PDA

View Full Version : *Harvest Moon Cosplay*

Collie
01-28-2003, 02:19 AM
I just finished a costume from the quite unknown Harvest Moon: For Girls. (Alot of people I talk to only know of 64 and such)
But here's a link to my cosplay....

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=4425

I still have no pic up yet, but that is the char.. ^^;;

Has ANYONE cosplayed OR pondered a cosplay from ANY of the Harvest Moon games??

(Sorry to post such an annoying topic...)
~*~Collie~*~

HuongStar
01-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Hee hee, that's one of my all-time favorite games! I wanted to make one of the girl's wedding dresses from an old thrift store find but I never got around to it. ^_^

Gingerbread Man
01-28-2003, 10:46 AM
I saw someone dressed as the Main character for Save The homeland at Nekocon. He's my hero.

Celine
01-28-2003, 12:23 PM
I think the characters in Harvest Moon are simply adorable, but I don't know if I'd recognize any of them. ^_^;; My sister's thought about doing someone since she absoluvely loves the games...

Collie
01-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by HuongStar
Hee hee, that's one of my all-time favorite games! I wanted to make one of the girl's wedding dresses from an old thrift store find but I never got around to it. ^_^

That's too bad. ;---; I think the wedding dresses they wear are really neat! And it ...fits each chars personality. ^^

I have a stuffed corn and the funny orange backpack that I made a week ago to bring with so people at least KNOW I'm in costume. lol.
~*~Collie~*~

Tenjou
01-28-2003, 03:04 PM
One of my future/planned costumes is the Goddess from Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland. Garsh it's pretty. *_*

Collie
01-28-2003, 05:33 PM
The Goddess has a VERY pretty dress..... All the COLORS!!!! Weeeee!!!
~*~Collie~*~

DancingVampire
01-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Im working on my Lyan costume know (you know the purtty florist with pink hair) the waist corset thing is annoying to make ~_~;

Tenjou
01-29-2003, 03:29 PM
[ The Goddess has a VERY pretty dress..... All the COLORS!!!! Weeeee!!!
~*~Collie~*~ ]

yes I know!! *____* I have to rent (or buy) the game again. that was such a cute and fun game! ^_^ but I think the hardest part would be the wig. o_O; I doubt they make them like that.

Mink
01-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Wow! Fellow fans! I havent even considered it....until now....*muahahahaha*

Collie
01-29-2003, 08:25 PM
I have a friend currently making a Dia from STH costume. Yea. But I love the outfits in it! ^^
~*~Collie~*~

Troppy
01-29-2003, 08:35 PM
I'm being the STH version of the Harvest Goddess at the new Chicago con, Anime Reactor, in October. ^^ We're going to have a mini HM group...we probably won't be recognized by many, but we pretty much know what we want for our skit... it's one of those "ok I dont know what this is, but I love it anyway" kind of things.

Chosuke
01-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Hehe.. I never even considered cosplaying harvest moon untill now

I wonder how easy it would be to make the main character from the old N64/PS harvest moon game.. or maybe grey,my favorite mopey boy xD

HuongStar
01-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Hahaha, yeah the PS game was my favorite. I'd stay up until 4 am sometimes just tending to my farm & learning new recipes. *sigh* The good ol days...

IdoSqueak
02-21-2004, 02:08 PM
yes! my friend and i are going to be popuri and ann at otakon '04. and maybe at AMA if we get done in time.

TonberryTrepie
02-22-2004, 01:50 AM
ahh its something ive considered as well. I have cow and chicken plushies to go along with it too.

T4uRu$k4tt
02-22-2004, 10:06 PM
i applaud you for it! yay! i love harvest moon. :)

its sort of one of those games everyone's "in the closet" about i think >>
because when i mention playing it theres always one or two people who flip out and are like, "I LOVE harvest moon!!!"...

i do know the game you mean tho, looks like the same mineral town except you get to change your clothes and cook more. but i might buy it just so i don't have to feel odd about saying, "s#*! i forgot to buy a present for my girlfriend today!" hehe.

i do agree it might go unrecognized~ maybe if you carried a sign around. or if you had a big cardboard cutout of a tv for the goddess to carry around in front of her, lol...

my horse's name is Shadowfax. ^^

~katt

Hotaru's Sister
02-22-2004, 10:18 PM
I've been wanting to do Popuri from BTn for awhile. her dress is just so cute. Hotaru wanted to do Elli from 64 and bring cookies to give away.

Nekobun
02-23-2004, 12:03 PM
I've pondered a harvest sprite costume once or twice. Even more likely now that I've got lovely Link ears I can use for him as well.

Hotaru
02-23-2004, 03:22 PM
if someone dressed up as the sprites that take care of your farm, i would run away. they look like gnomes!!

i think it'd be cute to do HM cosplay but you'd have to buy a lot of fabric cause they all have full length dresses...wait, no popuri and elli do...ag

ainslye
02-23-2004, 04:41 PM
How adorable! It's on my (rather lengthy) list, so who knows when I'll get to it... but it's definately on the list... :)

Zeruda
02-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Ive always wanted to try Karen from the 64 game
..or kai ^_^!

Minky_Momo
02-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Ooh, I LOVE HARVEST MOON!! ^^ I love all Harvest Moon games!! I want to cosplay but no nobody i know wants to cosplay as any of the characters...*sniff* oh well! ^^ one day i shall meet somebody who wants to cosplay Harvest Moon characters..that'd be FUNN!!!

TonberryTrepie
02-23-2004, 11:18 PM
>my horse's name is Shadowfax. ^^
>

my dogs name is Spunky. *if anyone knows where thats from* :square: and my horses name is Hidalgo.

Hotaru's Sister
02-24-2004, 09:38 AM
heh, my horses name changes from game to game. right now I'm playing BTN again(since I never finished last time and forget what i wans doing) and his name is Kino. We always name our dog Inuoni every time.

Grencia Mars
02-25-2004, 10:27 PM
I was thinking about doing the main character from friends of mineral town, since thats the only one I've played. I bought a bunch of wind up toy chicks that hop as possible future props.

Nyoko
02-27-2004, 04:30 PM
I am actully in the prossess of making the main character from save the home land.

Winry
02-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I can't wait for the new Harvest Moon game coming out on March 4th(about time too!). It's for the GameCube, and it's suppose to be good. n_n As for cosplay, I dunno, maybe I would do Ann or Karen. Though probably not anything soon I'm too swap with other costume ideas. n_n;;

Hotaru's Sister
02-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Yeah me too. So many other costumes to work on. Harvest Moon is one of those things that will be around for a long time so you don't necessarily have to cosplay it this year, unlike say a series that will eventually fade unless it's truly great.

Whenever anyone does do a costume, you must post pics.