PDA

View Full Version : Should I go? 1st time

Gates-of-Time
01-25-2003, 08:30 PM
I have been thinking of going, since it is close to my in-laws and I can drop off the babies. But I do not know anyone going. It sucks to go to a con alone. But no one else from my Performance Troupe (http://www.gates-of-time.com/index1.htm) will be going, due to the show we are putting on at Anime Iowa...
so here is my question?
Should I go, not knowing anyone? Would it be worth it? I have read what fun it is.. but that is when you go with friends. Has anyone else gone solo?

*hugs*

Andrea

Celine
01-25-2003, 08:42 PM
I would say yes, as long as you want to meet people and are comfortable in situations where you don't know everyone to begin with. ^_^ One of the best cons I ever went to was AX01, and I knew not a single person there. I love going to cons to meet people... sure, it's nice to be with friends, but it's also cool to make new ones.

Gates-of-Time
01-25-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Celine
I would say yes, as long as you want to meet people and are comfortable in situations where you don't know everyone to begin with. ^_^ One of the best cons I ever went to was AX01, and I knew not a single person there. I love going to cons to meet people... sure, it's nice to be with friends, but it's also cool to make new ones.
Cool!
I went to AX01. It was my 2nd con. After going to NDK with my 3 year old daughter, then AX01 knowing no one, I was overwhelmed. SO, as much as I get along well with everyone, and I always enjoy meeting new people, I am also a little apprehensive about going alone.
But I think it will be an adventure!

*hugs*
Andrea

Celine
01-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Aw, you should try not to be too apprehensive. Great things can happen when you get to meet a whole group of interesting new people for the first time. ^_^ And... there will be the cosplay.com photoshoot at some point, of course- so you can always meet up with fellow cosplayers and board members there. Everyone I've met from the board has been very friendly!

Gates-of-Time
01-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Yes, everyone I have encountered here has been very nice. I am checking out the site for A-kon right now!

I think I just might go!... gotta find some one to share some space with, the hotel there is expensive when going alone.. lol

*hugs*

Andrea

Michi
01-30-2003, 01:55 AM
I love A-kon. ^^ I went there knowing only really a handful of people, and knew I'd be meeting some online friends... and I had a great time. :D I can't wait to go again this year~ Go for it!!

TR5368
02-03-2003, 12:55 AM
This will be my first Con solo also...heck this will be my first Con ever..hehe ^o^

kodiak33
02-06-2003, 03:11 PM
I would definately go if I was you. Last year was my first time at A-Kon and I had a total blast. I only went for one day last year (Saturday) and this year I have decided to go all three days. As long as you can be social with those around you and you are not intimidated by crowds you will enjoy yourself. Everyone there last year was so nice and I was dressed like a Storm Trooper!!! I did get a few jibes here and there about being at the wrong con, but overall everyone was very accepting! Cya there!

TR5368
02-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey Lance! Welcome to the boards ^0^