PDA

View Full Version : Thousand Arms Cosplay-Con No Baka

DiGi_Rin
08-30-2005, 08:20 AM
I've decided to make a thread for the people dressing as Thousand Arms people since we were sort of taking over the Con No Baka thread.

We still need a couple of people for the cast.

Muza
Nelsha
Kyleen

If I'm missing any other character please let me know.

We have:

Meis
Sodina
Wyna
Soushi
Marion
A Damashi

We need to plan quite a few things, like when we're cosplaying this, because I'll be making a costume for Yuuko from Tsubasa Chronicles as well as fixing up my Marion costume. (I'll be a very short yuuko XD)

Lady_Sodina
08-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Did you still have someone else for Meis or is it only me doing Meis now? I can't quite remember if you said the Meis cosplayer would be in for it or not ^^" Or if we even decided who I'm doing, cause I was pretty flexible with the costume for this one.

As for when we're cosplaying, the only other costume I have for that weekend is Ban Midou from Get Backers, because I THINK I'm in a GB cosplay group, but I can get back to you on that one (they haven't brought it up in awhile -_-")

DiGi_Rin
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Did you still have someone else for Meis or is it only me doing Meis now? I can't quite remember if you said the Meis cosplayer would be in for it or not ^^" Or if we even decided who I'm doing, cause I was pretty flexible with the costume for this one.

As for when we're cosplaying, the only other costume I have for that weekend is Ban Midou from Get Backers, because I THINK I'm in a GB cosplay group, but I can get back to you on that one (they haven't brought it up in awhile -_-")

The Meis cosplayer is you XD because I saw you said you were being Meis in the Con No Baka thread.

The person who was going to be Meis isnt anymore.

We might have a Palma but I'm not sure :S

Lady_Sodina
08-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Yay Palma!! Lolz, ok then!! Well, I think I heard about the other Meis cosplayer not being there anymore, so yeah... But yeah, I can do Meis *thumbs up* Lolz! I'll see if I can get anyone else to join this... hm, actually, if your Palma doesn't do it, I might have a girl I could coax into doing Palma ;) She's got the hair, so :D We'll see...

Also, looking at the list, we don't have a Kyleen!! Once again, I'll see if I can coax a friend of mine into doing it, her fave colour is green, so she might SERIOUSLY dye her hair for it ^^" I dunno, I'll see if I can talk her into it ;)

DiGi_Rin
08-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Yay Palma!! Lolz, ok then!! Well, I think I heard about the other Meis cosplayer not being there anymore, so yeah... But yeah, I can do Meis *thumbs up* Lolz! I'll see if I can get anyone else to join this... hm, actually, if your Palma doesn't do it, I might have a girl I could coax into doing Palma ;) She's got the hair, so :D We'll see...

Also, looking at the list, we don't have a Kyleen!! Once again, I'll see if I can coax a friend of mine into doing it, her fave colour is green, so she might SERIOUSLY dye her hair for it ^^" I dunno, I'll see if I can talk her into it ;)

I think I didn't put Kyleen on the list because I don't like her XD.

I'm not sure if I'm going to Con no Baka now. My parents say I can't because this is the third con I'm going to this year, but no fear I will beg!

The girl that wants to be Palma is the girl that was Garnet at the girls of gaming photo shoot.

Lady_Sodina
08-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Ah, kick ass... LOLZ!! Don't like Kyleen, eh? Why's that?

Hm, well, hopefully you can make it!!

DiGi_Rin
08-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I just think Kyleen's greedy and annoying XD But I know we need her for our group though.

I'm going to asked my parents when they're in a better mood

Brita_Lee
08-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm Sodina!!!! WheeeeeeeeeeeeeeHooooooooooooooo!!!!

DiGi_Rin
09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm Sodina!!!! WheeeeeeeeeeeeeeHooooooooooooooo!!!!

XD yesh you are

Lady_Sodina
09-01-2005, 09:23 AM
*laughz* My first thoughts were "No, I'M SODINA!! Wait... that's just my name... and then again... not really my REAL name... hm... she is partially correct then..." :P Lolz!

Man, I should definately replay the game to get int Meis' character ^^" I haven't played in FOREVER! ... I'll do that after I finish FF7 and FFX-2 ^^"

DiGi_Rin
09-01-2005, 10:19 PM
*laughz* My first thoughts were "No, I'M SODINA!! Wait... that's just my name... and then again... not really my REAL name... hm... she is partially correct then..." :P Lolz!

Man, I should definately replay the game to get int Meis' character ^^" I haven't played in FOREVER! ... I'll do that after I finish FF7 and FFX-2 ^^"

I just played the game to get into my Marion character XD I have to find a way to put poka dots on my shirt tho.

Brita_Lee
09-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I've found some parts from my old Sodina costume (the ring things around her ankles), and I think I might still have part of the dress left, so I have a base to work with. In case you don't remember me saying, I used to have Sodina's costume back in 2002, but it was terribly innacurate (it was made by my Grandma and it was a Halloween costume at the time, back when I hadn't heard of cosplay...well, only just). So yeah, I like the fact that I won't have to wear a wig! My hair is a lot longer than hers, but I think I'll be able to style it in such a way that no one'll notice.
I can't wait to start on this. ^^
Oh yeah! And I have a bell I can pilfer from my Dejiko costume to use for this one too. This'll be a tough costume to figure out though...pattern wise and such..how to make things work/fit and such. I'll manage, I've probably done worse...*reminds self of Chibi Deedlits armour and shudders* Yay, no more armour...I've sworn myself off it for the time being...

DiGi_Rin
09-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I've found some parts from my old Sodina costume (the ring things around her ankles), and I think I might still have part of the dress left, so I have a base to work with. In case you don't remember me saying, I used to have Sodina's costume back in 2002, but it was terribly innacurate (it was made by my Grandma and it was a Halloween costume at the time, back when I hadn't heard of cosplay...well, only just). So yeah, I like the fact that I won't have to wear a wig! My hair is a lot longer than hers, but I think I'll be able to style it in such a way that no one'll notice.
I can't wait to start on this. ^^
Oh yeah! And I have a bell I can pilfer from my Dejiko costume to use for this one too. This'll be a tough costume to figure out though...pattern wise and such..how to make things work/fit and such. I'll manage, I've probably done worse...*reminds self of Chibi Deedlits armour and shudders* Yay, no more armour...I've sworn myself off it for the time being...

I have to re sew my shorts O.o I did a kart wheel at CN and my shorts ripped. And I have to re make my shoes, re make the collar on the top, buy a new tie, find a wig, and re make my rocket jet pack. :'(

Brita_Lee
09-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Rocket Jet Packs=Love!

I have to wait and get a job before I can even start gettin' stuff for my costume. *tragic sigh* My place of work just closed...without tellin' me either...right before CNA too. Luckily I had money saved so I was ok.

Brita_Lee
09-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I haves a job..had it for a week now, but also I have been rethinking the whole Sodina costume. I don't know If I want to do it now, cause I really want to do this other costume, and I can't make more than two new ones. .O_O. Its not definate right yet, but just so ya know. I'm sorryyyyyyy!

DiGi_Rin
09-18-2005, 09:15 AM
I could always help you make some part of the costume if you like.

Brita_Lee
09-18-2005, 12:15 PM
^-^ Thats very nice of you, but its ok. We'll see how things go. If down the road its better to make Sodina's then I'll save Jet for another Con. Jet's would just be easier and warmer. We shall see. Who knows, maybe I'll do both. But I am trying to cut down on my number of cosplays I do per con. I tend to overwelm myself. Heh heh.

For Sodina, I already have the bell, the rings for the ankles, and clip on earrings I can turn into her big green earring things. If I do this costume, I won't have to wear a wig, which will ROCK! ^-^ Mmmmm...I can't wait to make those big giant bows....OOoOOooo...

Lady_Sodina
09-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to pull of Meis anymore. As it stands, my weekend for Con no Baka might be cut down to just one day. I don't know yet ^^" If that happens though, I don't think I'll end up MAKING Meis for it, cause I still have at least two other costumes I need/want to get done before the end of the year ^^" That and school, well ^^" I need to make do with what I have til I get another job as well. So as it is now, I'm not sure if I can pull it off anymore. I'll be able to update again later when I have a CLUE as to what my group's up to, but yeah. ^^" Sorry!

DiGi_Rin
09-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Gah I hope you guys can pull off these costumes, and i hope Lady Sodina you'll be able to come for the 3 days.

If everything turns out good we'll have the biggest thousand arms cosplay group...ever!

Lady_Sodina
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
*laughz* Yeah, as it is now, we MIGHT need to find people to help us bring down the costs of the room -_-" Push comes to shove, if I can't pull off Meis, I might see if I can throw together a simpler costume, like Kyleen or something, ok? Might only be around for one day, but I'll still be able to be apart of the Thousand Arms group!! I dunno... Once again, I'll have to see ^^" Grah...

DiGi_Rin
09-21-2005, 09:09 PM
*laughz* Yeah, as it is now, we MIGHT need to find people to help us bring down the costs of the room -_-" Push comes to shove, if I can't pull off Meis, I might see if I can throw together a simpler costume, like Kyleen or something, ok? Might only be around for one day, but I'll still be able to be apart of the Thousand Arms group!! I dunno... Once again, I'll have to see ^^" Grah...

I'd go in a hotel room but you know I'm like under age I guess...? Either if your Meis or Kyleen I could help you a bit like Brit Lee, all I have to do for my Marion costume is fix it up

Brita_Lee
09-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Okay, okay, I'll stick with Sodina. It'll just be the last one I make before the con. S'all good. ^^

Lady Sodina, when I find out whos sharing our hotel room and when we're ready to book, do ya wanna shack up with us? Will it help?

Lady_Sodina
09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I'll see ^^" I gotta see who from my crew is even still doing this con anymore *sigh*

Oh, and I'll know the costume situation closer to November. Right now, I'm trying to make Gryffindor Quidditch Robes for both Halloween and the HP movie ^^" However, I'm going to try to KNIT a bloody sweater for it ^^" I mean, I could just as easily dye some stuff, but its my last ditch effort if I'm having problems getting this together. If that happens, then I'll be reverting to prolly to Kyleen. But we'll see ^^"

Brita_Lee
09-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I was thinking about what days I wanted to wear my costumes, and I was wondering if we wanted to do this for Friday? I think I'd prefer to wear Sodina on Friday cause I'll be in a Sodina mood I think. ^^ If not, Saturday could also work. ^^ We don't need to worry about it quite yet seeing as the con is 2 months away, but time goes by quicker than you might think. ^^'

Lady_Sodina
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I'm good with either Friday or Saturday, cause right now I don't think I'm going to be at the con on Sunday. I won't know if I'm doing either Meis or Kyleen until after Halloween though (depends on if I've finished my Quidditch robes in time for Halloween or not ^^" Lolz)

DiGi_Rin
09-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Lady Sodina, can't you buy those hogwart robes at costumes stores?

Anyways I think we should be thousand arms for friday, because I'm working super hard on my tsubasa chronicles costume right now for saturday of the con

Lady_Sodina
09-30-2005, 04:39 PM
I could, but they won't be as well done, not the Quidditch robes anyways. Well... the ones I've seen that are pre-made weren't amazingly done. I mean, I've seen school robes out there that are ok, but still. ^^" I'm just picky... and really like making costumes *^^* I dunno, I'm no longer a fan of just buying them, I want to make them on my own *^^* Otherwise, I feel as if I'm cheating, lolz.

Friday then? Rock on, works for me.

Brita_Lee
09-30-2005, 07:21 PM
S'all good! I'm all for Friday. I'll be there with bell on. ^^ Sodina wears a bell...heh heh

Brita_Lee
11-04-2005, 10:47 PM
I've now gotten the fabric I need for Sodina. Once I finish Tohru, I'll be working on my last CnB costume! Yay! ^^

Lady_Sodina
11-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Alright, can no longer do the Meis costume (funds ^^") but I could pull off Kyleen, HOWEVER, once again due to funds, I'm only here on the Saturday... and probably rewearing gryffindor quidditch robes then. I mean, I could bring kyleen's costume as well, it's just I can't make it on friday.

Sorry guys ^^" I really hope to see pics of this!!

Brita_Lee
11-06-2005, 01:49 AM
It's okay, we still love you Sodina. ^^ Kyleen will be fun to see! Hope it all works out.

Brita_Lee
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Umm....What time and what day is this happening? Kind of important. ^^'

DiGi_Rin
11-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I think we aggreed on friday>?

akina_chan666
11-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Yup ^^ I think Friday's perfect. Will everyone have their thousand arms cosplay done for Friday?

Brita_Lee
11-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Well yeah ^^. I am starting Sodina now. My sewing machine is being a bugger though, so most of it may be made at my friends house. ^^ It WILL be finished. I can beat this thing, just like I beat Tohru (well, my friend and I had to tackle Tohru together ^^).

Lady_Sodina
11-13-2005, 11:37 PM
I won't be there on friday, so if I'm missing the photoshoot, I"m not going to bother making Kyleen ^^" I'll do a good TA costume eventually, I just don't have the time right now ^^" Sorry guys!!

DiGi_Rin
11-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Maybe we should do these costumes for another covention since they take quite a time to complete as well.

I've just started to re-make my Marion costume and it's take literally forever since I want it this time to not fall apart so I'm making it in the best quality I possibably can plus it's pretty hard making a dress for Yuuko and a whole Marion costume again at the same time.

Also my sister is grounded and now can't go. So we have no Wyna and we have no Kyleen now :'(

So I think it may be best to make it for another convention.

Brita_Lee
11-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Alrighty then. This would be dissapointing, but I think this is less stress on my part. Now I can wait for a new sewing machine come Christmas time. ^^'

Lady_Sodina
11-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Good plan, then I'd actually be able to go through and MAKE Meis, cause I honestly wouldn't mind making that. But I'd need the time to do the sword AND hammer ^^" The rest isn't too difficult, maybe just time consuming ^^"