PDA

View Full Version : Animethon XIII (13)

GuyMonkey
08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here was planning on coming to Animethon XIII next year in FF8 cosplay. My group is currently looking for a Seifer, and possibly characters other than Squall or Zell, but mainly Seifer. If you're interested, please go to www.anime-alberta.org, go to the forums, then head to the Animethon XII forum and check out the topic there by me.

Also, if you're planning on having any group whatsoever at ATXIII, please, head over to that link. I'm kind of co-ordinating all of the groups, and playing the middle man, to make things easier for groups trying to get together.

Thanks!

PikminLink
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
ill be going next year! we had a great time this year...we'll be driving up from california again^___^ . W00T 26 hour straight drive yeah!!

nyxojaele
08-16-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm definately going again, and interested in seeing about getting a group of stupidly perfectionist Hellsing cosplayers together.. Perhaps I should check out that thread you have going there.

26hr drive straight? You're almost as insane as me! No wait, you ARE. That's quite the drive tho- what route do you take? Up to BC and across, or do you head west first, then north into Alberta?

GuyMonkey
08-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, when I drove down to LA, I went to Lethbridge, then across the border, and then I took the I-15 right into San Bernardino. It's the fastest path, and 26 hours for it sounds about right.

Keiko Kanzaki
08-16-2005, 10:27 PM
I'll be hosting an exchange student next summer for 10 days, so as long as Animethon doesn't cross over with that, I'll be there.

GuyMonkey
08-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Maybe you could take the exchange student with you! It'd be a nice look at another aspect of Edmonton for him/her!

Keiko Kanzaki
08-17-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure they have most of the time scheduled, so I'm not sure if I could. Besides, if I was coming here from Japan, I don't think I'd want to go to a Japanese animation convention.

Eleryth
08-17-2005, 12:21 AM
I agree with Keiko; not many people attend anime conventions in Japan. Well, they DO, but it's not as common, even though nearly everyone reads manga or watches anime. They just have no reason to (and cosplay is a "closet" hobby).

I hope to be there if it's late enough August. I'm not sure when I'm coming back from Japan, but my contract is up July 27th, and then it's a little bit of touring. I have a feeling I'll miss it, but I hope it'll be good!

And sorry, no FF groups for me. I wouldn't have any time to make a cos even if I was an FF fan anyway.

GuyMonkey
08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
=P Well, I didn't know that they were coming from Japan, did I? Still, though, from the indifferent view towards cosplay that I've gathered that Japan has (from the Summit topic here), it might be nice perspective change.

Edit: Okay, I think I implied that I was looking for FFVIII people to join for a cosplay group. My Zell has corrected me, though. We're really just looking for people to wander around the venue with us, and just look badass in general.

VampireHaku
06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm going, I'm working on getting my costume together lol I'm going as Homura from Saiyuki. I'm mostly going because my friend DJ is going and I've been wanting to meet him since he lives up there so I'm gonna visit him x3. It'll be a nearly 13 hour drive one way but it'll be worth it :D!

w00tastic
06-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, I'm for sure going and myself and another girl have started up a pretty good Bleach cosplay group! (By good I mean large!)

Also, I intend on trying to find some Deathnote cosplayers. I'm also going to be cosplaying as MisaMisa one of the days.

Zelos_Wilder
06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
I will most definitely be there.
I'll be there as Hikaru Hitachiin from Ouran High School Host Club and Roxas from Kingdom Hearts 2! :bigtu:

Temperance
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Shant be going. I was planning to go with the store, but the change of venue to the Parkade for vendors kinda put us off. Next year though ^_^

Eleryth
06-22-2006, 07:46 AM
It's too early for me... I don't get back until Aug 13th. Too bad! Hope you all have fun.

Sammeh
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
I'll be there. It'll be my first con. And I'm really excited. ^_^
I orginally had a large group, but everyone back out so now it might be 2 or 3 people including me. I'm going as Edward Elric and someone from Fruits Basket. *points to signature. As far as I know, I'll be the only one from my group in costume.

Zelos_Wilder
06-22-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll be there. It'll be my first con. And I'm really excited. ^_^
I orginally had a large group, but everyone back out so now it might be 2 or 3 people including me. I'm going as Edward Elric and someone from Fruits Basket. *points to signature. As far as I know, I'll be the only one from my group in costume.

I remember my first con was Animethon IX =]
Trust me, you'll have a lot of fun ^^

w00tastic
06-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Ah reminds me of my first con...Animethon XII (So I'm still a bit of a con n00b)

As for your group backing out on you dont worry half of mine did the same thing >.> Hope to run into you all there! Especially Fruits Basket cosplayers since I *finally* know what the series is and love it.

Just curious. Who all is going into the masq/cosplay contest this year?

AnimeMasterZERO
06-23-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm definitely coming. I'll be cosplaying as Dark Rockman.

I'm also entered into the AMV contest.

Leitha
06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I WOULD enter the cosplay contest but being over-weight does not help in the visual category. xD;

Zelos_Wilder
06-25-2006, 03:12 PM
^Blah, that was me. I was on my friends account @_@

Katasha
06-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I shall be there. I donno in what costumes as the one I wanted to do my prop maker wont have the headress done in time. I'll figure it out. I'm running 4 panels there this year! You all need to attend!
Wigs-Beginnier
Wigs- Advanced
Cosplay Posing for pictures
Dollfie/BJD Panel

w00tastic
06-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Zelos- Being skinny as a peice of 2 by 4 dosent help either xDD

Katasha: I didnt know you were doing so many pannels this year! I'll have to for sure go to the wigs one xD (is a wig n00b)

Zelos_Wilder
06-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Oh yay!
I'm serious about attending a wig panel this year. I will seriously do anything to be a better cosplayer, and I don't know ANYTHING about wigs despite me going to attempt to style a wig for Hikaru x_x;;
IT JUST NEEDS TO ARRIVE.
And if it doesnt arrive on time, I will cry xD;

VampireHaku
06-28-2006, 08:12 PM
I might go in the cosplay contest with my friend I dunno tho lol. I'm a convention/cosplay n00b too XD my first convention was this march and I wore my normal clothes but went as Gackt lol. But yeah keep an eye out for a Homura and Auron hanging out together lol thats me and my friend XD. I Homura, shall be short XD he Auron will be tall XD