PDA

View Full Version : Naruto costume idea help

Kaiyn
08-09-2005, 08:10 PM
With peopel dressing up as Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi, can anyone help me find a character from the Naruto series that i can be who hasn`t been done before? i`m trying to buy a set of headbands on eBay and i`m not sure what character i want to dress up as

StarDustShadow
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Any of the main characters (from Naruto to Gaara to the Sound ninjas) have been cosplayed at least one to a million times. The only person i can think of off the top of my head that hasn't yet are those ninjas from the god-awful Tea Country arc filler, some from the movie, and Chiyo Baa-San from the current manga chapters (I want to see someone do that!!!!)

LousyItachi
08-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I've only seen one Hokage, and if you ask me, someone really needs to tell their grandpa to buck up and do it.

Kaiyn
08-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Any other characters besides them?

sahmah
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Any of the Akatsuki members would be cool. The only problem would most likely be getting confused with Itachi, but I'm sure people can tell the difference.

LousyItachi
08-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hah, funny story actually. I went to AN 2005 as Itachi, but some people didn't know who of Akatsuki I was, because I didn't have anything distinguishable on my costume.

Kaiyn
08-10-2005, 02:02 AM
really now?

LousyItachi
08-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Yeah. This time will be different, though, since I'll have the ring and the Sharingan.

Oh, and the angsty squint-lines.

StarDustShadow
08-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Any of the Akatsuki members would be cool. The only problem would most likely be getting confused with Itachi, but I'm sure people can tell the difference.

I'm always amazed when that happens (and i too know that it does), it's not like Itachi, Kisame, Deidara, Sasori, Zetsu, or Sir Leader look ANYTHING alike XDDD

Oh! I had a brain storm earlier when pondering who hasn't been done yet and i came up with a winner :

Those 3 dudes from episode 101. They're legendary i says, LEGENDS! XP

LousyItachi
08-10-2005, 02:59 AM
Oh my god. I would make eye-contact-love with anyone who did those three.

Kaiyn
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
really? know where ic an find pics of them?

Gwydion
08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, just because I've never seen them doesn't mean they haven't been done, but I'd say Obito or Rin (that was her name.... right?), Kakashi's teammates. Perhaps the 1st or 2nd Hokages? But like I said, just because I haven't seen them, doesn't mean they haven't been done.

As others have said, you would have to be someone either really obscure or from the added eps, as most people seem to dislike those enough to not want to cosplay from them. ^_^;; At least try for one that's not cosplayed as much, I say.

(OR... it's a unique angle of an incredibly overcosplayed character that I think would go over well: Sasuke in a Barrel)

aestate
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I agree with Gwydion. Obito is pretty recognizable and fairly new... not sure about Rin though.

Kaiyn
08-10-2005, 11:50 PM
hmm...i see, i`ll probably find some character pics of everyone in the series and just choose from there

Armless Wookiee
08-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I was thinking maybe Rin or Obito

Takemaru
08-11-2005, 08:15 PM
How about Mizuki?

Kaiyn
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
not sure, i was thinking of doing Kabuto though, but i can`t find a pic of his full outfit, just only pics of his face

nicoledyria
08-24-2005, 01:18 PM
(OR... it's a unique angle of an incredibly overcosplayed character that I think would go over well: Sasuke in a Barrel)

And my group's made a gag version of that....Sasuke in a barrel...with the barrel painted to say "Konoha Fried Sasuke".

Raidei
08-24-2005, 02:16 PM
you could always be like me and do an Original

UchihaGirl
08-24-2005, 02:33 PM
They've all been done, including Rin, Obito, the 1st and 2nd. A common theme (also getting a bit over done) is Sexy no Jutsu versions of the main chars. Akatsuki versions are kinda rare but I have seen them. There is also the new curse-seal Mizuki which could be done. Or do any of the alternate outfits from the Ninja Taisen games.

Raidei
08-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I was looking up a Naruto fan page and I saw the character encyclopedia and I was wondering does anyone have a full picture of Shiba from Grass country?

Kaiyn
08-25-2005, 04:18 PM
well, sicne i DID get a Leaf headband from the con i went to recently, i could do an original character, but coming up with the outfit would be hard for me to do

Buster
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
I've seen Rin done at Otakon. She helped with our skit, but you probably didn't see her if you were watching that because she was only on stage for about 2 seconds (chasing Kakashi). I've also seen a picture of an Obito cosplay in a photo gallery once somewhere. I don't remember exactly where. Honestly, I can't think of one that I've never EVER seen done. Sorry I wasn't any help. :(

Kaiyn
08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
i`ll have to look aorund to see what costumes i can try and do

Xiola-Chan
08-26-2005, 09:26 AM
The way I look at it. Do what ever character you want. All of them have been done at one point or another. If you do one, make it the best that you can. There is nothing at all wrong with a character that has been cosplayed alot. I did naruto time jump outfit at Akon 16 and there were like 50 other Narutos there. But even so I had alot of fun with the other cosplayers. And i did find that out of costume when you see a one that has been done alot of times its easy to say "man. thats way over done" but in costume it is completely differant. Because you see the other cosplayers and you compare techniques, fabrics used. everything and it makes it fun and you can learn either ways to improve yourself or you can help others improve theirs. Have fun cosplaying.

ArsenalFierce13
08-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Depending on how obscure you want to get, dress up as someone's family member. I just saw the episode with Kiba's mom and sister in it and was thinking, "wow, wouldn't it be fun to do one of them?" And there's Shikamaru's dad (who looks an awful lot like Shikamaru) and Chouji's dad (who's pretty distinctive). Any of the adult characters (especially minor side ones) aren't as frequently done as the kids. It might be hard to find reference pics for some of them, though....

Raidei
08-26-2005, 09:25 PM
well, sicne i DID get a Leaf headband from the con i went to recently, i could do an original character, but coming up with the outfit would be hard for me to do

not that hard, think of all of your favorite charcters combine them in a proper way and add your own personal style to it. :) Not hard at all see?

SushiKai
08-26-2005, 10:36 PM
ive yet to see anyone go as the turtle yet.. >.>

personaly i agree with Xiola-Chan, when it comes down to it, cosplay is for you, not other people, if you like the charicter, cosplaying them is a sign of support and endearment towards the charicters.

so what if a hundred other people like the charicter you do?

original charicters do sound fun though.. even if they are more a personal thing..

a konoha 3 man squad of original charicters is allways more interesting than a singular though..

Kaiyn
08-27-2005, 05:33 AM
not that hard, think of all of your favorite charcters combine them in a proper way and add your own personal style to it. :) Not hard at all see?

you have a point htere, Rai. i should look through and i think i got an idea on which ones i can combine in a certain way.

Raidei
08-27-2005, 03:52 PM
C I are smeart....lol

luke Opulski
08-27-2005, 04:45 PM
LOL! im thinking of doing a original character too!

Kaiyn
08-28-2005, 08:47 PM
cool ^^;;

Mattman81
08-28-2005, 09:18 PM
:) I as well was think of a combo origanl. All the Charactures have been done, so maybe a pinch of this, a dash of that, and a sliver from an outside of anime/manga sorce. POOF!!! Origanl Naruto Cosplay. I have my sketch of him all done and know, after reading this thread, I think I should take him from 2D to LIFE.

Peace.

Kaiyn
08-28-2005, 09:41 PM
i`m thinking of looking over all the characters and then doing a mix and match on the outfit until i find a perfect setting for the costume before i make it