PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going crazy?

Kinsako
08-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, this is probably a silly topic, and I'm porbably just wasting forum space, but I'm just wondering, how far along is everyone on their costumes? I was kind of panicing before because I couldn't find a few things I needed for mine, but I'm actually rather excited now, because I was able to order everything I need off ebay. Anyone eles panicing yet? It's three weeks from tomarrow, and I still have to redo my boots, my gloves, my paws, my belt, my collar and my mask on my nine tailed fox costume, and not to mention I have to make my boyfriend's hayate costume.

Well, that was a fun waste of forum space! I hope I'm not annoying anyone! Anyway, reply and share your thoughs and frustrations! :dance:

trixyloupwolf
08-11-2005, 09:04 PM
ya me i have to find my shoes......hard thing....to find..........

i have redone my apron thing now its better.........................
just need a little fiing dough........

i have put a lots of work in it.....and its still not ready enough for me
my mom said iam too crazy.....about my costume even for halloween......
well i got to said i love to costume....^-^..so wen i got a chance i do my really best....^-^....

you are not alone

jade_dincht
08-11-2005, 09:30 PM
i'm going crazy because my silly wig is coming along slower then i'd like it to, i should have started it sooner......!

TribalButterfly
08-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm going crazy because i am BORED!!!
I finished all of my costumes months ago! (I couldnt wait!!!)
I even ended up making 6 costumes, just because i kept getting bored waiting for the con to come! (It is SO not coming fast enough!!!)
Right now i'm filling up my time by helping my friend to make his Scar costume, Playing .hack// and ugh, occasionally going into work :p Haha!

Come on Con! Hurry up n get here already!!!!

trixyloupwolf
08-11-2005, 10:16 PM
you funny TribalButterfly

can wait to see ya at the picnic lol...^-^...

kels
08-12-2005, 02:50 AM
blah.. im pretty behind.. but thats because i cant work on the costumes because i need certain stuff so that i can move on.. -___-;. and it doesnt help that the one thing i CAN work on, is something that i still dont feel like touching *dies*

lainey
08-12-2005, 06:47 AM
i've BARELY started my costume O_O I've finished my friends' costumes...but I've BARELY touched mine >_< >_< I have exams next week too...so I will probably have to finish the majority of it in one week O_O O_O (this is THE worst procrastination...ever!)

AncientWanderer
08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
There were a whole bunch of alterations I wanted to make to my costumes, but I just haven't had the time. Plus, I'm cursing myself by wanting to throw together ANOTHER costume in 2 weeks. I'm not expecting it to be much, mind you, but the fact that I'm even planning on doing this is disgusting. Everybody get prepared to see the crappiest Red XIII of your lives (which usually happens when one lacks red body paint) :D

Vicky
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm only fixing up my costume from Anime North (you know, all those little things you didn't have time to do before), so I'm not really stressing out. Although the wig has become a huge pain in my side. I didn't originally style it, so I was pretty limited. I managed but... it could fall apart, which I'm obviously worried about. I probably won't wear it for very long.

I still have to "stick" the wig (ie. hairspray the hell out of it), finish & attach my new bell, find a way to attach my new cat ears, and shorten the skirt a bit.

Ferrari
08-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Bah, everyone will look good so no one worry.. Ive still got to wait for my Hakama to come in since I nearly combusted at the thought of trying to make them.
As well as the hair cut.. Im so going to miss my hair after this...Anywho, Its almost time!!

white-cross
08-12-2005, 09:56 AM
meh...my costumes are done but i'm having a ton of trouble with the props. i have no idea how the hell i'm gonna do this bag and how to get the scroll over to cna...so little time, so much to do *sigh*

hikarilight
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Well, con time is also the time where everyone is scrambling to finish their costumes and well, I'm one of them ==;; I need more fabric to fix and actually start on two of my costumes. The one that is almost done can't be unless I iron the stupid pleats (today :3)

Let's all hope we don't have a melt down before CNA comes rolling around...

mokulen22
08-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I have my fabric peices cut out for sewing...bout it. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!!?? *jokin* I'll finish it or cry... :lost:

Update: just have to sew on arms and hem everythin then the black part iwill be done! HURRAY! I'm goin to actually finish this!

cold kittn
08-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Even though this con I'm going to is in Oct I'm slightly freaking out. I'm working on a Chun Li costume for Reactor and I can't find the right boots I need and these sleeves are killing me.

Ayame0
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm horribly scared I'm not going to finish it. But after I screwed up my shirt, I lost all will to go on sewing. -_- BLAH *angst* Gotta finish gotta finish...I'll stay up until 5a.m. everyday working if I thats what I have to do :@

Lady_Sodina
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Mine's coming along decently, finally have the wig in, the shoes, socks, skirt and part of the shirt is done, half of the big bag is done, so I need to go out and get more supplies first but other than that, I've got a good amount of this done so far, quite pleased with myself, actually!

Kikoro
08-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Mine is finished, i just need to fix my wig and necklace...stupid thing broke at AN. Ill be Dante from FMA, i cant wait for that photoshoot, i have friends going as Scar and Greed. ^_^ Im also helping my friend with her Yoruichi costume..shes whoring out my painting skills for it. :P

kuko-chan
08-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh hell yea, I haven't even started my dad's jacket yet! I haven't even measured him! Up until last Sunday, I hadn't even bought fabric! >.<

MaiSheri
08-12-2005, 11:20 PM
The roadblock that I have run into is that I don't know how to finish my wings so that they actually look like they should - ie I don't just want to run a bunch of maribou fluff across the tops. *sigh* Other than that, the rest of my costume is just altering second hand clothing.

Kohana
08-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Mine is finished, i just need to fix my wig and necklace...stupid thing broke at AN. Ill be Dante from FMA, i cant wait for that photoshoot, i have friends going as Scar and Greed. ^_^ Im also helping my friend with her Yoruichi costume..shes whoring out my painting skills for it. :P

Ya! I'm whoring out your painting skills...whatcha gonna do about it! LOL... ya I'm also done everything but my lazyness is getting the better of me...and my Asuka is taking longer then expected....hopefully it will all get done on time...

Seed-chan
08-13-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm only going crazy because I need to finish my costumeS by this thursday, since I'm volunteering at the CNE from Aug 19 til when it ends... and all i have off are the 5 days around CNA (3 CNA days, and the day before and after). Luckily I'm borrowing one costume for Friday, but I still have two more to go >_>;

Making good progress though :D (Both are approx. half done)

heki-chan
08-13-2005, 03:02 AM
my plans totally fell apart for CN, so I could careless at this point (okay, i lie, i care, A LOT. haha! <3 kels & hikari)

i have my RO outfit almost done, cept for the stupid corset top.

didn't start my boyfriend's RO yet. But o well.

my sister is retarded and is planning 3 big costumes. *blinks* and i've been assigned to armour and hair. >o<

but yeah...no worries really, i can always just re-wear garnet if I really can't pull things outta my bum in 2 days before CN O_O;

Kia
08-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Honestly, yes, I'm completely freaking out right now, because I have EVERYTHING left to do on both my costumes. For some people that might be okay, but I'm really really slow when I work on things, so I know I'm pretty much doomed right now. That, and I'm fairly sick right now, so I have no energy to work on anything, and then I'm leaving town for a week. Dooooooooomed I tell you .... =/

rox_my_sox
08-13-2005, 11:17 AM
I should have all of my costumes done this weekend so I'm not freaking. I'm more freaking about working on my masq skit. All I have left to make right now are arm bands, shoes and a tie and I think I'm done ^^

good luck! to all those whom are freaking lol

Chosuke
08-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Kinda.
I'm doing commissions as well, I'm more worried about those being perfect.
I'm pretty much past the phase of horribly freaking out, and have resigned myself to the fate of working my ass of all this week to get it all done at once.
Hopefully no last minute scrambling.

Edtel
08-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I admit I haven't even looked at my costume in a month. I don't know where the shoes are, and I still have 2/3 of the trim to paint on. And I have to find a way to cover up a fabric paint stain. But I don't find myself stressed, amazingly. Ask me again in a week and a half. ^_^

TribalButterfly
08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I admit I haven't even looked at my costume in a month. I don't know where the shoes are, and I still have 2/3 of the trim to paint on. And I have to find a way to cover up a fabric paint stain. But I don't find myself stressed, amazingly. Ask me again in a week and a half. ^_^

Have you tried nailpolish remover??? I made a mess with the paint on my Fairy wings, and the nailpolish remover cleared it right up!

...i did get a lil lazy though, so haha, i dunno, my wings might still look a LIL crappy! Hahah!

kels
08-14-2005, 11:24 PM
even tho my fri and sat costumes are like.. both 90% done.. i dont want to do them anymore.. LOL!! AHHAHAHHAA.. *dies*

so instead i started two new ones today.. ^_^;

Natty Dread
08-15-2005, 02:42 AM
im all set, just need to figure out a way of transporting my wig so that it wont tangle

TribalButterfly
08-15-2005, 06:52 AM
If you comb it out nicely, and then twirrel it carefully, you can roll it into a circle, wrap a hairnet around it, and put it in a little box that will hold it tightly, so that it can not move, and thusly, not tangle.

That's how my 60" wig for my lust wig arrived in the mail, and that's exactly how i'm going to transport mine to the con.
Works like a charm for me.

Also, bring your Wig brush, and some hair detangling spray with you. You might get it to the con nice and untangled, but if your wig is long like mime, chances are it's gunna tangle while you're wearing it! :)

Edtel
08-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Have you tried nailpolish remover??? I made a mess with the paint on my Fairy wings, and the nailpolish remover cleared it right up!

I've tried rubbing alcohol, camp fuel and turpentine. But I didn't think of nail polish remover. I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: Sorry, no luck with that, either. I guess I'm just stuck with it.

rox_my_sox
08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Usually with wigs I do the same and twist them and put them in a hair net and pack them. Now I'm kind of freaking because I just realized that I'm going to have problems transporting my wings O_O There really really big and I'll be bringing them for CN and there 40inches tall and 83inches wide -_-;; I'm gonig to have a really big problem transporting them 2 hours to get to CN.......I hope they fit in my mini-van hehe. There not bendable at all so I have to keep them straight for the whole ride....wish me luck! lol

ChaoticMiracle
08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi all,

I've gone crazy because I'm still not done one of my costumes and I haven't even started the other one!! But I also have a report that I have to write which is due a bit earlier than usual cuz I'm leaving for Japan before my classes start in Septemeber! The last few weeks of summer are going to be hectic for me...and I'll probably get killed when my university starts again...haha :waaaah:

It's hard to be a university student and a cosplayer at the same time, especially during summer...

TribalButterfly
08-17-2005, 03:05 PM
I almost started going crazy today :)

I've been working on a Scar coat for my friend, and you wouldn't believe how much work it actually turned out to be! I didn't flip my lid or anything, but it definatly is taking a lot longer, and is trickier than i had first expected it to be! :)
Then again, it is partly taking so long, and WAS a bit trickier, because i had to design the pattern myself first! haha! All in all though, i think it's turning out pretty good! :p

kuko-chan
08-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Ah, I'm not so stressed anymore! I finally got some fabric, I did the measurements, cut out the pieces, pinned them together, and I'm waiting for my dad for a proper fitting before I start sewing things together. We still having figured out what we're going to do about pants, but there's plenty of thrift stores around. My Rommie costume is still missing the yellow stripes, but it should only be a few dollars to get more.

Ayame0
08-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm going absolutely crazy. I spent about 100 hours so far T_T. 10, today. Still working hard~ Hopefully I have it completed.

Scoti
08-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Work is driving me crazy so lately I've lost the motivation to sew. I'm not too worried yet because I have 95% of what I need to finish both outfits.I just need to get off my lazy a$$...looking at my calendar normally gets my enthusiasm up.

neko rinchan
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Nope, no crazies for me. Since I'm going to Otakon *this* weekend, and just rewearing at CNA next weekend, everything for CNA will be finished, all it will need will be a good airing out...

Shira
08-18-2005, 11:46 PM
I am going crazy about how to do my hair man If I straighten it, which I need to do, it's going to get puffy and I will look like Soubi with an afro -___- so sad and I have to get the blond hair spray stuff ARGGHHHH!!!! たすけてかださい!!!!T__T

Tigerzeyes
08-19-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm nearly done my Seifer costume. Just need to add crosses to coat sleeves and add horizontal stripe to shirt. Not to mention Hyperion painting, but it ain't too much :D My buddy Steph on the other hand, hasn't even started her costume yet... She's got all the fabric and stuff, and her weapon's done (because I made it XD) but not a thing sown so far. I wish could help her, but I suck so much XD. I had loads of help with my costume, so I was uberly lucky... :)

fox.boy
08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Going crazy? I've gone crazy! ... ala past tense...via been there done that....visa-vi.....123456 SWITCH!!!!

!!!!HCTIWS...iv-asiv...taht enod ereht aiv...esnet tsap ala ... !yzarc enog ev'I ?yzarc gnioG

_jedi
06-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I just went crazy.
REALLY CRAZY.
It's like 11 and we've (meaning me and Latrios) have been working on our costumes for hours. Uhm. Yeah. I'm gonna kill Axel for having such a freaking stupid costume with really tight sleeves. You just create problems, man....
So we freaked and started laughing hysterically.... and playing super smash bros. I need a capuccino....
or summin.
can't spell...
axel must die...
wait, i'm already deads.... bvghybghtgygthybgtbfy

saiyan689
06-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Lol, mellow out man. xD

AncientWanderer
06-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Holy resurrection, Batman!! @_@

siead_lietrathu
06-13-2006, 02:13 PM
eh, the hard part for me is affording the rest of what i want to do. just have to finish jeans and ballcap for raccoon-girl chara, and get a wig for mage-y goodness.

Chibik3r0
06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Errr... This thread is from CN 2005, not for the upcoming 2006 >_> Requesting to have it closed? :D

AncientWanderer
06-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Errr... This thread is from CN 2005, not for the upcoming 2006 >_> Requesting to have it closed? :D

No kidding...it's SO uncool to resurrect a thread like this around con time. I read "three weeks from tomorrow" and felt panicky convulsions coming on lol.

I second closing this thread, times 5. Need be, somebody can create a new one.