PDA

View Full Version : The Dealer's Room

TribalButterfly
08-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey, I was wondering. Does anybody know where one might get information, or a sneak peek at what booths are going to be presented in the dealerís room at CNAnime this year?

Iím experiencing the incredible urge to check out some Dollfies.
Dunno if I could ever actually afford one Ė but Iíd defiantly love the opportunity to see them, check Ďem out n go crazy wanting one :) :) :)

Also, I'm curious. What booths do all of you guys wanna check out?
Or do you just stick to the lobby for the sights and picture taking???

Vicky
08-08-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't think there will be dollfie tables in the dealer room, as I've never seen one, especially at CNX. I'm thankful to see more comic book and sci-fi tables every year. But who knows.

Mage
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Also, I'm curious. What booths do all of you guys wanna check out?

Ek Trading </plug> =P

Here's a list of dealers:
http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTorontoV2/files/exhibitor.pdf

TribalButterfly
08-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanx So Much WhiteMage!

Does anyone know anything about these dolls? Are they very fragile???
I mean, yea, i'm not going to go smashing it against a brick wall of course, but i was just wondering, if i didnt want to keep it locked away in a glass cabinate, would it still be ok? Or are they extreemly delocate?

MaiSheri
08-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanx So Much WhiteMage!

Does anyone know anything about these dolls? Are they very fragile???
I mean, yea, i'm not going to go smashing it against a brick wall of course, but i was just wondering, if i didnt want to keep it locked away in a glass cabinate, would it still be ok? Or are they extreemly delocate?

Though I'm probably not really qualified to help you out very well as I don't own one, I did go to the ball-joint-doll panel at AN (moral support for one of the panelists) and I learned quite a bit. The dolls are, as a general rule, quite durable. They're made of resin, which is tough enough to handle the somewhat hardcore owners' customizations; ie. filing down a nose which is too big or creating new makeup/tatoos and using solvent to remove them. They should be taken care of, if for no other reason than the cost, but they certainly don't need to be kept behind glass ^_^ From what I've seen, they're tough enough to carry around with you every day. I'm sure other people on this board could give you better info, though.

TribalButterfly
08-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks Mellow! That's great! I didn't know you could create new makeup or tatoos on them! WOW! these dolls are sounding better n better!

The only thing i don't get is, they are sold without clothes right? So, how much are the clothes do ya think? Hmm.. it probubly depends on what clothes you get them...
No wonder they cost so much! Haha!

Well, i guess cosplayers being handy with a needle COULD really just make them clothes themselves.
Has anyone out here ever made their own clothes for a doll?

MaiSheri
08-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Apparently there's going to be a doll gethering at 12:30 on Saturday (there's a thread on it in here somewhere...) so those are the people to ask ^_^. It will be overlapping with your picnic though, unfortunately.

Vicky
08-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Look for Minako Labelle, I believe she was the moderator of that Panel ^^

Kaijugal
08-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Look for Minako Labelle, I believe she was the moderator of that Panel ^^

I belive Missie Yohko is correct. The moderator on that panel was most likely Minako Labelle. If you have more questions about Dollfies she could most likely answer them all for you.

That being said Xiola and Chobrat also know quite a bit about owning them from what I understand as they both own thier own.

TribalButterfly
08-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanx u guys! :)