PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Toronto people

Freedom
08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Are there any tennis courts near the convention centre or within walking distance? I ask because it'd be a good place to get some pictures of teh prince of tennis cosplay, and I also have to beat someone while we're there to decide who buys dinner.

Anyare
08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
I think there is a park on the lakeshore, but its far for walking distance and not sure if there are tennis courts..I'd doubt there be any courts in walking distance of the convention center cause last I went, I didnt see anything. ^^;

mokulen22
08-23-2005, 10:01 AM
The Convention is right downtown so you're not going to find stuff like that arround (walking distance-wise) sorries to say :(

JustinCredible
08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
You could try asking a hotel that has a court to allow you to enter to take photos, it might not work...but its worth a try.

Holiday Inn Toronto On King Street Downtown ( 370 KING STREET W ) is said to have a tennis court. Call and ask!

TribalButterfly
08-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Isn't there some way online that you can look for tennis courts around toronto, or is that just too vauge???

How about going to high schools??? My high school had a huge tennis court in it. (huge track feild, and 2 soccer centres in it too, but i've never been much for sports.)

Otaking97
08-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Isn't there some way online that you can look for tennis courts around toronto, or is that just too vauge???

How about going to high schools??? My high school had a huge tennis court in it. (huge track feild, and 2 soccer centres in it too, but i've never been much for sports.)

I don't think there are any High Schools downtown TO. At least not any close to the Convention Center.

TribalButterfly
08-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Yea, u gotta point there.... but it doesnt HAVE to b the con day does it??? I mean, Prince of Tennis isnt really something u have to b emberrased wearing around town. he's basically in tennis clothes :p Haha! No one will know its cosplay! :)

Edtel
08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure if there's a court at the YMCA on Grosvenor Street between Bay and Yonge, but I'd consider it walking distance, if you're used to walking.