PDA

View Full Version : Pocky stand

Rogue Marvel
08-22-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't know if alot of people remember or care but last year I went to PMX as the pocky lady wearing the pocky stand! People really seemed to get a big kick out of it last year and had really wanted to do it again, but I'm not sure if its worth the effort.

(here is a photo for refrence http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=318104 )

I had really wanted to make a version that would last more then one con, but I don't have the money. I could do my traditonal one con version, but it still money and work and I'm not sure if people are really that intrested in seeing it again.

If I get enough feedback I'll remake it as a request but if not....I'm not sure.

Should I remake it for PMX?

SuzukaZakuro
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
I thought the Pocky stand was really cute and creative when I saw it last year. And from what I saw, people seemed to be liking it a lot. ^^ I read that you even got the stand signed by a guest of honor! Everyone loves Pocky!

As for remaking it, it really depends on you. If you want to spend the money, you could make it a PMX tradition or something. (Or make it a traveling Pocky stand and go to other cons with it or a similar one.) It could also have been a one time only thing. The possibilities are endless.

Rogue Marvel
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
yeah well I was thinking of I make it again this year it could be a PMX staple.

and I did get it signed by all the anime and manga guests of honor! it was funny! They were like "why pocky?" "because its really popular here in the states!" "Why?"
^_^ Good times

SuzukaZakuro
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
A PMX-only pocky stand would be neat.

The guests asked why Pocky? Why not pocky? *laughs* That must've been fun.

shogun
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Now if you only when to Marukai before the con, you could get rich. They were having their 50 cent pocky deal and men's pocky for about $1.19...

Mike

Rogue Marvel
08-22-2005, 08:28 PM
well I not going to sell it lol

actually I think if I do it this year I'm going to buy a few boxes of pocky so I really can hand some out for free. But if I run out I won't buy any more but I will take donations to keep it going and I'll do somthing nice for people who donate.

dst
08-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Do it! ^_^

I'd 'donate' for 'free' pokey.

kabuki_KILLER
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
**looks forward to seeing the pocky stand and taking pics with it**

I'd donate some dollars as well.

Rogue Marvel
08-24-2005, 11:45 PM
ok I think I am going to make a new stand. I really think I'll have to make a few changes in the design tho. I just remembered that Long beach can be rather windy and a costume made out of styrofoam (especally with a big thin sign across the top) probably isn't the best idea,

We shall see. I've already drafted a few changes for the actually presentation and for what the new stand will say, but not sure how I'm going to make it yet

abellabella
09-02-2005, 04:33 AM
I hope to see you again!! Thanks for my Pocky last year, I was a Pocky virgin 'till i met you! ~_^ xD

3 cheers for Pocky Stand!

Rogue Marvel
09-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Let just hope I get it done in time this year!

Still trying out how to make it out of wood so I can actually carry it.

But yes...look for me and the pocky goodness!

DaBossKnight
09-04-2005, 07:59 AM
You where the person at the Bleach Gathering right?
I have all these images of you being worshiped by the Bleach cast.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=23644&member=4223
(Look on page 5)

xmissxhellx
09-04-2005, 11:05 AM
I think you should make the pocky stand again! its so cute!!! ^-^

then people will forever remember you as the pocky stand lady for an entire 2 years in a row! yay!!!

*sniff* if only i could be there to see it! T-T

OniCourseMusha
09-05-2005, 01:36 PM
That pocky stand rock! And I got it on tape!! "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I know u guys want this!"

Rogue Marvel
09-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I want to see it!

Thanks to everyone who suported my little endever this year. I had a blast! I really wish I could have been around today to keep handing out more pocky but I had work.

It was alot of fun..I'll definitly do it again next year!

Nekobo
09-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Heyo! Thanks for giving me, my girlfriend, and my pal Asuma's Fire free Pocky during the Naruto photo shoot Sunday morning. Mucho appreciated!