PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever cosplayed a Ganguro??

Nine
01-27-2003, 07:10 AM
I'd so love to see any ganguro cosplay! Ganguros are sooo cool!! XD I want to make a male ganguro cosplay for Sakuracon.. XD I'd just need a bunch of that tan stuff that makes your skin orange, a whiteish blond wig and a pound of make up! XD

Ali-kun
01-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Hoo-ray for panda makeup ^^;;;

Totally pointless post brought by: ALI!

If we ever go to the same con (which will prolly never happen, but I'd like to dream) we need to get together and be ghetto skanky ganguro chicks (you'd be crossplaying, of course) do parapara and purposely suck at it because hey, we're "cool" and we can do all this faddy stuff and not really get into it - because yanno, sweating would mess up our makeup.

XDXD

HuongStar
01-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Wai wai! Jenny (Daitenshi) did a ganguro cosplay. I wasn't brave enough to wear all the raccoon makeup but I definitely have the clothes to pull it off.

Ringo
01-27-2003, 12:43 PM
I've done Kogal, but not Gangaro. I'm too afraid to do all the make up. XD You know the extreme stuff with bright orange skin and white eyes, huge eyelashes and thos stick on jewel things.
Out of curiosity is Gangaro even a real group anymore or have they moved on, since it's been a while since they first appeared. Anyone know?

Good luck to those doing Gagaro cosplay. =D

HuongStar
01-27-2003, 03:52 PM
It's become a more toned-down version: "ganguro-lite" or something along those lines. Their disappearance is hardly a disappointment to anyone! ^_^ You see the occasional one slip into Cawaii but I think people grew tired of the high-maintenance look.

Ali-kun
01-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Thank goodness @_@ It's rather scary. I like a "light" ganguro look with a nice tan and slightly browned hair and some cute, but stand-out-ish makeup...but some of the yamanba gal photos I've seen are REALLY horrendous XD

So yeah, cosplay to make fun of those would be fun, heh.

Jinyo
03-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Velvy did a Ganguro cosplay for Anime-LA. I have a couple of pics of it in my gallery, and more to come when I finally get my Anime-LA album up on my website.

Here's one:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=271120

Cocorie
03-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Im planning to go as a ganguro gal for PMX , Im tanned ....so I can skip the whole excessive tanning procedures! for ganguro you need lots of hawaiian inspired stuff,the "lei's" and all that good stuff

Chibiminako
03-31-2005, 11:34 PM
I thought about doing Ganguro...maybe its called Gonguro? Something like that. My skin is already dark, since Im African American :) So it wouldnt be too hard to do the makeup :)

LokiPunk
03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
no, im too pale

Daitenshi
04-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Wai wai! Jenny (Daitenshi) did a ganguro cosplay. I wasn't brave enough to wear all the raccoon makeup but I definitely have the clothes to pull it off.

OHA! XD
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26513

ArchFaith
04-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Hehe, that's an awesome ganguro, daitenshi!!

I actually want to try out being a ganguro. While I will never understand exactly why they tan their skin so dark and wear panda make-up...I'm Hispanic and Asian, so my skin is already a little dark...I'd just need a dark foundation.

Maybe I should take it to the extreme and be a yamamba!

Radical_Ed
04-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Omg! I didn't think anyone was going to post this! But they did! Yes! But sadly, I only found ONE ganguro at Tekkoshocon other than me, what a shame, ne? ;_;

KIM7813
11-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, I did my ganguro tanning last night...I wore nothing but a thong panty and rubbed tanning creme (you know, the kind Neutrogena makes that come in a bottle and makes you tan) all over. It was the darkest I could find. When I was finished and showed my parents, my dad said to my mom "She's joining vaudeville", a reference to minstrel shows, where white guys would rub burnt cork on their faces to look black. I felt insulted when he said that.

My mom shooed me off the couch, because she doesn't want stains on the couch. My dad is now trying to come up with a Hawaiian name.

When you do things like this, there's always sacrifice.

R.Cutie
11-26-2005, 12:11 AM
My bud Usakochan did an extreme Ganguro in Usagi form - http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=423875. She was teased, but I still think she looked uber cuuuuuuute =D I hope she doesn't mind me posting this *lol* For fun I'll be trying a VERY light form XDDD I don't think I could pull off such a look, but it's for laughs anyhoo ^^