PDA

View Full Version : Sakura con 2006 March 24-26,2006

Eurobeat King
08-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Anyone planning on attending Sakuracon 2006? Here's the info:

www.sakuracon.org

March 24-26, 2006
Washington State Convention & Trade Center

I plan to attend, and it'll be my 4th year in a row (5th year overall) I guess I'm used to the Hilton,Marriott, and convention center the last 3 years. :lost: But a new change in venue means a new look, new (and returning) cosplayers, and new pictures to be taken, so I look forward to the new convention center and the neighboring hotels. :D

Who else plans on attending?

SakuraSessho
08-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm going to the Sakura-con next year! ^__^ me and my friends when last year too! I'll be cosplaying as Krad this time!

It's kind of funny, I saw you at the con last year, when you were taking a picture of that group of game characters in the hall...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/SakuraYasha/312975.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b18/SakuraYasha/?action=view&current=312975.jpg)

See? In this pic they are looking over at us cause we were taking a picture of them! LOL ^__^
What a small world.... sadly, we didn't manage to get into any of your pictures in the 2005 con.... oh well, maybe next year! By the way, nice pics of the Jrockers and the AsiNsync dude. (as ginji and in black) They were our favorite peeps at the con!

kiwi
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll be there with bells on! (Perhaps literally :) First year I won't be staying at the hotel, though -- hard to justify it when the convention is only 5 blocks from my apartment! It's kind of sad that it won't be at the Hilton, because I have a feeling it'll become a "sleepy con" because the majority of the hotel rooms won't be directly connected to the con center and most people probably aren't going to run around downtown Seattle at 1 am in their PJs. The fact that it's going to be bigger -- with the likelihood that it's going to get even bigger and bigger in the coming years -- is pretty cool though ^_^

RainbowSheltie
08-11-2005, 03:37 AM
To be honest with you, the hotels, all the hotels, aren't that far from the convention center. Just a walk thought the park, as it were, and you're there. Yeah, the maps on the official site make the hotels seem farther away then they really are.

I defintally be attending, considering I'm Assistant Director of Programming. I'm not sure what my costumes will be, but look forward to some awsome programming, Live and Video Theatre, Panels.... Bigger spaces and defintally more activities for all ages this time around.

Sakura-con 2007 - Assistant Director of Programming
Kumori con 2006 - Assistant Director of Programming

Rose of Malice
08-11-2005, 03:30 PM
I plan on being there! I've got another weekend pass and a hotel room this year, so I'm going to be doing everything I can...

kiwi
08-14-2005, 03:13 AM
To be honest with you, the hotels, all the hotels, aren't that far from the convention center. Just a walk thought the park, as it were, and you're there. Yeah, the maps on the official site make the hotels seem farther away then they really are.

I know exactly where the hotels are -- this is my home turf ^^; (I know several of them are very close to the con and a couple others are decently close.) Regardless, though, people will be broken up a lot, especially when you take into account that there aren't enough rooms reserved for SC for all attendees so a lot of folks will end up even further away. If my friends get a room at the Grand Hyatt I might consider crashing for a night, but otherwise it's not worth the cash -- especially since the hotels won't even have closed circuit TV. If I can't go down a few flights of stairs in my pajamas and hit the con floor, then I'm probably not going to hit the con floor after midnight-ish.

Sanzo Fangirl
08-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I'll be going next year! I'm going to be cosplaying as Kazuki from GetBackers. My friends are tagging along as Akabane, Ban, and I think Ginji....Last year I was Fuu from Magic Knights Rayearth with the giant sword...I was walking around with my friends who went as Umi, Hikaru, Princess Emeraude, and Miroku.

UviB
08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
I am so going next year, and being the in the cosplay again :) Hotel's are not a problem, as I am going to be staying with a friend up on CapHill, although we might deside to rent a room just so we won't have to take the bus downtown in our costumes. I am so happy we are change locations, now we all can eat real food! (aka, no more Denny's!)

I am such a dork though, when I heard we were changing, I draged a bunch of my friends downtown just so we could find where all the hotel's were, which was closer, and we even went in to the center. It is so COOL, and BIG! and so many different places to take pictures! They have this one part that is all pants and so pretty... *fangirls over the center* only 7 more months!!

odango-mango
08-24-2005, 11:17 PM
i'll be there as well! Already booked a room and I'm just planning out cosplays for next year. I can't wait :)

Lucrezea
08-25-2005, 02:05 AM
I've been thinking lately about finally making the trip to Seattle for Sakura Con. I'm not too far, considering, being in Vancouver. Even a return bus ticket for a non-driver is barely $70. I think I will end up deciding for sure depending on how my credit card looks after our trip to Winnipeg next month. -_-; If all goes well, here goes a hotel booking!

zansatsu
08-28-2005, 05:53 AM
i am planning on attending with my naruto group, so far im sasuke, we have a shino, naruto, some anbu, maybe gaara and kakshi, and some more hopefully, im new to cosplay.com

Ami
08-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes, Sakuracon 2006 is going to rock I can safely say that anyone attending this year will have a whole bunch of new items to enjoy with the bigger convention space and housing facilities so yes I will be there if you see Raven or the Raven wearing white, say hi cause thats me.....

Barunesusa
08-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I am SO going. I went last year, and omg, it was such a blast! I plan on entering music videos again (too many ideas!), and cosplaying and such. I'll be cosplaying as Ed, Miniskirt!Hawkeye, and Pride!Ed from FMA. Hope to see ya all there ^^

MilleniumStrife
09-01-2005, 06:35 AM
I'll definately be there, also as staff. =)

As far as costumes go, I'm hoping to do either Takuto Myers from Galaxy Angel or Roy Mustang from FMA. Hey, it's not everyday you find an anime character that shares your same first name, plus he's got a pretty high coolness factor. ^^

-MS

Blackjack Gabbi
09-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I hope to go, but I haven't gotten my ticket yet because it sounds like it'll be awfully hectic.

Fuji
09-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Yep, I'll be there (staff gahh~~) for my 5th year in a row :) Maybe I'll get to meet some of you guys there :D!!!

zansatsu
09-01-2005, 07:14 PM
i am attending the 06 sakuracon and my group is kind of small, soo i was hoping to meet some new people who like anime.....i thought sakura-con would be a good place to look. send me a message if you interested in meeting dark sasuke XD i neeed to meet some more people who like anime, because quite frankkly i dont know nearly enough

Pincer
09-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Definitely going for the third year in a row (would've been four if I didn't get boned over on some leave)!!

Debating on pulling the old King costume out of storage (or wear the new one I'm building for another con or two). Don't worry, Armor King not gonna show up. Need to do some repairs. If I can get some headgear done I will wear my AD Police uniform (2027 original series, body armor) for this one and possible one of my two Resident Evil costumes. Chris Redfield from RE1 or the STARS uniform from RE: Apocalypse.

tapioka
09-03-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm gonna be there too~~ but no longer as suigintou... look for me as Fai D. Fluorite! (the short one) can't wait to bump into you again, Eurobeat King! :3

Ashadeus
09-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Hopefully I'll be going to Sakura Con 2006 along with one of my good friends (whom I've lovingly dubbed Shukaku after her costume at Anime Evolution 2005). We'll be meeting one of our friends up there (TheDarkenedElf) and inflating the ranks of the inevitable Naruto gathering and possibly the Bleach gathering as well. Also, anyone going as Deathnote or Weiss Kreuz characters, please tell me! The three of us have costumes (either planned or finished) but we just need a bigger group. Anyways...hope to see you all there!

Rose of Malice
09-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Also, anyone going as Deathnote or Weiss Kreuz characters, please tell me! The three of us have costumes (either planned or finished) but we just need a bigger group.

If I get a really awesome wig, I might reuse my L costume for a little while during one of the days at Sakura-Con next year.

Ashadeus
09-06-2005, 10:20 PM
That'd be great if you came as L! I hope to be attending as Raitou for a few hours of one day, so if everything works out, we could arrange a time to meet and take some photos. And if I can get my friends organized, we'll have at least one other L and a Misa.

Rose of Malice
09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
That'd be great if you came as L! I hope to be attending as Raitou for a few hours of one day, so if everything works out, we could arrange a time to meet and take some photos. And if I can get my friends organized, we'll have at least one other L and a Misa.
Very cool~! I'll look forward to it!

odango-mango
09-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I thinking about perhaps making a cosplay from Kingdom hearts. Anyone else here or know anyone who might be cosplaying from this for sakuracon'06. I'd like to get some group photos

Trumby
09-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I just reserved my room today! Now to MAKE SURE I have people to go with me! <.<

UviB
09-14-2005, 04:51 AM
I am now staying in the Paramount Hotel, it is a straight shot and a short walk from the Convention center, if anyone is looking for another hotel now that the Hyatt is sold out >< If anyone sees a scary looking girl with a huge wig in the loby that will be, stop me and say hi! :jjacks:

Trumby
09-14-2005, 04:06 PM
That's where I'm staying too ^-^

Rose of Malice
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Sadly, I will most likely not be bringing my L costume to Sakura-Con next year... I wish I could, but I've gotten other ideas. (Even though I'm still no where near done with my MiniSkirt!Roy outfit.)

Sh!bby
09-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Eheh I might be going to Sakura con if I can afford it by then...I just moved to Port Orchard and am really broke, so whether I go or not has yet to be determined.

If I do go, I'm going as Reno and could have a band of Turks and Rufus with me. Yay.

Ashadeus
09-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Eheh I might be going to Sakura con if I can afford it by then...I just moved to Port Orchard and am really broke, so whether I go or not has yet to be determined.

If I do go, I'm going as Reno and could have a band of Turks and Rufus with me. Yay.

^^ Yay for Turks! I'm working on my Tseng costume as we speak, and I think I've convinced my dad (of all unlikely people) to go as Rude. I hope to see you there! (I might change my mind and go as Turk Vincent...but I still don't know yet. He's a little obscure.)

Sh!bby
09-25-2005, 08:06 PM
^^ Yay for Turks! I'm working on my Tseng costume as we speak, and I think I've convinced my dad (of all unlikely people) to go as Rude. I hope to see you there! (I might change my mind and go as Turk Vincent...but I still don't know yet. He's a little obscure.)

Cool! I know that if I go, I'll have my Reno costume and drag my fiance as Turk Vincent (because that's the only costume I could talk him into...), and some of my friends from North Carolina want to visit me and come to the con. They're chronic Tseng and Rufus cosplayers. ^_^

~~~~~

Does anyone know what overflow hotels are nearby, and rates? Unfortunately, I live on the peninsula as-is, and I'm about to move even further north, up across the water from Canada, so a hotel room is going to be a must.

Zarie
09-28-2005, 02:35 AM
ME. I am going!

I'm really looking forward to checking out the venue. It's supposed to be really big! Hopefully I can have some involvement with catering a possible EGL teaparty. Oooh I love cooking!

Hopefully the parking won't rape my checkbook. Because I know the local hotels will. ;_; (I can't believe the Hyatt's sold out this early. That is too weird.)

Sieneko
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm going to *try* and go. I've gone for the past 3 years, but this past May I moved to Virginia and it's a bit more of a challenge to attend!
If I visit my family this spring, I'll try and time my visit at the same time the con is. Hopefully I can go! ^_^

Kumi-chan
10-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm definitely going! Sakura Con was my first con, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. No hotel for me...I'm Lynnwood-based, so it would only be a 30-40 minute drive. If my brother will lend me his car for the weekend (he'll be away at WSU then anyway), I'll be set. Otherwise, I'm stuck either carpooling with friends (which is a possibility) or taking the bus, which means I'd have a pretty restrictive curfew. My brother's pretty cool, so he'd probably be willing to let me drive his car.

I'm trying to put together a Magic Knight Rayearth group, so if anyone's interested, check out my thread in the "Seeking Cosplayers" forum!

Figle
10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I will be going for sure:) as Lord Ilpalazzo!

Essenceofaaron
10-21-2005, 07:09 AM
im goin =)

Lukas Sanvien
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Most definitely going. Just don't know as who yet.

Maybe Ichigo Kurosaki. Theough where i'm going to find a sword as big as Zangetsu, I don't know. Unless I made it...

Edit: Definitely Ichigo. I'll be carrying a Released Zangetsu over my shoulder the whole time, so feel free to stop me and take pictures!!!!

Saying hi is good too...

Captain Jack
10-26-2005, 03:17 AM
I'll be taking the wacky pilgrimage up to Seattle again next year for this con!

Right now I'm debating taking a plane, or roadtripping it with friends. Trying to balance out the pros and cons of each, and I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Should be another good freezing cold time!!!

Kumi-chan
10-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Oh, yes, it will be cold. And wet. Can't wait! Hopefully the four-plus layers of my Tomoyo-hime costume will keep me warm. The Fuu costume's going to be another story. Short skirts...grrrr....

Oh, and Tirol Chii! Yes, I will freeze. All for the love of good cosplay. Hey, as long as it's cute, right? I should probably keep my Hogwarts uniform in the car, though. The cloak on that thing is super-cozy.

Please take my picture! I love posing!

Hey, anyone wanna be Zagato?

Simmaria
11-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I'll be taking the wacky pilgrimage up to Seattle again next year for this con!

Right now I'm debating taking a plane, or roadtripping it with friends. Trying to balance out the pros and cons of each, and I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Should be another good freezing cold time!!!
im still leaning on road trip but the big question would be where do we get a good car?

KatsuyaTsubasa
11-14-2005, 01:12 AM
i'm going too :D my little brother is going to be Sora(kingdom hearts) and i'm gonna be Riku(KH as well XD)

mygirlfriday
11-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I'll be going! Third year in a row. I want to try hanging around in cosplay more this time. More time meeting people, less time in the room hiding from con drama. This year I'll be going as Paine from FFX-2, a dancer from Ragnarok Online and Raito from Death Note. So if you see me, say hey!

baka-jin
11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
woah im must been sleeping while i wrote this, made no sense
*edited for clarity*

anyone from vancouver (not bc) going? I'm interested, but after all I'm a newb and don't really have clue. it would be great going with someone.

Kumi-chan
11-16-2005, 12:01 AM
I really hope I make it to the cosplay this year! I miss it every year at Sakura Con, but I finally got to go to the one at Anime Evolution. Now I really want to go!

It'll be great not having to trudge up the hill to visit the dealer's room. I just hope there'll be decent food nearby. The situation at SeaTac wasn't great, of course, but the ramen and ice cream runs to the Seven Eleven across the street were always fun. (I got the greatest shot there of a really good Sasuke and Naruto with cup ramen and frog purse this year.) And the sushi place up by Denny's was really good!

mygirlfriday
11-16-2005, 12:11 AM
And the sushi place up by Denny's was really good!

It was really good! A bunch of my friends went there last year. They wouldn't serve us the year before when we tried to go in cosplay. An Aerith told us that no one in cosplay had gotten in that night. Which made me sad. Don't hate!

Kumi-chan
11-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Oh, it was great. I went with my boyfriend and my friend Ryu: I as Merle (Escaflowne) and her as Sakura (CCS). The waitress started laughing as soon as she saw me, but in a really nice way. I love that costume, I get the best reactions from normals when I wear it in public. I think it's the ears (and the twitchy tail with the giant puff on the end). The only problem was that a few tobiko got caught in my furry wrist puffs; that stuff's sticky!

Hopefully there'll be good Japanese close by. It's fun to live off of Pocky for awhile, but by the end of the second day, I'm always ready for something a bit more solid. I think I'll definitely pack onigiri this time around, since I'll be staying at my place anyway. Maybe some omelette and chicken, too. Obento, oishii!

mygirlfriday
11-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, Todai is just a bus ride away. *__* Best. Japanese. Food. Ever. Buffet-style. Though riding the bus in cosplay might be a negative experience...

Lukas Sanvien
11-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Not to mention the price tag...

Kumi-chan
11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
I guess the experience would count on the costume. It always does. I can't see my MKR costume being a problem, especially if I remove the armor, because it's just a blazer-style school uniform. Princess Tomoyo's elaborate enough that I'd probably get more questions (hence, more people informed about cosplay!) than heckling.

Just make sure to bring along a long jacket for short/revealing outfits, and definitely leave the cumbersome armor, weaponry, and Cardcaptor Sakura staffs in your hotel room if you can. There's always the chance they'll get broken or left on the bus or at the restaurant anyway. They'd take up room on the bus anyway, which is annoying to those who don't know what the heck you're doing. I had this problem the first year I attended, on the shuttle from my hotel to the covention. My bo kept getting under everybody's feet, because we were so packed into the shuttle.

I can only imagine how difficult it'll be for those who'll have to take the bus to get to the convention in the first place. Travel in groups, because a group of nerds is always more intimidating than a nerd alone.

mygirlfriday
11-30-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree about the traveling in groups thing. The hotel we're staying in is like... seven blocks from the con, so we're going to walk there and back in our costumes each day. My friend who's going as Edea is convinced people are going to think she's a drag queen, what with all the make-up and boas and such. ^^; I've got myself a trenchcoat to wear when I go out in public as an RO dancer.

Lukas Sanvien - Lunch is only $15, which isn't cheap, but... it's all you can eat. With crab. *__* I'll make it count.

zansatsu
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
i finished my vincent turks outfit and i have posted the pictures in my gallery. all i have to do is get a black tie..........what are the rules about airsoft guns?? cause if its not loaded you should be able to bring it right???????????????????

Kumi-chan
12-06-2005, 12:20 AM
How strict is Sakura Con when it comes to realistic-looking weapons? This is actually something I've wondered about for awhile. I've never carried a realistic prop before, and I don't really have one planned for upcoming cosplay (the bow and arrows for Fuu will be pretty obviously fantasy-look), but I am curious. I know the general rule is, if they can't tell if it's real or fake from a distance, you can't bring it, but what has been everyone's real experiences with this? The staff I brought in my first year was just a thick dowel slung across my back, but they still made me peace-bond it. Where do they draw the line? Has anyone here had the staff tell them they can't bring their props in before?

And on the real-food note, how far is the convention center from the International District? I'd love to stop off at Uwajimaya's for a snack run at some point. And does anybody know if there will be any good scenery for photos at the Convention Center? Hallway pics are okay in daylight hours if you're near a window, but the best shots are outdoors. At least the Hilton had some nice courtyards.

kitti-chan
12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
YAY im gonna be there... staying at the crown plaza... dunno why? i got my room before the paramount and hyatt were filled up ... Guess I just wanted to be different? I guess ill see how that works out this year and maybe next year i will stay in a closer hotel?

Im continueing my trend of little girl cosplays XP First it was lumiere now this time im making a sakura (cardacaptors not naruto). I will also be bringinf ulala again. not sure if i will have any other cosplays but who knows with my craziness.

Xj9
12-24-2005, 07:46 AM
kiyah! 4:30 AM and i'm posting; ohayo!
new to cosplay, new to cosplay forum, new to anime conventions. sakura con will be my first.
well, going and not being a character means: 1) no one will take pictures of me 2) i'll be missing out on the whole experience.
i'll be staying in my pretty little dorm with my kendo kick ash roomate that will also be going to do a demo~ =^^=
3 days of costume madness and we'll see about changing it up till the end.
what to expect? lotsa ppl? lotsa ppl selling stuff? skits?? is there an agenda? that'd be nice.
sakura con, here i come~ bbaaaasshhhaaaaaa~!

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm going this year, but I can't decide on who to go as. I'm considering going as either Barret from FFVII, Tidus, somebody from Naruto, or Sesshomaru.

J_Krolak
12-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Working in downtown Seattle for the past 16 years, I think I can help fill in a few questions on location / restaurants / commuting.

1) The convention center is located right over Interstate 5 in the eastern part of the main shopping district of downtown. You're right on top of the Cheesecake factory / Subway / Gameworks for food. And within a few blocks are some of the major restaurants in the downtown region as well as the hotel restaurant options. Westlake center (a regional mall) is about 5 blocks away, and the fameous Pike Place market is about 8 blocks due west.

2) Commuting is relatively easy in the downtown core. However there are a few items that require attention. The free ride zone covers most of the downtown core but the Seattle Bus tunnel is current closed for upgrades. Free rides also end after 7:00pm. Regional commuting is possible on weekdays until roughly 9:00pm but after that it can be a VERY long local bus ride to communites both North (Lynnwood / Everett / Marysville) and South (Federal Way / Tacoma). Do NOT count on Sound transit / Community Transist / Pierce county Transit for commuting on the weekend or late night travel outside of the Metro transit service area[I] Parking is available at a reasonable price if you know where to find it. [I]However, you need to be aware of time restrictions. Getting your car locked in for an evening is NO fun and VERY expensive. Most hotels will usually work with conventions and there are a few ground level lots that have deals for 24 hours within walking distance of the hotel.

3) The International district is reasonablly close to the Convention center but it is still a long trip south near the sports stadiums. Transit will take you there but I would recommend allowing at least 60 to 90 minutes for a round trip

4) The convention center is filled with lots of knooks and crannies that are wonderful for photography. Weather permitting there is also an open forum that connects to the greenery by freeway park. Weather permitting I'll see about shooting some photos at the convention center and posting them to my gallery.

Looking forward to a great time at the convention and getting to see you all in pictures.

J_Krolak
12-30-2005, 03:05 AM
For those who are interested, here is a link to Sakuracon 2006 room usage: http://sakuracon.org/docs/publicity/Sakura-Con-2006%20WSCTC%20RoomUsage.pdf

Buildings in Seattle are often built into hill sides, so you can actually have ground/street level access on mutiple levels (in this case ground level to the North on level one and to the South on level four) And a new skyway to the Hilton hotel

Kumi-chan
12-31-2005, 03:54 AM
Wow, this is really helpful! I completely forgot about Pike Place Market. It'd be awesome to walk down there for lunch, maybe do a photoshoot. Gorgeous pics with the Sound in the background! Or any anime with an outdoor market/bazaar (I'm thinking Escaflowne, when they're in the Asturian marketplace, but I'm sure there are dozens it would fit with.)

I'm beginning to think that I'm going to need to carpool after all, though. I don't want to end up walking to my car alone at 11:00 at night in downtown Seattle, especially in a schoolgirl outfit, and definitely not in a Chobits one. Anyone from Snohomish or the Lynnwood/Edmonds/Mill Creek area going? Preferrably a nice young man or woman who knows kung fu?

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-31-2005, 12:30 PM
I live in Lynnwood, but I don't have a car or liscence. I think that weekend I'll be staying by my aunt's place who lives in the U-District. Sorry.

J_Krolak
12-31-2005, 06:05 PM
A few items to remember about the Pike Place Public Market if you're planning to do photography down there.

First, it is a working market that has become a tourist attraction. You'll have lots of crowds during business hours and it's very tight quarters with all the people. The high stall / vegitable sellers are worth visits and photos in their own right and would make a great background for appropriate costumes. (Just remember to ask for permission, they are actually working at the boths)

Second, the market is crowded and has a high stain / spill / splash potential. Make sure that your costume can take this exposure.

Third, there are great Sound / Harbor overlooks at the northern end of the market in a small park complete with Indian story pole. Just remember the walk down to the market is level at Pike Street and has steep hills on the northern ends.

Fourth, Rachael the bronze piggy bank is a great photo spot for certain costumes of if you wanted to try and create the illusion that your fairy / Chobit is small in size. (Pity we lost the FAO Schwartz teddy bear statue that was in downtown.) It's right below the big neon clock and market place sign and near the fameous Flying Fish Company, where they will throw / catch your purchase.

Finally, while the market does not mind the quick tourist style photos, any more serious location photo shoots really should coordinate with the Pike Place Market Authority. I doubt they'll mind, however they may want a permit for use of their location if it would be a distraction or impact business. It might be worth while to do this at a future convention as it would permit better photographs with less trama to any elaborate costumes.

Chinese Ai
01-01-2006, 02:28 AM
I'll be going to SakuraCon, it'll be my 2nd con that I have went to. I'll be going as Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto and my sister will be going as young Sasuke. So if you see a younger version of Sasuke following an older version, you'll know that's it. Also looking for a group.. have a Sakura already, a Naruto and Kakashi or anyone else would make a nice addition.

Sadly, I live in Kent.. which means a long drive to the convention center. *sighs* Hopefully there won't be any traffic..

Kumi-chan
01-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Happiness! My boyfriend came over for New Year's Eve tonight, and announced that we might be lodging a couple of blocks from the convention center. Apparently, a friend of ours from our anime club lives very near by, and he's been gracious enough to offer his home to a few of his friends. It sounds like we'll be within walking distance, which means I might finally be able to stay to the end of a J-pop dance, and actually get there early enough to attend opening ceremonies this year.

Happy New Year! Less than three months to go! (I need to order my Tomoyo wig.)

And I think I will bring my Merle costume (again) this year, just for the hell of getting some marketplace photos. I'll do a little upgrading on my boyfriend's Van as well. Any Hitomis or Millernas coming? I should definitely try to get some pictures in my Merle costume by the Flying Fish Company, especially by the giant ugly fish they always have on ice. You know, the one they tweak occasionally when a customer gets too close? Scared the bejezus out of my brother the first time they did that to him.

Kioko
01-02-2006, 11:20 PM
I will be there again at S con this year. I will be wearing Shion (Xenosaga), Nana (Nana), Itachi (Naruto) and 2 Yuuko (XXXHolic) costumes.^^

moki
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm going to Sakura con this year along with some friends... I'm excited because this will be my first con~!

Not sure who I'm going to go as, yet... n___n;;

Sasutard
01-11-2006, 04:53 AM
Also going, and going as the commonly-seen-Sasuke with two friends. Most likely anyways.

I live quite a drive away, though it could be worse so no complaints here ^_^;

TheCactuarAteMe
01-14-2006, 08:37 PM
I'll be going again this year, it will be my fourth year at Sakura-con. My dad and step-mom got a room at the Seattle Hilton so I don't have to have someone drive me back and forth so I'm all happy about that. And I've got a couple of my friends staying with me.

I'm very excited about it this year, and I just hope I can my costumes done in time. I'll be going as Edea and Kairi (the pink outfit from KH2) this year, Kairi for sure. Edea, if I can get it done. If I can't I'll probably bring an older costume to wear, like Selphie or Tifa. ^^

metamagenta
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
If anyone is concerned about dealing with people who may be unhappy about cosplayers, I'd suggest just taking the 49, 43, 11, or 10 bus up to Capitol Hill. You can also walk east (uphill) on Pike and you'll end up on it.

The Hill is the gay center of Seattle, so the people on the Hill are plenty used to seeing people dressed up. Nobody ever blinks twice at drag queens, so I doubt anyone's going to care about cosplayers. And if you're of age and you want to go out and drink or dance, it's probably going to be your closest option in terms of that.

Quisty_Quest
01-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I will be going! my first year! really excited about it!

Kajiita
01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
I'll be there too XD

UviB
01-19-2006, 08:12 PM
If anyone is concerned about dealing with people who may be unhappy about cosplayers, I'd suggest just taking the 49, 43, 11, or 10 bus up to Capitol Hill. You can also walk east (uphill) on Pike and you'll end up on it.

The Hill is the gay center of Seattle, so the people on the Hill are plenty used to seeing people dressed up. Nobody ever blinks twice at drag queens, so I doubt anyone's going to care about cosplayers. And if you're of age and you want to go out and drink or dance, it's probably going to be your closest option in terms of that.

Oh, there is a really great Pho place at the end of Broadway, next to the bank with the cat in the window... (yay for Fi-fi directions!) anyway, it is well worth the money to get there, and along with great pho, you also get cream puffs, first! (best idea evha!)

just thought I would mention it...

oh, and I am comming... the airlines can't stop me!

metamagenta
01-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh, there is a really great Pho place at the end of Broadway, next to the bank with the cat in the window... (yay for Fi-fi directions!) anyway, it is well worth the money to get there, and along with great pho, you also get cream puffs, first! (best idea evha!)

just thought I would mention it...

oh, and I am comming... the airlines can't stop me!

To be more specifc, Thanh Brothers is the name of the pho place, and it's on the north end of Broadway between Republican and Mercer. Their banh choux are really good, but I think their pho is so good because they use MSG. There's a new, slightly more expensive, but tastier, non-MSG-using pho place thats a couple blocks south called Pho Cyclo.

Actually, most of the restaurants on Broadway aren't half bad, although I wouldn't recommend the Jade Pagoda for anything except grease, ambience and alcohol. Anime fans seem to love their Japanese food and there's two restaurants on Broadway- Hana is decent, but if you're willing to spend a bit more, Aoki is better.

I could go on and on about where to eat and what to do on Broadway and the rest of Capitol Hill depending what you're in the mood for, but I'm not sure people are really dying to know. Although I should add that if you're not comfortable with us homos, you may want to find somewhere else to entertain yourself.

UviB
01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
To be more specifc, Thanh Brothers is the name of the pho place, and it's on the north end of Broadway between Republican and Mercer. Their banh choux are really good, but I think their pho is so good because they use MSG. There's a new, slightly more expensive, but tastier, non-MSG-using pho place thats a couple blocks south called Pho Cyclo.

Actually, most of the restaurants on Broadway aren't half bad, although I wouldn't recommend the Jade Pagoda for anything except grease, ambience and alcohol. Anime fans seem to love their Japanese food and there's two restaurants on Broadway- Hana is decent, but if you're willing to spend a bit more, Aoki is better.

I could go on and on about where to eat and what to do on Broadway and the rest of Capitol Hill depending what you're in the mood for, but I'm not sure people are really dying to know. Although I should add that if you're not comfortable with us homos, you may want to find somewhere else to entertain yourself.

We love you! *Hug* but yes, I had guess that there was something else in that pho that made it taste so good. But there is Dick's for burgers, which is inexpencive (no choice on what is on them tho, this isn't burger king) Picora's is a fav for many, maybe a late night pizza party type thing, and yeah, I can't think of any others right now. But as Metamegenta said, if you are uncomfortable with dragqueens, homeless, gay people, anything like that, just stay in the city.

Heat
01-19-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm seriously considering going, It'll be my first Con...ever!, Two problems though A.) I need to get there and B.) I need to collect enough funds to get in and such, If I do attend I plan on being an original character of my own devilish design and if I had a digital camera I would show you all...We'll have to wait and see

LadyAmaryllis
01-20-2006, 11:46 PM
This is the weekend right before my Spring Break, so I *might* come. I doubt I could get my whole cosplay group up there, but I'd personally really like to go. Seattle is my favorite city in the world, so I'm always looking for an excuse to do a road trip to Washington.

The problem is that I won't have any new costumes to debut, and my other costumes are all better in a group setting (Pokemon can-can, the Ragnarok ones) or they're getting old and repetitive. Hn. Maybe I can think up something relatively cheap and quick...if I can think of a costume, I might come. ^^; Seattle! YAY!

Eurobeat King
01-21-2006, 01:37 AM
This is the weekend right before my Spring Break, so I *might* come. I doubt I could get my whole cosplay group up there, but I'd personally really like to go. Seattle is my favorite city in the world, so I'm always looking for an excuse to do a road trip to Washington.

The problem is that I won't have any new costumes to debut, and my other costumes are all better in a group setting (Pokemon can-can, the Ragnarok ones) or they're getting old and repetitive. Hn. Maybe I can think up something relatively cheap and quick...if I can think of a costume, I might come. ^^; Seattle! YAY!

Yay that you're coming up from So.CA for your first Sakura-con! It would be great to see you, Sparkle Pipsi, and the other guys at another con other than Fanime, AX, & Ani-magic. :D I'll besure to keep an eye out for your costumes, and please bring the Pokemon CC & Ragnarok ones, since they'll be NEW to the Sakuracon fans. ;)

Please keep me posted on you & your group's status!

AFadingDream
01-21-2006, 12:58 PM
You can expect to see Captain Jack, Simmaria, and myself! We are driving from Southern California for our second Sakuracon! :O. Can't ait to see you all there. ^_^

mygirlfriday
01-21-2006, 01:20 PM

You should come and bring your old costumes! As EBK said, they're new to us. Plus you could come chill with a huge RO group! We'll party (I'm such a nerd. -_-)~

Kajiita
01-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Yeah I'll be with another RO group too so you'll have plenty of people to harass. XD Hopefully we can get a big RO photoshoot going!

BlankShadows47
01-29-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm SOOOO going to be there! Going as Dagger, yet again. Although, I'm actually going to finish the costume this time . . . Last year, I didn't have the leg belts, the right boots, OR the gloves. So, Goodwill, here I come! I'm also going to be Bulma (I'll explain in a minute). And, for the third day, I think that I might chip back into Dagger again . . . Not sure. If I can get some sexy-looking moogle costume together, it would be AWESOME!
So, I convinced my boyfriend to go, and he's going as Steiner (to accent Dagger). In return, since he's ALSO going as Vegeta, I have to go as Bulma. Not my favorite, but I have to make him happy. He's also going to be Hercule. So, a couple rare costumes that I have yet to see at S-con, even though this will only be my second con. I'm SOOOO excited! I can't WAIT to see everyone there! So . . . If you see a chick in an orange crushed-velvet Dagger costume, snag me. I should be noticeable, as I'll have a Steiner tagging along with me . . . Sometimes.
Looking forward to seeing everyone! And, please don't hesitate to say hi or ask for a picture. I LOVE getting my picture taken! ^_^
WHOO! Yay for Sakura-con! -does a little happy dance-

LadyAmaryllis
01-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Yay that you're coming up from So.CA for your first Sakura-con! It would be great to see you, Sparkle Pipsi, and the other guys at another con other than Fanime, AX, & Ani-magic. :D I'll besure to keep an eye out for your costumes, and please bring the Pokemon CC & Ragnarok ones, since they'll be NEW to the Sakuracon fans. ;)

Please keep me posted on you & your group's status!

Oh no, I'm sorry to disappoint you but there is almost no way the others would be coming ;_; Sparkle Pipsi and her fiancee Mikee Jouee are very careful with money right now because they are getting married next year and are saving up for an apartment. As for everyone else...well I just don't see them coming, lol. I will definitely ask, but it will probably just be little old me, unfortunately (if I even can save up the money myself, haha! 300 dollars for flight + hotel + not working for a weekend + angry parents = a lot of trouble for a college student. *sniffle* )

You should come and bring your old costumes! As EBK said, they're new to us. Plus you could come chill with a huge RO group! We'll party (I'm such a nerd. -_-)~

That makes me feel a little better, I definitely will bring my hunter and Alice, then ^^; If I come, that is. The biggest reason I'm thinking about coming is because two friends in my Ragnarok guild are from the Seattle area and it would be fun to meet them. (Fatty Chubby Kitties on Loki! what what?? XD)

-----

Thanks for the encouragement everybody, I feel loved! I will definitely try really hard to make it! =D

Kajiita
01-31-2006, 05:03 AM
That makes me feel a little better, I definitely will bring my hunter and Alice, then ^^; If I come, that is. The biggest reason I'm thinking about coming is because two friends in my Ragnarok guild are from the Seattle area and it would be fun to meet them. (Fatty Chubby Kitties on Loki! what what?? XD)

omg. XD I'm on Loki too. Lapis guild. <3 them all. Was also in Dragon's Ire but quit recently for lack of time. Come harass me sometime!! I'm always in west pront! (Too lazy to level. Mwahaha.)

LadyAmaryllis
01-31-2006, 08:39 PM
omg. XD I'm on Loki too. Lapis guild. <3 them all. Was also in Dragon's Ire but quit recently for lack of time. Come harass me sometime!! I'm always in west pront! (Too lazy to level. Mwahaha.)

Lol, I don't play anymore. I quit when Fatty Chubby Kitties left the Payon Alliance, because I was so depressed about it. Payon Alliance = love. I thought about joining Unity but I just quit instead. ^^; Oops!

Are you coming to the gathering? That was the best part of the Anime Expo Ragnarok gathering...everybody yelling, "What server? What's your char? Dude what equips? LAWLOZLonceIforgotunfrozenandhighwizpwnedme." *cough* Yeah, I remember those days. Come to the gathering and it will be awesomes.

In other news I have just enough money in my bank account for a plane ticket right now...*tempted* but then I couldn't eat or drive next week..hmm.

mygirlfriday
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm a Sakray junkie. There's an RO meeting at AX? That's so cool.

Kajiita
02-01-2006, 03:29 AM
I'm still on Loki. Still decently active when I'm not working a lot. And I don't know about a gathering at AX, but if there's one at Sakura Con of course I'll be there!! XD I have a small group I was with last year and we did a BIG gathering at Anime Evolution last summer and we had a BLAST. I remember these two guys in the hall that ran up and did the "OMG RO WHAT SERVER!!!!??" thing, and when we said Loki, they went EEEEEEEEEEEEEEW SAKRAY PRDIE!!!!! and for the rest of the weekend, it was "SAKRAYYYY!!!!!" "NO, LOKI!!!!!" whenever we passed each other. XD And I really disliked PA. ^^;; Moreso, Dislike Sairai and Unity. Bad blood from LONG ago when I was still in The Blue Hearts. lol Unity+Cata = enemy. XP FCK is great though. I got friends there and some in Sasu ^^ Right now Unity is like majorly harassing my guild too, so we've made them our target in WoE /gg mwahaha! but Yes! We must do a big gathering!!

mygirlfriday
02-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Too awesome. Were you the RO people selling signs at Sakura con last year? But yeah, we've got a pretty big RO group (~10 people) and I think we'll all be in them on Friday, so we should have a big gathering! XD

P.S.: SAKRAYYYY!

Eurobeat King
02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
I bought my airline tickets this week, so now I'm 100% confirmed going to Sakuracon! :D I'll be there Thursday around noonish, and after getting my room at the Paramount hotel, I'll head over to the convention center and scope out the place. :) If anyone plans to cosplay on Thursday, I'll be taking pictures and depending on how busy it may get that pre-reg. day, I'll upload the pictures onto my gallery! ;)

See you all in less than 2 months! :skidude2:

Sasutard
02-03-2006, 05:02 AM

Gah! 48 days~! -rocks- My teachers think I'm like... out to kill them, since I have a countdown on my papers right now U_u, yes I'm a tad-obsessive about the whole 'first-con-thing' X_x

Buuuut~! Glad you can come :3

kitti-chan
02-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I bought my airline tickets this week, so now I'm 100% confirmed going to Sakuracon! :D I'll be there Thursday around noonish, and after getting my room at the Paramount hotel, I'll head over to the convention center and scope out the place. :) If anyone plans to cosplay on Thursday, I'll be taking pictures and depending on how busy it may get that pre-reg. day, I'll upload the pictures onto my gallery! ;)

Glad to hear it... see you there!!!

Kateko
02-05-2006, 10:11 PM

Oh, please bring Pokemon can-can! :D My friends and I spent ages admiring that, and it would be SO awesome to actually get the chance to *see it*!

Anyway, I'm coming - all three days! It'll be my third Sakuracon, my first time cosplaying and my first time going more than one day. :toothy: The current plan is as follows: Friday my friend and I are going as the Amakura twins from Fatal Frame 2. I'll be Mayu, she'll be Mio :D Then on Saturday we're doing a Fruits Basket group, though we think that again the two of us will be the only two who make it (I'll be Kagura, she'll be Yuki). Then on Saturday we've got our big Naruto group - I'm going to be Sakura, my brother will be Naruto, my friends will be Haku, Tenten, Hinata, and Ino, and a friend-of-a-friend wants to try and go as Shino. As of now my Ino and I are trying to convince someone in our Japanese class to go as Sasuke ^_^

Having written this, though, I'm realizing it may make more sense if we switch around our Furuba and Fatal Frame cosplays then we might be able to have a Tohru with us half of the day. Hmm. Time to call Sandra.

Chinese Ai
02-05-2006, 11:57 PM
I'll be going as Sasuke, and my sister as younger version. We're looking for a group to join. We wouldn't mind joining your group.

Eurobeat King
02-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Glad to hear it... see you there!!!

Are you bringing your Lumiere costume again? It'll be nice to take more photos!

Kateko
02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I'll be going as Sasuke, and my sister as younger version. We're looking for a group to join. We wouldn't mind joining your group.

Ah, that would be fun! ^_^ Like I said, we'll be there on Sunday.

Then we'll have all of Team 7...and I will have someone to fangirl over! (Mwa ha ha! o.O)

LadyAmaryllis
02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh, please bring Pokemon can-can! :D My friends and I spent ages admiring that, and it would be SO awesome to actually get the chance to *see it*!

Do you mean performing or just bringing the costumes?

For performing, it absolutely can't happen (sadly D=) because 1) We had a lot of cosplayers who weren't a permenant part of our cosplay group perform in that. We're thinking about doing it again at San Diego Comic Con, but we'd only have 6 people instead of 9. 2) I'm the only one from my group going, and a one-person can-can dance just isn't as exciting ;_;

If you mean bringing the costumes, I guess there is a tiny possibility that I would bring mine, but again, it just doesn't 'make as much sense when there is only one person. Everybody would be like, who are you? And I'd say.."Uh...I'm can-can Oddish!" And they'd be like "riiiiiiiight." Lol. ^^;

Thank you for your words though! I feel really special that someone who lives up near Sakuracon knows and likes the Pokemon Can Can. We had such a fun time doing it, so I'm glad some people had a fun time watching it. XD

I'm like 80% sure I'm coming to Sakuracon, at this point. I think I'm going to ask my friend Djelichan to come, which will help safety-wise and expense-wise. I'm still up for coming on my own though. And money has been better since I've stopped buying fabric...funny how that works -_-

Chinese Ai
02-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Ah, that would be fun! ^_^ Like I said, we'll be there on Sunday.

Then we'll have all of Team 7...and I will have someone to fangirl over! (Mwa ha ha! o.O)
^__^;; Also.. I'm sort of 'in a group' already.. 1 Sakura and 2 others cosplaying something else.. though we'll see what happens.

Kateko
02-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Do you mean performing or just bringing the costumes?

For performing, it absolutely can't happen (sadly D=) because 1) We had a lot of cosplayers who weren't a permenant part of our cosplay group perform in that. We're thinking about doing it again at San Diego Comic Con, but we'd only have 6 people instead of 9. 2) I'm the only one from my group going, and a one-person can-can dance just isn't as exciting ;_;

If you mean bringing the costumes, I guess there is a tiny possibility that I would bring mine, but again, it just doesn't 'make as much sense when there is only one person. Everybody would be like, who are you? And I'd say.."Uh...I'm can-can Oddish!" And they'd be like "riiiiiiiight." Lol. ^^;

Thank you for your words though! I feel really special that someone who lives up near Sakuracon knows and likes the Pokemon Can Can. We had such a fun time doing it, so I'm glad some people had a fun time watching it. XD

I'm like 80% sure I'm coming to Sakuracon, at this point. I think I'm going to ask my friend Djelichan to come, which will help safety-wise and expense-wise. I'm still up for coming on my own though. And money has been better since I've stopped buying fabric...funny how that works -_-

WE'D know who you were :D

And yes, I see what you mean about not buying fabric...I'm around begging my parents for money and my family friends for babysitting jobs to make enough money to get my wigs.

kitti-chan
02-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Are you bringing your Lumiere costume again? It'll be nice to take more photos!

Actually I am but it isnt the same one. I am remaking the whole costume... sisnt really like the blue shiney fabric, it doesnt hold up well, so I am in the process of remaking that and I have a fantastic new wig for it too! I m not sure whether I iwll be wearing my ulala or not but I have a pretty sakura kinomoto costume this year...

Eurobeat King
02-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Actually I am but it isnt the same one. I am remaking the whole costume... sisnt really like the blue shiney fabric, it doesnt hold up well, so I am in the process of remaking that and I have a fantastic new wig for it too! I m not sure whether I iwll be wearing my ulala or not but I have a pretty sakura kinomoto costume this year...

Oooh.. sounds nice that you're remaking your Lumiere. I'll besure to keep an eye out for you (or you come find me) and I'll take pics. :) As well as your Ulala and/or your CCS costume too.

kitti-chan
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
hehe no problem.....

Kajiita
02-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Too awesome. Were you the RO people selling signs at Sakura con last year? But yeah, we've got a pretty big RO group (~10 people) and I think we'll all be in them on Friday, so we should have a big gathering! XD

P.S.: SAKRAYYYY!

LoL No, we weren't. Sadly last SC I was in the room most of the day Friday and Sat. fixing pieces of the priestess outfit that got messed up. XD Our female Smith had a sign though, so did our Alchie. XD

Pssstttt..... LOKI!!!!

Probability
02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Well as odd as it is that I live no where even remotely near Seattle, it looks like SakuraCon is going to be my first Con {well, anime/cosplay con}.

It's going to fall right around the spring break for both my schools, and my best friend who got me into anime-cosplay as a way to stay in touch with him lives up there, and he's going. So I'm scrapping together the funds this week.

Hope to see you all there, although it's doubtful I'll be in costume by then.

Here is to it being a fun and memorable time (sounds like it usually is), to the consession stands not being too overpriced (like i said, i have been to some cons before), and to the Pac NW ladies being beautiful (from what i've seen here, they are ;) )

BSaphire
02-19-2006, 04:18 PM
I will definately be attending Sakura Con this year and I look forward to meeting all of you :)
I will be cosplaying a little, shooting lots of pictures, doing some AC :) DC Random Cosplay Fun Ness and checking out what Sakura Con has to offer. See you there..
Till we meet...

zansatsu
02-19-2006, 07:16 PM
i will be attending all 3 days, this is me and my friends first con ever so i hope i wont feel too crunchy Xb im going as anbu sasuke with anko and anbu naruto and im going as ac vincent the last 2 days with my girlfriend as ac tifa. im really excited and i hope to meet alot of other otaku's there, especially because my girlfriend is the only other person i know who cosplays besides me.......

Chocolatecovrd
02-22-2006, 02:36 AM
im going!! i'll also be volunteering!!

ahh im so excited! its my first con and i'l be cosplaying as urd! cyah there everyone!!

Chocolatecovrd
02-22-2006, 02:39 AM
hehe whats ro... :X

YattaDante
02-23-2006, 01:34 AM
I'll be attending again. It'll be my second Sakuracon. I'll be with my group (about 6 others) staying at the Paramount. We'll probably arrive March 23rd around 7:00pm.

My cosplays will be Dante from Devil May Cry 3 and Yatta Dante (you'll learn why, just watch the cosplay contest). XP

I hope to see a lot of there! Flag me down if you see me (will be in Dante costume with a big blue sword and red sword w/heads).

Shizuka_Isuzu
02-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Whoot! Im going to Sakura con this year too! !!
Ive got the following costumes lined up:

Tohru honda-fruits basket
kaoru-r. kenshin
ritsuka-loveless
mononoke hime
akari-Aria
byakuya-bleach

CinergyDrew
02-26-2006, 11:16 PM
hey.. im new...

anyways they will have one not this march but the next march again right? because ill be living in washington state then and i would like to go

Trumby
02-27-2006, 02:11 PM
hey.. im new...

anyways they will have one not this march but the next march again right? because ill be living in washington state then and i would like to go
Yep, every year.

AFadingDream
02-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Glad you're making it Al! The Good Captain, Matt, and I will see you there :D!

kitti-chan
02-27-2006, 04:56 PM
hmm its getting so close. yipee. (scrambles to finish three costumes) Im so excited with Yaya haan coming and Katie Bair, and they are having a gaia panel and a wig panel.. plus all the other normal things looks to be a good year... so much fun!!!! plus its closer to uwajimyas than last year so I will most defintley be spending the thursday before the con running around the international district. i love going and getting milk teas at gossip... taro flavored is my favorite!!! sorry i dont mean to be such and exclamationmark whore but im realy excited. See ya'll there!

Hitokiri Kenshin
02-27-2006, 10:46 PM
My gunarm's complete and now I just need to get the finishing touches and I'm all set.

zansatsu
03-03-2006, 03:48 AM
does anyone know if there will be free parking at the convention??? theres got to be rigth?? cause im not trying to walk 2-3 blocks in full cosplay to get to the con and back, i wasnt even going to wear full cosplay if i drove there(i was going to leave the main parts in the trunk)

Sav
03-03-2006, 05:08 AM
There has been talk on the sakuracon forums about parking i'd direct you that way. It's pretty much smack middle downtown so you wont find any freeparking really.

ssmitty
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
does anyone know if there will be free parking at the convention??? theres got to be rigth?? cause im not trying to walk 2-3 blocks in full cosplay to get to the con and back, i wasnt even going to wear full cosplay if i drove there(i was going to leave the main parts in the trunk)

Unfortunately with the exception to Sunday and a few offstreet parking spots, you will have to pay to park whether it's metered in a lot/garage. Prices can vary from $8-24/day.

Heat
03-03-2006, 11:33 PM
OMG you guys, It's almost here!

Kateko
03-06-2006, 11:41 AM
OMG you guys, It's almost here!

And I'm not ready! x_x

Heat
03-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Nither am I but OMG OMG!!! ...It's my first con :P I'm terribly excited

YattaDante
03-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Yikes, I need to get my hair cut and wax.

...What? I'll do anything to make a perfect cosplay!

LadyAmaryllis
03-10-2006, 01:47 AM
As much as I really really really wanted to go to Sakuracon, I had two major things happen in my life in the last month that make it impossible. First, I was accepted into a study abroad program, which means that I will be in London for the last four months of the year, and I REALLY need to save money for that. The exchange rate will eat my bank account.

Secondly, my computer crashed last week and I had to pay a boatload of money for repairs. That was my Sakuracon money, so it's basically impossible at this point.

I'm sorrreehhh ;____; You have no idea how much I was looking forward to going. Next year, maybe. *sniffle*

Kajiita
03-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Awww I'm sorry you won't be able to make it this year! But Congrats on getting accepted to the school in London! I bet that's gonna be an amazing experience in itself!!

And RO is Ragnarok Online, a MMORPG, its pretty fun and worth a shot XP

narutofan195
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
i got my tickets and am going for the first time this year, i'm going as edward elric. Yay! im glad im short >girl<

Heat
03-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Ahhhh!!! We have a little bit more then a week

*Stares at calender

narutofan195
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM
i got my tickets and am going as edward elric yay! ^^

Neko Nezumi
03-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Hah! After 4 years of attending I will FINALLY have all my group's costumes done before the convention! No staying up till 5 the night before this year...

I'm especially excited since I finally have two costumes of my own creation I can show a little pride in. ^_^; Though the Alice costume I made for my roommate turned out better than either of mine, but that's always the case somehow...>.>

Anyway, I can't wait!

Kumi-chan
03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point...on the one hand, I started so much earlier on the costumes this year, that there's a chance I'll actually be done on time...on the other hand, I have four halfway finished Magic Knight Rayearth costumes that need to be completed by Thursday evening, and my Kiki wants remodding I'm not sure it's going to get.

I'm afraid my Shampoo wig won't be done in time...I'm pretty sure the costume won't be completed.

I'm really afraid that I'll finish all my friends' MKR costumes on time and not complete mine...though there's really not much left to do one mine. It's just that at least one of them won't have a costume at all if I don't do hers, and she already paid me for the fabric. So theirs come first. And I'm the one who suggested the group in the first place, so I feel responsible. ("Feel" nothing, I AM responsible).

And I'm still not sure if I'll have a place to stay in Seattle...I really don't want to ask my ex-boyfriend for a ride each day. Better look up bus routes...

GAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! FIVE DAYS LEFT!!! Are you scared? Are ya? Are ya?

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-19-2006, 11:12 AM
A bit scared. The final details on my costume will be done this week. But I also got a new job so I don't know if I'll be working this weekend or not. (Hopefully not).

Kumi-chan
03-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Did you tell them ahead of time that you had an "event" you were attending?

I do that at every new job I start if it's within a few months of one of my cons...simply alert them to the fact that I will absolutely be "out of town" on this particular weekend, and definitely not to schedule me (usually from Thursday to Sunday, just to be safe.) Then I remind them a couple of weeks before the con. I don't neccesarily tell them why, unless they ask, and then I'm as brief with the details as possible. "It's an Asian culture con, I go every year," is usually enough.

If you haven't talked to them yet, though...it may be too late. Hopefully you won't be scheduled all three days, at least. Next time, let them know that this is a ticketed affair that you paid for in advance, and the tickets are non-refundable. Even if you didn't actually pre-pay, it's a good way to convince your manager.

I really wanna cry now. My friend David (Seii on the Sakura Con boards) just called last night, offering to to help me finish my sewing! He's coming over one day this week with his sewing machine to help me with the costumes. Such a lifesaver. If you see a slightly stocky Sagara Sousuke at the con, tell him he's awesome.

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Good news is they gave me a chance to come in either Friday night or Saturday and I chose Friday. So I'll be there Saturday , though I'm not so sure about Sunday yet.

Freya_desu
03-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Going for 3rd year!! :D Fweee! Can't wait! Sooo glad the 404s are here again too!

Heat
03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
I just realized I have 2 problems

1. How am I getting there

2. Nither of my parents can stay for the duration of the Con

*Vacant stare*

This is bad

Heat
03-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Scratch all that it worked out I went and it was freakin awesome!!!

Eurobeat King
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Q for those who attended: What did you think of SakuraCon this year, with it being at the new location? Was it better than at the Hilton/Marriott/Convention Center by the airport? Just trying to see how those cosplay.com members who went thought of it, and if they would return next year or not. :)

I overall enjoyed the new location and thought it was a nice change o' scenery to the con, and the convention center was spacious enough but still got kinda crowded at times. The crowds and large amounts of cosplayers prevented me from getting all the pictures I wanted to take, but I still took a lot of nice pictures. :skidude2:

kiwi
03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Q for those who attended: What did you think of SakuraCon this year, with it being at the new location? Was it better than at the Hilton/Marriott/Convention Center by the airport? Just trying to see how those cosplay.com members who went thought of it, and if they would return next year or not. :)

I overall enjoyed the new location and thought it was a nice change o' scenery to the con, and the convention center was spacious enough but still got kinda crowded at times. The crowds and large amounts of cosplayers prevented me from getting all the pictures I wanted to take, but I still took a lot of nice pictures. :skidude2:

I liked it, but it was very different than the Hilton/Marriott set up. This felt more like a Big Con whereas the SeaTac location always felt a little cozier. The big plus to the Hilton, as well, was the ability to dash back to your hotel room quickly without leaving the building. It was also nice to have the entire complex more or less to ourselves, whereas the Convention Center is a much more open, public venue with other things going on. (Plus I simply walked a few blocks from home rather than staying in the hotel, so this was a little weird.) To be honest, I kind of like the SeaTac location a little more, but I didn't dislike the Convention Center. I know Sakuracon has outgrown the Hilton, so time for bigger and better things I guess :) I'll be back next year.

Heat
03-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Well seeing as how this was my first Con, I can't make a comparison, but I really enjoyed myself! The center was big! Which gave me room to move, I'm sure I'll be back next year...and this time I'll be sure to plan everything out!

HentaiNoTenshi
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Q for those who attended: What did you think of SakuraCon this year, with it being at the new location?
I felt the same way. I really enjoyed it being at the WA Convention Center this year. So many better photo ops and much more fun things to do around the convention area! I thought it was the perfect size for the amount of attendees.

I didn't like how I had to walk outside a few blocks to get to the convention center. It made it a bit inconvenient when you're wearing a costume. (Brrr... cold! Or rain that could ruin your costume.) But I guess I'm just spoiled with the hotel being RIGHT next to the convention area the past four years. ^_^;; Also, driving around Seattle is a bit more challenging than driving around Sea-Tac. Just so much traffic and so many people. But other than that, I loved the new location and look forward to it being there again next year!

Definitely going again, of course. Already have my tickets! :angel:

kitti-chan
03-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I liked the convention center but it seemed as if it was the same smaller con in just a bigger space, i think that would be on behalf of moving the arcade macines into that giant room and only having such a small amount of them in a tiny corner of the room when so many more people were at the con. I didnt like how seattle seemed to close at 8 but that had niothing to do with the con but it kinda sucked when your in a panel till late then you want to get something other than subway or starbucks and the only places open are expensive sit down restaurants which prolly could be afforded but would rather not spend the money on it.

otherthan that my only complaint is was the distance of the hotelsand the fact that the freeway park was creepy after dark and lacked extra patrol... prolly didnt help i was paranoid from my hotel being one that was broke into.
and the concession stand kinda sucked because they didnt caryy alot of the stuff most o fthe dealers would have on hand.

but definatley the biggest thing i didnt like was how it seemed like they just moved the same size con into a larger space.

I did love the size of the dealers room and the fact that I didnt have to wait a half hour outside to get into the dealers room.and the amount of cosplayers was awesome. over all i had a blast despite feeling sick half the weekend

Kajiita
03-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I loved the space and especially the dealer's room. I was able to walk around and see everything and not get shoved all over the place! As far as the con as a whole, it was so big! I didn't even make it up to the 6th floor to see everything while I was there, and missed out on seeing some of my con buddies I was hoping to run into. I'm so much more used to the smaller hotels and things the con has grown up with. Its a nice change but will take time to get used to.

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I had such a great time. Not sure if I took any pics of or with guys here though.

Taliesin
03-28-2006, 12:20 AM
I liked the convention center but it seemed as if it was the same smaller con in just a bigger space, i think that would be on behalf of moving the arcade macines into that giant room and only having such a small amount of them in a tiny corner of the room when so many more people were at the con. I didnt like how seattle seemed to close at 8 but that had niothing to do with the con but it kinda sucked when your in a panel till late then you want to get something other than subway or starbucks and the only places open are expensive sit down restaurants which prolly could be afforded but would rather not spend the money on it.

otherthan that my only complaint is was the distance of the hotelsand the fact that the freeway park was creepy after dark and lacked extra patrol... prolly didnt help i was paranoid from my hotel being one that was broke into.
and the concession stand kinda sucked because they didnt caryy alot of the stuff most o fthe dealers would have on hand.

but definatley the biggest thing i didnt like was how it seemed like they just moved the same size con into a larger space.

I did love the size of the dealers room and the fact that I didnt have to wait a half hour outside to get into the dealers room.and the amount of cosplayers was awesome. over all i had a blast despite feeling sick half the weekend

First let me mention that this was my first Sakura con, so I really have no basis for comparison. I assume, however, that the con itself is still getting the feel of the new place, since this is the first year it was held at the convention center, which is, as they mentioned several times throughout the weekend, significantly larger than the old venue. I'm sure now that they've realized just how much space they have, they'll expand for next year and take advantage of the room better. Like how they kept asking for tickets to get into the main hall events until they realized that the room was less than half full, so they just let anyone in instead. The dealers room actually still seemed fairly crowded to me, at least around the booths themselves, so I can't even imagine what it was like before this year. I agree about the arcade machines and the restaurants, especially since I didn't bring any food the first day (I assumed there would be food available at the con, and that the vendors would be open later... big mistake).

So basically, the con just needs to grow into its new space... There was a lot of experimentation this year, I'm sure, and now there's a reference to work from for next year. Which means more stuff for us! W00t! :bigtu:

kitti-chan
03-28-2006, 12:38 AM
wow i guess i sounded really whiney oops.. i was just pointing them out but i did love the con and i did know that it was the first yera there and that they will grow into it i just thought that at least the arcade would be planned a bit better that was the only on that actually kinda dissapointed me.

zansatsu
03-28-2006, 01:20 AM
im sooo sad that its over. sakuracon 06 was the most fun ive ever had in along time! i cant wait til next year, i daydream about it all the time.

Kioko
03-28-2006, 02:10 AM
I had alot of fun even if my feet were almost swelling to the size of a large balloon due to my lack of proper foot wear in my costumes I had a great time. Met alot of nice new people and some old ones as well and had a fun time all round.^^ My friend and I will be putting up a convention report website about our con expereince later along with any pictures that we were able to take so once its done I'm sure one of us will post it. Look forward to the next con.^^

Jingster
03-28-2006, 05:52 AM
Although i like the twin hotels of the previous years more, i also understand it is time for sakura con to graduate into a bigger location. It will take a while for me to get use to it since i have always loved smaller conventions since it gives off a much more welcoming feeling :) The only complain i have is that the convention is spread out too much so most of the time i had to literally run from one place to another to either find people or get somewhere. (I can still remember on saturday when i ran from the hotel to the dealers room. people must have though i was crazy when i ran through three flight of escalators in tsunade with heels. It was not the most graceful sight.) It is also harder to locate cosplayers since there isn't one concerntrated area where they can hang out. All in all it was an interesting experience and i am hoping to return next year :) Gah, although i do wish the gaming room had as much games as last year!

Since the AA is located in the Dealers Room this year, i was not able to take as much photos as i like...but kioko and i will still make a con report site after school madness ^^

YattaDante
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I enjoyed it a lot at the new location, and I am glad they are keeping the same location for Sakuracon 2007. The only thing I'll do different is book a reservation at the Grand Hyatt early, rather than being stuck at the Paramount.

The SSBM tournament was a little cramped and unorganized, so hopefully that will be improved upon next year. The console gaming room was also pretty cramped. It wasn't necessarily the room size, but how the TVs, chairs, and tables were set up.

Other than that, this con was the bomb. It was so much better than Sakuracon last year. I can't wait for 2007. XD Hopefully Kumoricon will hold me over until then. XD

Lukas Sanvien
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
As an SAS member, I would like to let you all know that many of your concerns were brought up in Assault and Flattery on Sunday night, and the staff is in contact with the convention center staff to help better utilize the space at the center next year. However, we can't do a thing about the distance from the hotels, but as for your concern about the freeway park, Kitti-chan, I'll bring it up at the next meeting and see if we can get a Seattle Police officer in there or something. I'd like to thank you all for making it such a great con and sticking with us as we move into a new venue. The overall review was positive, and we hope to build on that as much as we possibly can for next year. So until then, get that thread and needle out, and get cracking on some amazing outfits, because we're all looking forward to seeing you again!

kiwi
03-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Re: freeway park -- it's not sketch. I live a few blocks from the con center and walk through it at night all the time. It's not a big drug dealing or homeless hangout. I've never felt uneasy or threatened around there.

And Seattle does go to bed around 8:00, but there are later-night cheaper options for food if you're willing to walk a few blocks up Capitol Hill. There are also two 24 hr grocery stores on Broadway and a few all-night fast food joints (can't beat a greasy 2 am Dick's hamburger). It's a few minutes' walk and there tend to be a fair number of people out and about even late.