PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden 3... discontinued??

Erilan
01-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know why Suikoden 3 was shipped in limited quantities and is now discontinued? I didn't have enough mney to buy it when it came out, and now I'm quite peeved since I haven't been able to find a single store in my area or online that has it in stock new or used! Looks like there's no Suikoden 3 for me... :bigcry:

Shadra D
01-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Suikoden 3, unfortunately, was a somewhat failing project. Konami hasn't made the money it really needed from it, as evidence by the lack of a PAL release or XBox version. I think Murayama (the creator) and Ohta (the Director since Suikoden 2) knew this as well, and both left the project, Murayama halfway through Suikoden 3, Ohta after the fact. It's rumored they're working for Square now.

It's unfortunate, as Suikoden was my favorite RPG ever, but Konami was going about it all wrong, and therefor may have shot the project, dooming it :/ It's too bad, but it happens.

Erilan
01-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Shadra D
Suikoden 3, unfortunately, was a somewhat failing project. Konami hasn't made the money it really needed from it, as evidence by the lack of a PAL release or XBox version.
Maybe they would've made more money if they produced more copies? There's got to be others out there just like me who want to get their hands on Suikoden 3. Sigh... what a shame. :(

Shadra D
01-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Suikoden 3 didn't sell as well as they had hoped in both Japan and America, and without money to make and sell PAL releases, there's no way they could afford to make anymore.

ChibiMoFo
01-28-2003, 04:15 AM
bah! I really liked it too, It did seem a little rushed, esp. all the castle stuff I loved in the others, but it's still really good. Can I assume there's not much of a chance for 4 then ;_;

kitty_neko
01-28-2003, 07:23 AM
aww...thats to bad! i was actually thinking about getting this sometime =(

but its really odd that something like this would happen... especially since they advertised it so much, dont you think?

Studmaster
01-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Wow. I bought my copy in time then. Because I noticed something strange when my Comic Book Store which is usually very good with games like this, didn't have any in stock. Guess this is why? Which surprises me because I heard it sold pretty well in the US, but when you take development costs, and how much Konami has spent on the Suikoden Series as a whole, it really doesn't matter.

It's a damn shame too. :(

Celine
01-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Konami hates the general public, and wants to create another rare, overpriced game. Suikoden 2 is so hard to find and extremely expensive. I'll probably sell it this spring, and then Suikoden 3 once the demand goes up since no one can find it. ^^

I'd like to see a Suikoden 4, but I must admit I was diasappointed by Suikoden 3. I guess I'd rather that they end the series than continue to make games like the later half of Suikoden 3...

Lafiel
01-28-2003, 02:23 PM
I discovered about 2 weeks about it was discountined when I searched all over Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington for that game. All said it was discontinued but didn't know why :(

Luckly someone I knew had an extra copy. I hope the game is good, didn't even get a chance to try it. So looking forward to the .hack game and Celda :) *Drool*

Heard rumors they might not even bring over FFXI (cause its doing badly), and might just bring over FFX2 and rename it FFXI.
Nooooo..

Erilan
01-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Lafiel
I discovered about 2 weeks about it was discountined when I searched all over Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington for that game. All said it was discontinued but didn't know why :(

Luckly someone I knew had an extra copy. I hope the game is good, didn't even get a chance to try it. So looking forward to the .hack game and Celda :) *Drool*

Heard rumors they might not even bring over FFXI (cause its doing badly), and might just bring over FFX2 and rename it FFXI.
Nooooo..
I asked a guy at the Oakville Wal-Mart on Dundas to call nearly every other Wal-Mart in the area, and no luck at all. That's when I decided to give up. :sulk:

Yeah, at least there's many good RPGs coming out in the next month. But why must they all come out at the same time? .hack, Breath of Fire V, Zelda: Windwalker, and Xenosaga all in February! How about some spacing in between all these games? :untrust:

Renaming FFX2 to FFXI? It shall remain as a rumor. Most rumors don't true anyways. :p

Limeyaku
01-28-2003, 03:03 PM
" Most rumors don't true anyways "

is that so, eric? LOL!!!

anyways, obviously welland is really small and there aren't that many RPG fans down here so I can look around for a copy for you. ^_^ we've got like 4 or 5 wal-marts in the area, not to mention all the radio shacks and futureshops. it can be a nice late bday present. XD

Shadra D
01-28-2003, 03:07 PM
I have my own personal hopes for Suikoden 4, but I can't put too much weight in them. Personally, what I want to see is the resolution of the Pesmerga and Yuber conflict, The final showdown with Hikusaak/Harmonia (I want to see more Sasarai e.e), and Jeane's mystery solved. That's the most I want n_n;

For those who like fun RPGs, though, go for .hack!! It's amazing! And just keep praying for Suikoden ._.

Erilan
01-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
" Most rumors don't true anyways "

is that so, eric? LOL!!!

anyways, obviously welland is really small and there aren't that many RPG fans down here so I can look around for a copy for you. ^_^ we've got like 4 or 5 wal-marts in the area, not to mention all the radio shacks and futureshops. it can be a nice late bday present. XD
^_____________________^

KaineMaxwell
01-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Is Suikoden 3 worth finding and getting then at this point?

Studmaster
01-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
Is Suikoden 3 worth finding and getting then at this point?

Find it and get it man, Seriously. I waited too long for Suikoden 2, and had to pay 50 dollars just for the prvliage of playing it last summer.

Suikoden 3 will suffer the same fate.

Rosiel
01-28-2003, 05:03 PM
> what I want to see is the resolution of the Pesmerga and Yuber conflict

*roots for Yuber* Chaos over Over! Fangirls prefer blondes!

Seriously I do not believe this could be resolved for then Chaos and Order would become meaningless and either the worlds would stop or destroy themselves. Which amounts to the same thing when you think about it. Both Chaos and Order need to exist and thus Yuber and Pesmerga's eternal struggle (as a mirror of the struggle between Chaos and Order) is what breeds life.

> That's the most I want n_n;

The ONE thing I want is closure. I want a sword used as a gravestone near a waterway (nudgenudge) with a faded blue bandanna tied to it.

Sami
01-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh wow, that stinks. For some reason I thought Suikoden 3 would have had a bigger audience than the other two, but I guess not.. I was shocked when I heard they weren't releasing a PAL version.. x_x

Viral Harvest
01-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Suikoden 2 goes for up to 80 bucks on ebay too.....I only have the first one. I didn't know if the other ones were worth playing. I never finished the first one, but I got about 1/4 of the way through and it was amazing.

ChibiMoFo
01-29-2003, 03:15 AM
Guess I got lucky when I got suikoden 1 and 2 for 40 bucks a year ago, and 2 was sealed :O I see theres a number of 3's on ebay if you can't find them elsewhere.

Babbit_Chan
01-29-2003, 11:31 AM
What a disappointment - here I am STILL waiting to get a ps2 and Konami has to go and discontinue Suikoden 3 >_<

Kenshin Ken
01-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Viral Harvest
Suikoden 2 goes for up to 80 bucks on ebay too.....I only have the first one. I didn't know if the other ones were worth playing. I never finished the first one, but I got about 1/4 of the way through and it was amazing.

The first one is a classic ^^ The second one was even better ^^ Although I missed cheating out the dice game for some good extra cash ehhe ^^:; but they had alotta other additions to it ^^.

I havent' played 3 yet...but I DO have it ^^; used, but it's here! Luckily I found it in a book store for 1/2 off the SRP. it still costed me some cash, but I'm good with it as long as I got it here ^^. After hearing that it's discontinued, I'm rather glad I nabbed one. :thumbsup: