PDA

View Full Version : advise for ffx2 yuna costume

sailorkorea
01-27-2003, 10:15 PM
i'm going as yuna for katsu and i'm having trouble with the wrap skirt. how do i go about dying it and make it so that it fades blue to white? also how do i go abput making the symbol on her shirt?

Koumori
01-28-2003, 05:54 AM
The symbol is not a part of her shirt. It's attached at the top and bottom and holds the front as closed as it's going to get.

You can create shaded dyes by dipping your fabric into your dye bath and then gradually drawing it out (gradually = over time; you'll want a way to hang the fabric in the dye). The fabric that's in the dye longest will get the darkest color.

katchoo
01-28-2003, 11:18 AM
I agree with Koumori about the skirt. The dye will take differently depending on how long you leave each part in.

As far as the symbol, a lot of people seem to be using a nude mesh underneath it. I am trying to make mine with out the mesh. It's turning out okay so far. I will be finishing that costume up this weekend, so I can write you about what I did to give you tips.

^_^

sailorkorea
01-28-2003, 07:36 PM
any advice as to what the best dye to use for dying fabrics?

Koumori
01-28-2003, 08:23 PM
It depends on the kind of fabric you're using. Polyester fabrics, as a rule, do not dye well at home; you should use a natural fiber. For further guidance, try http://www.dharmatrading.com - they have an excellent dye FAQ, and are a great source of dyes and fabrics.