PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy photo shoot?

vampirate
08-13-2005, 09:00 PM
The last two years I've been randomly running into other FF cosplayers in my moogle costumes. This year I've got a new FF costume in the works and would really like it if we could all perhaps somehow join forces in some sort of organized photo shoot. I don't think any real planning can be done until the D*Con schedule is up, but who else is interested or has any ideas about it?

mocha
08-14-2005, 06:07 AM
The last two years I've been randomly running into other FF cosplayers in my moogle costumes. This year I've got a new FF costume in the works and would really like it if we could all perhaps somehow join forces in some sort of organized photo shoot. I don't think any real planning can be done until the D*Con schedule is up, but who else is interested or has any ideas about it?

I do think you're right about the schedule thing, but it is a good idea. Maybe we can do something Friday? I don't think much is going on then, but I could be wrong. I think half my costumes are FF. lol ^_^; .....So spill! What's your new FF costume? *poke*

YunaheartsVivi
08-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Ide be up for it. You'll have to inform me of times though cause ill need to change. Yuna isnt my main costume this year <3

I remember you from last year! your moogle is adoreable

vampirate
08-16-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm trying to keep my costume kind of under wraps until it's done, but I'm hoping to accomplish that this week...so, maybe I'll put some pictures up then. =)

And I'm thinking that Friday evening is probably what will end up best for most people since there's no contests going on. However, I'd be really happy if maybe Sunday afternoon could work out since as of right now I'm wanting Sunday to be FF day for me unless Peter S. Beagle has something scheduled that day that I'd want to wear my Last Unicorn costume to.

Oh, and thanks Yuna!

TheWickedOne
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
In a last minute clutch decision, i'll be putting together a squall costume, i have the clothes and my hair is already the right color and length, all i need to do is fabricate a gunblade, shouldn't be too tough...

YunaheartsVivi
08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
I vote for sunday as well. The way i figure.... by then I'll be wanting a break from the huge blonde wig my other costume requires and Yuna would be a nice change. Only my earring broke and im not sure ill have time to finish my costume and make a new earring.... oh well ^.^;; I dont think it'll really matter to much.

Cinderella
08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Sounds awesome. My friends and I are doing an FF6 group, but I don't know what day. But we can probably be flexible about what day we wear them.

vampirate
08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
We can just angle you in the pics so that the earring wouldn't show anyways Yuna, then no one will be the wiser later. =)

FF6 group, nifty. And Squall action. woo! I actually want a Squall for a specific group I want to try and put together for a con sometime um, next year.

Cinderella
08-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Oh wait! I just realized. Sunday would be millions of times better cause we have a different gathering set up with someone else for Friday. So if people like Sunday better, that'd be really cool cause we don't want to miss out on this.

Thanks!

vampirate
08-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Since I'm now 4 little armbelts and one necklace (well and one figure, but hopefully I'll have her in time for the con) away from being done I thought I'd let people here in on my costume now.

design:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b331/vampirate777/?action=view&current=moogleluludesign.jpg

some of the progress:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=23150&member=32117

YunaheartsVivi
08-25-2005, 09:00 AM
so have we decided on a final date and time?

vampirate
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
so have we decided on a final date and time?

The schedule went up today apparently. I skimmed through it and...*drumroll*

I'm thinking Sunday afternoon at 1 if that sounds good for people.

That should give everyone time to sleep in and get into costume, and maybe even eat sometime before it.

As to where, I'm not positive. Maybe the lobby with all the band table in it if we want to go for the Hyatt. Or would people like a lobby in the Marriott?

_T3_
08-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Aagh. I'll hafta wait till next year to do a FF photoshoot, but I SOOO wanna try my hand at doing Cait Sith. (Besides, Dirge of Cerberus, Avdent Children, and FF12 are all coming out in 2006, so it seems an appropriate time to do soemthing Final Fantasy based then.) Guess I'll hafta be on the lookout for Trigun and Silent Hill characters...

vampirate
08-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Aw, sad T3. But I'm sure you'll be able to find Trigun and Silent Hill people. And I've already got at least one, maybe two, FF costumes I'm thinking of for next year...so you'll have to join in the fun then.

As far as the shoot goes I'm thinking it might be easier in the Marriott.

YunaheartsVivi
08-27-2005, 05:19 PM
very true. its normally a little less crowded :x

vampirate
08-28-2005, 11:17 PM
very true. its normally a little less crowded :x

That's what I've gathered too. So we'll go for the Marriott.

And here, I made a map.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/vampirate777/ffmeetmap.jpg

TheWickedOne
08-30-2005, 04:36 PM
so i will have the squall costume, for sure. and sunday is the day the dr axis and i will be doing our FF costumes, so everything should work out fine. also, is anyone here going to be attending the cosplay gathering on saturday in the marriot lobby after the parade?

vampirate
08-31-2005, 02:46 PM
so i will have the squall costume, for sure. and sunday is the day the dr axis and i will be doing our FF costumes, so everything should work out fine. also, is anyone here going to be attending the cosplay gathering on saturday in the marriot lobby after the parade?

Great! I'll see you guys there! And, I might could be persuaded to be Chi (Chobits) Saturday morning possibly. I just have to devote most of that day to Dawn.

Aleathia Burns
08-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Great! I'll see you guys there! And, I might could be persuaded to be Chi (Chobits) Saturday morning possibly. I just have to devote most of that day to Dawn.
I hear ya. I am glad that yo are entering as well as Mocha. That way we can have fun during the show. Man I am nervous. I have never done the Dawn contest before. :woah:

vampirate
09-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I hear ya. I am glad that yo are entering as well as Mocha. That way we can have fun during the show. Man I am nervous. I have never done the Dawn contest before. :woah:

I think it's fun. One of my friends who I started entering because of isn't doing this year though and I was worried about it being less fun. I'm really glad that you girls are entering. Maybe we'll be able to meet up with each other before the contest...Some people do seem to take it too seriously though and seem to be too concentrated on trying to top everyone else. But I just do what I want and try and enjoy it...If nothing else it'll be better this year than last year 'cause Voltaire is hosting it.

vamphunterx
02-08-2006, 02:15 AM
Will there be a FF gathering for this year's D*C

Oops nevermind, I just found the FF 2K6 thread