PDA

View Full Version : does anyone read american comics??

Darkdragonclan6
01-27-2003, 08:41 PM
if soo tell me what you read
i read dork tower and knight of the dinner table

Cassandra
01-27-2003, 09:08 PM
I read Mystic :D

Shadow Lady
01-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Batman.

I like the scarecrow. hehehe

Anyway, I also read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee, I Feel Sick, Lenore, and Nightmares and Fairytales.

moo
01-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Strangers in Paradise. The art is amazing, from character design to the way the creator, Terry Moore, draws different angles and points of view. The early stuff was edge-of-your-seat suspenseful, humorous, sad, dramatic... I'm not sure about the recent stuff since I read them in graphic novel form.

I also like Too Much Coffee Man by Shannon Wheeler, but it's now a magazine, not purely a comic book, but the comic part still exists as a strip in every issue. I get an urge to cosplay Too Much German White Chocolate Woman With Almonds sometmes. :D

One more title I follow now and then: The K Chronicles by Keith Knight. It's a quasi-autobiographical strip about the trials and tribulations of growing up as a black man in America, with funny and pointed commentary about the government, trivial things in life, the absurdity of mass media, and sheep. :)

Shadow Lady
02-10-2003, 09:48 PM
I read The K Chronicles too. I read them in The Tacoma Reporter.

KitsuNessa
02-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Archie comics!!

Gotta love Betty and Veronica!!! They're like, my idols!! :)

Sakura
02-11-2003, 08:08 PM
The most recent American comic I've read is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and that was a long time ago ^^ when I was younger I read Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Ultra Girl.

BlueLady
02-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm part of the unpaid army at the local store so I read far FAR to many comics. I love all the crossgen comics and most of the batman/catwoman series the most though.

XLainoftheWired
02-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I read Meridian, Crossgen, word

Hikaruchan
02-12-2003, 04:51 PM
I used to read a lot of american comics, but don't much anymore as my fav characters always ended up having bad things done to them.

I still read A Distant Soil and occassionally Strangers in Paradise.

Looking forward to Formally Known as the Justice League, as the 80s bwah haha Justice League was one of my favorites.

Chas
02-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I just stick to Jhonen Vasquez stuff. Specifically Johhny The Homicidal Maniac and Squee. ^_^

" I give you SATANIC HEAD BITEY!! "

Mandy Mitchell
02-13-2003, 02:00 AM
I loved reading X-MEN!

katnap007
02-13-2003, 03:23 AM
:love: A friend just recently got me into Kabuki. That's a crazy story & beautiful artwork.
Umm...I used to collect X-men, Spawn, Gen13 & Witchblade comics. But now when I go back & read my X-men comics, the dialogue seems so redundant after getting into manga.

Jin
02-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Lady
Batman.

I like the scarecrow. hehehe

Anyway, I also read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee, I Feel Sick, Lenore, and Nightmares and Fairytales.
Yeah Jhonen is one of the funniest disturbed person and also his friend Ronin or er Roman... somethign liek that right?

PretearWink
02-19-2003, 12:28 AM
Anything by Jhonen Vasquez and Gen13 ^_^

jen_kat
02-19-2003, 07:56 AM
I used to read Mystic and The Book of Magic (I think that's what it's called... it's got a 14 yo named Timothy). I read Warlands on and off.

Basic Beecicchi
02-19-2003, 08:00 AM
I read about 80 [eighty, for some reason, it didn't pick up the first time] american comics, from Spider-Man to 100 Bullest to Liberty Meadows [well, before it went under Image Comics] to Knights of the Dinner Table.

*don't bring the mallets in here ._.*

Vialoi Ketsueke
03-14-2003, 08:46 PM
I use to collect the Archie Ninja Turtles comic. I was collecting Sonic the Hedgehog too, but then the story got really lame and it's been like that for ages..
*le-sigh* if only they did more with Knuckles and his bad ass cousin Kragok..

JoeBoeing
03-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Greetings all,

ElfQuest is the only American comic I read now. I haven't read an American comic other than ElfQuest since a few issues past the X-Men's Fatal Attractions series.

X-Men's Fatal Attractions is the best X-Men story arch I've read in the 80's and 90's.

I also used to read Mantra and Prime from Ultraverse, Prophet from Image and Nomad, Spider-Man, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Batman, Spider-Woman (old version), Captain America, The Punisher (quit reading the Punisher when Scarface cut up Frank Castle's face) and Silver Surfer.

FRom,
Joe

daria_jack
03-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I read Batman and The last temptation (but there is only on issue) and Nemi of course

Kamui Motoaki
03-20-2003, 12:10 PM
i used to read Battle Chasers. . T_T
Damn you JOE!! COME BACK!! LoL

Jinx
04-03-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by KitsuNessa
Archie comics!!

Gotta love Betty and Veronica!!! They're like, my idols!! :)

I love Betty and Veronica! I have the issue with Naru and Malachite (was it him?? o.o;;) in mylar. ^-^;;

And Cheryl and Sabrina comics, too.. stopped collecting a while ago. My dad had a buncha old Archie comics when he was young, but didn't save them.

I also have a lot of Barbie comics and Little Mermaid comics from when I was little.. I can't find them though... :(

I used to read Gen13, GoldDigger, and some of Adam Warren's Dirty Pair.

Kawaii Yuna
04-04-2003, 12:00 PM
X-MEN, Archie, and The Powerpuff Girls. Hee,hee. I wuv to read them all! LOL!! :p

Shadow Lady
04-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Chas.Tsukishiro

" I give you SATANIC HEAD BITEY!! "

"No!!" *BLAM!*

Lady Saya
08-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I loves the Jhonen Vasquez comics.*Le sigh*And..and Roman Dirge too!And I lurves Nightmares and Fairytales.

Shinigami_Mimi
08-29-2004, 08:26 PM
I used to love American comics so much. XD Lol. But that was like when I was lil. Yeah, a 5 year old reading Batman, Superman, and X-Men. Lol. Strange as I was when I was lil. ^^;; I don't read them anymore, but I'm a fan of the cartoon series. ^^ Especially if it's Batman, Spiderman, or X-Men.

MissLauren
08-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Archie
Dark Minds
Hey Mister!
Lenore
Gloom Cookie
JTHM
Squee
I Feel Sick
SpiderMan

LilyEstrella
08-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Huh..no one has mentioned Neil Gaimen's Sandman...one of my all time favs, and Watchmen by Alan Moore is also great....both of those are great works and definately not for children...and yeah..I love Jhonen Vasquez's works too.

Shaman Soul
08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
i love johnny the homicidal maniac, squee, and sojourn, those are really the only comics i read, oh and i have the lone wolf and cub one.... but thats not really american now is it ??? **scratches head**

foxhound
08-30-2004, 06:24 PM
i read the crow,jthm and star wars