PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Cosplayers?

Bonk
01-25-2003, 08:35 AM
I guess this isn't really a 'Seeking Cosplayers' thing, but I was wondering, anyone here ever cosplayed Yu-Gi-Oh, and got pictures? ^^'. I've seen only a few Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers(Most are Yugi), and I want to see more. The characters in YGO got pretty cool outfits, especially Kaiba. -Wants a cloak like his-. -Coughs- Anyways, anyone cosplayed Joey/Jonouchi before? Or Mokuba? I cosplayed Battle City Mokuba for Halloween last year, and everyone thought I was a robber who had odd colourations in their outfit XP. -Coughs-. I plan on Cosplaying Jou's Battle City(Blue square and Dogtag outfit) to Anime North, CN Anime Expo, and ColossalCon, any any other Cons I plan on going to. Anyone have a Yu-Gi-Oh group set up already for one of these Cons? If ya do, do you have a Jou? If not, then I'd be willing to join as him ^^. Heh, oh, and has anyone made a Duel Disk for their costume? I plan on making one, but I need some tips on what to make it out of. Well, that's all. I think I drifted off topic Xx.

Dark Vision
01-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I've always wanted to make a dark magician costume but I have no time. And that one would actually some of my time.

SohjiroX
01-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Well you have two to three coming to fanime03, I'm going as Kiba as my friend is going as Dark Magician and another as yugi. I'm going to bring a silver suite case and a gauntlet for stars while I'll also have a mask of a toon blue eyes white dragon to scare the dark magician...its just for fun like coruage the cowardly dog, cant spell, in anycase hope to see a jou or others there.

CelesDragon
01-27-2003, 09:19 AM
If any of ya are going to Otakon, we got a YuGiOh group going: Kiaba, Mai, Yami Yugi, Isis, Yami Bakura & Black Magician Girl for now.

Bonk
01-27-2003, 03:07 PM
I -wish- I could go to Otakon, but, that'd involve having my dad driving well over six hours, or riding an airplane, and I hate planes Xx. Ooh, and btw, you got a BMG/DMG in your group? Sweet! Do they got their costume done? I wanna see a DMG cosplay, since, I've deemed her outfit 'un-do-able'. Then again, I've deemed most oufits I've seen in anime undoable, then find a cosplayer that cosplayed them perfectly.

Spooky Brew
01-27-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm wearing my Bakura to Comic-con!

KuroBara
01-27-2003, 11:28 PM
*glomps Spooky for cosplaying Bakura*

*regains composure*

Hi DMG, I'm the Mai in Celesdragon's group. We're all making our costumes. Kaiba is already done, he wore it to Otakon last year, you can check out pics here:
http://breaktheshell.fateback.com/otakon
He's redoing the duel disk, that one is made out of ceiling tile, duct tape, shinguards, wood dowls, and that part of the stove that goes under the burner. I know, it sounds ghetto, but it came out pretty good!

SohjiroX
01-28-2003, 12:56 AM
so how many goes for yugi are going to fanime or AX or such? and as who, like I said earlier I am doing Kiba and such, check preves reply here please.

SleepingKirby
01-28-2003, 05:44 AM
Anyone going for Magician of Black Chaos? That's the costume I really want to see from that series.

TheLoneWolf
01-28-2003, 10:05 AM
that costumes is going to take a *LOT* of work.Good luck to anyone who is going to try!

SailorAndromeda
01-28-2003, 11:09 AM
I plan on making a DMG costume for Otakon 2003. I've been planning it since right after last year's Otakon ^^
I don't really see it as "undoable", but finding the right material will be hard.

Bonk
01-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Heh. I really wanna go to Otakon now, to see all the YGO cosplayers ^^. I think, if I beg my dad enough, I might get a 'maybe' from them, though, they might get bakaish and say 'Then we won't go to the CN Anime Expo' >>. -Sighs- There's no way I'm not going to CNX though, I love Canada, and wouldn't pass up the chance to get to go to CNX ^^.

CelesDragon
01-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SailorAndromeda
I plan on making a DMG costume for Otakon 2003. I've been planning it since right after last year's Otakon ^^
I don't really see it as "undoable", but finding the right material will be hard.

That makes two of us, lol. I'm the one doing the DMG for our group for Otakon. I've been putting together ideas and breaking down the costume, but finding the right materials..oy. That hat looks like a pain, lol.

(woo, 200th post!)

SailorAndromeda
01-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the finding of materials is rough. I might have an idea for the hat, but I won't know until I try it. Good luck with yours! We'll have to get together for a photo, if we get them done ^^

digikoomi
01-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Here~ watashi Bakura. but dont know when we want to do it...

Sciguy
01-31-2003, 11:07 PM
I wonder, how many of you have decks, as well? It'd be great to go to Otakon and challenge a Dark Magician Girl to a duel! My deck goes wherever I go, so I'll definitely have mine with me at Otakon and Katsucon.

Oh, and I'm preordering a Labyrinth of Nightmare Booster Box, so expect to be defeated by the Oujia Board! Mwa ha ha!

PS: For those who don't know, the Oujia Board is a five-card set of continuous Trap cards that, when I get all of them onto the field, gives me an automatic victory. It's like a counterable Exodia.

SailorAndromeda
02-01-2003, 10:40 AM
I have a deck. I haven't played in awhile though. My husband also has a deck, so I'll make sure we bring ours, just in case (if I remember ^^')

KuroBara
02-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I'll take you on. I'll be dressed as Mai, although I don't play any of the harpy cards.

Sciguy
02-03-2003, 05:26 PM
I'll duel you! I shall slaughter all! Or if not, I'll at least have fun! (man I sound like a loser...)

My friend RJ is building a Harpie deck. He's got three Harpy's brothers, three Harpy Ladies, two Harpy's Sisters, one Elegant Egotist, and Rising Air Current. All he needs is a Harpy's Pet Dragon and he's set!

SohjiroX
02-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Taking my deck to the cons no matter what for fun

CelesDragon
02-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy
I'll duel you! I shall slaughter all! Or if not, I'll at least have fun! (man I sound like a loser...)

My friend RJ is building a Harpie deck. He's got three Harpy's brothers, three Harpy Ladies, two Harpy's Sisters, one Elegant Egotist, and Rising Air Current. All he needs is a Harpy's Pet Dragon and he's set!

KuroBara may not play the Harpie deck, but it's a main part of mine. ^_~ Tell your friend to go buy the new edition of Forbidden Memories, Pet Dragon and the Red Eyes metal dragon are in it.

*looks at list* You might want to tell him to add another Egotist(s), you can only summon one Sisters card or Lady at a time and then the card goes byebye, unless he's stacking his deck with Magician's of Faiths. I always have the prob of not getting the right combo of cards unless I can stall.

I'm bringing both my decks anyway.. if you're gonna cosplay YuGiOh, I think it's a rule that you gotta carry your deck with you, lol.

Bonk
02-03-2003, 09:47 PM
When I (hopefully) make my Duel Disk, my deck's going to be in the slot XD. Either that, or Joey's 'actual' deck that they'll (hopefully) start selling soon^^.

Sciguy
02-03-2003, 10:13 PM
that won't be Joey's actual deck. To get his real deck, buy the Jounouchi structure deck from Japan. It's $50-60, but's it a great set! It contains baby dragon, 1000 Dragon, Time Wizard, Graceful Dice, Skull Dice, Polymerization, Red Eye Black, Red Eyes Metal, so on and so forth. It may also contain a Jinzo, but I don't know for sure.

ryuichi fangirl
02-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CelesDragon
If any of ya are going to Otakon, we got a YuGiOh group going: Kiaba, Mai, Yami Yugi, Isis, Yami Bakura & Black Magician Girl for now.

Ahh! I was planning on doing a Yami Yugi for Otacon and my friends wants to do Kaiba! Think I can get a pic of all of us? ^^

FujiHonda
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
I guess I'm the only Honda/Tristan cosplayer, ne? ^^;;

My friends and I have a Yu Gi Oh group for PortConMaine. ^_^

So far we've got Honda (me), Yugi, Jou, Mai, Bakura, Kaiba, Otogi, Anzu, Yami Yugi, Malik, and Sugoroku (Grandpa). ^__^

I'll start dueling when there's a Honda theme deck. T_T;

KuroBara
02-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Lol, a Sugoruko? Remember to post pictures!

Bonk
02-11-2003, 06:48 AM
A Honda themed deck? XD now that'd be one bad deck. I doubt it'd sell, that is, if Honda actually uses the cards he uses in the GBA game.

And, get pictures of the Jou cosplayer too! Which outfit are they doing for him? XP. I've changed my mind, and plan on doing his 5th ending outfit, which is a somewhat gothic version of his Battle City outfit. It's red with a black square instead of white with a blue one. Bwah. I'm still going to make the Duel Disk though.

Evil ColSanders
02-11-2003, 02:40 PM
*wipes tear*

http://www.kentuckyfriedcosplay.com/Members/ECS/BanditKeith/BanditKeithCard.jpg

good lucky trying to make a DMG.

FujiHonda
02-11-2003, 04:45 PM
a bad deck? XD; yeah, I know....but I aspire to be a horrible duelist! X3

um...I dunno what outfit the Jou cosplayer is doing. ^^; I think it'll just be his duelist kingdom one, but it might've changed. =P

Portcon isn't until June, so we still have a bit to decide on. ^_^

Bonk
02-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Heh. XP.

Are you guys going to make Duel Disks to go along with your costumes? Iffya are, what are you going to use? I'm still doomed on that. I don't have a clue what I'm going to use, though, I'm thinking of using a frisbee, a bowl, white spray paint, some blue card protectors, and possibly styrofoam. I want to make the Duel Disk pretty close to the real thing, meaning that it'll have to have slots beneath the place where you put the monster cards on 'em and all. I'm planning on making the 'non-dueling mode' of it, where the thing's not connected, since I figure that...uh...it'll be better that way. Yeah -Nods then falls over- Something tells me my Duel Disk is going to turn out to be the worst thing ever.

Sciguy
02-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Since when does Bandit Keith play spellcasters? I thought he was a zombie duelist... My Spellcaster deck will own you all!

KuroBara
02-11-2003, 08:41 PM
*shakes head*

Bandit Keith is known for dueling with machine cards. Just watch his duelist kingdom battle with Joey, he uses Slot Machine, Barrel Dragon, etc.

FujiHonda
02-12-2003, 06:48 PM
um... I don't know if we'll have duel disks. =P I'm very uninformed. X3;; either way, I won't have to worry about making one. ^_^; I just have to figure out how to make Honda's hair. X_x;

Oh! I forgot to mention how demented our group is gonna look! Y'see, our Seto cosplayer is the shortest, and our Yugi cosplayer is the tallest. ^^;;

Bonk
02-12-2003, 10:16 PM
XD That'll look warped. Though, I've seen warped before. There was a Shippou and Inuyasha cosplayer there, and the Shippou cosplayer was a head taller than the Inuyasha one. Both did excellent jobs on their costumes though, and looked cool. They were just little kids anyways. They were even younger than me o.o' They're the youngest kids I've ever seen that know of Inuyasha. Heh.

For Honda's hair...good luck. XD I dunno how I'll do Jou's hair. Maybe I'll just make his like it is in the manga, since mine looks somewhat similiar. The only problem is that for every crossplay I've chosen so far, they've had hair infront of their ears. That annoys da heck outta me Xx.

Tribble
05-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I know I'm kind of digging this post up from the grave, but what is the current status of the Yu-gi-oh cosplaying groups?

I'm going to be attending 2 of the days as Pegasus, which I for some odd reason have never seen anyone cosplay as.
Also, my friend will be going as the Black Luster Soldier for all 3 days.

As far as decks go, I'll be brining two. A Pegasus style deck of course, and my main usual Dark Power deck.

DarkMgcnGirl
05-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Tribble
I know I'm kind of digging this post up from the grave, but what is the current status of the Yu-gi-oh cosplaying groups?

I'm going to be attending 2 of the days as Pegasus, which I for some odd reason have never seen anyone cosplay as.
Also, my friend will be going as the Black Luster Soldier for all 3 days.

As far as decks go, I'll be brining two. A Pegasus style deck of course, and my main usual Dark Power deck.

My friend Lander did a Pegasus costume ... I dunno if he's planning to wear it or not to Otakon ... I think it depends on if me and my boyfriend finish Kaiba and Isis.

KuroBara
05-12-2003, 08:08 PM
An Otogi has been added to our Otakon group. So that's:

Mai- me
Black Magician Girl- Celesdragon
Yami Yugi
Seto Kaiba
Yami Bakura
Bandit Keith
Otogi
Dark Elf
Isis Ishtal

This will most likely be on Friday.

Tribble
05-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Friday huh? damn, Im going to be wearing Amarao on Friday which requires those crazy sideburns. Sat & Sun are Pegasus days, though my friend being Black Luster Soldier is going to be him all 3 days.

KuroBara
05-13-2003, 09:40 AM
*shrugs* Sorry, Saturday is our big Angelic Layer group. If that changes to Saturday, we won't have Otogi, since he wants to wear his KH Cloud that day. Some people in the group may wear theirs all 3 days, but most of us are in the AL group too. Amarao? ummm...brain lapse, who's that? I hope we run into your friend.

Tribble
05-13-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm sure it will be hard to miss him. Not only is he a hair over 6ft tall, but he'll be wearing that full black luster armor. Captain Amarao is from FLCL, same guy as in my avatar. On Sat and Sunday I'll most likely be spending a good amount of time in whatever card dueling area they have looking for yugioh players.

Scortia
05-14-2003, 08:58 AM
I haven't made it yet, but I'd like to do a Malik cosplay in his streetwear... simple and really cute. All I'd need is a Bakura. :P

Phantom6
06-11-2003, 11:17 AM
*SNiffles*

There aren't any cons in Florida...

I can't wear my Ghoul costume...

That damn duel disk too forever to make too!

DarkMgcnGirl
06-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Ummm ... there are actually several cons in Florida ... one (Jacon) just passed. Check Fansview (www.fansview.com) cause Kevin Lillard has a list of conventions and their websites.

Kurai Deux
06-12-2003, 06:39 PM
I haven't made it yet, but I'd like to do a Malik cosplay in his streetwear... simple and really cute.

his streetwear? Malik has streetwear? o.O have a pic? ^_^;;

-Kurai

CapsuleCorp
06-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Dang, now I wish I could go to Otakon. I'd love to see you all - take lots of pics! I won't finish my Yami Yugi "bondage vest" in time, I haven't got the buckles yet.

FujiHonda
06-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Good news! I got back from PortConMaine yesterday, and our Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay group won Best Skit Overall. ^__^ We ended up having a Yami Yugi, Yugi, Seto, Bakura, Jounouchi, Honda, Mai, Shizuka, Weevil, and Shadi. Actually, Shadi was really a Hiei cosplayer we had made friends with...we just wrapped the cloth from her neck around her head and called her Shadi so she could be in our skit. ^^;;

ANYWAY, I typed up our skit when I got back to share with people online. ^_^ it was called "Yu-Gi-Oh sings 'Big Spender,' AKA Why Dubs Suck."

You can read it here, if you want: http://home.1asphost.com/fujihonda/Cosplay.htm

I'm waiting for the PortCon site to get their pics on their website. ^_^; *wishes she could go to Otakon* -.-;

CapsuleCorp
06-17-2003, 12:46 AM
That's hilarious!! I can't wait to see pictures...

odango-mango
06-17-2003, 01:31 AM
sounds like so much fun!!! i wish I could come along, but I'm too poor to travel right now . I'm working on a Kaiba costume and Tea costumes at the moment.

Suzushichan
06-19-2003, 03:44 AM
I made a Tea costume that my friends Kagome and Lastat take turns wearing. I myself cosplay as Mai and my little sister cosplays as Mokuba. I'm tryin' to get my friend Kumori to cosplay as Kaiba...^_^...heheh... *tries to keep herself from drooling*
He makes a rrrrrreeeeeally good kaiba. @o@!

kaiba
06-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Nyarr, seems like my next few years of cosplay are being taken up by Yuugiou costumes. Not minding of course. :3

AnimeEvolution 03 - possibly Yami no Yuugi. Depends if I get it done in time.
CNAnime 03 - Yami no Yuugi. w00t for the hair, gives me an excuse to dye it.
Anime North 04 - Kaiba-boy and Pegasus. :3

NeoLunaAngel
06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
So who all is in the Otakon cosplay group? Do you want to get group pictures at any certain time??

*can't wait until otakon!!*

^_^

CelesDragon
06-20-2003, 12:00 PM
*blinks* FujiHonda, that was you at PortCon? *was non-cosplaying girl working at CD table in dealer's room* I recognized and talked to a few c.com'ers I knew, but I had no idea.

Anyway, as KuroBara listed, our group for Otakon right now consists of a:

Mai- KuroBara
Black Magician Girl- me
Yami Yugi
Seto Kaiba
Yami Bakura
Bandit Keith
Otogi
Dark Elf
Isis Ishtal

All Duel City versions with the exception of Bandit Keith who's doing the Kingdom version. I think we're still on for friday, if not, we've switched to sat.

Tribble
06-20-2003, 12:39 PM
If you're on Sat, myself as Pegasus (for Sat and Sun) and my friend will be there as Black Luster Soldier (all 3) will be available.

FujiHonda
06-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Aa~ Cool, CelesDragon! -^_^- Yup, that was me. ^~

Wai, it sounds like you guys are gonna be having a blast at Otakon, too bad I can't go. v_v;

Oh well, I've got to worry about my other costumes for now. ^_^

HarpieLady
06-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Trying to build a Harpie deck takes more work than just a few cards that you've seen on the cartoon show. I've personally have a real Harpie deck and I would not include some of those cards that you listed on there.
I guess I'm an actual Yugioh dueling freak,but a deck consists of 40 different types of cards, not just a few.
Some cards included in my Harpie deck,
Harpie Lady, Harpie Sisters, Elegant Egotist, Harpies Brother, Electro whip, Cyber Shield (if you can find it), Harpies Feather Duster (also hard to find, only comes in Jap), Shadow of Eyes, Mirror Wall, Heavy Storm, Monster Reborn, Dark Witch,blah blah blah and the list goes on.
Also, a Magician of Black Chaos costume would rock. A Harpie Lady costume, which I'm currently working on, is also going to rock!
I'm a great duelist and I always win!
Harpie Lady, in attack mode!

NeoLunaAngel
06-24-2003, 01:50 PM
celes dragon:
on your list of yu gi cosplayers, do you have all those characters already or are you still looking??

*still can't wait for otakon ^_^*

CelesDragon
06-24-2003, 05:38 PM
All those positions are filled, sorry. ^^; I just posted my and KuroBara's names next to our characters because we're the only C.com people that are part of the group. The rest of them are close friends of ours. We're game for pics and/or duels with any other YGO cosplayers throughout the weekend though!

Tribble
06-25-2003, 01:08 AM
I'll also be bringing a few of my decks with me in hopes of playing other dueslist. I didnt see it on the site, but are they going to have a specific area for card games and the like at Otakon?

NeoLunaAngel
06-25-2003, 10:24 AM
open question...

my fiance has two decks. one with regular poweful cards (doesn't everyone think they have the meanest deck??) and another with cards that have the same stats, but the picture and the name were changed to be anime characters. for instance dancing fairies was changed to season fairies with pictures of sugar, salt, and pepper (if you know who i'm talking about...^_^) the picture changed, but the effect and points were the same. would duelists have a problem dueling his modified deck? would it cause major offense, and should he just bring the normal deck; or should he bring both and ask before dueling. he put a lot of work into the cards and alot of thought into making them fair and he wants to duel people at otakon, i just don't want the concpetion to be that he is cheating...

since some of you are going and you'll duel (celes dragon, you're on!! I'll duel you!! ^_^), what do you think about his deck???

thanks for help on this *slightly* off topic post!!

CapsuleCorp
06-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Personally, as long as it wasn't an official tournament event but just a duel for fun, I'd love to see his customized deck! That sounds so funny! The only problem is if you don't get the anime inside joke and thus can't tell when the card is played what it's supposed to do. Most monsters I don't think that would be a problem, though...

NeoLunaAngel
06-26-2003, 12:42 PM
You're on!! :) Will you be at otakon??

odango-mango
06-28-2003, 01:24 AM
it must have been expensive to buy all the cards for a deck. I wanna learn how to play the game someday^^;;

CapsuleCorp
06-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Me? Alas, no. I'm broke and can't take a trip like that - Otakon's a long way from me. Maybe next year.

I don't even want to know how much money I've spent on duel monsters cards...for a while I would drop $20 every time I went into TRU. I have four usable decks, two of which I knocked myself out to complete to my satisfaction, plus a pile of cards I don't know what to do with and far too many duplicates to trade. I just wish there were more people near me to duel!

CelesDragon
07-07-2003, 02:34 PM
I want to see this anime deck just for sheer curiousity factor. ^^; And it's on, whoever wants to duel.

Ok, I have a question for people, Is anyone going to be in YGO costume on friday, cause I'd like to get at least one group photoshoot for it. My group can't switch to saturday now, we're committed to another photoshoot on saturday for our other cosplay. Also, in case anyone checked out the Otakon site, the Japanese VA (Rica Matsumoto) for Bakura (Both Yami and regular) is going to be there. I'm hoping she does a friday signing, cause I want to meet her in YGO costume.

odango-mango
07-07-2003, 05:03 PM
I finaly found a place where I live that carries Yugi cards but they're $8 a pack, and i'm too poor right now, lol. I am getting a starter deck soon though.
Good luck with your photoshoot it sounds so fun!!!
I have a small Yugi group that will be at Anime Evolution this month and I can't wait to take photos.

I'm going as Kaiba and the Yugi we're meeting there challenged me to a duel so I hope i get my deck in time and learn the basics.

Weeeeeee! ^___^

AnimeAngelBlue
07-10-2003, 11:05 PM
::laughs:: Black Magician Girl is certianly not undoable ^_^

http://neko_chan416.tripod.com/costumes/yugioh01.jpg

waynekaa
07-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Our group just finished a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay
I put the pictures up at the homepage
http://www.geocities.com/agsma/agax03.htm

AnimeAngelBlue
07-10-2003, 11:16 PM
grr... didn't use the right link, this costume was debuted at Icon 22, and then worn again at Yuricon, this will be used again at Otakon ^_^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?Photo=57744&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

blackMAGE
07-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Feh. My toon deck is unbeatable. You guys are on. XD

CapsuleCorp
07-11-2003, 09:44 PM
OMG waynekaa, that's hilarious! Excellent skit. The costumes are fantastic, I'm especially impressed with Kaiba. That sucker's not an easy thing to pull off.

waynekaa
07-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Thanks CapsuleCorp! Kaiba's one of my favorite costumes in my collection now.
I really liked the idea of Hong Kong Bootleg so I just had to put it in the script.

dustbunny690
09-28-2003, 08:00 PM
OMG That is the best made millenium ring that i have ever seen, love the site. ^^

question what was it made out off, the ring i mean?

waynekaa
09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
I found a hoop in the right size made out of plastic and then just attached the little danglies. I made some out of wood so I could screw the screws in. Love the power sander! Be careful not to sand off your fingers doing the tips.