PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur III Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2

Jenphi
08-17-2005, 06:17 PM
So, anyone working on cosplay for the upcoming Soul Calibur III?

For those of you not aware, here are some drool-worthy links:
Namco's SCIII Site (http://soulcalibur3.namco.com/index.php)
Namco's Japanese SCIII site (http://namco-ch.net/ps2_soulcalibur3/index.php)
Project Soul (http://www.soularchive.jp/)
Got-Next's Preview (http://www.got-next.com/previews_read.php?id=113)

I haven't seen any pics of Sophitia, but Cassandra and Raphael will be making a comeback, including other cosplay favorites: Kilik and Talim.

Honey
08-17-2005, 07:03 PM
I have plans to make Tira's costume, but not this year because I already have enough on my plate. Maybe next year since I am hoping. She is perhaps the only Soul Calibur character I want to cosplay for right now.

Aisha-chan
08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't want to even touch SC3 until it comes out, because jumping the gun cosplay always ends poorly!

But since I'm doing SC2 Ivy 3rd player, I won't be surprised if I try an SCIII Ivy.

Michi
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I still haven't done my SCII plans yet ..or SCI for that matter. But I'm sure if I like any of the new outfits of my favorite characters (which haven't been shown yet) I'll want to cosplay them.

AnimegirlParnaz
08-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I've been thinking on cosplaying as Talim from SCIII.

Greg^_^Oreo
08-19-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm still working on a yoshimitsu costume from soul calibur 2.Check out reference pic on costume help prop and accessories,look for my name.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zephyrs
08-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Once they start breaking out the alternate costumes (aka when I can actually play the game) I'm sure I'll start on another Cassandra. My boyfriend has his heart set on some form of Raphael and I'm like "ohdayum this is going to be tricky"

cold kittn
08-24-2005, 08:31 AM
As of late a lot of my planned cosplay is from video games. I'm definetly looking forwad to SC3. I want to cosplay Xianguah (sp?) in the black outfit in SC2. Does anyone know if she's in the third?

Daala
08-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Hallo! Mitsu fan here. Working on 3 outfits, 2 custom charaters and hopefuly the new mitsurugi.

2nd one down http://namco-ch.net/ps2_soulcalibur3/mode/img/characre_haikei01.jpg

ACXchan
08-25-2005, 02:01 AM
I've been up for Raphael since the day I played the SCIII demo at E3. But I'm also really interested in this Lost Chronicle mode. Some of those costumes are really interesting.

ArsenalFierce13
08-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow, I've got enough on my cosplay wish list (and probably won't even be making anything new for a year while I'm in Japan), but after looking at that, I think I need to add Tira to my wish list. Between the fluffy green maribou and the 80's Jem-inspired make-up, I think I NEED to make this costume.

Michi
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Yay new character art is out!!

I love Seung Mina's character, but her new outfit isn't as neat looking as I had hoped. >_> I like it, but the top confuses me. It just hangs there and she has nothing under it (as you can see from her art where you see the bottom of her boobs). >_>;; I think I'll just worry about SCII and below for now.

ACXchan
08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Her new outfit looks like her old one @D@ I love Xianghua's bell bottoms, and Yunsung got some fly pants and stylin' shoes XD It seems like the whole group got more colorful. I still say Raphael raided Cervantes' closet.

Michi
08-26-2005, 05:45 PM
It's like her old one with more chance of skin showing. XD

Yeah, Yunsung especially is a lot more.. colorful, and I noticed it on Xianghua too. Xianghua's new outfit is pretty neat.

Mage
08-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Wow, Xianghua's new outfit...

More detached sleeves, more details for me to paint and it looks very, very comfortable. Sign me up! =D

Lillyxandra
08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
*drool* all of the new designs are so ornate, I cant wait to do another SC cosplay. It would be so cool if Sophitia has her pink costume from soul edge....

ACXchan
08-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Unless Raph has a more interesting 2P or 3P costume for SCIII I think I'm going to stick 1P skater Yunsung up on my list XD

Lillyxandra
08-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Unless Raph has a more interesting 2P or 3P costume for SCIII I think I'm going to stick 1P skater Yunsung up on my list XD

Hahah yeah his outfit is kind of skaterish XD Do you think thats armor that hangs from his left hip or just fabric? Sometimes i have a hard time figuring out whats armor and whats not.

ACXchan
08-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I think it's armor since it has some type of lion or dragon's head relief sculpture going on in there XD It's always hard to tell with Soul Calibur, they don't make the most functional of costume designs. I look at SCIII Ivy and wonder... is that a costume or a full body tattoo @D@

Michi
08-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Wow, Xianghua's new outfit...

More detached sleeves, more details for me to paint and it looks very, very comfortable. Sign me up! =D

Dude, Mage, there's new more realistic headshots of all the characters and Xianghua looks so much like you. ;.; I think you'd look great in the new outfit~ DO IT. XD

AnimegirlParnaz
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
I just thought of something, will cosplaying as the costom made fighters from the sword chronicles from SC3 count?

Michi
08-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeaaaaah. That's true. There's going to be 39202842048234 cosplaying opportunities from this one because of the create a character mode. I'd say take a picture of your character as reference if you cosplay it though, so people know what you're doing. ^^;

Lillyxandra
08-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I think it's armor since it has some type of lion or dragon's head relief sculpture going on in there XD It's always hard to tell with Soul Calibur, they don't make the most functional of costume designs. I look at SCIII Ivy and wonder... is that a costume or a full body tattoo @D@

Hahah no joke, i was really excited to perhaps do another ivy cosplay untill i saw her costume....i was like....there is no freaking way. Good luck on your costume! your costumes are alwasy amazing, i cant wait to see it finished!!

Nietsche
08-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah YunSung's back on my list!!!

Though I'll probably have to wait on more screenshots...and maybe for the game to appear

Daala
08-30-2005, 11:39 AM
(looking at the wallpaper), Xianghua's new outfit...is that leather?! neat. Damn I haven't been on in a bit. I've taking care of my new baby...(who's named Raphael...LOL, ^_-)
I've started my armor road again with the mitsu, we'll see if I can finish it this time.

Honey
08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
For the first time, I finally had a chance to see a full picture of Tira to get an idea of the costume. From what I can see, it seems pretty simple enough, but her boots and what appears to be armor on them will probably give me a little trouble.

Oh, dear...

kujaeidolon
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Xianghua *luvs* I love the bellbottoms with the dye gradient!

Daala
08-30-2005, 05:48 PM
For the first time, I finally had a chance to see a full picture of Tira to get an idea of the costume. From what I can see, it seems pretty simple enough, but her boots and what appears to be armor on them will probably give me a little trouble.

Oh, dear...

Looks like shin guards to me >> http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050325/sc3_04.jpg

ACXchan
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Hahah no joke, i was really excited to perhaps do another ivy cosplay untill i saw her costume....i was like....there is no freaking way. Good luck on your costume! your costumes are alwasy amazing, i cant wait to see it finished!!
Thank you, in the words of SC tournaments.... your costumes have always been top tier XD

And Ivy's can be done I think... just not... very modestly @D@ I was hoping to do some SCIII for Ani-Magic but I'm going to wait for the game to come out instead. Maybe the 2P or 3P costumes will be even cooler, though I still plan on doing Yunsung anyway!

Lillyxandra
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Thank you, in the words of SC tournaments.... your costumes have always been top tier XD

And Ivy's can be done I think... just not... very modestly @D@ I was hoping to do some SCIII for Ani-Magic but I'm going to wait for the game to come out instead. Maybe the 2P or 3P costumes will be even cooler, though I still plan on doing Yunsung anyway!

Hey! so were we, i was hoping to have Cassandra and Sophitia done for Ani-magic. But i just dont see us having enough time to have them done by then. perhaps for AX. Yeah I cant wait to see the 2nd and 3rd player costumes, the game comes out soon. im really surprised they have shown so little of the characters and costumes so far, namco is really working it up for us cosplayers!

AngelicSin
09-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Im working on Tira right now and will be making Seung mina from SC3 right afterwards! The scarlet thunder is already done from my katsucon cosplay.

boconnotto
09-05-2005, 12:42 AM
I, too, might attempt Seung Mina's new costume. After I finish the one that I'm doing now [primary costume from SCII], of course. Perhaps, with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, I'll manage to finish both before AKon. Which would be nice, as I'd only have to make one weapon. That'd be awesome, though I'm in doubt that it'll occur, since I've so much work to do these next two semesters. Rawr. Ah well. If I finish the first, I'll be glad-- Evil schoolwork.

Nightmare
09-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I plan on doing Nightmare from SCIII. It's going to take me a while, but I already have plans for most of it. The helmet, arm, armour. Everything except for the sword. I suspect that after completion, it will cost me about $200 if not more. I also suspect it to take me about at least a year, if not two, do to factors that are more important.

Kyuriko
09-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I just played SCII this past weekend at my brother's place and I had a blast. The outfits are very tempting to cosplay. Especially Xianghua's.

mikcy
09-06-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm sadden by Ivy's... "outfit." Oh well. I like Kilik's and have always wanted to do a female version of him (not slutty oook?) since he's always been my favourite<3 :d

Michi
09-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm sadden by Ivy's... "outfit." Oh well.

Well it's Soul Calibur, so she's sure to have at least two others when the game actually comes out. XD

Shukitty
09-08-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm workin on a Tira for Acen 06. I dont suppose anyone else is doing a Setsuka or Zsalemel?

morenwyn
09-08-2005, 02:36 PM
i'm working on a Tira. my practice makeup for her is in my photos

ChicoChan
09-08-2005, 02:52 PM
tira is so hot :0 i wanna cosplay her ;_;

Catatonic
09-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm so surprised no one has given a shout out to the Setsuka, yet! I finished my Tira up a few weeks ago and setting sights on her as she is so cuuuuuuute. I am quite happy with how the blade turned out. First time's a charm with BIG props. ;)
And the legguards turned out to be way easier to make than than the costume itself. Go figure.

And who can pass up a girl with a sword IN her umbrella?? Not to mention all that jewelry looks like it will be a blast to make.

Venator
09-09-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm extatic that Namco went back to roots, slightly, by creating Nightmare and Siegfried as two seperate characters. I thought it worked really well in SC I for them to have different move-sets, and was kind of disappointed that the latter became a mere costume.
Not only that, but both Siggy and Nightmare look pretty darn sweet, this time around. I missed the good ol' helmet-spike... It just made head-bashing the opponent in the face so much more satisfying.

I guess I haven't checked the most recent sites, but I'm sincerely hoping (as I did when SCII was released) that Sophitia will still be around. Cassandra just doesn't cut it, for me.
Given that she's been around since Soul Blade, though, I doubt that I really need to be concerned...
And if they gave her something like the third outfit from Soul Cal I, the black leather-ish suit with a white/pink half-tabard dealie, I would be extraordinarily happy. That costume looked awesome...

Ideally, I'd love to cosplay Siegfried, but I'll never have the time/money. For what it's worth, the rest of you guys will do a great job, I'm sure. :thumbsup:

ArsenalFierce13
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm so surprised no one has given a shout out to the Setsuka, yet! I finished my Tira up a few weeks ago and setting sights on her as she is so cuuuuuuute. I am quite happy with how the blade turned out. First time's a charm with BIG props. ;)
And the legguards turned out to be way easier to make than than the costume itself. Go figure.

And who can pass up a girl with a sword IN her umbrella?? Not to mention all that jewelry looks like it will be a blast to make.

I saved all the pictures I could find of both Tira and Setsuka, and I'd ultimately like to make both. Tira just kind of grabbed me first (I think it's the color scheme and make up). But Setsuka has a great design too and would be a fun challenge, between the wig styling, jewelry, and detailing on the kimono. I'd love to do her at some point, she's just on my second string right now.

What did you use for the leg guards and blade? They look great.

empress_donna
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I am already doing purple ivy from sc2 *planning to anyway* the sc3 one is like that but with white and stuff.

woo go ivy

*loves the pics*

- Donna

Gren
09-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Well it's Soul Calibur, so she's sure to have at least two others when the game actually comes out. XD
Is there any release date set for it? I want to see Voldo's SCIII 2p and 3p costumes before locking myself into his SCII 1p.

Zephyrs
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
It ships October 25

kyandi-chan
09-09-2005, 05:15 PM
*waits patiently until october 25* Xianghua looks soooooo cuuuuuuuute. I wanna see everyone's outfits! I thought I saw another outfit for Ivy...from what I saw on this French site..hmm

don't forget to check with www.fightersgeneration.com if you want to see what pictures they've updated with.

Catatonic : I like your armor and hoop that you did for Tira, but your hair needs to be crazier looking! :D

Setsuka looks sooooooo awesome, and I've seen someone cosplay her, but they didn't post pictures of the lower part. The only thing about Setsuka that messes with my brain, is the weird hair-do. It reminds me of mickey mouse, haha

empress_donna
09-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Now i saw setuka in action i want to cosplay her lol..

I can't make up my mind..

^^;;

- Donna

Catatonic
09-10-2005, 09:12 AM
I just can't bring myself to mess with most fav wig haha.

But the Armor is foam and the blade is resin cast.

~Cat

:heart: Setsuka - Queen of Hearts :heart:

Daala
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
A few random images for you all >>

- Rock (http://www.aqwaqwa.com/SoulCalibur/Siegfried/IMAGES/021.jpg)

- Take a guess ..LOL! (http://www.aqwaqwa.com/SoulCalibur/Siegfried/IMAGES/016.jpg)

Battle One (http://www.aqwaqwa.com/SoulCalibur/Siegfried/IMAGES/031.jpg)

Someone has to cosplay this! (http://www.aqwaqwa.com/SoulCalibur/Siegfried/IMAGES/034.jpg)

OMG!! I see lots of these being made << (http://www.aqwaqwa.com/SoulCalibur/Siegfried/IMAGES/042.jpg)

kerochan
09-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Ooooh those new costumes look so sweet! I can't wait to see someone cosplay as these! Oh man I can't wait for the game to come out so I can see the characters up close. The Xianghua is looking awesome!

Rush_Signals21
09-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Ooooh those new costumes look so sweet! I can't wait to see someone cosplay as these! Oh man I can't wait for the game to come out so I can see the characters up close. The Xianghua is looking awesome!

I Agreed With You Kerochan :bigtu:

mikcy
09-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Oh my I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I like Amy's (??) outfit, of course. I think it's her hair that gets me. x.x; Gahh I have enough plans.

Zegen
09-17-2005, 03:32 PM
I made my girlfriends Ring and she made her Award-winning Tira costume which can be seen here: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=19532&member=28488

I can't wait to see someone do the new Talim!

Gothic_Catboy
09-18-2005, 02:59 AM
I don't think that that Amy is a legitimate character for SC3 (maybe for the PS2 version), because they only added 3 new characters to the lineup... and as for Ivy, her 2P costume for the first Soul Cal will always be the best.

isami
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Hahaha, I wasn't expecting this before the game came out.
Then again, I'm not surprised.

I'm definately hoping to do Talim since I did her for SC2, though I do want to see some of her alternative outfits before diving into the default. It's really cute, just insanely detailed.

Chances are it'd get done for Otakon, not Katsu. Yup. X_x;;;

Genobraker2004
09-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Im going to do seigfried player one costume. it will kick ass.

Nightmare
09-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Im going to do seigfried player one costume. it will kick ass.

Dude, if possible, we should go to the same con, and I'll "fight" you there. I'll be doing 1p Nightmare. Will be starting it in about 2-3 months probably. I need to finish this one costume first, then acquire some money to buy material and other stuff. It would be so awesome.

Lillyxandra
09-20-2005, 02:11 AM
I don't think that that Amy is a legitimate character for SC3 (maybe for the PS2 version), because they only added 3 new characters to the lineup... and as for Ivy, her 2P costume for the first Soul Cal will always be the best.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. cute original character though! Did you see the ivys new 3rd player costume on http://www.fightersgeneration.com/ ? Im not sure if i like it yet.

empress_donna
09-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Amy? *ponders whom this amy person ish*

I am guessing from project soul and the sc3 website that the extra charas from sc2 that are different for ps2, xbox and gc aren't in sc3.

like Sophetia n.n

- Donna

Nightmare
09-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Amy seems to be a pallet swap for Raphael, judging from her stance. And I believe that some of the characters are in only in VS mode (i.e. Hwang, Rock, Amy, etc.) If they arent on the main site as a character, than they are only in VS mode. Some of the charaacters seem to be a result of Create-a-character also. That may be what Amy, Arthur, and a couple others are. Don't quote me on the Character Creation part, I'm not all to sure about that. It is just what it seems to me.

And on the cosplaying part, I've already got plans for my Nightmare costume already drawn up. Now I just need to save up the money for the stuff... Anyone want to donate to the, Nightmare needs to make his costume fund???

PrettyKittyMulu
09-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I saw Amy and thought she might be an extra character..because if you all remember, Raphael has a daughter named Amy..and the Amy in the screenshots looks about the right age. But, I'm not sure, since we've already seen the 3 new characters..:P Great outfit though..

[edit] Just as a note, Fighters Generation lists Amy as a character. How reliable are they, generally..?

MeliCat
09-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm so excited for the game to come out! I want to do a Talim cosplay for sure. I'll be happy with her cute player1 outfit, but I want to see what else she has to offer. ^_^ I'm a little disappointed with what I've seen of Ivy, I hope her outfits get better.

Genobraker2004
09-20-2005, 06:22 PM
im going to anime boston so yea we could fight lol.

Nightmare
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Unfortunately, I am based out of Alabama. So I think that Boston is a little too far north for me to make it to with my money.

ACXchan
09-20-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah i was thinking the same thing. cute original character though! Did you see the ivys new 3rd player costume on http://www.fightersgeneration.com/ ? Im not sure if i like it yet.
The veil + armor is throwing me off a little but I do like it more than her 1P costume ^ ^; I know what Raphael costume I'm doing, the mask is too cute XD

kujaeidolon
09-20-2005, 10:44 PM
It's Zorro Raphael XD

Yueri
09-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Im still thinking of doing the Xianghua red 2p costume from SCII XDD But maybe ill trade that one for one of this new game... I just dont think anyhting would look proper on me XD

MeliCat
09-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I wonder if Cassandra is returning this game?

Nightmare
09-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Cassandra is returning. She looks pretty good too, I like her new outfit in comparison to SCII Cassandra; it's more blue.

And for those who aren't entirely too sure, http://www.soularchive.jp/ This'll have all the characters that are considered to be in the main story line. Hopefully this help a few people.

empress_donna
09-23-2005, 11:13 AM
hmm... more charas = yay

I do see that a lot of ppl are doing tira though sc3 isn't out yet.. i'm guessing.. her costume is the easiest.

- Donna

AgentMichi
09-27-2005, 04:52 AM
I am going as 1P SCIII Cassandra to AX 06! ^^;;

ArsenalFierce13
09-27-2005, 11:27 AM
hmm... more charas = yay

I do see that a lot of ppl are doing tira though sc3 isn't out yet.. i'm guessing.. her costume is the easiest.

- Donna

I don't think it's really a matter of it being the easiest, there are some tricky details to it. I've never made a giant prop like that before so I know I'm staring at it going, "huh?", but I think it's just the most eye-catching. She's a brand-new character, and the colors are very vibrant (at least, that's why I'm drawn to it).

Jen-neko
09-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Ohh, I want SC III so bad! =>_<= Must have custom character creator...

Back to the topic, though, after seeing Seung Mina's SC III outfit, I think I might have to try that one :3 I was gonna do her SC 2P outfit (the green one from the Dreamcast game), but I really like the new costume design. Now I just need to find more reference images... =>_>=

livengood
09-28-2005, 02:09 AM
I fell in love with Tira's design and was planning it for future cons. Though, I may try for Amy. She's so cute! I'd probably try for the purple costume version. If it's an actual character. But hey, if it isn't, then so be it. Still worth a shot. ^_~

Gothic_Catboy
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah... I suppose just remembering, Amy might be Rapheal's adopted daughter... though I'm not sure. As for all the costumes, they have something like Tekken 5's add-on mode, when, when you play through the game, you earn points that you can use to buy random costume additions... so most of the things you saw on TFG might just be renditions of this mode... like turning Law into Hiroyuki Sakai of Iron Chef fame...

Parrotfish100
09-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I REALLLY hope that Yoshimitsu is another unlockable... it would be a shame if he wasn't back:waaaah:

Heck, I would cosplay Yoshimitsu's second costume from SC2 if I had the time to make it and the patience to find the right material:bigtu:

Madmage Luc
09-30-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm suriously thinking about cosplaying my create-your-own character *laughs* I reckon it would be fun and different.

Ohhhh man I can't wait til SC III gets released.

Jenphi
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Amy is Raphael's adopted daughter, and her moves will be mostly like his. She'll have some new moves of her own.

I really want to do Sophitia 2p... I don't think I have enough guts to do the metal bra for 1p... o.O

23 more days............ *impatient waiting*

CarolynCosplay
10-04-2005, 11:24 PM
I have already made my SC3 costume because I fell in love with the crazy style of Tira. It isn't actually easy to make and also the outfit is hard to get to pass Con regulations. That's okay, it was my first cosplay costume ever, and I will keep improving it.

I think every SC3 character should be cosplayed in the next year - get to the costume making!:bigtu:

"Here she comes!" -Tira, 17 year old girl who kills for fun and works for Nightmare. Yes

Igniz
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm still making my Voldo SC3 's costume : hard, long ...But I didn't work not only on this costume .

Two other Voldo's costume , old ones are planned (and other costumes from another series and games...)

hoshi-p
10-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Talim's outfit is so cute! It's kind of like her P3 costume from SCII. It seems like it could be pretty complicated, though, with all the accessories she has. >_<

ACXchan
10-05-2005, 09:32 PM
I already put in my pre-order for SC3. I'm so psyched about Carnivale Raphael XD I hope this release comes with an artbook like SC2 did.

AnimegirlParnaz
10-06-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm suriously thinking about cosplaying my create-your-own character *laughs* I reckon it would be fun and different.

Ohhhh man I can't wait til SC III gets released.

I agree with you, I honestly want to cosplay as a created character from SC3 since I already have cosplayed as 3p Tailm from SC2. So I won't be cosplaying as Talim from SC3. :walkoff:

TrinCroft
10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm thinking about Tira but I'll probably end up doing Seung Mina.. just because she's one of my all time favorite characters. I'm thrilled to see Siegfreid back as his own character though.

Jenphi
10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I have already made my SC3 costume because I fell in love with the crazy style of Tira. It isn't actually easy to make and also the outfit is hard to get to pass Con regulations. That's okay, it was my first cosplay costume ever, and I will keep improving it.

I think every SC3 character should be cosplayed in the next year - get to the costume making!:bigtu:
Con regulations? Eeek, didn't even think about that.... I think I might go for Sophitia 2p. ;) http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/games/041.jpg

Parrotfish100: Yoshi's unlockable, but they haven't officially "revealed" him yet. Yoshi and Raph - http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/games/043.jpg

ACXchan: Yea, I'm hoping for the artbook, too. :love:

Jen-neko: I like Mina's new outfits... except for the falling out part, but you can get around that. ;) Go for it!

13 more days........

Jen-neko
10-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Jenphi - I'm either going to use a lot of tape, or a flesh-colored bra :P Maybe both =>.>=;;

Well, I was thinking about doing Mina for the next con, but I might put it off (I already have enough planned/in-progress costumes =x_x=). I at least wanna wait for the game to come out so I can acquire more reference images before I start on that costume.

Jenphi
10-13-2005, 04:01 PM
There has got to be a realistic-looking way to "fake" large breasts. Sure, you can do it when they're covered, but what about when you're supposed to be showing some skin? I just don't know...

Jen-neko
10-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, luckily I won't have to "fake" having large breasts (I'm not huge, but I'm well-endowed enough :P). Thankfully, though, Mina doesn't have that much on top, despite the way the initial image appears (there's a profile shot of her at Fighter's Generation that shows her from the front. She's not that big).

I think I'll probably experiment with tape and use a flesh-colored bra as a last resort (wanna make it as realistic as possible). As for faking large breasts, well, I think it'd probably depend on how much skin was showing.

I definitely need this game =x_x= because right now, I'm totally stumped on how to do the skirt part, since the top part seems to be "metal", or something equally hard and not fabric....and then there's that giant tassel...

*~Antagonist~*
10-14-2005, 01:44 AM
http://soulcalibur3.us/soulcalibur3/costumes/

this site has some preview pics of most of the costumes/characters even the 2p costumes. I'm loving Ivy's 2p costume. I'm so tempted to cosplay Voldo's 2p, looks like a big sunflower XD

Jen-neko
10-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the link =^_^= It's nice to see full body shots of both of Mina's costumes....Now that I can see all of her 2P outfit, I kinda like that one, too =>.>= plus I wouldn't have to worry so much about the "cleavage" problem...

Decisions, decisions....

Gothic_Catboy
10-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Meh, I don't think the characters at the bottom were meant to be in the game... just because of the awkward poses and such, indicating that they're just parts melded together... though the Amy one does look interesting.

Plus I continue my claim that Ivy's 2p costume from SC1 was the best ever.

Parrotfish100
10-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Well, after getting the game, I saw sooooo many cosplay opportunities! O_______O They are all so friggin cool. I decided I would like to cosplay as Siegfried, cause it would be soooo awesome to have a shiny suit of armor with a huge sword, rofl:bigtu: Its gonna be a pain, and quite expensive though:sulk:

MeliCat
10-30-2005, 01:24 PM
What a beautiful game! I've decided on Talim's player 1 outfit, I really like the color edit standard that looks more purple than blue. :D I can't wait to get started!

KurzesHaar
10-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I've looked through all the pages in this thread and did find some good links with screenshots, but I was wondering if anyone had any really good links for Xianghua's outfits? I'm having a hard time finding detailed shots of any of her costumes...
thanks!

SkippingSith
10-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Hey, does anyone have any decent shots of the lower half and back of Ivy's 2P outfit from SCIII? All of the sites I've come across only have that one headshot and I've got one pic of the top half.

Thanks guys!

SkippingSith
10-31-2005, 09:28 PM
...sorry, double posted. SCIII rocks.

kerochan
11-01-2005, 02:16 AM
KurezHaar...which outfit were looking for images of? I think that the best bet would be to take screenshots of it. I think that the first player outfit would be the easiest to find more images of and there is the official art. I'm planning on doing her 2nd player outfit and I have some screenshots that I took PM me if you want them

Imari-chan
11-01-2005, 03:01 AM
I am making Taki's costume. I already did a Soul Calibur III cosplay but it was based on my custom character I made on there. :) I hope I can get the costume done for the characters though. :p

Gren
11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, I wasn't too impressed with his 1 or 2p cstumes. Anyone have shots of Voldo's 3p costume to tide me over until I pick this game up for myself? I have to make a judgement call on it versus cosplaying the SC2 1p version.

Zephyrs
11-01-2005, 06:30 PM
There aren't 3P costumes this time around, at least not in the traditional sense. Instead it's 1P and 2P, and a palette swap for each.

Gren
11-02-2005, 03:12 AM
This news breaks my heart.

ACXchan
11-02-2005, 03:16 AM
But you could always create a design in that chronicles mode. I still haven't picked up my copy of the game yet, but I have pics of masked Raphael so I'm starting him as soon as I have free time.

OT: Gren, we talked at Ani-Magic and I was so blind I didn't even know it was you @D@ Sorry, I'm sayin' wassup now though XD

Parrotfish100
11-02-2005, 06:37 PM
There aren't 3P costumes this time around, at least not in the traditional sense. Instead it's 1P and 2P, and a palette swap for each.

Seriously?! Damn.:sulk: They crapped up Yoshimitsu sooo bad with both costumes. I could have sworn there'd be 3p costumes since I unlocked art of him in his original Tekken costume.

mikcy
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm finally playing it. Yay. I really like Kilik's 2P in my colours. >.>; If it was possible to get a clear shot of the designs on it, I'd make it. Booo. Kilik is my favourite too.

Brian Keljore
11-04-2005, 08:37 PM
I am seriously thinking of making a costume out of a color edit of Siegfried's Player 2 costume, however I don't even know where to start @_@ I would LOVE to have it done by ACEN 2006 but my current financial situation makes it difficult. I plan on making the chainmail by hand (one I figure out the pattern I would need to use to make a full length shirt) and the rest... well I would need to call in a few favors for due to my inablility to sew :p I also plan on making a replica Glam as apposed to Requiem...for simplicities sake (something has to be easy about this!). Here are some screens on my grand design.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/kirrrith/sig4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/kirrrith/sig3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/kirrrith/sig2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/kirrrith/sig.jpg

Any pointers would be GREATLY appreciated. Especially for the Sword/armor pieces.

Myoubi
11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I already finished my SCIII costume a while back, but, I do want to point out to everyone that there is a character viewer camera mode, if you go to Character Profiles. It is EXTREMLY handy, you can zoom in, rotate, it's wonderful.

Also, there are other outfits you can sort of "unlock" while they are not playable, you can view their original concepts and stuff in the art gallery. I have pretty much everything unlocked (a few 'special artworks' are missing) and there's some amazing costume stuff.

I'm contemplating opening myself up to taking pictures of this stuff for you guys if you need it.. but uhh, I don't want to get overwhelmed. Just, PM me if you need something specific. I already have Xianghua's 2P all mapped out, if anyone needs that.

Oh, and you guys can expect to see a LOT more Tira stuff from me, there are some AMAZING unlockables. *hint hint* (But dear god, her second outfit.. *cries*)

Ephemerality
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh! All the characters look really great, I think I want to do Xianhua's alternate outfit the most! The black one =D It looks so AWESOME

Sorahana
11-13-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm doing Talim's 2p outfit but I changed all the green to black lol.
Soul Calibur III has way too many cosplay ideas @.@!!

Daala
11-14-2005, 01:13 PM
=) I'm doing Xianhuas 1player edit, in deep red with gray... we'll see how it turns out. My cousin Kerochan has started her Xianhua 2p outfit.

PikminLink
11-14-2005, 02:19 PM
so far i like it, but i really dont like what im hearing about there only being 2 costumes now for each character. i tried the one where you can alter the colors of their original looking ones, but still . i wanna see some 3p costumes T_T

anyway ill be cosplaying from sc3 hehe ^__^

kerochan
11-16-2005, 12:21 AM
I started working on my Xianghua 2p http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=529709 this is what I have so far on it. I saw Tira's second player outfit and that looks awesome too but I wonder what her joke weapon is? How can you get her joke weapon(if anyone has unlocked it..) I wanna make that one next LOL...there are way too many options to those costumes its sick.

Masami
11-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Looks like I'm dragging Noki into Soul Cal 3 cosplay.. ^_^ We'll be doing Amy and Cassandra (2nd Player) for Katsucon this year! Hope to see some of you there =)

o0marikit0o
11-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Im doing SCIII's talim too. its awesome. Im working on a plethora of poofy pant girls hehe. ANyway, i might need help figuring out how to do the top and the weapon

if anyone needs talim i have a lot of source pics.

Cesario
11-16-2005, 04:18 AM
It seems that the Create-A-Soul mode has proven some interesting ideas.

Since I got waylaid due to a Racing incident (got run over by a Car Trailer), I'm out for a week and got time to get thru most of the game.

For example, Project Justice:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/phantomskyline/1132062583986.jpg

Kinda figured out how to do Zaki and Tiffany.

And this website has a few more: http://park12.wakwak.com/~pusai/

Examples:

http://park12.wakwak.com/~pusai/2005/sc317.jpg (Negi and Nodoka from Negima)

http://park12.wakwak.com/~pusai/2005/sc328.jpg (Cloud and Squall from FFVII)

http://park12.wakwak.com/~pusai/2005/sc323.jpg (Haman and Char from ZZ Gundam)

Already, in addition to the two PJ ones, I also have Sakura from Naruto (or a close representation) and the Dancer from Ragnarok Online.

So that mode will provide an untold ammount of cosplay opportunities in the future. Question is, will anyone really know that your cosplaying your Gladiatrix Character from SCIII?

Myoubi
11-16-2005, 05:29 AM
I saw Tira's second player outfit and that looks awesome too but I wonder what her joke weapon is? How can you get her joke weapon(if anyone has unlocked it..) I wanna make that one next LOL...there are way too many options to those costumes its sick.

Her joke weapon is a cogwheel. You have to beat the "Hard Workers (Normal)" in Soul Arena with a gold medal. Or it unlocks after a certain number of battles.. I think somewhere near 2,000.

And in regards to Create a Soul.. I just want to let everyone know that KOS-MOS doesn't look that scarey. I don't know WHAT they did to her on this website.. http://park12.wakwak.com/~pusai/

Here's how she looks if you use all of her stuff:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/Captain_Planet2/1130653776667.jpg

You need to have over 300 peices of female armour unlocked to unlock the Type X, is what I've gathered.

Evali
11-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Wait a minute, you can MAKE Jin Kazama?!?!

Urge to buy... rising....

Cosplay wise, I'm researching the outfits to see if I want to do it or not. Mostly I'm interested because my shy yet hot boyfriend wants to be Kilik. Oh yeah :skidude2:

I don't know who I'd be, I usually like Xianghua the best though.

Heero Masaki
11-16-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm in the UK so I'll be getting SCIII on Friday XP but I already have plans to cosplay Kilik XD I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to cosplay Xianghua X3 and maybe get my friend to cosplay Yun sung again....

~ Heero

Kirschwasser
11-16-2005, 11:11 AM
I recently got my hands on a copy of SCIII this past Friday. I love to see the characters new outfits & I especially like that you can edit the colours. :3 I really like Ivy's 2nd costume & in my edited version of her, I made her outfit black, green, & silver (it looks really nice!) and with auburn hair. I also like Seung Mina's outfits too. I would love to cosplay from this game for AX06, but I'll have to see if I have the extra time & money. ^^;

On note: This game is really hard! :thumbsup: At times, it can drive me crazy. XD

Daala
11-16-2005, 11:44 AM
LOL! the Project Justice characters.... that's great!

I should get cracking on my outfit!

Uthardar
11-16-2005, 12:09 PM
One of these days, I'm going to cosplay Sigfred, with armor and every thing!
But, frist I have to work on my lucian costume.:eeek:

ACXchan
11-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Hrrmm.... I found the game too easy @D@ More like I feel there wasn't much improvement between SC2 and SC3, but I still bought it anyway XD I started working on 2P Raphael's mask and bracer, I have yet to solve the open shirt dilemma....

Zegen
11-17-2005, 05:35 AM
Well I got my own copy and needless to say i've already begun construction onthe new nightmare.

Chloe Crimson
11-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm in the process of making Sophitia's first costume.

Pliskin
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Hrrmm.... I found the game too easy @D@ More like I feel there wasn't much improvement between SC2 and SC3, but I still bought it anyway XD I started working on 2P Raphael's mask and bracer, I have yet to solve the open shirt dilemma....

Too easy? Did you beat Night Terror?

I'm working on a Siegfried at the moment.

ACXchan
11-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Yes and I'll admit it took some tries to do it @D@ But it didn't feel any different to me, I used Raphael as I did in SC2, I guess I was just expecting more from this game where Tale of Souls was concerned and not so much Chronicles of the Sword ^ ^;; The extras are pretty cool, but they don't make up for the lack of 'freshness' in the single player mode. ..... But this is a fighting game so I shouldn't be expecting so much story and consistency XD SC3's graphics and design get a plus from me. Raphael's 2P costume gets a BIG plus from me X3

IDrewFelix
11-18-2005, 04:23 AM
SCII is better then SCIII imo. I feel like SCIII became more noob/buttonmash friendly which really destroys the game.

At least Talim is still in there, they did one thing right.

*phoenix*
11-18-2005, 06:26 AM
I just bought it today, but i found soul calibur and soul calibur 2 quite easy compared to the original soulblade, that career mode was badass

zippyelf
11-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I played it with my older brother and we've decided to make Ivy's victorian looking costume and Voldo's sun/moon costume.

annieduck
11-19-2005, 12:52 PM
I'd rather like to do an amy costume. Sure, she isn't one of the major characters, per se, but, I really like her costume and it looks to be pretty comfortable.

KurzesHaar
11-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Does anyone have any good pictures/screenshots of Yunsung's 2p outfit? My fiance is thinking about doing it, but I can't find any pics of the lower half of his costume -_-;;; I've only got the top half...and nothing of the back either, so if anyone has any, please let me know! thanks

Infinitywulf
11-22-2005, 02:25 AM
I'm looking at making Voldo's leather/bondage type gear outfit... Dang that thing looks kickass... Anyway, just in the planning stages now, but thought I'd mention it. :D

Cesario
11-22-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm looking at making Voldo's leather/bondage type gear outfit... Dang that thing looks kickass... Anyway, just in the planning stages now, but thought I'd mention it. :D

Sad thing is, most of that stuff can be bought from an S&M shop. :thumbsup:

Infinitywulf
11-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Sad thing is, most of that stuff can be bought from an S&M shop. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I was actually thinking that myself... Man Voldo and his whacky self eh? The first time I saw Voldo's outfit like that I pretty much went, ":mfg: They brought out the gimp!!!"

I can't wait to see the looks I get walking around Baltimore in that for Otakon... :eeek:

LaPetiteSalope
11-24-2005, 08:42 PM
I am SO making Talim's outfit. I wish there were better screenshots though....

LaPetiteSalope
11-24-2005, 08:43 PM
:thumbsup: I was actually thinking that myself... Man Voldo and his whacky self eh? The first time I saw Voldo's outfit like that I pretty much went, ":mfg: They brought out the gimp!!!"

I can't wait to see the looks I get walking around Baltimore in that for Otakon... :eeek:

Voldo's new outfit reminds me of a sunflower...O_____o;;

o0marikit0o
11-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey miss Kagomechan, I just PMed you talim stuff. I will have more as i progress. we can work on this together. perhaps ill chat with you sometime

HAPPY TURKEY DAY

ACXchan
11-24-2005, 11:21 PM
::SNORT:: I love that XD

Infinitywulf
11-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Heh until I saw the moon on the back I thought it looked kinda similar. Now just imagine Voldo dancing for a sunflowers seed commercial "singing a song"... "Errr, mrr eer gack urr mhhpht glarg!"

Thankfully I will not be "sunflower" Voldo... He looks to cheery to be deadly. ;)

LaPetiteSalope
11-25-2005, 01:20 PM
haha like those sunflowers who wear sunglasses and dance whenever they hear you clap your hands? Kind of the same with Voldo...except with claws...and instead of dancing...he'll murder you.

ACXchan
11-25-2005, 03:13 PM
That's Voldo's ultimate disguise XD

Sorahana
11-26-2005, 04:18 PM
I did my Talim 2p costume (color edit) for AUSA. You can check it out in my gallery XD. I'm just missing tonfas and the armbands and need to finish up the hat XD. But I'm happy with it!!

I have ALOT of SCIII people I wanna cosplay...one of which is Amy's 2p outfit...of which pictures do not exist ;_; lol.

ilikeyaoi
11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
im going to anime boston so yea we could fight lol.

Oh, a Sieggy at AB (Late, I know) one of my line-up costumes may change to an SCIII character, depending on some masquerade issues and such. I'd probably either do Kilik or Yunsung, so maybe later on, closer to the con, we could plan a Soul Calibur gathering.

I'm stuck on my own costume, though. I can't choose between 1p Kilik and 1p Yunsung, they both make me so happy! (The crossplay will be a challenge, but I'll deal with that when it comes down to it.

kyandi-chan
11-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Need...more pictures of Xianghua's 2nd player costume. I love the 1p costume, but I just happen to have lots of pretty black fabric for the 2p costume.

Someone should make Octopus Yoshimitsu. That guy is now creepier than Voldo (well in this game, anyhow)

Sorahana
11-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Need...more pictures of Xianghua's 2nd player costume. I love the 1p costume, but I just happen to have lots of pretty black fabric for the 2p costume.

Someone should make Octopus Yoshimitsu. That guy is now creepier than Voldo (well in this game, anyhow)

I have some pics of 2p Xianghua I screencapped from the game XD lol.
I'll pm them to you if you want!

We need many Voldos and Yoshimitsus...because that would be awesome XD.

LaPetiteSalope
11-28-2005, 11:55 AM

AHAHAHHA! SOO true! Octopus Yoshimitsus and Sunflower Voldos! YAYY!

ACXchan
11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
AHAHAHHA! SOO true! Octopus Yoshimitsus and Sunflower Voldos! YAYY!
That's some kinky fetish thing going on XD

TwistedFates
11-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know any good reference pictures for Nightmare? And if possible (but most likely impossible to find) one of the shopkeeper. I need the one for the shopkeeper in the blue dress and fights with tambourines like a dancer. I really need it for a skit, but if you can't find it, that's okay

(btw, the nightmare is for my friend, not me)

Danzikumaru
11-28-2005, 09:16 PM

All of the normal characters can be viewed from almost any angle in their Profile mode....and I believe it can be done for the extra characters (including the shop girls) in the color edit mode... Also, the shopgirl you are thinking of is Lynette the Armorer

TwistedFates
11-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Heh, thank you! I think I can probably borrow the game if my cousins come for winter break (i dont own the game. that's why i need pictures online or from game strategy books)

Sorahana
11-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Heh, thank you! I think I can probably borrow the game if my cousins come for winter break (i dont own the game. that's why i need pictures online or from game strategy books)

XD This is why I'm a goofball. I take screenshots of the their costumes even if the pics kinda look bleh, but at least its a help.
I'm trying to unlock the shopkeepers again because I either wanna do Hualin or Valeria at some point.

And btw....Lynette is awesome XD!!!!

Dakota
11-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Sould Calibur II > Soul Calibur III....in my humble opinion >_>

Mitsurugi looks better in SCII, so I'm catching that.

TwistedFates
11-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Sould Calibur II > Soul Calibur III....in my humble opinion >_>

Mitsurugi looks better in SCII, so I'm catching that.

it probably is (i dont know, I havent played the second one, just SC3. 4 battles against my cousins and a weekend of watching them)

But if you thik there are other characters that might be easier, please tell me! ^_^

Master Zero
11-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I'd like to see someone pull off SCIII Ivy. I'd be amazed and in love, yo ^^

ilikeyaoi
11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd like to see someone pull off SCIII Ivy. I'd be amazed and in love, yo ^^

Oh, the idea of that much double sided tape hurts me XD

Master Zero
11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Lol!!! >=d

LaPetiteSalope
12-01-2005, 08:14 AM
it probably is (i dont know, I havent played the second one, just SC3. 4 battles against my cousins and a weekend of watching them)

But if you thik there are other characters that might be easier, please tell me! ^_^

Yeah. I personally like the second one better too. For some reason, something about the new Soul Calibur III makes me tick....is it the new graphics? The backrounds? The new character designs? I'm not sure, but it seems not like it's just an additional add on to SCII.

I don't like Setsuka (as a character---sorry guys) and Ivy's new 2P design. I really think Ivy's 1P is really pretty<<someone should cosplay her!!!

AgentMichi
12-03-2005, 05:54 AM
I'm getting antsy-- anyone else going to AX 2006 and want me as their Cassandra?

I'm looking for a Sophitia. ;)

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
12-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Mm, I'm doing Talim 2P~! I have all the materials... But, I'm still a bit stumped on her Hat. It's really a weird shaped hat... Like, it fits your head shape and makes like a tip at the end. Oh, I and I'm also wondering on her top. What sort of material would be elastic enough to support itself up like that? Anyways, any help would be appreciated~! >w<

Lady_Sodina
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Who's tried getting some of the hidden characters in SC3? I'm believe I'm going to be doing Amy from SC3, one of the hidden characters. Sort of hard finding pictures of her, but I've got some decent ones right now, and I'm sure if I play the game enough times I'll be able to get all the details *laughz*

Raiden
12-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I am now making the Player 2 Siegfried costume. It looked SO awesome as soon as I saw it I said "I'm making that. O_O" I've had the game for uhhh 3 days and I've already made most of his shoulder armor, guantlets and that badge part on his chest.

It should be done by January-ish, I think. I'm that into making this one. I just can't decide which Requiem to make. I want to steer away from the 2nd one (gold one) but if I have to, I'll make it. The chainmail's going to be fun to make, too!

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
12-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Who's tried getting some of the hidden characters in SC3? I'm believe I'm going to be doing Amy from SC3, one of the hidden characters. Sort of hard finding pictures of her, but I've got some decent ones right now, and I'm sure if I play the game enough times I'll be able to get all the details *laughz*

I have gotten all of them~! And ti was long and tiresome, but it was all fun in the end. Heh, Amy is a cute one, I love how her dress is all done~! It's so EGL~ Yeah... Well, there is a secret picture of her in the Special Illustrations section. It's a pretty good reference, considering it is an art illustration and it shows her outfit in more detail like front, back, and one of my favorites, her metal skull end thingys on her dress. Oh, and also a "doll" she holds around. Well, anyhoo, you should try looking for that. I recieved theat image as just something if you keep on playing the game... So... Yeah. Hopefully, this can help you? =w=

Sorahana
12-04-2005, 11:15 PM

I'm thinking of doing Amy too...I like her black/white outfit personally. We've unlocked the other hidden characters, we just can't unlock her >_<;; lol.

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I've gotta a bad ass nightmare costume in the works!

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:15 PM
just wait till i finish it.
I even carved the soul edge complete, out of wood.
I still need 2 paint it

TwistedFates
12-05-2005, 03:15 PM
ooooh! Awesome! My friend and I are gonna try to make him a Nightmare costume!

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
ohh yea I'm must agree SCII was much better.

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:18 PM
I would like 2 get a SC cosplay group going. any one interested?

TwistedFates
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh! I totally would, but you probably wouldn't be going to AUSA next year, would you?

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
actually i'm might be. where is it?

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I just got my friend 2 help me make the armor part out of steel & aluiminum.
I'm also not the best at spelling

TwistedFates
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
AUSA is in Vienna, VA. Basically for a genereal idea, half an hour's drive from D.C. That's in November though. I'm planning it for next year.

Hehe. Aluminum. so fun to say out loud.

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
well i'm in ohio and thats not all that fair, i should have my costume done bi then.

TwistedFates
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh yay!! That's the only con I'm allowed to go to right now (seeing I'm a newbie). I'm in for a group then! :-D

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Who r u gonna be at ausa?

TwistedFates
12-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm gonna be Lynette (the shopkeeper w/ a blue dress) and my friend is going with me as Nightmare

Toast-chan
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
which nightmare is he/her.
I'm gonna be his pl1 from scII

TwistedFates
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Ummm.... that we haven't decided yet... Heh. I'm doing one from SC3 (the only one i have access to. And only for winter break)

Do you have AIM/MSN/Yahoo? It'd be easier than using the forum

Syrei
12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I've been having fun with the Create-A-Soul feature in SCIII, although some of my characters come out with a little more skin showing than I would ever dream of cosplaying. D:

This is the first character I successfully finished and haven't edited since:
Concept Gallery (http://photobucket.com/albums/v88/emifox/SCIII%20Concept/)

That gallery is mainly for my personal use, so I can find patterns and fabric that might match up. I have the beret already, and I need new frames for my glasses anyway. x3

Thoughts?

TwistedFates
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Ohh, that's great! I love the Create-a-character feature. Your character's design is very well done! Everything coordinates, and the colors are good (unlike my cousins who make all black or all white characters).

Tell us how it goes!

Myoubi
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I very much like your original Character, Syrei. It's very French, and classy looking. I've mainly been using the Create-A-Soul for amusement, more than making playable characters. You can make quite a few interesting characters once you unlock most of the armour. And KOS-MOS.. I about died when I found out she's in there.

The only thing about Cosplaying your original character form Soul Calibur 3, and I think this was discussed early on in teh thread, is will anyone recognize you as that? I suppose if you make it well enough, it will just catch people's eye anyways.. or you could just make the Soul Calibur from whatever their class is. That could work too. XD

Good luck with your costumes everyone, please keep us posted about your progress.. I'm dying to see more SCIII Love. <3

Uthardar
12-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah, my heart says Amy, but my sword says IVy

Master Zero
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I agree with you there, Uthardar.

And Myoubi, you're Tira cosplay looke tight! I like it.

Uthardar
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, my heart says Amy, but my sword says IVy

I hope that did'nt make me sound like a fanboy.

Because, I,m not!:mad:

Master Zero
12-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Me neither, dammit!

Nadeshiko
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up in the thread, but I would really appreciate it if someone gave me a SC site that has good reference pictures for Talim.

Danzikumaru
12-13-2005, 03:56 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up in the thread, but I would really appreciate it if someone gave me a SC site that has good reference pictures for Talim.

There are several unlockable in the game....I might add that those are the ONLY pictures of her...also, beating the game with her unlocks her profile, and you can get a nearly full 360 view of both of her costumes.

Imari-chan
12-13-2005, 10:43 AM
I did Taki's 2p costume, I didn't do the back hair though but I liked the costume how it came out. Next time I will do the hair. Take a look at some of the photos. :) I hope to take some more photos once the whole costume is worn, I didn't wear the shin guards and the thigh high wrap things she has. Next time I will, but the whole costume is mostly there. (^^)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=546011
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=546010
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=545858
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=545665
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=545149

the Jess
12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
You know what? I tried catching up with this topic, but I... @___@ I think I'll just jump in. *YAY JUMP!*

You know, as far as cosplay goes... I'm PRETTY sure that I'm going to end up doing a Sorel cosplay. Be it Raphael (MORE THAN LIKELY knowing me!!!! XD!) or Amy, it's so calling me. And since I only have one other costume to do before I do that one... XD I'm running out of excuses.

Nadeshiko
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
There are several unlockable in the game....I might add that those are the ONLY pictures of her...also, beating the game with her unlocks her profile, and you can get a nearly full 360 view of both of her costumes.

And is there any place online where I can find these pictures?

Danzikumaru
12-13-2005, 02:43 PM

Probably so, but like I said, the best feature as far as cosplay goes are the view features in a characters profile. You're best bet it to actually get the game and beat it with Tira.

Nietsche
12-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Probably so, but like I said, the best feature as far as cosplay goes are the view features in a characters profile. You're best bet it to actually get the game and beat it with Tira.

Hmm..that's kinda strange but I'm sure that all character profiles are readily available without beating the game with the characters.

Syrei
12-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Ohh, that's great! I love the Create-a-character feature. Your character's design is very well done! Everything coordinates, and the colors are good (unlike my cousins who make all black or all white characters).

Tell us how it goes!
Thanks. :3

I always worry if the color scheme gets knocked around too much, since I don't really know enough about what colors look good together...

Hopefully winter/summer breaks will give me time to work on it. I'll be sure to post some photos!

Cesario
12-16-2005, 03:38 AM

Lemme introduce you to a new concept on the internet called Image Boards, which were first popularized by the Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_board

KurzesHaar
12-16-2005, 04:44 PM
these are some links to SCIII galleries, most of which were posted up in the thread already, a few I might have stumbled across on my own...
anyway, hopefully you'll find some Talim pics
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm (scroll down and click on the "SCIII profile update" link, and that gives you lots of pics when you scroll down on that page too)
http://soulcalibur3.namco.com/index.php (flash site, but it gives some decent pics)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soulcaliburiii/screenindex.html

You'll have to do some searching, but there'll at least be some talim pics. Hope that helps

SupikaStaru
12-29-2005, 02:30 AM
I hope there will be many SCIII cosplayers next year...since I think the costumes in the new game are more elaborate than its predecessors.

The panning is horrible in the character profiles. Can't even see the footwear or the small designs clearly.

KurzesHaar, those websites are great! It makes searching for ref. pictures much easier!

I wonder if people would recognize someone if they cosplayed Catherina Sforza as a pirate from the character creation mode...I was surprised when I found out it was possible to make her in the game.

Uthardar
12-29-2005, 02:45 AM
thanks!

audioventchick
12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm seriously debating whether or not to do a Setsuka cosplay (in her original outfit).... her uh, dress design, looks really complex. It would be hard to do, but if I do cosplay as her I'd definitely want to have as much detailing as possible.

SupikaStaru
12-31-2005, 02:37 AM
Please make Setsuka...I'm in love with her character. :P

Imari-chan
01-01-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm wondering which cosplay from Soul Calibur III to do next. I might do Taki's body suit version... since I did her second player costume already. Who knows, I might try someone else from there. Anyone have any ideas what would be a good idea for me? Just to know for fun hehe. (^^)

Bloodsin
01-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Im currently in the works of a Seigfried cosplay (The one with long blonde hair and white armor. I already have the Requiem finished im just working on the armor now.

TwistedFates
01-02-2006, 12:46 AM
*gasp* Yay for Siegfried. Sadly, I can't cosplay anyone from Soul Caliber anymore, seeing my budget is VERY limited and my fabric stores I visit have limited selections.

Crazy Neko CJ
01-02-2006, 04:23 AM
All of the costumes look so difficult. It's hard to choose what to cosplay, if I want to cosplay them.

So far, the most simple costume seems to be Sophitia's first costume. XD Now only if I can convince my parents to let me wear it?

Edit: Other than Sophitia, anyone know any other good SC3 costumes that I can try that are EASY and appropriate that parents wouldn't mind seeing?

ilikeyaoi
01-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Ah, so many costumes I want to do! From screen shots alone before I got the game I wanted to do Yun-seong or Kilik... now it's far too hard to decide, since I've seen every angle! I still want to do Kilik, but not so much Yun-seong anymore. I liked his SCII costume better. I'd also like to do Xianghua's black outfit, or Talim's 1P outfit, or Siegfried's 1P (mmm... armor). I may also consider doing Cassandra, if I get the chance. I want to give Tira a shot, too, I love her first player outfit.

So many desicions! Tell me what you guys think.

Jun_Kazama
01-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Does any body know of a good wig to use for Ivy's hair? Is it just me or are decent white wigs hard to find? She's got that bit of a side part too. :/
Also, does any body have any reference pictures of Maxi from SC1 in his red/black/zebra print costume?

A freind and I are doing these costumes for Acen and I want to get them finished well in advance. ^_^"

ilikeyaoi
01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Any shoulder length white wig should do (Check around the cosplay.com shop or amphigory.com), you'll need to change the part, most wigs only come with a mid-part (you can PM me for directions). It will also require a lot of razor-cutting.

Aisha-chan
01-04-2006, 04:50 AM
Finding a wig won't be a problem. I know for a fact that they sell silver/white colors of wigs here in the c.com shop.

But yes, razor cutting will be necessary to get it right, or else you'll have a wierd bob cut.

Jun_Kazama
01-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I checked the cosplay.com shop but couldn't find any white ones in any of the shorter wigs I might have been able to use. The closest I found was Platinum Blonde but that looked sortof tinted yellowish.
The only one I could find in silver white was one of the long wigs. I guess I can order that as a last resort, but it just seems like a bit of a waste to cut off that much hair. ^_^"

ilikeyaoi
01-04-2006, 07:44 PM
There's always the Femme Fatale (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_femme_fatale.html) wig from Amphigory in "Lily".

pearle
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
currently, still thinking to do cassie, xiang hua or amy....
so hard to think...
what do u guys suggest?

Imari-chan
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
currently, still thinking to do cassie, xiang hua or amy....
so hard to think...
what do u guys suggest?

You should do Amy since her costume is really awesome. :D And not many has done Amy yet also, it would be cool. I need to think what I have to do next... :p

pearle
01-06-2006, 04:28 AM
You should do Amy since her costume is really awesome. :D And not many has done Amy yet also, it would be cool. I need to think what I have to do next... :p

amy looks pretty~
but xianghua and cassie looks good too~~ *tempted* xDxD

Imari-chan
01-06-2006, 04:38 AM
amy looks pretty~
but xianghua and cassie looks good too~~ *tempted* xDxD

XD It's mostly up to you. In all Soul Calibur costumes all rock. XD Like me, I'm doing several. (*.*) because it's too cool. :p

pearle
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
i can't wait to see ur completed SC costumes!!!!

Imari-chan
01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
i can't wait to see ur completed SC costumes!!!!

:) I've done Taki already. Just didn't wear the shin guards for the photoshoot and the hair I didn't put it up in the back. (^^); But everything was all done and made hehe. http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=31684&member=29244

Thejesuslizard
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/belovedsorel/amyimages.html

for people trying to do amy this should really help out the process. I stumbled on it. Same with raphael.

Danzikumaru
01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/belovedsorel/amyimages.html

for people trying to do amy this should really help out the process. I stumbled on it. Same with raphael.

Hmm...experienced lolita cosplayers should have no trouble with her, now that I've gotten a better look at her...

pearle
01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
:) I've done Taki already. Just didn't wear the shin guards for the photoshoot and the hair I didn't put it up in the back. (^^); But everything was all done and made hehe. http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=31684&member=29244

Looks cool!!!!!

halikanchan
01-29-2006, 01:21 PM
i'm sorry if this is out of topic and administrator, please feel free to delete this post if necessary

but anyway, does anyone have any links to japanese soul calibur sites?

Crazy Flower
01-31-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm considering doing a Zasalamel crossplay (ugh, the chainmail) But there's really not a good shot of his shoulder plates (most of the shots are straight on, and only show the side angle) Anyone got some decent pictures I could use? Would be a great help.

AllStarAlice
02-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any good pictures of Xianghua's 1p costume, or her other black dress costume (I'm not sure if its 2 or 3p.)

So I'm looking for more pics of these:

1p:
http://virak.free.fr/diary/images/xianghua.jpg

Black dress pic is attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Viciouspurr
02-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi, im really new here so please bear with me. I have been desperately looking for good photos of tira's alt outfit. The kind of school girl/goth dress. If anyone has any please let me know! Thanks!

Jenphi
02-22-2006, 02:24 PM

Oooh, very nice! :D What did you use for the white flower designs on the back and sides?
I love the high lacy stockings... very cool. ;)

LaPetiteSalope
02-22-2006, 07:14 PM
I need some nice screenshots of the bottom of Talim's 1p pants. Anyone kind enough to send me some?

Imari-chan
02-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Oooh, very nice! :D What did you use for the white flower designs on the back and sides?
I love the high lacy stockings... very cool. ;)

I can't wait to rewear my costume. And I'm planning to make another Taki costume or one of the other SC character costumes. I did the flower designs by fabirc paint. All done by hand and fabric paint hehe~

HuongStar
02-23-2006, 09:13 AM
these are some links to SCIII galleries, most of which were posted up in the thread already, a few I might have stumbled across on my own...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm (scroll down and click on the "SCIII profile update" link, and that gives you lots of pics when you scroll down on that page too)

You'll have to do some searching, but there'll at least be some talim pics. Hope that helps
Thank you so much for that link! I've been trying to find it (again) for the past couple of weeks.

trance
02-28-2006, 06:33 PM
any fabric suggestions for amy's costume? i was thinking pleather for the corset part, but then i don't know what to make the skirt out of....

Danzikumaru
02-28-2006, 06:43 PM

Pleather? Oh no dear, I'd suggest finding a good quality satin, or even silk if you are willing to splurge. This is one of those few costumes were silk is appropriate.

LizardMandy
02-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Hehe, for Katsucon 2007 (it's my only convention every year, so what if I'm planning early?) I want to do Olcadan's owl-headed version. :)

Which would be practice making mascot heads and armor for my ultimate goal of a Soul Calibur II style Lizard Man. Woot! Already done a Sophitia and Raphael, hehehe.

Soul Calibur makes such lovely sources for cosplaying...what, namco fangirl, me? yeah...

trance
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
those sound good for amy too, i'd just be worried about support...*is a d-cup*
that's why i was opting for the pleather.

man, soul calibur costumes are awesome...

LizardMandy
02-28-2006, 09:18 PM
You could always cover a bra that has proper support with the fabric of choice, use clear straps on the bra to keep it up. Maybe that would work?

Danzikumaru
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
those sound good for amy too, i'd just be worried about support...*is a d-cup*
that's why i was opting for the pleather.

man, soul calibur costumes are awesome...

Well, not to sound negative, but if you're that large in that particular measurment, perhaps Amy is not the best choice for a costume. Amy is a tiny, petit girl, and her costume reflects that. It's designed to look appealing on people of her body type. Soul Calibur has a plethora of other female characters that would be more fitting to your body type, and be the most flatering to your figure.

Actually, having seen your photo gallery, my suggestions would be for Luna or Abelia, either of their costumes.

trance
02-28-2006, 10:59 PM
i appreciate your comments, but i'd have to disagree. i totally see your point, but accuracy isn't always the best part of cosplay, i personally do it for the creativity. i have yet to do a loli costume, and amy's design appealed to me. i think that if everyone were limited to costumes that only "worked" (for lack of a better word at the moment) for their body tyes, cosplayers would be in short supply. after all, we have beautiful women that are over 100 pounds cosplaying as gunner yuna's, chii's, and rikku's; not to mention men that cosplay as female characters and vice-versa. so, i guess what i'm saying is, that you can work around what you're given, for the most part. it's certainly not impossible to go strapless with a large chest, you just need to love boning and non-stretch fabric. to get back on topic...

i've considered luna and abelia's costumes, and they're alright, they just don't really strike me.

ps-i really hope i don't sound too harsh, i really do appreciate your imput, just throwing some ideas out there.

Danzikumaru
02-28-2006, 11:54 PM

Well, I wasn't adressing body types from a point of astetics so much as from the ease of making your costume. But, if you do insist, and have the money to afford it, I'd suggest silk. That stuff is as tuff as nails, and with the right amount of effort, will support you beautifully.

Miss Juliette
03-01-2006, 06:23 AM
I was commissioned to make Raphael's (Now affectionately dubbed "Mr. Fancy-Pants ^^) P1 costume from SCIII.

I have only 3 things to say on the matter.

1. I hate embroidery.
2. I hate velvet.
3. I hate leather.

>_<; This cosplay kinda makes me want to kill myself. lol

Crazy Flower
03-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I just finishing doing the major parts of a zasalamel costume.

I hate keychains, and vinyl.

My hands are now sore and calloused.

Yukimura Sanada
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I was commissioned to make Raphael's (Now affectionately dubbed "Mr. Fancy-Pants ^^) P1 costume from SCIII.

1. I hate embroidery.
2. I hate velvet.
3. I hate leather.

I want to make that cosplay too.......I have a problem with the leather armor, I don't want to buy leather.......alternatives ???

Jenphi
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM

1. I hate embroidery.
2. I hate velvet.
3. I hate leather.

Awww, poor thing. :( I did Raphael 1p from SCII, so if you have any questions, give me a jingle... They're all just very touchy things...

Crazy Flower
03-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Zasalamel is done! It's in my gallery ATM. I'm just pleased to have it finished. Took a lot of work, and a lot of love. There may be some things to finish, but I'm happy with it for now.

ACXchan
03-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Progress is slow on my front. I picked up a beautiful rich aubergine velvet for my SCIII 2P Raphael and have been working on his mask ^ ^;?

ArsenalFierce13
03-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Zasalamel is done! It's in my gallery ATM. I'm just pleased to have it finished. Took a lot of work, and a lot of love. There may be some things to finish, but I'm happy with it for now.

It looks great! I really like how you did the chain mail part. Are those keychain rings, since I saw you mentioned them a few posts up?

And I have come to the conclusion I MUST COSPLAY SETSUKA. I had wanted to do it anyway because I really liked the design, but I finally played SCIII for the first time last night (I had the game but not a working tv). After seeing her in action, she's definitely been bumped up on the priority list. I've already been brainstorming, although I still think the umbrella and possibly the painting will present some challenges.

Crazy Flower
03-08-2006, 12:01 AM
It looks great! I really like how you did the chain mail part. Are those keychain rings, since I saw you mentioned them a few posts up?

Yep. Over 2300 rings together, one at a time. A good score or two on ebay in bulk and some supplemental sets did it. It weighs a lot and is a pain to put on, but when on, it's not that bad.

ArsenalFierce13
03-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Yep. Over 2300 rings together, one at a time.

Wow. I applaude you!

Infinitywulf
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Well I think I've got Voldo pretty much planned out, now I just need to start gathering the materials and putting it together... So far to me it looks like I'll need one "flesh tone" bodysuit (I know, everyone sighs with relief! :D), a second orange bodysuit that I may need to actually stitch to the first to get it to postion right what with the holes and all in it... Lots of leather and/or vinyl for strappage and such (thinking vinyl for cost, plus color ease), lots of wonderflex for armor and manas and ayus. Still debating on which one of his weapons to make. Oh, I forgot... Lots of nerve to actually wear the darn thing out once I get it finished. :D I just hope I don't get stopped by the cops, I don't think they'll appriciate me grunting at them. :p

And actually, there's no chance in heck that I won't wear this once I finish it... I'm going to enjoy the heck outta it. I can't wait to enter into a competiton with it, crabwalk up to the judges (I can), and procede to give them a bit of Voldo grunt snort love. I figgure they either recoil in horror or love me right there. ;)

Daala
03-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I know this is a SC3 are, but this is where all the current info is... anywhoo this is my question...has anyone seen an Assassin (sc2) cosplay? I'm trying to pin down the sword. I know it's hwang's sword, but the hilt is a diffrent.

Update:
My cousin's (kerochan) Tira outfit has a malfuction at Katsucon so we're gonna fix it and try it again at Otakon. Also she'll have a new weapon , I think it's called "Bifrost" I'll post some images of the progess soon. We also hope to have her Xianghua 2p outfit for otakon as well.

It seems Oburi Shima will once again where a mitsurugi outfit for me ^_^ , I just need to start working on the armor. I have a total of 2 piece done...LOL! and I found a tiger for the kimono so we'll see how that turns out.

As for myself, I haven't even started my Xianghua outfit (1st player edit color). I've take on the task of making Assassin and I have the helmet done, I'm working on the sword.

wish me luck...LOL! I have SC and Bleach outfits to make....ahg!

Shermie Rei
03-11-2006, 11:13 PM
IVy is cool,but someone want to be VOODOO? what a sexy guy he is!^_^

Shelbbyy
03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Voodoo?
Isn't it Voldo?

Infinitywulf
03-12-2006, 12:19 AM
*grins* Thanks Shermie Rei and Shelbbyy. I'm actually hoping to have it finished by August in time for Otakon, but we'll see how complicated the armor / straps / weapons get for me in the time I have to work with it. :D I'll update with photos now that I have a new camera (Yay!) with any progress.

Shelbbyy
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I was always afraid of Voldo.
I hope that you do a good job.. yeah..

Shermie Rei
03-12-2006, 04:44 AM
I think you can find lillyxandera for help,if you have some.her Ivy is so pretty,may be she can give you some advice for voodoo, oh yeah,you can use anthor weapon,eg:the knifes of Taki,it`s easy to make the knife,i`ll watch you .wish you good job.

ilikeyaoi
03-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Yep. Over 2300 rings together, one at a time. A good score or two on ebay in bulk and some supplemental sets did it. It weighs a lot and is a pain to put on, but when on, it's not that bad.

Wow, you did a great job on his cosplay. I can't wait to see you at Anime Boston! I'll be doing Kilik from the first game.