PDA

View Full Version : Costume Plans For GCAF 2006

Jinn-Kun
08-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Was just wondering what everyone was planning as costumes for the next years convention?

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Hitomi-Loveless
Sailor Earth
Sima Yi- DW

Squall1882
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow you guys post soooo far ahead of time.. aha.. at this point in time I'm not even sure if I can make it to the convention (a lot can happen in a year), and if I chose a costume I know I'd change my mind a million times between now and then... you definately know what you want

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 02:42 PM
^^; I know don't we. Well I promised and since there will be a Loveless Japan thingy I must go as a Loveless chara. Sima Yi and Earth are rewears, I am also thinking of doing Kadaj now too. Well...anyways..were not eh only ones o_o the GCAF peoples have everything up and running for next year already o_O;;

AkumaRaven
08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Wrath - Fullmetal Alchemist <-- 90% done already. XD
Ritsuka - Loveless <-- Not sure about this one...

Chibik3r0
08-10-2005, 07:33 PM
No idea if I'm going to make it out to GCAF next year or not... Way too far in advance and I still have Otakon and CNAnime to worry about this year. We'll see what costumes I cook up for next year's season and plan from there.

Hitomi-Loveless
Sailor Earth
Sima Yi- DW

Sailor Earth? Is that an original Sailor Moon costume or a manga only character?

Amy the Yu
08-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Sailor Earth? Is that an original Sailor Moon costume or a manga only character?Original. Mamoru (aka Darien in dub) represents the Earth and I'd really hate to see HIM in a sailor scout outfit. -_-;;

Seed-chan
08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Original. Mamoru (aka Darien in dub) represents the Earth and I'd really hate to see HIM in a sailor scout outfit. -_-;;
Aw, but that sounds awesome! *supports gag costumes a bit too much* *runs away*

It'd be an interesting trip down to GCAF. If I manage to sneak a ride down there, I'll probably wear either something Gundam Seed (coz I know I'll have abunch of costumes from that >_>) or some other quick random costume, maybe from Loveless or Death Note or something....

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Tis my original baby!

Naruto_Girl
08-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Most likely be doing seomthing to do with Naruto.... But one never knows I suppose

*laughs*

Chibik3r0
08-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Tis my original baby!

Can I see what it looks like?

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Okay.. I did have pics in my photo album where they went I have no idea, but other then that I do have new ones and as soon as I have time I'll upload them but this is what the suit looks like:
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8972/sailorearth9pm.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lady_Sodina
08-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Ha, no idea... I never know THIS far ahead ^^" If I can find someone to cosplay Zima, then I might do Dita, but that's about it... I believe I've offered to do Lust for the FMA gathering if she's needed... Might do Takiko from Genbu Kaiden... it's all depending right now ^^" I know I'm going for sure next year, already debating on doing Artist Alley ^^v

archergirl2000
08-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Hmm.... I think I'll be redoing a version of Naruto, and most definitely I'll be going as a character from Bleach, probably Matsumoto Rangiku, 10 division vice-captain aka "Cleavage girl" XD I think I'll have that costume done in time for the dec 4 anime con in toronto, hopefully lol. Eventhough by next year I'm sure Bleach cosplay will be over done ^_^;; Ah well.

chaos_magician
08-21-2005, 12:13 AM
I'll prob rewear my Kimimaro cosplay, as well as Lust from FMA with some minor needed adjustments and I'm in the process of making my Konzen costume from Saiyuki..just need to find a Goku to whack & chase after hehehe

Shadow-chan
08-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm going to be going as homura...my brother probably as goku...and i give you permition to hit him Chaos >:3

Kawaii_Omi
08-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Ritsuka -> Loveless < I have a Seimei and a Soubi :3 >
Zhang He-> DW

Draoz
09-10-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm going to be going as Shuuichi from Gravitation and my bf is prolly going to be going as Dark from DNangel.^_^ we are both guys and will do yaoi pics for all you girls :P

Lady_Sodina
09-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm going to be going as Shuuichi from Gravitation and my bf is prolly going to be going as Dark from DNangel.^_^ we are both guys and will do yaoi pics for all you girls :P
Yay Shuichi! Yay Dark! Yay yaoi poses! <3 *laughz*

Draoz
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Only problem I have right now is the coat. None of my friends can sew so its going to be a problem >.< because I don't want to walk around in just short shorts and a belly top. I have my reasons... ^_^ anyone care like helping? lol

Brita_Lee
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I have one costume planned so far, and thats Jet from Wild Arms 3! *swoons* I love that game so much! I wanted to cosplay Virginia at first, and still do, but Jet is just too awesome that I have to cosplay him!

Draoz
09-17-2005, 07:21 PM
I cant believe that I'm doing this but I'm also going to be cosplaying as Shuichi in the schoolgirl outfit... WITH the panties. Friend is making me do it so no choice ^^;;

Schubuttercup
09-21-2005, 08:14 PM
I adore that verison of Shuichi!

AkumaRaven
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Only problem I have right now is the coat. None of my friends can sew so its going to be a problem >.< because I don't want to walk around in just short shorts and a belly top. I have my reasons... ^_^ anyone care like helping? lol
Like I said to you over MSN, I'd be glad to help with the coat, you just gotta buy the materials. ^^

Draoz
09-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah I know^^;; I posted this before I asked you so *shrug* I can't wait for that costume lol

Brita_Lee
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I have added Chii to my lost of cosplays for GCAF, as well as a new Nuriko costume. ^^

AncientWanderer
10-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Hmmm...so far away!! Knowing me and the time I usually have, I might just reuse some costumes from this coming AN, which means you may see me as:

- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Blank (Final Fantasy IX)
- Aeris (yes, again, hopefully with improvements)
- Quistis (again...cuz I likes her *grins*)
- Milly (Trigun)

Minka
10-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Hmmmmm.......... what ever I come up with. I think I'll do J-Rock again 'cause being Mana at the first GCAF was miiiiiiiiiiiiint.

Brita_Lee
11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
I figure with my constant changing of plans, it'll be best to just update my sig with cosplay info ^^

AncientWanderer
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Okay, because I'm ridiculous and am always coming up with new costumes, I'm thinking of a Lucca cosplay from Crono Trigger. I like her because she's a big geek. ^_^ This one might not happen, but ya never know.

Brita_Lee
11-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Ooo! I'll have ta bring Kid and Serge with me again! Then it'll be the two Chrono games side by side! ^^

Kichy Ten
11-14-2005, 03:01 AM
If I go to GCAF this year ( I want to ;-; ) I'll probably bring my Kurosawa Sae outfit with me. Its like, my favourite costume I own right now. Hopefully by then I'll also have the following cosplays complete:

+ Calintz (Magna Carta)
+ Sango (Traveler, InuYasha)
+ Nia (Dears)

But we'll see. >> If I go, It'll be Sae's outfit packed for sure!

Nagii
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
SAE! *o*

I adore Sae, can't wait to see this cosplay.

Kichy Ten
11-14-2005, 01:30 PM
SAE! *o*

I adore Sae, can't wait to see this cosplay.

Heee...Me too! God, it took me and my friend FOREVER to get the blood splatters on the front perfect. x.x I'm pretty sure bloodying that pretty kimono Flash made for me was some form of blasphemy. ><!

If you're going to Con no Baka, I'll be wearing it then too!

Mattsuke
11-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Tenpou x3 that's all I have so far, I think..

I really want to improve and re-do Jillas Jillos Jilles though x3 (Slayers TRY for those who don't know) I've still got that cloak >>
and my Sasuke shirt died just after the convention ended ;_; I had to throw it out..
Maybe Yagami Raito/Light from Deathnote.

impure_purity
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Whee, I recognize some of the people here (I think) *nudge* MATT. Anyhow, I am hoping that I can make it to the fest this year, currently I am thinking of working on a Dita (chobits) costume, and Seras Victoria (Hellsing, heheh) not sure which. Perhaps if I can make I start now, I will have either of the two done, or both. Regardless, it'd be nice to cosplay one for Anime North, the other for GCAF....

Pompeii
01-18-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm not positive what I'll be doing, but most likely Yuuko-san form xxxHolic Volume 6 (the insert)

Link: http://www.asylum-anime.com/posterscrolls/po_xxxholic.jpg

Hopefully I can make it and not blow my wallet up X_X (Stupid contacts)

Enk
01-25-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm not positive what I'll be doing, but most likely Yuuko-san form xxxHolic Volume 6 (the insert)

Link: http://www.asylum-anime.com/posterscrolls/po_xxxholic.jpg

Hopefully I can make it and not blow my wallet up X_X (Stupid contacts)

that's funny because I almost was going to make that outfit for my Kimihiro Watanuki cosplay that I want to do for GCAF, but I really wanted a top hat ;)

Pompeii
01-26-2006, 06:46 PM
@Enk- lol That'd be sooo cool though if we did a 'group'type thingy! I was hoping my friend would do Watanuki-kun with me, but looks liek hse won;t be able to make ti to that con >w<

Brita_Lee
01-29-2006, 11:56 PM
I've added two more possible cosplays to my list. Both from Fatal Frame.

1) The Brushing (ghost)
2) Kei Amakura (with the tattoos)

non fatal frame cosplays are

3) Nuriko (Fushigi Yuugi, the last outfit he wears)
4) Suzuno (Fushigi Yuugi as well, the Byakko priestess)

Enk
02-01-2006, 01:34 AM
@Enk- lol That'd be sooo cool though if we did a 'group'type thingy! I was hoping my friend would do Watanuki-kun with me, but looks liek hse won;t be able to make ti to that con >w<

ohhh my friend is doing a Yuuko dress too... maybe we should have a CLAMP photoshoot

Schubuttercup
02-01-2006, 09:20 AM
With all these Fatal Frame cosplays, makes me want to do a Reika Kuze cosplay T_T

Kitchen
02-13-2006, 12:10 AM
My wife is going as : Nene from SW and Kana from Furuba

My three cousins are going as: Heero from GW, Athrun from GS and Jubei from GB

Brita_Lee
02-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Gack! A Kana?! A Heero?! *glomp*

Kitchen
02-13-2006, 12:35 AM
He said that he wanted to show the world where the gun came from. o.O;

Traxbaby
02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
o.o

Interesting, I've always wondered...heh. I am thinking of putting together a Sw2 outfit, I don't know which yet...but I really am thinking: Mukashi, Kojiro, Masamune or Sakon.

Brita_Lee
02-25-2006, 01:24 AM
He said that he wanted to show the world where the gun came from. o.O;

Hahaha! Yes, that one question everyone always asked themselves. Tee hee hee.

I'm getting a table at artist alley! And I also plan on entering the AMV competition. I've made a few that may be worthy... >.>

Costume progress so far...none. ^^ Not for a while yet.

IWantYouItachi
02-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I need ideas for cosplay.. x.x

Brita_Lee
03-01-2006, 12:24 AM
What kind of ideas? Hrmmm....*ponders* Its kinda hard cause I ain't sure what yer into. Maybe we'll discuss this further at MTAC?

IWantYouItachi
03-01-2006, 08:44 AM
oh yay. I'll get to see you there! ^^ Ya! We should talk there!

Lady_Sodina
03-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Man, I'm really hoping I even GO to MTAC... I just want to SEE people >< Lolz!! And I'm totally not starting on my costumes til AFTER AN... and after I ensure I have a ride there... which I'm sure I can eventually... *shrugs* Maybe just closer to the date so my dad remembers he's either driving me or I'm taking the car for the weekend, lol!! I'm still debating on all my costumes though... I'm totally doing Takiko though... need to figure out WHICH of her costumes to do!! I found a pic of what may be the summoning gown, which looks pretty cool. That and it's red, and I prefer red much more than pink and purple ^^" Lolz, so we'll see! And I may use my normal hair, I still have some black hair dye lying around so I can just dye my hair black again!! Hee hee!

Brita_Lee
03-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Yay Takiko! ^^ I can't wait to see it! You'd pull off her attitude so well!

Kitchen
03-04-2006, 02:04 AM
I just got KH2 (Jap verison) and I've changed one of my plans to being one of the characters of the Organization. I ain't saying which though.

AncientWanderer
03-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm still not exactly sure what I'll be wearing all weekend.....depends on if I can get Lucca's tunic done, and her helmet.

Maybe Lucca, Blank and Aeris? If I can't make Aeris better, though, I refuse to cosplay her....I've gotten through my bad cosplaying phase and am actually trying now lol.

Hopefully I figure all of this out by May.

Brita_Lee
03-05-2006, 01:37 AM
I'll have to wear Serge for a few hours when you go as Lucca. The Chrono series must be celebrated!

AncientWanderer
03-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Haha, okay now I NEED to get Lucca done, since I love your Serge costume and all. There's no reason it shouldn't get done, actually, now that I think about it. Chrono....things!!! WOOO!!

Brita_Lee
03-07-2006, 11:30 PM
You love my Sergey? Yay! *wiggles*

I look forward to working on Suzuno! Shes so cute!

Electric Desire
03-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm fairly certain I will be wearing Yuuko's dress from the calendar (the one with her and Clow Reed). Then again, if all goes as planned, I will be wearing it while sitting behind a table, selling pretty things. I hope.

Ashley
05-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I am planning to be Reno From FFVII. Its almost done, I'm currently making his weapon.

Momoko
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi there ^_^ I'm thinking of going to GCAF with my cosplay group (pending on funds between AX and Otakon), and we'll be going as Fushigi Yuugi ^.^ I'm gonna wear my long-overdue Suzaku no Miko, my friend Sakura is going to be Seiryuu no Miko, and our boyfriends will be Tamahome and Amiboshi!

Sakura
05-04-2006, 08:09 AM
nuuu my boyfriend is being Suboshi >F the CRAZY one who's obsessed with my character!

>_> heheh...

Lady_Sodina
05-05-2006, 01:16 AM
NICE!! Seriously, there should be another FY photoshoot at GCAF... Brita, Jenn and I tried to arrange one last year ^^" We were so totally the only three FY cosplayers... but whatever... Man, I'm so psyched that we'll have ALL the priestesses there!! I'm debating on doing a Nyan Nyan still... but I'm definately doing Takiko Okuda!!

Ashley
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Yay! Now me and my friend are also going to cosplay as Loki and Heimdall from Matantei Loki Ragnarok. ^^;;

Momoko
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
nuuu my boyfriend is being Suboshi >F the CRAZY one who's obsessed with my character!

>_> heheh...

Oops! I had a FY brain fart XD!

AncientWanderer
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Yay, more FY!!! *beams* Now we'll have a more credible photoshoot than last year lol. *three of us stand together* "We're having a photoshoot!"

I bet there were some people going, "Um...riiiiiggggght." I need to find a Tama Neko plushie at AN so I can use it for Chichiri!

Sakura
05-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Which characters do we have for FY?

Lady_Sodina
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I believe so far we have: Suzaku no Miko, Seiryuu no Miko, Tamahome, Suboshi, Suzuno Oosugi, Takiko Okuda, Hikitsu and Chichiri!!

I *think* that's all that I remember reading about!

Brita_Lee
05-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Yay, more FY!!! *beams* Now we'll have a more credible photoshoot than last year lol. *three of us stand together* "We're having a photoshoot!"

I bet there were some people going, "Um...riiiiiggggght." I need to find a Tama Neko plushie at AN so I can use it for Chichiri!

I have one you can use. And you can borrow my straw hat again. ^^

I'm da priestess o' Byakko duuuude! Chaw!

AncientWanderer
05-08-2006, 11:29 AM
I have one you can use. And you can borrow my straw hat again. ^^

I'm da priestess o' Byakko duuuude! Chaw!

Yay!! ^_^ Thankee! Saves me having to make a plushie :P That hat....sooo cumbersome but I love it lol.

Machinehead
05-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Wow, a con I can get to without any hassle (except possibly work). I got the Reno costume almost done for AN, just gotta finish the mag-rod and mod the jacket, so I'll probably re-wear that one...just cuz Reno is awesome lol.
I'm also planning a Black Mage costume from FFTactics. I gotta get planning other thing I wanna try lol.

Momoko
05-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Wow O_O;; Lots of FY goodness *_*! I anticipate many photoshoots!