PDA

View Full Version : getting to PMX?

xmissxhellx
08-10-2005, 10:00 PM
hey guys, i was just wondering if there was some sort of bus or somethin that goes to PMX? or goes anywhere in long beach near PMX?

my parents are being stingy about taking me and my friends mom will only take us if she feels like it... *sniff*

Shun
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
hey guys, i was just wondering if there was some sort of bus or somethin that goes to PMX? or goes anywhere in long beach near PMX?

my parents are being stingy about taking me and my friends mom will only take us if she feels like it... *sniff*

Im coming in from lax but i dont think thatll help you much as you already..well...LIVE in california. Id check whatever bus system you have out there and figure out how to work that out.

Jrock_lover
08-11-2005, 02:18 AM
you can try taking the metro

http://mta.net/riding_metro/default.htm

shogun
08-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Where are you coming from?

Mike

xmissxhellx
08-11-2005, 12:07 PM
im coming from oceanside... >_<

shogun
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I think they have a line that goes from Oceanside to downtown where you could transfer and go directly down to Long Beach.

Mike

xmissxhellx
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
really? wow! thanks so much!! i do know that i could take the coaster to downtown, but from there im lost! X_X ill try lookin it up a bit more! thanks again! ^-^

Evil Bishounen
08-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Wow, huzzah for this thread. o.o I'm coming from Oceanside too. *was also worried about transportation*

dst
08-11-2005, 10:34 PM
This seems like an appropriate place to post thisÖ If not, tell me and i'll move it.

Iím going to PMX on the 2nd around 7:30pm, staying at a friends place, and then leaving later on the 5th. If anybody needs a ride from the area around San Dimas (NW San Bernardino/ NE LA), I may be able to help.

Freight
08-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I've taken the Blue Line train. It literally drops you off one light from the LBCC. It's pretty easy. Just have your stuff in easy to carry bags and it's all butter.

Mikei
08-13-2005, 08:55 PM
The Metrolink Orange County Line goes from Oceanside to LA Union.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com

EroiHotCake
08-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Going on the Gold Line, transferring to the Red Line, and then the Blue Line, and then some bus or something if the station is still far away. o_@ Or I can get my mom to skip the Gold Line. :D~
Aw I'm going alone. D: What an adventure! :3''

xmissxhellx
08-16-2005, 09:14 PM
man... chances are that im not going to be able to get there!! WAAAH! *cries*

though i will NOT stop trying to get there!! not til the very last day of the con will i give up! haha!! ^-^

Jian
08-18-2005, 08:46 AM
hi...i know i don't post much... but yeah.....i'm planning to go to pmx, becuz my lil sis will kill me in my sleep if i didn't....j/k....anyways i'm coming up from la jolla, so if you need a right i can probably swing by or something.....also, i mapquested some stuff, and it turns out the amtrak station is less than a mile away from the convention center

map (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&2si=navt&un=m&2gi=0&cl=EN&ct=NA&2n=LOS+ANGELES+COUNTY&2da=-1.000000&2rc=L1AAA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=601+LONG+BEACH+BLVD&1c=LONG+BEACH&1s=CA&1z=90802-1323&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=300+E+OCEAN+BLVD&2c=LONG+BEACH&2s=CA&2z=90802-4825)

hope that helps ^^

Super No 1
08-18-2005, 10:33 PM
That's a pretty helpful map, but I'll add a few more things. The hotels and the part of the convention center that PMX will be using are along Pine Ave. The Renaissance Hotel is at Pine Ave. and Ocean Ave. The Hyatt is at Pine Ave. and Shoreline Dr. The entrance to the convention center faces Pine Ave. So, plan on walking just a little bit further because that map stops a little short.

Also, it's not an Amtrak station. It's simply a bus stop for the Amtrak connector buses. It's not a staffed station where you can get a lot of service. It's actually a Denny's restaurant. That is where all the cheap fast food is--Taco Bell, McDonald's, Carl's Jr., El Pollo Loco. In Long Beach Plaza, you can get some Panda Express or Hometown Buffet. Yum.

Amtrak might be a pretty good way to get there since most of the Metrolink lines don't run on weekends or on Labor Day.

Jian
08-19-2005, 02:41 AM
not that i would need to ride the train, but for everyone else who want to seek glory and adventure and embark on public transportation, where does the actual train stop? is it the other long beach station?

Super No 1
08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
The Amtrak train station for Los Angeles is Union Station, which is in downtown LA. If you've bought a ticket to Long Beach, you have to transfer from the train to a bus which takes you down there. If you only get a ticket to Los Angeles, you can take a combination of the Red Line and Blue Line light rail, which will take you about a block from the Renaissance Hotel.

Mikei
08-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Blue line does run on weekends and Labor day. I dont know about metrolink though.

http://mta.net/images/801.pdf

That should help you missxhell. Thats the schedule for Blue line from LA to LB.

Evil Bishounen
08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Blue line does run on weekends and Labor day. I dont know about metrolink though.

http://mta.net/images/801.pdf

That should help you missxhell. Thats the schedule for Blue line from LA to LB.

Metrolink's Orange County line (which runs between Oceanside and LA) normally only runs on weekdays. However, they're currently on a summer schedule that DOES include Saturday and Sunday. Weekend fares are 25% cheaper than weekday fares.

MoofyMoof
08-21-2005, 10:44 PM
anyone live in norcal going to pmx?

shogun
08-21-2005, 11:32 PM
From what I see in the memberships, there seems to be a few dozen who pre-reged for PMX from the San Jose area.

Mike

MoofyMoof
08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
mike........ do u knoe anyone who is willing to take little ol' me to pmx?

YamiMegumi
08-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Anyone from Thousand Oaks to LB tell meh, Cuz My friends we can fit like 2 more people in the back

Chizome
08-29-2005, 06:38 PM
I live in reseda, YamiMegumi ^_^ Could I maybe hitch a ride?

YoureMyHiro
08-31-2005, 01:34 AM
mike........ do u knoe anyone who is willing to take little ol' me to pmx?
I might be able to help depending on my situation tomorrow if you could throw down for some gas. I have to finalize a few things with my crew. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM or Email for further dicussion/details. Im from San Jose. :wave:

Mikei
08-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Yami: I might need a ride out from Northridge(SFV). Keyword is might, my ride is being really iffy on me. If I could hitch a ride it would be fabulous. [:

Jess the Kitty
09-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Hahhh, yeah. I'm coming from Oceanside, too.
If there's any sort of carpool I could cling on to for $25, I would be indefinitely grateful. Send me an email or a pm, please. It's probably too late, but you never know!

otherwise, I'm gonna try the train and probably get lost. hoorah! <3

Mikei
09-02-2005, 10:39 AM
I took the train this morning. It really wasnt hard at all. When you get to LA union. Go the main place, there should be a sign that says Metrorail Red(subway), go down stairs and jump on either one. Take the REDline to 7th/metro. I beleive it's the 3rd or 4th stop. Get off there, buy a ticket for 1.25, go up stairs, jump on the BLUEline and booyah! takes you right to the convetion center/transit mall. It was really easy. But now I have to wait in the Rennesance Lobby until my room is ready.