PDA

View Full Version : 1 week away, what are you doing for these last few days?

nachtinis
08-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Team takeo will be doing some last minute fixes on our costumes and testing some sound equipment in our truck. Then pack it and go for us!

AshleyV
08-25-2005, 07:20 AM
I will be doing last minute touch up work on costumes, going through my Pooh Bear bank and finally emptying that out (after a good year or so of not taking anything out), and packing my things and my brother's things.

Southernl3elle
08-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Working frantically on the remaining bits of my Lara Croft costumes. Waiting anxiously for my Rogue costume so I can modify the feet some. And annoying everyone in sight with my excitement over Dragon Con! IT'S GONNA BE AWSOME!!!!!

YunaheartsVivi
08-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Frantically trying to go to school, work full time and finish a half completed costume. Thank goodness its not giving me any trouble!
Other than that just doing a countdown of how many days are left to everyone that will listen to me for more than 10 seconds!!

reannaremick
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Trying to get all my classwork done ahead of time, try not to go crazy at work, finish the last 45% of my last remaining costume and packing like crazy. Can't wait for the con! PS The schedule grid is finally up, so go check it out - but remember it is subject to change!

Darth Takeo
08-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Ahem, when exactly is Team Takeo going to be doing these tests?.....
:confused:

I tried on a few of my costumes to see how they were looking and they're all in good order.

I need to check the con schedule too... Thanks for that info.

Tyrus
08-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Finishing costumes
Finishing website updates\
Printing business cards
Lots of emails
Testing Camera equipment
Going to poker game
Last minute supplies shopping

And most importantly, trying to get as much sleep as possible BEFORE the con :)

nachtinis
08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Ahem, when exactly is Team Takeo going to be doing these tests?.....
:confused:

I tried on a few of my costumes to see how they were looking and they're all in good order.

I need to check the con schedule too... Thanks for that info.

At 3:30 am on friday!

J/K Ill holla

Kenkenē
08-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Panicking, trying to find a new job, throwing together a quick costume so I'll have something to wear when my friends ditch me for other groups. Wheeeeee :eeek:

Kiante
08-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Finishing the shirt of my fairy costume. Practicing poses for my resident evil costume. Doing last minute touch ups on the netting of my resident evil costume. Planning out money and what I want to do at the con.

fightstar
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Finishing touches on my Cobra Trooper uniform for my first con! I don't think I will have enough money for my Cromartie High cosplay, but I atleast have the uniform so I can be a generic Japanese school boy, as much as I can. I look forward to seeing you all at the con.

Eurobeat King
08-26-2005, 05:41 AM
Finished posting my Otakon pictures, and now I can concentrate on Dragoncon. :) Haven't packed yet, but can do that the night before since I'm not bringing any costumes.

Just planning out my daily-schedule starting on Friday, like where to go, where to be to look for cosplayers, and what events to attend and what to skip in-order to get more pictures. See you all in a week! :D

a-tastic
08-26-2005, 08:15 PM
chicken with her head cut off::

::::finding the extra memory card for my camera, and the cord to connect it to my computer so i can get my pre-con pics off and on here..before my costumes get dirty and stepped on at the con. heh heh.
::::the studs fell off my katrina bodice: time to superglue them on, along with my faux barbed wire.
::::finding a space efficient way to pack everything:- especially the monstrously poufy crinoline for my wonka lolita, gobs of faux fur for ayame and yuuko bustle. i'm thinking a spacebag? hah hah! do those work with tulle? will it crush it?
::::remaking my yuuko wig's bun. the one i have is waaay too heavy and causes the wig to fall off of my head. it's styrofoam time!
::::adding in one last costume, for the late night stuff.
::::packing up all those other little things, like my yellow slip to get my registration, directions to the hotel, and that lovely battery powered personal fan...
::::spending my free time starting on my queen mirror/evil queen costume. it's never too early to start. yeeahh...

less than a week!! wheee! hope to see everyone there!

Monicator
08-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Finishing the last minute touches to my Cyrax costume and getting College work done all at the same time.

QueenAleta
08-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Finishing up my dawn costume which I may end up just wearing around on the day of the contest since it looks like it conflicts with a pannel I really want to see & considering last minute firefly costumes I might be able to pull together :P

fightstar
08-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Last min Cosplay?! Oh my is that legal? LOL Seriously, I am thinking of a last min ninja cosplay, but I am worried that it might be lame. I have my Cobra Trooper done, I have most of my Cromartie High done (need a afro wig and shades), so why not a laid back Junpei-esk kinda' ninja? Who knows.

QueenAleta: I will look for you in the halls of the con for my camera.

Monicator: I will look for you as will. How often do you see a 4'11" Cyrax?

Nachtinis: Team Takeo is way kewl! I'll have to save some space on my memory card for you guys.

a-tastic: Go girl! Your cosplay should be one for the books

everyone else: I hope I have time to meet everyone. It's my first con after all.

Fyremistress
08-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Last min Cosplay?! Oh my is that legal? LOL Seriously, I am thinking of a last min ninja cosplay, but I am worried that it might be lame. I have my Cobra Trooper done, I have most of my Cromartie High done (need a afro wig and shades), so why not a laid back Junpei-esk kinda' ninja? Who knows.

Nachtinis: Team Takeo is way kewl! I'll have to save some space on my memory card for you guys.

everyone else: I hope I have time to meet everyone. It's my first con after all.

cant wait to track you down.. its been what 3 years? since mikes birthday party?

Neo Dave
08-29-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm still trying to figure out if I can get everything on the plane... :eeek:

nachtinis
08-29-2005, 02:14 AM

Hey thanks dood.

BTW, all: our site has been down for a few weeks due to technical difficulty at our hosts location.

fightstar
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
cant wait to track you down.. its been what 3 years? since mikes birthday party?

Dang yo! I think you are right! Wow, time flies like crazy. Yes we will have to meet up. I will be there sometime thursday so I will have to give you my number so you can let me know when you arrive. At the very least I will have to hunt you down at the Dawn Contest. Hope to see you and your crew at D*Con. Well, back to work b/c it's only 3 days away!

:chatah:

_T3_
08-29-2005, 11:38 AM
I find my time largely occupied by hoping like hell that my boots for Pyramid head actually show up in the mail before the 'Con; also I've been experimenting with ways of making Pyramid Head's helmet collapsable so I can transport it through the airport with minimal hassle. (Airports and I are not friends, y'see...)

a-tastic
08-29-2005, 12:54 PM
mad props to those of you that travel with your costumes...wow. i don't know how you do it! i can't even cram my stuff into less than four bags.

kelldar
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
I've got to PACK tonight, because I have to ship everything tomorrow!! I've got the 3 princesses done (Belle, Cinderella and Snow White), and I'm done with my part on my friend's mascot style costume. All I've got left is the vest of my Leia rebel uniform, so I guess i'll be doing that tonight and tomorrow night... :)
Hope everyone travelling doesn't have problems... I'm worried since my tickets are with NWA, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Everyone keeps telling me not to worry, but I can't help it, I'm a worrywart!
I can't wait, see you guys there!!

Kate
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Aw,great!It's one week away?!
>__<
Well,at least I have my stuff done..
I'm not so sure Emily,Brittany,Megan and Andy,though..
You see,I go with the same group to each con,my little circle of strange friends...><
We'll just hitch a ride with my aunt Tracey down to Portland,catch the train to Boston,and get a plane from there..YOU ALL SPOILED MY FUN WHEN YOU SAID IT WAS A WEEK FROM NOW!! >__< Just kidding..
So,how about you all?
I'll see you there,Fighter Star! ^-^

_T3_
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
mad props to those of you that travel with your costumes...wow. i don't know how you do it! i can't even cram my stuff into less than four bags.

Next time, I honestly think I'll just ship it ahead. My ultimate goal with PH was to make the helemt disassemblable; the frame is built a lot like a kite, and the fabric is just pulled really taught to make it look like it has edges. That way I can just fold it all up and stick it in with my luggage, and aoid the hassle of shipping it. Sounds like a perfect plan, but really the hassle of making it like that was probbaly a lot more than if I had just made the thing permanently and mailed it. Ahh, live and learn I guess. T'was a worthwhile experiment at any rate.