PDA

View Full Version : Onna Con??? What?? Explain to me please...

xfallin2piecesx
08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm really confused about this convention. At first I read that it was supposed to be this whole women's anime convention. I'm really confused. Please explain this to me. Has anything changed? Or have they kind of made it like every other con?

Thanks. ^_^

Caili
08-28-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm really confused about this convention. At first I read that it was supposed to be this whole women's anime convention. I'm really confused. Please explain this to me. Has anything changed? Or have they kind of made it like every other con?

Thanks. ^_^

I thought it had a focus on women as well. It's at
http://www.onnafest.com/live/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=106

Onna!, a new convention celebrating women's roles in anime and manga, takes place October 8-10, 2005. Although Onna! is open to all ages, our convention's focus is on women's contributions to Japanese and Western cartooons and comics. So for vendors seeking to reach the women's market, our program book is an ideal place to advertise!

So I'm not sure what to expect there. >^.^<

TinKitty
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
It's a union of Shoujocon and Yuricon, per se. So if you've been to either, it'll be a little bit of both! :D

xfallin2piecesx
08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
It's a union of Shoujocon and Yuricon, per se. So if you've been to either, it'll be a little bit of both! :D

I have never been to either... O_O Have you?

Caili
09-01-2005, 09:14 AM

Never been either... what are they like? ^^

xfallin2piecesx
09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Never been either... what are they like? ^^

Yeah, that's my question. HaHa.

*off topic* Who is your user picture of?

KaineMaxwell
09-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that's my question. HaHa.

What the heck is yours?!

Dewy
09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
What? o.O Whats confusing? It's Onnacon, like stated they focus on women's/girls anime, that's all thats different, though its really smaller than the average con.

xfallin2piecesx
09-01-2005, 11:56 PM
What the heck is yours?!

It's from Chobits. It just has to do with robot like humans and one in particular. It's all really hard to explain. You would have to read the manga. The main character pretty much opens a file (my icon) and finds out that his persecom (the robot) has a twin and that's her.

Your icon made me smile and laugh. I likey...alot. hahaha.

xfallin2piecesx
09-01-2005, 11:56 PM
What? o.O Whats confusing? It's Onnacon, like stated they focus on women's/girls anime, that's all thats different, though its really smaller than the average con.

It just seems that they dropped the whole woman part. It's not just a con. That's why I was confused.

marsie
09-02-2005, 11:18 AM
No....we haven't.

It is called Onna! for a reason. Onna is japanese for woman.

All you need to know is right here:
Onna!, a new convention celebrating women's roles in anime and manga, takes place October 8-10, 2005. Although Onna! is open to all ages, our convention's focus is on women's contributions to Japanese and Western cartooons and comics.

I don't see how this is confusing at all. It is a combo of YuriConLLC and ShoujoCon LLC. It is a convention focused on Women and Girls and their roles in Anime, Manga, Video Games.

Come on people this isn't rocket science. Where did you see ANYWHERE that the focus on woman has been dropped.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Erica/Paulette(con co-chairs)

Caili
09-02-2005, 12:21 PM

It's a 3d pic I did, an anime girl standing by a grave holding a teddy bear.

xfallin2piecesx
09-04-2005, 12:31 AM
No....we haven't.

It is called Onna! for a reason. Onna is japanese for woman.

All you need to know is right here:
Onna!, a new convention celebrating women's roles in anime and manga, takes place October 8-10, 2005. Although Onna! is open to all ages, our convention's focus is on women's contributions to Japanese and Western cartooons and comics.

I don't see how this is confusing at all. It is a combo of YuriConLLC and ShoujoCon LLC. It is a convention focused on Women and Girls and their roles in Anime, Manga, Video Games.

Come on people this isn't rocket science. Where did you see ANYWHERE that the focus on woman has been dropped.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Erica/Paulette(con co-chairs)

I never said that it was dropped. It just didn't seem like it was so emphasized on women anymore. That's all. But thank you. ^_^

xfallin2piecesx
09-04-2005, 12:33 AM
It's a 3d pic I did, an anime girl standing by a grave holding a teddy bear.

That's so awesome. I lover it. HaHa.

Caili
09-06-2005, 09:43 AM
That's so awesome. I lover it. HaHa.

Thanks. ^^ You can see the whole pic here-
http://www.calypso-dreams.com/sigs/sadanime.jpg

PinSakura
09-18-2005, 08:56 AM
So.. Is this con focused on Yuri?

Or some of it is Yuri..

Cause I don't really wana go anymore if it's 100% Yuri..

PinSakura
09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks. And yes I did read it. almost all of the first page actually (i'm very proud of myself ^_^)

But I keep having this feeling that it's common sense that it's yuri and I'd be the only one unsure. So I though, "Why not ask!" then my concience went "GREAT IDEA!!!"

=D