PDA

View Full Version : GGXX Bridget

LilChigai
01-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi! I'm new and stuff but oh well. I really wanna make a costume of the lovable crossdresser Bridget from Guilty Gear XX but there is one detail i'm not quit sure on how to make. Yeah...anyone one have any idea on how to make a giant handcuff? O.o yeah.....

Nietsche
01-27-2003, 11:48 AM
This really depends on what you are comfortable working with and your price range...

I could suggest foamcore or large sheets of foam and cutting out the various parts of the handcuff..if you can afford it then you could also use balsa wood..you may also need hot glue gun if time is of the essence...

What you will need to do is look at the overhead plan of the handcuff...it's a hoop with a square-ish box sitting on the circumference. You'll need to cut out 4 such shapes (make sure they are big enough to fit loosely around you...) and stick two of the pieces together...making sure you match the square box. Put that to one side, now you 2 other pieces left- arrange the hoop so that the square box is towards you and slice the circle in half at the top and slice the bottom just to the left of the square box (It's kinda hard to put this into words so I'll draw what I mean if you don't understand) what you get is a half hoop with the square still attached..now hot glue one of these pieces to the larger component and the other piece underneath the larger component..then you can either- wrap the whole thing in papier mache or just wrap the craggy edge in duct tape. For the smaller hoop I would go get a polystyrene ring that you should be able to get at craft shops, and wrap that in papier mache and attach it with hot glue to the square box bit...Then spray or paint the thing with glossy black!

It's a garbled mess of words which a few pictures could easily show...it's a simple procedure....
I apologise for my ineloquent explanation.. ^^'

KittysGotClaws
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
You know, you should make a tutorial of that. ^_^