PDA

View Full Version : CANADIAN CON REPORTS 2005 Jan 1st- June 31st

Kaijugal
08-10-2005, 08:15 AM
:chatah: Hey Gang !

It's Show and Tell Time !

Let's see what you cool cats did for the first half of 2005 ! :)

:jjacks: If you have a Con Report up for a Canadian Convention that happend between Jan 1st and June 31st of this year, (either here or on your blog or webpage,) and wish to share it with other Cosplayers and Cosplay Fans across the country, please post the link below. :bigtu:

Cheers! ~Kai
(re: comment below: Awsome idea Eleryth! :bigtu: )

Eleryth
08-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I request that a link to the convention homepage, should it have one, also be included. ^^

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I have con reports, but they don't fit into the catergory o_o for some odd reason, you list ends at June 31st o.o;

heki-chan
08-10-2005, 05:55 PM
I have one for Anime North 2005:
http://www.sma-cosplay.com/an2005.html

@ SimiHe: I think it ends June 31st cuz kaijugal said it was for the first half of 2005 :)

Chibik3r0
08-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Durr... I'm absolutely horrible at writing con reports because I tend to go in to ridiculous amounts of detail and talk about people and the time I spent with them... So more like my con adventures rather than a general con reports...

But I have photos! Lots of photos!

Ohayocon 2005 (http://www.ohayocon.com) - January 14 to 16th, Columbus, Ohio: http://www.dragonworldz.net/ohayocon05.html
Anime North 2005 (http://www.animenorth.com) - May 27 to 29th, Toronto, Ontario: http://www.dragonworldz.net/an05.html

I have con reports, but they don't fit into the catergory o_o for some odd reason, you list ends at June 31st o.o;

Have you been to any conventions this year? AN is local XD Your convention list also says you went to Anime Boston as well as Animazement. How were those conventions? I've never been so I'm just curious if they're worth attending ^_^

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 08:47 PM
I have gone to other then the ones Chibi mentioned, NAF, GCAF, Anime Expo o.o; Erm..they are all anime cons. o.o;;;;

Ochika
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
you were at naf? what do you look like caiuse i dont remember seeing you

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 08:53 PM
you were at naf? what do you look like caiuse i dont remember seeing you
I was with this tall guy who didn't speak much english, he kept tugging me around pointing at things. o_o I didn't think we were that hard to miss. I saw alot of naruto people though... T_T

Ochika
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
you should have some say hi or something

Chibik3r0
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM
I have gone to other then the ones Chibi mentioned, NAF, GCAF, Anime Expo o.o; Erm..they are all anime cons. o.o;;;;

Wow you go to a lot of conventions and even the really far ones away! What were Anime Boston and Animazement like this year? And were you at Anime North too as well as NAF this year too? You should try to meet up with us cosplay.com'ers ^_^

So this year alone you've been to Anime Boston, Anime North, Animazement, Anime Expo, NAF, and GCAF? That's so many. I'm jealous!

SimiHe
08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Wow you go to a lot of conventions and even the really far ones away! What were Anime Boston and Animazement like this year? And were you at Anime North too as well as NAF this year too? You should try to meet up with us cosplay.com'ers ^_^

So this year alone you've been to Anime Boston, Anime North, Animazement, Anime Expo, NAF, and GCAF? That's so many. I'm jealous!

Well it is alot! I had to work really hard, try really hard not to buy anything all year, and finally I have a car and a licence! So that was the biggest advange yet the hardest even. Anime Boston was nothing like An I do admit. Maybe because I knew no one ^^; But Animazement was killer, I had so much fun. Anime Expo...you haven't been to every con inless you've been there. I didn't like the fact that every where you went a sponsor was shoved in your face...They raised alot of money for charity which was excellent! NAF that was my second time and I had a good time, I didn't get lost this time and I wanted to hang everyone, I was kinda at a lack with my cousin around me, because he KNEW NOTHING...so..well you know tourists. GCAF I met alot of cosplay.comers, plus I met new friends. I don't know if I'll will be going to alot this year coming, but I have my list for sure cons: AN, Animazement, NAF and GCAF. Wootness.

PLus...I didn't buy a thing in any of those con's dealers rooms...^^; I'm such a bugger

Ochika
08-10-2005, 10:59 PM
wow you went to AN and Animazement in the same weekend..how'd you manage that one?

Squall1882
08-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Well it is alot! I had to work really hard, try really hard not to buy anything all year, and finally I have a car and a licence! So that was the biggest advange yet the hardest even. Anime Boston was nothing like An I do admit. Maybe because I knew no one ^^; But Animazement was killer, I had so much fun. Anime Expo...you haven't been to every con inless you've been there. I didn't like the fact that every where you went a sponsor was shoved in your face...They raised alot of money for charity which was excellent! NAF that was my second time and I had a good time, I didn't get lost this time and I wanted to hang everyone, I was kinda at a lack with my cousin around me, because he KNEW NOTHING...so..well you know tourists. GCAF I met alot of cosplay.comers, plus I met new friends. I don't know if I'll will be going to alot this year coming, but I have my list for sure cons: AN, Animazement, NAF and GCAF. Wootness.

PLus...I didn't buy a thing in any of those con's dealers rooms...^^; I'm such a bugger

... This is a con report thread, aaahahahah.. I read this whole post and it doesn't say anything related to any of the cons mentioned other than general comments that could be used to decribe anything... give us some details so maybe we might attend some of these cons next year.. what were some of the events & people you met at these cons, what do you look forward to seeing in the cons again next year. or what are their key selling points in your eyes?? What makes each of these cons different from each other?? I'm sooo envious you got to go to sooo many!! AHahahahah.. fill us in!!

Kaijugal
08-11-2005, 08:48 AM

At the end of the year I'm going to post another Thread for July 1st to December 31st. :) Then we can post the whole second half of the convention year. ^_^ I'll remember you said you had a report when it goes up. ^_^

We need cosplay.com namebadges or something. Of course it's harder to find people too when there is no picture of them in thier profile or gallery.

Wow that's impressive. That beats my year this year which was only, Concept, Ad Astra, Anime North, G-FEST, Toronto Trek, NAF, and eventually CNA obviously.

I would have attended Pandemonium but I started my new job that weekend, and I didn't end up going to Worldcon in Scotland because my friends had to drop out due to buisness reasons and we were supposed to be staying with thier family in Scotland.. Bummer.

I never post con reports myself because it's always hoping from con to con too fast. ^_^"

Cheers!

TribalButterfly
08-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm sorry, i might be a compleete ignorant here, but what's a con report???
Is it basically just an article about the con??
Can it be about anything at the con?
Can anyone write one???

:)

SimiHe
08-11-2005, 04:34 PM
wow you went to AN and Animazement in the same weekend..how'd you manage that one?
It is called time mangement. I went to An for Saturday only and Animazement for sunday. I had a cosplay pinic on firday o.o;

Yeah...okKaji ^^

Kia
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry, i might be a compleete ignorant here, but what's a con report???
Is it basically just an article about the con??
Can it be about anything at the con?
Can anyone write one???

:)It's you, writing about your con experience. It can be detailed, like a story, or simple and in point form. It's all about how much you want to write. ^_^

TribalButterfly
08-14-2005, 04:01 PM
It's you, writing about your con experience. It can be detailed, like a story, or simple and in point form. It's all about how much you want to write. ^_^

OO! neet! Thanx!
Maybe I'll write one for CNAnime! :) Just for fun if for no other reason :)