PDA

View Full Version : Gathering of the Fellowship 2006

Enk
08-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Thir site is down atm, but is anyone going to the Gathering of the Fellowship July 1st-4th, 2006?

http://www.tolkiengathering.com/

Sarcasm-hime
08-31-2005, 02:03 AM
I wanted to, but had heard that they were charging exorbitant rates to attend the Banquet/Masquerade, and that's even if you want to be IN the masquerade. So if I have to pay something like $200 to enter a masquerade, no thank you. :P

Enk
08-31-2005, 12:49 PM
I wanted to, but had heard that they were charging exorbitant rates to attend the Banquet/Masquerade, and that's even if you want to be IN the masquerade. So if I have to pay something like $200 to enter a masquerade, no thank you. :P

yea, I just checked the pricing and yea... 200 dollars... for something I barely paid 100 for iin 2003. I e-mailed them to justify those prices to me. I didn't mind paying a hundred dollars knowing that the proceeds went to ProLiteracy. Currently, they only have this tiny banner and nowhere is anything mentioned about donations. That hurts my poor little heart :(

Oselle
08-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Mouu. I had a (mostly) great time at the Gathering in 2003, but the prices are just too high this time around. Especially because despite the addition of an extra day and the picnic on the 1st (which IIRC is open to the public anyways), all of the other programming seems to be very very similar. They need to offer me a whole lot more if I'm to pay that much.

Sadness, because I had been planning a major costume for the event...but I've been losing enthusiasm for it for a while now, so perhaps it wasn't meant to be. We'll see, I could change my mind, but on the whole I am unimpressed with the Gathering's organization.

Enk
08-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Sadness, because I had been planning a major costume for the event...but I've been losing enthusiasm for it for a while now, so perhaps it wasn't meant to be. We'll see, I could change my mind, but on the whole I am unimpressed with the Gathering's organization.

ditto. I was going to finalize my Yavanna costume for this event. That makes me sad. 2003 was one of the funnest, prhaps *the* funnest, convention I went to even if things were a bit rough around th edgs. *argh... kills 'e' button*

Chanilye
08-31-2005, 03:56 PM
I hope they improve the Masquerade for the Gathering in 2006. Last time it was an organizational mess, although there were some wonderful costumes.

I'm thinking of just attending the July 1st picnic, as you don't need a full membership to go to that. There's a costume contest planned for that event as well.

Oselle
08-31-2005, 07:21 PM
I hope they improve the Masquerade for the Gathering in 2006. Last time it was an organizational mess, although there were some wonderful costumes.

I'm thinking of just attending the July 1st picnic, as you don't need a full membership to go to that. There's a costume contest planned for that event as well.

Ditto. Though I'm not sure I'd do a major costume for the picnic, I just think it might be fun. Ah well, lots of time to decide!

Enk
09-01-2005, 12:15 AM
it'd be fun to do a major costume for outside as there is no space. my costume involves 6ft wings with a similar span and such but yea...just for one picnic is too much