PDA

View Full Version : Games that give you nightmares

katnap007
01-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Anyone have a game that's scarier than movies? Something that keeps you up at nights?

I suggest Fatal Frame for the brave PS2'ers. :eek: It's the scariest thing I've ever seen. I think I've reverted to the time I was afraid of the dark because of that game!
It's based on a true story and the game has vocals, so the ghosts talk to you.
www.darkstation.com/reviews/ images/ps2_fatal_frame.jpg

diqitaldreams
01-27-2003, 11:13 AM
I thought Parasite Eve was a good, no great, game...but there was that one scene...where that dog's head split in two and I wanted to cry. @_@ ;; .. I love dogs..but that was just freaky scary!!!!

Celine
01-27-2003, 11:19 AM
There are some games which make me a bit jumpy, but nothing can compete with the creep factor of Fatal Frame. That game is something! I've heard some people say it's too cheesy like the RE series, but I found it much better. Part of that might be because instead of shooting zombies with big freaking guns, you're using a *camera* to get rid of these ghosts. Brrr! You have to play it in the dark with the volume turned up.

BannSidhe
01-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by katnap007
Anyone have a game that's scarier than movies? Something that keeps you up at nights?

I suggest Fatal Frame for the brave PS2'ers. :eek: It's the scariest thing I've ever seen. I think I've reverted to the time I was afraid of the dark because of that game!
It's based on a true story and the game has vocals, so the ghosts talk to you.
www.darkstation.com/reviews/ images/ps2_fatal_frame.jpg

I'd like to know what "real story" Fatal Frame is based on myself...

I do have to agree with it being VERY creepy though. The game really does get freakish especially at night in unlit rooms. It's akin to a movie I love called: Prince of Darkness. The creep factor is awesome. Even if you hit pause you begin to see things...and the way the ghosts move around etc...

Cass and I were constantly jumpy playing it, and I love horror/being scared. This game I can't rave enough about.

The other game that has a high creep factor was Silent Hill 2.(XBOX version) The one on the Box sounded better/looked better and that really comes through while playing.

Mizuho
01-27-2003, 01:38 PM
I used to have strange dreams about Roadrunner's Death Valley Rally and Smartball on SNES. *Crinkles nose*

Fatal Frame sounds worthy of checking out. Does anyone know who Pyramid Head is from Silent Hill 2? CREAK! CREAK! He drags around that giant, heavy blade-- WOAH! It's so creepy!

soshi
01-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Space Channel Five part Two.

Dr. Makoti Jean
01-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Resident Evil the Remake for gamecube off the bat, I haven't play any other scary games than that. But this game has all my fears wrap into those 2 discs.

makio
01-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Eternal Darkness was scary for a little bit due to those fear effects... the classic "bleeding walls" was awesome! But I think the Resident Evil remake on GCN was even more scary. I just wish the controls weren't so stiff in survival horror/thriller games.

Mei Lan Chang
01-27-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm sort of a sissy when it comes to scary games and being all by myself. For example, I cannot play Resident Evil unless someone else is in the room. Heh heh heh....
I know its just a game but if someone else isn't there to comfort me while dogs are leaping at my throat, I practically have heart failure. Constant cardiac arrest isnt really my idea of fun anyway, so I have been known to stick to happy Mario like games.

Recca-kun
01-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Earthbound? Nah, that's a different kind of scary.

Man, I was unnerved for a long time in PE1 Day5 because I knew the T-Rex was coming up soon and I was freaked out that it was going to jump at me or something. Then I got to Day6. x_x That chase scene and music is unbearable.

In general Survival Horror isn't my bag though...

KnuxieChan
01-27-2003, 08:40 PM
>I thought Parasite Eve was a good, no great, game...but there was that one scene...where that dog's head split in two and I wanted to cry. @_@ ;; .. I love dogs..but that was just freaky scary!!!!

*hugs DD*I love PE too! ^.^ PE1 did scare me alittle.. but in PE2 when No.9 first drops down from the helicopter pad I always screamed XD.. He's so cute though..

Reisdent Evil 1,2,3 and Code Veronica ALL scared the shit outta me. I use to play that at night with no lights. I constintly looked over my shoulder ^.^;

Silent Hill 1: OMFG, That scared both me AND my dad. We were up one night playing it (we had the lights on though), we went into a room in the bad school.. and the room was like.. *eerie silence*BANG! We both jumped about 6 inches in the air XD.. Now we've played the games so much, they don't really effect us (Cept SH ~.~ No matter how many times I play that, it'll always scare me)

Now I'm going to curl up and repeat Dahlia's name over and over..

Dahlia Gillespie.. Dahlia Gillespie..

>Does anyone know who Pyramid Head is from Silent Hill 2?

I've seen a pic of him @o.. I'm scared of those manicans.. I never got to play it though. *doesn't have any systems higher in graphics then her Dreamcast*;.;..

psythe
01-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Doom 3 is going to scare hell out of me playing it in the dark, the alpha sure did.

KaineMaxwell
01-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Resident Evil 2..when you're in the interrigation room and out of nowhere the devil dog jumps through the window.

Yautja834
01-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Aliens Vs. Predator for the PC. My god i could never play those marine missions. They were so dark, and the motion tracker never works until the damn aliens have allready jumped out of the shadows and ripped my head off.

Shadow Lady
01-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Silent Hill
Creepy shit. Those creepy little kid/demons. The scene in the locker room. BANG! made both me and my brother jump at least 5 feet in the air. The part with the possesed cop (forgot her name) on the merry-go-round creeped me out soooo much.

Silent Hill 2
Even creepier shit. When this one demon crawled out from under this van it made me jump. Pyramid Head is totally freaky *shudder*. All of the monsters in the game are.

I have never viewed fog the same way again. I didn't help that after I started playing SH2 there was fog outside the next day. It lasted for a week. It it really creepy walking to the bus stop at 6:50 in the morning with it being dark and foggy. I could hardly see the road.

Anyway, I can't wait for Silent Hill 3 to come out.

kelldar
01-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Silent Hill is one of my fav games... can't say it gave me nightmares but it was way creepy. and yeah those little kid demon things!! ahh!!!
I bought Silent Hill 2 but never got far in it *_* I should finish it.

ChibiMoFo
01-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Superman 64 *shivers*

KaitouKurogo
01-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Silent Hill....**shivers and hides under his bed**

According to my mom, way-back-when, I was terrified of Goombas. Y'know, those little mushroom guys in Super Mario Bros. on the original NES. She told me I'd have nightmares, but all I remember was getting really far in the game and getting p.o.ed as one of those little buggers got me at the last second. >.<

Dark Vision
01-28-2003, 12:23 PM
That strange Barbie house game for PC..... not exactly scary but gave me night mares. The people at E-Arena were testing out the game and it happen to be on the movie screen with full out audio. Took me three days to get a good night rest after.

Zephyrs
01-28-2003, 01:41 PM
man I got nightmares in the Lion King for SNES... I was stuck on the.. oh I don't even remember anymore. the elephant graveyard. and they were playing Be Prepared. I was maybe 8 or something and I would have nightmares about having to jump on dead elephants :(

Darkdragonclan6
01-28-2003, 01:50 PM
There is a scene in enternal darkness for Gamecube whre alex (your character) looks at a bathtub and you see a falsh and there is a dead person in there filled with blood then it flashes back it scared the beejesus out of me

Dr. Makoti Jean
01-28-2003, 03:42 PM
OOohh I remember what gave me nightmares when I was lil'. It was this Simpson (from "The Simpsons", duh) game from it think either NES or Genesis. Those green aliens with the glass helmets gave me the hebe jibes! >,<

Yautja834
01-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Darkdragonclan6
There is a scene in enternal darkness for Gamecube whre alex (your character) looks at a bathtub and you see a falsh and there is a dead person in there filled with blood then it flashes back it scared the beejesus out of me

I believe that dead person was Alex. Yeah that was pretty creepy.

katnap007
01-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Aliens Vs. Predator for the PC. My god i could never play those marine missions. They were so dark, and the motion tracker never works until the damn aliens have allready jumped out of the shadows and ripped my head off.

!! Ah! I remember how AvsP scared the heck out of me. That movement tracker just made things worse.
Lol...scared of Goombas Kaitou? That's kind of like how I was scared of Smurfs after this weird 'evil purple smurf' episode.:crylaugh:

Arc_The_Lad
01-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Splatterhouse is pretty scary, escpecially when your 5!

herominus
01-29-2003, 02:41 AM
I remember when Maniac Mansion on NES used to scare the utter fecal matter out of me. Getting caught by aliens was something I _never_ wanted.

artemis316
01-29-2003, 02:54 AM
I'd have to agree that the Fatal Frame, Silent Hill and Resident Evil games are the most that gave me the heebie-jeebies...Parasite Eve and Eternal Darkness wasn't scary, but it did kinda play w/ your mind so even I wasn't sure what was real and what was WTF?! Still...I'd say out of all of them, Resident Evil is the scariest...

I went thru RE Zero recently and got really scared s*itless, especially that part where the dude's head comes off, those lil' leech thingies come out and morph into a zombie...when the head fell off, I seriously jumped out of my chair since I was also playing the game in surround sound and the sound FX were really creeping me out X__X But I still remember going thru RE2 a few years ago and I'd say that's the scariest of all the RE titles...if you haven't played it yet, you'll see what I mean, 'pecially in a surround sound environment...

Believe it or not, the live action RE movie also scared me s*itless...so much in fact, that I almost blacked out, felt like throwing up and walked out of the movie! I don't know what made me do that, but then again, I can never watch a horror film in the theathers. All my friends teased me for doing that since it wasn't a scary movie to them...'Oh, just think of it as a videogame...' one of my friends said. To them I say...well, this is supposed to be a family friendly MB, so I'll stop it from making this into a rant fest thread...>_<

*Catches breathe from minor rant* But despite this setback, I'm still a RE fan...just not the film...

Celine
01-29-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by herominus
I remember when Maniac Mansion on NES used to scare the utter fecal matter out of me. Getting caught by aliens was something I _never_ wanted.

Ahhh! Yeah, that game traumatized me when I was little... especially because you could microwave the hamster and blow it up! Eww! I played it on my Atari ST, and not the NES, but I'm sure it was the same experience. I liked Zak McCracken better because it had aliens, but wasn't nearly as scary. Now that I've played them as an adult, I can appreciate the humor. ^^

I also used to be terrified by the extremely cheesy 7th Guest, that weird PC puzzle game. It's not a bad game (or scary at all), but it was a bit much for me when I was still so young!

Artemis- I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one scared by the RE movie. ^_^ My friends made fun of me too! But it did creep me out... the first time. I was better after that.

Kitty
01-29-2003, 12:50 PM
I think the Britney Dance party game for PS2 Is the one that did it for me. Her songs haunt you in the night . MAKE IT STOOOP!!!!

BannSidhe
01-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Kitty
I think the Britney Dance party game for PS2 Is the one that did it for me. Her songs haunt you in the night . MAKE IT STOOOP!!!!

I'm a....SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEE! :devil:

BannSidhe
01-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Celine

I also used to be terrified by the extremely cheesy 7th Guest, that weird PC puzzle game. It's not a bad game (or scary at all), but it was a bit much for me when I was still so young!

still so young? Jesus...make me feel old. It was out in like 92. I was 17. I loved it :) (the songs even play in my mp3 rotation)

artemis316
01-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Kitty:

Below is a lil' present for you...from your friendly neighborhood white cat. ^.^

...and yesh, people...Arty has this game in his PS2 library, believe it or not!! :D

BannSidhe
01-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by artemis316
Kitty:

Below is a lil' present for you...from your friendly neighborhood white cat. ^.^

...and yesh, people...Arty has this game in his PS2 library, believe it or not!! :D

hey...I liked the game :)

JoeBoeing
01-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Greetings,

I didn't see an answer to the question about Fatal Frame, "True Story" question so I'll answer it here.

The story about the girl looking for her brother who was looking for the writer are made up for the game but the house is real and located outside oof Tokyo and the history in the game about the house it real.

The spirits in the houses history differ from tale to tale but it is known that the house is haunted and ghosts are seen on broad daylight.

There was a tree that was cut down I think in the early 1900's and was used to make other homes and those homes have now experianced weird things such as blood dripping from said wood.

Also the main mansion is known for having bloody hand prints apprear on the walls.

I have a friend who lives in Tokyo and did a school assignment on the house and he told me many freaky things about it. A couple web sites verify this and you can find them on the net by looking up variations of "Fatal Frame True Story" or something.

Quite frankly, the game was scaring me to the point where I can only play it in daylight with lights on after reading the true history of the mansion.

FRom,
Joe

katnap007
01-30-2003, 01:25 AM
Hmm...that explains why bloody handprints appear on the screen when you leave it alone for a while.

Viral Harvest
01-30-2003, 07:12 PM
What about Friday The 13th for NES!? Does anyone not remember the terror of seeing Jason pop out in random Cabins!?!?!?!? I was scared shitless of that and Maniac Mansion! What's scarier than Green people running after you!? Absolutely nothing. :eek:

Sakura Drops
01-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Fatal Frame scared the hebejeebees out of me. ;_; Silent Hill & Resident Evil haunt my dreams too.

Shadow Lady
01-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by kell
Silent Hill is one of my fav games... can't say it gave me nightmares but it was way creepy. and yeah those little kid demon things!! ahh!!!
I bought Silent Hill 2 but never got far in it *_* I should finish it.

I havn't gotten very far yet either. I just got out of the creepy Hospital.

Viral Harvest
01-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Silent Hill...!!! Aiiiiie!!! Babies/Midgets with Knives!! :eek:

Baka Neko
02-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Fatal Frame scared the crap out of me & I wasn't even the playing the friggin' game. lol We had rent it a couple times since we always got lost on the Demon Tag night (possibly the scariest night...and longest x.x) Thing that scared us the most was when we were walking up the porch stairs & this little girl crawls out from underneath, prior to a loud noise. We screamed bloody murder cause we weren't really paying attention & we thought she was going to attack us.

Another definate scare is when you're on your way to the buddha room & a little kid juts by. x.x Words of advice: don't stick your face up against any holes, play by yourself only if you're brave; if you aren't play with one brave friend or two scared friends (that always makes things interesting 'specially when you scream just to scare your other friends). Lastly, play in the dark ^^

Great game, scary BGM (if you can call it that), voice acting is questionable, graphics; nice & dark, In my opinion, ending could have been better...

rpd_girl
02-02-2003, 02:23 PM
my bf and I both would play the newest Resident Evil/Biohazard when they come out for hours and hours and hours...

I dream about RE often (usually if I just played it) but my bf would have really scary ones... and He had REALLY bad dreams about Silent Hill when it 1st came out when we rented it.

When he would go to take me home at night he'd make zombie noises on the way to the car and SCARE ME SO BAD! I love it! I LOVE RE!

shakeystephens
02-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Metal Gear Solid - it's just that crap it makes me want to cry.

Vinya
02-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Silent Hill 2. As somewone who doesn't play a lot of horror games, it was... really scary. Going through those doors in the apartment blocks was just... Eeeek!! ^_^

Neko Cathy
02-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Resident Evil, especially 2 when you have to go to the Autopsy Room. You know that there's most likely gonna be zombies there, but DAMN! They come popping out of the cabinets and that shit is gangsta that I'm screaming like a whimp as I rapid fire. I played Resident Evil alone in the dark before... I rarely become scared or grossed out, but HOLY CRAP! I refuse to ever do it again.

However, I hear that Eternal Darkness is much more freakier and I wanna play it. Damn gamecube.

Kia
02-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Logically it would be RE, but the only time the game ever creeps me out is when my best frined and I are alone in the dark pretending that the zombies are after us (yes, we have no lives ^_^ ) Camping trips become INSANE! ^_^

Neko Cathy
02-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh yea... most of the time when I have a bad dream, it has to do with a RE scenerio... mad people trying to eat me or dead people becoming alive.

rpd_girl
02-12-2003, 04:14 PM
just read the comment on the 7th Guest! OMG... I feel old too, I think I was about 13 or so when it came out... I remeber when it came out and was so scared by the girl who walked down the hall... I remeber thinking "OMG! Those graphics are so amazing!"

TheLoneWolf
02-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Resident Evil.ESPECIALLY part 1.Scared the hell outta me.BUT,there's no doubting the fact that zombie blasting is one addictive pastime!

MikigamiTokiya
02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Silent Hill, thoes damn clock ringing and the fact you can't see anything cept for that tiny illuminating area w/ your flashlight, not to mention the fact it's hard to kill thoes damn things that keep attacking ya.

cyankirby
02-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Hmm, yeah the 7th guest was kinda freaky especially when you're playing it the attic when all the lights are off and you're alone in the house...

Arisa
02-14-2003, 09:24 PM
FFVII. Personal reasons for that.... not gonna explain.

Dr. Makoti Jean
02-19-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by shakeystephens
Metal Gear Solid - it's just that crap it makes me want to cry.

OMG! I can relate to that! I used to get the hebejebess when I played that game. But then it hit me....theres nothing scary about this, theres no ugly zombies, just annoying a$$ guards. >,<

KulaDiamond
02-20-2003, 12:05 AM
....Ok...after reading up on Fatal Frame and the Himura mansion....I think that will scare me more than Silent Hill 2. I can't wait for Silent Hill 3 though...the monsters are gigantic in that one and I feel so bad for that girl...

Kellie
02-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 both in which I've seen played through and finished.

Now onto the nightmare!

My friend had just finished Silent Hill and where I used to go to college, we had one of those weird sirens that went off every now and then. Well I must of heard it before going to sleep because that night ....

.... I woke up in the midst of Silent Hill. ;) I was some super awesome detective and my partner and I were searching for some lost child. And wouldn't you know it! We ended up in the hospital of ALL places. Not the normal hospital mind you. Hell Hospital..Nightmare Hospital..whatever you wanna call it. We decidedly split up and I went wandering into the emergency room, flash light and gun in hand. Upon stumbling inside, I began searching through the destruction, trying my best to avoid the puddles of seemingly fresh blood and what not. Moving along to avoid yucky detailing, I found a glass cabinet that was covered witha cloth. Inside was the little boy who I assumed was dead. Turned out he wasn't, broke through the glass and started screaming for help. Big huge boss monster comes out of no where, eats the boy and starts after me. ^^ Of course I go running, find my partner, flea the hospital and...DUN DUN DUN..

..wake up.

:D And yet I STILL play these games. ^_^ Go me! Go me!

KulaDiamond
02-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Heh. Think of being in a mansion...ropes dangling from the ceiling. You can't get out. It's dark and the only light comes from a flashlight...Then imagine suddenly hearing behind you a scream as a ghost attacks... at least in Silent Hill you got a warning wayyy before you saw the enemy. And after beating it once you could turn off the noise filter to see even better.

Shadow Lady
02-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Kellie
Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 both in which I've seen played through and finished.

Now onto the nightmare!

My friend had just finished Silent Hill and where I used to go to college, we had one of those weird sirens that went off every now and then. Well I must of heard it before going to sleep because that night ....

.... I woke up in the midst of Silent Hill. ;) I was some super awesome detective and my partner and I were searching for some lost child. And wouldn't you know it! We ended up in the hospital of ALL places. Not the normal hospital mind you. Hell Hospital..Nightmare Hospital..whatever you wanna call it. We decidedly split up and I went wandering into the emergency room, flash light and gun in hand. Upon stumbling inside, I began searching through the destruction, trying my best to avoid the puddles of seemingly fresh blood and what not. Moving along to avoid yucky detailing, I found a glass cabinet that was covered witha cloth. Inside was the little boy who I assumed was dead. Turned out he wasn't, broke through the glass and started screaming for help. Big huge boss monster comes out of no where, eats the boy and starts after me. ^^ Of course I go running, find my partner, flea the hospital and...DUN DUN DUN..

..wake up.

:D And yet I STILL play these games. ^_^ Go me! Go me!

Whoa o_O

I scare myself silly sometimes playing silent hill yet I still play. I've beaten 1 and 2 and now I'm counting down untill 3 comes out.

Weird.....

katnap007
02-21-2003, 01:48 AM
Yes...the ropes & kimonos really freaked me out KulaDiamond! I had a kimono hanging in front of my bed & had to remove it from sight to be able to sleep...:eek:
Man....and I thought I'd forgotten what everything looked & sounded like. ::Gets nightlight ready::

KulaDiamond
02-22-2003, 12:32 AM
heh I have yet to unlock the other ending for the game (must beat on hard mode....damn!). I don't know if I want to though, I get chills just knowing the Himura mansion actually exists. The ritual with the mask that blinded the girl is what really got me. I didn't want to play after I saw that clip for a while. Eternal Darkness freaks me out as well, I gave that a shot...I thought I was gonna lose my mind literally with the shiznat the game pulled on me (made me think my phone was ringing, thought i was gonna lose all the game data, etc).

Raincrystal
02-23-2003, 01:05 AM
I had a Suikoden nightmare recently. I was a random Chisha villager during the Harmonian invasion, and we were hiding in a tiny dark underground room, and the conquerors were going to liquidate us. --;;

I always dream about whatever RPG I'm playing at the time, regardless of how much I'm liking it... it just gets into my brain.

robot face
02-23-2003, 09:58 AM
I think a lot of games have scared me, though I never really admitted it to anyone else in the room with me. I've never had a game that made me scream out loud, until I played Fatal Frame. And me, being silly, I didn't think it'd be all that scary because it didn't have a mature rating. But there's something about that game that's horrifying. The faces of the ghosts perhaps, or when you can take random pictures of bodies hidden in trees and whatnot.

A silly game that gave me the creeps was the first clocktower. I can't really play it alone. The graphics are horrible, but it still scares me a bit.

Silent Hill 1 was genius. The imagery isn't as scary as the fact that most of the things happening have no reason to be happening. For instance, walking into an empty school bathroom and hearing a child crying, or seeing a pounding locker burst open with nothing but blood inside. Oh my lord.

A part that made me feel a bit weird and worried in Silent Hill 2 was the game-showesque radio advertisement played in the Hospital elevator. Creepy voice.

Oh, and Parasite Eve 2. Such a lovely game. A part that made me cringe a little was when you're in the deserted land outside of Nevada and you hear a woman screaming from a house which you cannot enter right away because of a locked door. So, you have to wander around back and forth around the house looking for a secret entrance, all the while listening to those high-pitched screams. Wah!

Most survival horror games do get jumps and rapid heart beats from me, but I'd have to say that Fatal Frame, Clocktower 1, PE2 and the very first Silent Hill really did a number on me.

I can't wait for Silent Hill 3. Land ho!

KulaDiamond
02-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Silent Hill 2 freaked me out with the one part where you can enter the bathroom and one of the doors is closed. You can examine it and James/main guy will knock on the door. I did that for a bit (me being the easily amused) and then when I was about to leave the room I hear a girl screaming. That made me jump.

Babbit_Chan
02-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Resident Evil at midnight when you're 8 is NOT going to make you love the game....

Rosiel
02-24-2003, 01:19 PM
> I had a Suikoden nightmare recently.

The worst nightmare I ever had was a Suikoden one actually. ^__^ It felt /so/ real that when I woke up I still felt the pain from the arrows that embedded themselves in my shoulder during the dream. I hate those nightmares, when it takes a minute or so to finally digest that it was not real.

> I was a random Chisha villager during the Harmonian invasion, and we were hiding in a tiny dark underground room, and the conquerors were going to liquidate us. --;;

I was Seed, first planning the defense of L'Renouille, then on the battlefield. I vividly remember Culgan being struck down by a Thunder Rune and my men dying all around me... then retreat being called, my refusing to listen, and my ending up riddled with arrows and falling off my horse.

I have a too vivid imagination. O_O

KitsuNessa
02-24-2003, 01:34 PM
I think my friend Terrence wrote about a Suikoden nightmare he had too, where he was hit by arrows too...weird.

Shadow Lady
02-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by KulaDiamond
Silent Hill 2 freaked me out with the one part where you can enter the bathroom and one of the doors is closed. You can examine it and James/main guy will knock on the door. I did that for a bit (me being the easily amused) and then when I was about to leave the room I hear a girl screaming. That made me jump.

You too.

That part freaked me out :eek: .

Vinya
02-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Silent Hill 2 freaked me out the most right in the beginning. You know when James steps out of the car and starts to walk on that sand path, next to the lake? I thought I could hear something there all the time, so I stopped every now and then to listen more closely. Later my friend told me that those sounds I heard was the Red-Pyramid-Head walking behind me. I don't care if it's true or not, but it really scared me!! I HAD NO IDEA!! I was scared for weeks, and didn't want to walk on anything else but concrete. That I could hear clearly the sound of the knife and start running. ^_^ Honestly, Silent Hill 2 is too scary. O_O;;

robot face
02-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Ah, now I'm starting to remember some other games that scared me a bit.

One would have to be "D". I know that game was horrible but it gave me that "look behind your shoulder" feeling.

Another strange game was "Inherent Evil" for the computer about a couple staying at a motel where their relatives were murdered. Some scenes made me want to cry.

Blah.

cartoon_hero_
02-24-2003, 04:29 PM
fatal frame... all the WAY man!

KulaDiamond
02-24-2003, 11:27 PM
*Shudder*....Kirie.....final night...>_<!

Viral Harvest
02-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
Resident Evil at midnight when you're 8 is NOT going to make you love the game....

lmao, I think I was about 9 or 10 when that game first came out in 94/95-ish. I remember being so scared of it when I first got it that I returned it and got Super Mario RPG instead O_o

The zombies didn't even scare me, it was that goddamn "YOU ARE DEAD!" screen that made me want to cry. :thumbsup:

Viral Out.

GreenElfie
02-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Fatal frame is definately the freakiest game i've ever played. When my friend first got that game she would make me play it because it freaked her out too much *L* The Resident Evils are awesome games, but they don't freak me out. Neither did silent hill 2. (one of my friends says that silent hill 2 would have been more scary if my controller worked and I could feel the heart beat, haha) The Parasite Eve games were ok...Eternal Darkness was fun because of all those effects...I've never got a chance to play Silent Hill 1 though. I hear that it's way scarier than Silent Hill 2, but i've just never got around to playing it.
But yeah, Fatal Frame definately is the freakiest...

TheAnarCHris
02-26-2003, 02:16 PM
Actually I cant say there was a game that actually frighten me (granted there were games that were so bad it was scary), but nothing that actually gave me nightmare....maybe it was the fact that the character's alway packing heat (unless we're talking DMC, then it's a sword), but yeah, no fear when it comes to video games.......

Now sock puppets, that's a whole new ballgame.

VPMiyu
02-27-2003, 10:14 PM
RE was really scary. RE: Code V is my favorite for visuals and stuff like that. But my problem with the RE series is that it gets way to difficult at a certain point (and its way to creep). It sends chills down my spine. (and not the good kind).:bouncer:

KulaDiamond
02-27-2003, 11:29 PM
RE: Code Veronica wasn't really scary in comparison to the other games in the series.

Michi
02-28-2003, 12:00 AM
I don't really play survival horror.. and I don't watch horror films.. ^^; and I don't have nightmares. :P Ever. I have dreams where I've fallen off something but it's never bad. I just wake up feeling like I really did land but I'm in bed. o_O;;

Anywaaaaaay.

Closest I've gotten to a game like that is Devil May Cry.. which I've played and beaten twice recently. I think it startled me a couple of times, but that's it. I used to play it a lot alone at my dad's in his room, which is rather small, in the dark.. when it was nighttime in the game, and the creepy music would begin. x_X I decided to go back out into the bright livingroom. :P

Lesse.. I've watched friends play the GCN release of Resident Evil and I've seen my friend play some of Eternal Darkness.. the "game errors" were funny.. ^^; I wouldn't mind playing that one myself.. Sanity's Requiem. Fun title.

VPMiyu
02-28-2003, 07:49 AM
I use to watch a lot of horror movies and I use to have a lot of nightmares too. So I decided to stop watching horror movies and the nightmares went away!

I decided at a certain point that I didn't like being scared.

KulaDiamond
02-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Heh I get nightmares sometimes from scary movies. Guilty Gear X2 freaked me out with one of their characters, Zappa. When he did his one-hit kill move on me I freaked out because the girl from The Ring movie/book appears and then the TV has a giant eye and gets a lil' staticy (not scary really until I realized what it was....that movie freaked me out cuz that girl was UGLY).

robot face
02-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Heh I get nightmares sometimes from scary movies. Guilty Gear X2 freaked me out with one of their characters, Zappa. When he did his one-hit kill move on me I freaked out because the girl from The Ring movie/book appears and then the TV has a giant eye and gets a lil' staticy (not scary really until I realized what it was....that movie freaked me out cuz that girl was UGLY).

I haven't played Guilty Gear X 2 yet, but there's a reference to The Ring in it?

-confused-

Raincrystal
02-28-2003, 10:56 PM
...I didn't even mention part of the aforementioned Suikoden nightmare, because it slipped from my mind when I posted that... but we were waiting for Karayans to come rescue us as a last hope. When they finally arrived at our hiding place, they wore lab coats and began spraying down the room in preparation... they were about to carry out the Harmonian plan having joined in exchange for citizenship rights. I woke up before anything could happen, probably because my brain just did not know how to react to the situation and didn't want to deal with it.

Yautja834
02-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Michi
I I have dreams where I've fallen off something but it's never bad. I just wake up feeling like I really did land but I'm in bed. o_O;;

Yeah I've had those too. Those are freaky.

KulaDiamond
02-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by robot face
I haven't played Guilty Gear X 2 yet, but there's a reference to The Ring in it?

-confused-

I think it is. The character Zappa when you fight him/play as him will contort his body and crawl along the ground like the girl crawls backward down the stairs in the excorcist (but at a faster speed). It looks like he can summon demons. Then when he does the one-hit kill move you see an anime version of the evil girl from The Ring (that's what it looks like to me) stand next to the opponent and if they can grab them then the TV screen starts to seizure slightly with this eye staring at you in black and white.

VPMiyu
03-01-2003, 08:51 AM

(had to comment on this before I read the rest) OMG! That movie was so scary. I love Guilty Gear X2 but if my TV does that I am going to MAJORLY panic.

:runs screaming into the..errr...light:

Shadow Lady
03-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Just started playing Fatal Frame.

Creepy *shudder*:(

robot face
03-03-2003, 11:40 PM
I think it is. The character Zappa when you fight him/play as him will contort his body and crawl along the ground like the girl crawls backward down the stairs in the excorcist (but at a faster speed). It looks like he can summon demons. Then when he does the one-hit kill move you see an anime version of the evil girl from The Ring (that's what it looks like to me) stand next to the opponent and if they can grab them then the TV screen starts to seizure slightly with this eye staring at you in black and white.

Jesus, I want to play it! Ah!

I just watched a teaser for Silent Hill 3.

God, I can't wait 'til that game comes out. What's scarier than crazy possessed pink rabbits chasing you in an abandoned theme park?

VPMiyu
03-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Guilty Gear X2 is incredible. Not only is it a great fighting game, but its an anime fans dream. Definitely check it out.

KulaDiamond
03-04-2003, 10:29 PM
GGX2 Kicks ass!

Silent Hill 3 looks pretty scary; I still can't play 2 or sometimes even 1 all by myself in the house. 3 scares me just because of how the monsters are...apparently stuffed animals....bloody ones at that.

Shadow Lady
03-04-2003, 11:38 PM
Its official.

Fatal Frame has just scared the crap out of me.

Teteiyusu
03-05-2003, 03:39 PM
I don't get scared that often , but I would like to play a game that is really, really scary.
Will I ever find something scary!

KulaDiamond
03-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Silent Hill series and/or Fatal Frame are the scariest IMO so try those out in the dark late at night ^_^.

ki kuru kitty
03-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Most Terrifing moments in game play.
Resident Evil 1- Original: Your about to put the second jewel into the tigers eye for a magnum but a hunter is hiding right there and just pops out and cuts your head off.
Silent Hill 1: Your walking into the bathroom and step out somewhere totally different.
Silent Hill 2: The manican with the flashlight on it comes alive.
Eternal Darkness: THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THIS DEMO!!!

I love survival Horrors. ^_^ hmm zombie head go pop...