PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Covered Sandals

Asuma'sFire
08-27-2005, 10:49 PM
hahah how do you make those ^0^ regular blue sandals don't look great in costume =(

bohejm
09-09-2005, 10:32 AM
you have a picture of it?

Dearx
09-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I had a whole lesson on how to make these things by a friend. I'll try to post what I've learned from AburaneShino01

Terra
09-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't know how good this method is, but I used blue plastic slippers with a reasonably thick sole and a wide 'strap' covering the front part of your foot as a base and attached the sandal shape (made from four pieces of dyed canvas sewn into the right shape - one for the top, two for the sides, one as a strip going around the top with a strip of bias binding [?] on the inside to reinforce it and make it easier to sew together and velcro at the end to open and close the shoe) to the base using nails and staples (with a staple gun) around the sides, as well as two strips of wide elastic going underneath the sole.

They were rather uncomfortable to walk in, though, because the plastic was hard and had a rough texture, so using those 'inside shoe sole' things probably would have been a good idea.

Good luck with the sandals!