PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi's Hotsuma

OnaiXun
01-26-2003, 08:21 PM
after realizing that 14 year old, 1st time cosplayer couldnt make a decent celestin, ive changed my proposal to make hotsuma from the game shinobi, i was wondering if you guys had any tips that i could use like where to get started, what fabric i should use, armor tips, etc. anything at all helps, ^.^, thxerz

TheLoneWolf
01-26-2003, 08:44 PM
*sigh*

Having done Shinobi's Hotsuma as A first time cosplay,I can only say this:

IT IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

Lemme see..........IMO,one of the simplest ways to do this is:

1)Get a pair of black pants and a black sheer shirt
2)Get a long red scarf and sword (make it either out of cardboard or balsa wood.both are *very* fragile)
3)Armour:
I would advise heavily interfacing (essentially making stiffer,like your shirt collars,comes in stitch-on,and iron-on interface types) a length of black cloth cut out in the shape of the armour,and then attaching the front and back armour pieces together.

For the Leg armour,the simplest way would be to cet out cardboard pieces,overlap and glue them together.Spray paint the armour the either velcro or stitch it to the pants.

His gauntlets are......hard......the simplest way to do those would be a gauntlet that covers around 3/4's around your wrist and then running elastic or velcro to keep it there,before which you can use duct tape to build the "body" of the gauntlets,while sticking&wrapping pencils in the gauntlet and wrapping them with duct tape to make the shuriken in the gauntlet.Spray Paint the gauntlets black and the shuriken silver (I think they are silver....but i forget,if not,just do the whole thing black)

Shape his headpiece out of some crayola model magic (available from your local wal-mart) and affix it to a black helmet (or spray paint a non-black one black)

I think I've covered everything here,drop me a pm if you have any questions.

OnaiXun
01-26-2003, 09:08 PM
i just thought about using AA's technique to do the whole foam and plastic thing for the armor
and for the upper shirt i was thinking about using spandex, i wanna make it good, ^^; im also getiin help from my cousin and his my mom who are great with sewing, and my uncle is gettin me the spandex for free since he works at a factory, i think i have i have a good chance with their help no?, i dunno, anyways thx for your suggestion

TheLoneWolf
01-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Yes,go for it!
I was just going for the *simplest* way to do it.IMO,and i AM speaking from experience,keep costumes like these on your "to do" list till you gain some exp.