..