PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Cherry Blossom Festival Parade

Pages : [1] 2

Eurobeat King
01-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone,

For those of you living in San Francisco, CA or the BayArea, there's an event coming up in April that's not a convention but IS cosplay related. On Sunday, April 20th, is the annual Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, which is the highlight of the 2-weekend CBF which celebrates Japanese arts, crafts, and culture. Similar to Japan Expo but it takes place throughout Japantown center. The Parade, on the 2nd Sunday of the festival, involves a lot of groups involving communities & cultures, such as school groups, city officials, and advertisements. You'll see floats containing Taiko Drummers, kimono-clad dancers, and beauty-paegant queens. :D The cosplay part is represented by Japan Video, a video store that I go to often to rent videos, and each year their section in the parade is a gathering of cosplayers representing anime and videogames. Each year the # of cosplayers grows as they offer prizes to the best costumes, (like DVD's, or even a GIANT STUFFED TOTORO) and it gives them a chance to walk down the streets of San Francisco in costume, and wave to the crowd of onlookers. :) Last year (I missed it because I was at A-cen) they had a float, and a few cosplayers who had the best-looking costumes got to sit or walk on the float and wave to the people.

I'll probably go this year, since it doesn't conflict with any cons (it takes place 2 weeks AFTER Sakuracon) and probably cosplay either Shinji or Endless Waltz Trowa, although.. it may not be too wise to cosplay a boyscout-nazi costume in front of the people and police.. :thumbsup:

So whoever's interested in going, post a reply and which costume you plan to wear. See you all there!!

MargauxZ
01-28-2003, 06:18 PM
I wonder if there's one in DC this year. I def. want to make a costume kimono for that.

(Or just wear the hideous lime green one I made for Mama Kurata from Kodocha....)

Michi
01-28-2003, 07:27 PM
I'll be going, and most hopefully as Ryuuzaki Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth in armor. I should have Hikaru & Fuu with me. ^^ I want to have an Ascot and Ferio, but the Knights are responsible for the costumes for them and I don't know if we can really finish those two as well as the armor & sword work and everything.
I didn't cosplay last year for the parade (though I did in '00 and '01), so I'm trying to do something big this year. XD

videogirlc
01-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Will definately be there hopefully with my Umi costume finished and the Ascot costume finished for my boyfriend. All depends how much work school pounds down on me. If not we'll be there as Miroku and Sango.

Miaka No Baka
01-29-2003, 11:24 AM
I'll be there but I dunno what I'll be cosplaying as... I'll just be sure to wear sunscreen this time and make sure I'm more covered up on my shoulders than last year. Stupid SF being all sunny and warm last year *shakes fist* I might wear my padudu costume but I'm afraid if I do and am not picked if I could handle the walking in the giant fish, lol plus i'll probably get tons of people behind me stepping on the tail. hrmmm decisions decisions.

Miaka no Baka

Babbit_Chan
01-29-2003, 01:27 PM
I'm SO trying to go this year since I missed just about everything last year ^_^

Aoshi Shinomori
01-29-2003, 01:57 PM
I'll probably go this year.. might cosplay or might not..ill probably see u there Al

Kenshin Ken
01-31-2003, 01:41 PM
I'll be goin of coruse ^^v jsut as every year since 00' ^^.

Although I'm not too sure on what I'll bring this time around... ^^;

Nadeshiko
02-09-2003, 07:52 PM
My boyfriend (he posts as Subaru The Baka here) and I are planning on going. He's either going as Seishirou Sakurazuka or Subaru Sumeragi. I'll just be going as Pepper from Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. Or if he plans to go as Subaru, I'll crossplay as Seishriou...hehe...hya all the way! XD

Eurobeat King
02-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Whoever went last year to the CBF parade, did they judge the contestants BEFORE or AFTER the parade? Any info you can provide would be helpful.. :confused: Because..

I'll most likely wear my Trowa (Endless Waltz) costume, but it's the arm-band I think that might cause a little restlessness in the crowd (it's black, and says "M" on it, but added with the costume and people might think it's a nazi-thing.. :thumbsup: So when the costumes are being judged, I'll wear the arm-band for the contest but remove it during the parade, since I'm guessing a lot of people in the audience don't know what anime is. :p

Babbit_Chan
02-09-2003, 09:10 PM
If I can get Kikyo together, I'll probably cosplay her for the parade. Not sure if I'll enter in the costume contest ^^;

Miaka No Baka
02-10-2003, 03:36 AM
for the costume contest they had you line up and sign up and they gave you a nbr then they had you line up by nbr and they had this little area where the judges were. It was pretty informal they mainly asked you what series you were from and if you are cosplaying something uncommon you can give them a picture or plushie or whatever so they can see what it is you are cosplaying as. Then they were done with ya so however long it takes them to judge everyone. Then it was kinda very short notice (as in really close to the parade being ready to start) they shouted out places (3rd on up to 1st) and those nbrs called got to ride on the float and everyone else either got 4th or 5th place (you found out after the parade over by the pagoda and you told them your nbr and they said whatever place you got, you picked between stuffs and you got your goodie bag) everyone wins so it's really cool ^_^ but I dont suggest you go for judging in a group cuz aoshi and I did that last year and because of it they deleted his nbr and forgot to write it next to mine so they showed him as not even participating so when he went to go get his prize they got all confused ^_^;;;

but yeah it was fun ^_^ I'll most likely be going again and it's fun to be able to kick back and talk with friends while you wait forever for the parade to start ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

videogirlc
02-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Do you think they'll try to keep us in threes lines throughout the parade again?

Miaka No Baka
02-10-2003, 11:50 AM
hehe I remember how we all started out lined up but then the lines just merged and we wound up in a massive group instead of being in lines according to series like they had at the begining. Since it's not like we actually all get together and practice the pace of marching along in the parade there's not much they can do to keep us in line ^_^;

Oh yeah remember to choose your shoes wisely. Hills plus quite a walk will kill your feet esp if you're wearing bad shoes.

Miaka no Baka

Babbit_Chan
02-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Miaka: It sounds fun - I guess I'll enter this year ^_^ Are tabi suitable for long periods of walking >>;

Miaka No Baka
02-12-2003, 11:40 AM
are you walking in just tabi socks? I've never worn a pair so I dont know if they're cushioned or not. If I remember correctly I said "screw the correct shoes to the costume" and wore a pair of sneakers just to make sure I'd be comfortable. ^_^; just try walking around on hard ground like outside and see if they're comfortable enough for you. oh yeah remember to come in costume cause I don't think there were nearby bathrooms to change in as we meet by city hall in this park place by there.

it's gonna be fun ^_^ perhaps we can get a cosplay.com photo shoot together since it seems like quite a few members will be there ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Babbit_Chan
02-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Gah, I put tabi instead of zori ^^; How long, do you know, is the walk? I might wear slippers instead :P

A photoshoot sounds cool =D

Miaka No Baka
02-12-2003, 01:18 PM
umm I forget the length I just remember it taking a bit cause of how slow you walk it but I think it goes from city hall to japantown.

From Civic Center, up Polk to Post, down Post to Webster (according to a website I found)

I think it ended around where the 2 buildings meet by the pagoda in japantown. for zori I dunno I'd wear them for a day straight and see how your feet handle it. everyone is different to what kind of shoes they can wear all day long ^_^; like how I dont see how lots of women can wear those 4 inch heels every day at work X_X I still have yet to decide what I'll wear for the parade I'll have to talk to aoshi and see what he's going as and maybe he can help me decide ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Dark Vision
02-12-2003, 08:38 PM
I thinks it time for a road trip!!!! Hmm must ponder how to get there.

Chas
02-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Whee~ I'm gonna try really hard to go since it's so close to my birthday. I really hope I can come. When I last visited San Fransisco, I saw pictures of last years and it looked really neat! ^^

Michi
02-25-2003, 04:07 PM
*kicks up thread* Yay! Chas-oniichan! (even if I'm not always Pirika, you are always 'niichan! XD) Go go go!

It keeps getting bigger and bigger every year. @_@ 2002 was insane, and I remember how small it was in 2000... Mwah.

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Im going to try my best to attend..................

RyuHayabusaDOA2
02-25-2003, 05:29 PM
I;ll be going as well. I hope i have a month's time to work on my Domon costume. if not, I'll just show up as me. :D

Umi
02-25-2003, 07:54 PM
I doubt I'll be done with my costume by then. School and midterms are so evil! >__< But I'll be floating around the festival anyways so be prepared for massive picture posing! =D

PikminLink
02-26-2003, 12:48 AM
I called them up today and i signed up!! They told me that the sign up time for the *whatever it was* is going to be at 10:30 on April 20th at the city hall........i think thats right..............but yeah..
......I AM GOING TO BE THERE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA <\^_~/>

Eurobeat King
03-06-2003, 11:40 PM
I signed up last weekend, and I'm entry #25! Hopefully it'll double by next month when it gets here, since I'm hoping it'll be a good turn-out like last year. :) I signed up for my Trowa costume, and it looks like I will be wearing my Endless Waltz Trowa for the parade. heehee I figure I might as well have fun and see if I cause any problems for the city officials and spectators wearing that.. :thumbsup: I plan to take a picture with some real-life boyscouts for a silly picture, and see how they react.. :D hehe Hope to see everyone there next month!

Michi
03-07-2003, 12:12 AM
You're silly, Al. :P Real-life boyscouts. *falls over*

Geh, I have to get my butt to Japantown and register. ~_~ Maybe this weekend...

Babbit_Chan
03-07-2003, 12:41 AM
We have to register? Blah, I'll have to do it soon o_O

Michi
03-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Well, if you want to be judged on your costume, yes, y'do. ^_^

videogirlc
03-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Babbit_Chan you can call them and register over the phone.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-07-2003, 02:58 PM
*must finish repairs on my car before then and then I'll work on my costume* :D

PikminLink
03-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
I signed up last weekend, and I'm entry #25!

huh? when i signed up over the phone, they didnt give me an entry #.........um is that bad????

videogirlc
03-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Not at all. They give you your number when you show up.

Michi
03-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Yeah, they'll call you off during judging. ^^ Don't worry.

PikminLink
03-08-2003, 02:50 AM
okay...good.....had me scared there for a while ^^ .....hehehe

Nadeshiko
03-09-2003, 01:16 AM
The joys of living in wine country...bah, it takes forever to get to SF via public transit. -_-;

At times like this, I wish I had gone to SFSU. ^_^;

Mmkay...anyone have the phone number for the costume contest? I would really appreciate it!

Michi
03-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Japan Video -- (415) 563-5220

:X

Babbit_Chan
03-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Whee thanks for the number, Michi ^^

Nadeshiko
03-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Japan Video -- (415) 563-5220

:X

Thank you. ^_^

PikminLink
03-10-2003, 04:45 PM
hehehe......i cant wait^^

Michi
03-17-2003, 08:46 PM
*points at attachment*

:D

PikminLink
03-18-2003, 02:22 AM
okay....i need to figure out where are we going to park the car.....can you guys give me a few ideas...we are driving from fairfield.....and were do you think would be best??.........how long of a walking distance is JP town from the civic center?
well..um yeah.......thanks!

Eurobeat King
03-18-2003, 03:13 AM
It's about a good 20-25 minute walk from Japantown to City Hall & civic Center. You can however, take the 38 Geary bus (costs $1) and it'll take you from J-town to VanNess Street, and then you walk about 5-6 blocks and you'll be at the Civic Center. Taking the bus and then walking only takes about 10 minutes.

I'm probably going to get to Japantown early (like before 10am), and park my car a few blocks up. I'll walk around the mall area for a little bit, to see if anyone else is there, and when time comes, I'll bus & walk to the civic center when it's time to meet up with everyone. :)

I think I'll wait until I get to the Civic Center before i change into EW Trowa.. :thumbsup:

videogirlc
03-18-2003, 03:26 AM
Where near the civic center do you dress up? I usually just go down there in costume on the bus. All the way from treasure island.

Miaka No Baka
03-18-2003, 04:08 AM
I called and registered and like william told me they'd be calling everyone the week before because they haven't got the times straightened out yet. So ppl who were gonna get there by 10 I'd wait for their call so that way if they bump the judging up to 9 or so you wont miss it ^_^; as for parking uhh I went with a friend who wasn't in costume so he parked the car over by japantown and he dropped us off by the civic center area so we didn't have to really walk far... If you have a friend who can do that it's the easiest way ^_^ that way you dont have to walk all the way back or something in full costume ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Michi
03-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah. I'd recommend parking at Japantown and taking one of the Muni buses to the Civic Center. There's a big parking garage at Japantown, too.
Link ~ If I show up early enough, I can just meet you guys at Japantown and help. ^_^; <3

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-18-2003, 01:48 PM
I'll probably will Take BART and get off there and walk towards j-town.. the walking part is hella easy as well, for me anyways :D

PikminLink
03-18-2003, 03:32 PM
well....im planning on leaving my house in my costume.......it takes a while to dress up so im better off dressing up at home.......i might feel abit funny walking around sf in costume

PikminLink
03-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah. I'd recommend parking at Japantown and taking one of the Muni buses to the Civic Center. There's a big parking garage at Japantown, too.
Link ~ If I show up early enough, I can just meet you guys at Japantown and help. ^_^; <3

sure....we can meet somewhere

Babbit_Chan
03-18-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm taking BART as well - my mom's coming with, but at least I'll be able to meet Ukayoru :P

videogirlc
03-18-2003, 10:08 PM
I think SF is used to weird people walking around the streets. The worst you'll get is odd stares, I even got some people asking me if there was and anime conventiong going on.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-18-2003, 10:43 PM
VideogirlC: LOL That's funny. well, I'll be ther, hopefully with my Domon Costume done. :D

Miaka No Baka
03-18-2003, 11:29 PM
eh try being dressed as a kawaii pink cat girl heheh ^_^; metreon 2001 aoshi and I were walking down to street to go from our hotel to the metreon and like yeah I got major weird stares and ppl were making comments about me as if I couldn't hear them X_X I just tend to ignore it.

Miaka no Baka

Michi
03-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Psst, Link, clear your PM box. I can't send you anything. XD;

Aoshi Shinomori
03-19-2003, 03:48 AM
*points* freak.. behemoth.. heh

videogirlc
03-19-2003, 04:01 AM
Ahh gotta love the stares of people. You should've seen the look on the bus drivers face as she picked up my group for the stop. It was classic. She looked freaked.

Miaka No Baka
03-19-2003, 12:22 PM
*pokes aoshi's eye out* yeah you were walking with me so yeah they were looking at u weird too =P don't make me sic the mongrel koi on you and yes it IS the deadliest of it's kind.

Miaka no Baka

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-19-2003, 02:11 PM
well, watch me do Domon's poses and signature moves while riding BART. I want to see their reaction LOL :devil:

PikminLink
03-19-2003, 04:48 PM
well...ill be walking down the street as Link, my brother as a jedi, and my friend as someone from yugioh...........now we are really going to get stared at O.o ........

Babbit_Chan
03-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Well I just registered - hope to see everyone there!

PikminLink
03-24-2003, 10:27 PM
did they say anything new?.....um ..is everything going to be as planned? hours and stuff? .........

Michi
03-24-2003, 10:55 PM
I doubt anything would have changed. Don't worry. ^^ <3

PikminLink
03-25-2003, 01:26 AM
...i hope not....i dont want to go there and then i find out im late...because the hours have changed ..........-_- ....*worry*

Michi
03-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Aww. ^^ I'll keep you updated just in case. *snugs*

PikminLink
03-25-2003, 01:46 AM
YAY!!!!!!! thanks....^^ *hugs michi*

Ukayoru no Chou
03-25-2003, 01:53 AM
*worry worry* My mom is not a morning person.....I'm sure something will be said about the 10:am ness..xD

Hmm *makes list of good reasonness stuff * ...Fah...im in for a decent trip from here..x_X;;

edit:

> I'm taking BART as well - my mom's coming with, but at least I'll be able to meet Ukayoru :P<

And my mother...she still owes you starbucks..xD...

Any of you going to mind if I randomly assult ( no jumping , I promise o.O;; ) for picture taking withness ? :D

Michi
03-25-2003, 02:03 AM
I don't mind assaults. XP

Ukayoru no Chou
03-25-2003, 02:06 AM
weeeee! *gives Michi cookies* =3

Michi
03-25-2003, 02:08 AM
Yay! Cookies!

hey, y'know, Starbucks before 'fest doesn't sound bad... *imagining Zelda with a frappuccino now*.. o_o

Ukayoru no Chou
03-25-2003, 02:23 AM
..I'm always in da mood for starbucks *_*;; foamy goodness.
Zelda nee.. o_o;; Its just wrong.. bweee....ok now I'm thinking of people adding for Skittles commercials...*runs*

Michi
03-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Okay that's it. EVERYONE TO STARBUCKS BEFORE CHERRY BLOSSOM. Mwahahaha or not? o_o

Miaka No Baka
03-25-2003, 03:03 AM
I just hope the times don't change. When I called and signed up they didn't give me any time to be there by so I asked and they said they weren't given the schedule yet so that's why they'll be calling everyone the week before to tell you what time to be there by etc... I just hope it's not too earlier than 10 X_X we've got a 2 hour drive from modesto to san fran so yeah... we'd have to leave at like 7ish to get there in time >_< bleh

Miaka no Baka

Michi
03-25-2003, 03:12 AM
Such early early times... Starbucks is sounding better by the second... err each new post.. Yeah. :F

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Starbucks? don't you think we should go eat after?

Ukayoru no Chou
03-25-2003, 03:25 PM
I think she wants to ( I want to toooo!!! *jumps around * ) go get starbucks *before* the parade..and yea...^_____^;

Michi
03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Ryu ~ Yes? I always go out to eat at Japantown in a group after the parade. It's like a ritual. I was just thinking of the idea of Starbucks BEFORE the parade for people to wake up and walk that much. :P Since some people are coming from far away for this.

Ukayoru ~ Yay. XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Michi: Oh ok. well, that's ok by me then. starbucks is fine by me. I'll just take a hot mocha as usual lol XD

Michi
03-25-2003, 05:17 PM
It's ALL about mocha coconut frappuccinos.

videogirlc
03-25-2003, 07:23 PM
No coffee for me. Give me a Starbucks chocolate croissant and I'm happy.

Michi
03-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Chocolate croissant? Goodness that sounds tempting.. *_* Never had one of those. Haha cosplay party at Starbucks!

videogirlc
03-25-2003, 08:18 PM
What starbucks will this be at now?

Michi
03-25-2003, 08:21 PM
What's the closest one near Japantown/City Hall? o.o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 08:34 PM
hmm..I think it's on Van Ness.... but I can't remember if it's before Geary or after geary

zoinomiko
03-25-2003, 08:58 PM
*.* Michi chocolate croissants are the yummiest breakfast pastry ever. XD~~

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 09:10 PM
I know there are 2 on Market street as well near the civic center.. I just remembered that detail as well

Michi
03-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Carrie, really? I'll have to try them then. ^____^ They sound temptingly yummy.

http://go.vicinity.com/starbucksd/GeoFindUS.dsp?AD2=Laguna+Street&AD3=San+Francisco%2C+CA&AD4=USA&FC=RETAIL&countryname=&x=56&y=21

o_O??

Ukayoru no Chou
03-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Wahhh so fun. ^_^; *dances around with Michi*
Well I'm all set and junk..I think (*work on costume* v_V )

*kicks the link Michi gave* my computers being an ass again..-_-; Anyways, so does everyone ( or anyone ) wanna go like Ryu and Michi said to go eat afterwards..o_o; Where you usally go Michiness? .....Chocolate Crossant..O_O; ...d00d.. I just saw one..*just got back from starbucks*
Hey is that coconut frap hot or cold? <-- mom wants to know xD
Carmel Frapps, or a Lowfat chi ( chai? ) tea latte for me =9

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 09:47 PM
1231 Market Street
1231 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
United States
(415) 522-1438

This one sounds like a feasible location..since it's close to the civic center. market street and Van Ness..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Ukayoru no Chou: I'm down with that ^_^

Michi
03-25-2003, 09:51 PM
The mocha coconut frappuccinos are iced ones. ^____^ They're soooo good.

Is that the closest one, Ryu? We don't all want to be late for the parade because we were getting coffee. XD I'm going to be marching and slurping a frappuccino. This is great. ^^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Michi: yep..that's the closest one...I haven't been to j-town in a while, but I know of a place that sells ramen..been craving their seafood ramen for a while now LOL XD, so I can wait till the festival. well, we should all meet there early...I think like around 9-10 a.m since the parade starts at noon.

Michi
03-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Well check-in for the parade and judging is 10:30 am..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 10:11 PM
the one closest to j-town is this one, but it's on van ness as well:
Bush & Van Ness - S.F.
1401 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109
United States
(415) 474-7095
Go here for map (http://go.vicinity.com/starbucksd/mapPrx.d?E=sL-W4fE5N7IM9w-GEbY0YRo9mlKWYzepormaU05znsnAYRtjRhGj2aUpZjN6miuZp UZfZr8TJTfz5_Wzb4V5yJc6HSybFh8GeulTxh9mvxMlN-Pn5bOk589dKnoDYn3xJST7VOXVXFS8wV570ucNdKnuhi_uZne8 tmTM92ulTz1J7rjDrpU89Se66A66UEyOSB10pCZQ66UrhLpuHX TeJznH2a-EyU38_fls2_FeciXOh0smunkW4_nE*286X2*2989j9Kn0tHXTF XQO8ZFMWO8ZFMMNBMtL_k8tnvGRTIDYn3xJST7VOXVXFS8wV55 70uZinzQNvGRTOhisreMmGAxWVvGTCT_XBsT74kpJ9qnLqrjeM lv1foDgreMl9J5D70uZt4k4DCNscc0e5rlKWYzejdz7nKjLvFH zAYRtjjmj3NcpSzGb0bufc94t_K57SfHxTm59yxdpd2pd-E)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Michi: oh ok..well, I guess 8 a.m? XD

PikminLink
03-25-2003, 10:14 PM
um.....im lost.....i havent been in SF in a while...and i never been to starbucks before.....so um yeah......im lost.......*i want to goooo*

Michi
03-25-2003, 10:17 PM
I think we should go to the closest one near City Hall just so that we're.. there.. just in case. :X What's the address for City Hall? X_x; I didn't know it so I just put in Laguna Street since Jtown's near there.

Liiiiink~u, tell me when you'll arrive and I'll find you and drag you to Starbucks. >D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Michi: City Hall is located here:
City Hall is located at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, in San Francisco
go here for map: map of location of city hall (http://www.sfgov.org/site/cityhall_index.asp?id=5244)
Starbucks:
1231 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 522-1438
go here for map (http://go.vicinity.com/starbucksd/mapPrx.d?E=sL-W4fE5N7IM9w-GEbY40TTfNKUsxm9L7NPqU05znsnAYRtjjRNN80pSzGb0vs0_p UZVmgvxMlN-Pn5bOk589iw_DPXSp4wrNBfiZKb_fPy2dJz566VPQGxPviSkn2 qcuquKl5grz3pc4a6VPdDF9czO95bMmZ7tdKnnqT3XGHXSp56k 910B10oJkckDrpSEyh10pXCXTcOum8TnOKzQX4mSm-nz8tnSc_eunkW4_nE*286X2*2987MYpfUEddMVdA7xkUxY7xkU ww0Ey0v6Ty2e8ZFMgNiffElJPtU5dVcVLzBXnnvS5mKfNA28ZF M6GKyt4yYYDFZW8ZMJP5cGxPviSkn2qcuquN4yW-V_gOCt4yX0nkPvS5m3iTgMI2xxzR7muUpZjN6N3PucqMu8UfMB hG2OOaPc1ylLMZvRu59z3i349bSfHxTm59yxdpd2pd-E)
now check the locations, so for me, this is close to City Hall

Michi
03-25-2003, 11:31 PM
That one sounds good and close for before the parade. ^_^ I say we go to that one, then. :D Everyone? ^__^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Michi:Ok, I'm down to go there as well. Now, we wait for the responses. :D

Babbit_Chan
03-25-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm in if no one minds =3

videogirlc
03-26-2003, 12:29 AM
Whats the cross street? And what time at starbucks?

Michi
03-26-2003, 12:38 AM
I dunno, I'd say between 9:30 and 10 since the check-in is at 10:30.. It's on Market between Larkin and Hyde. It's like two blocks from Civic Center Plaza.

Everyone is welcome. :X I love scaring the locals in costume.

Ukayoru no Chou
03-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Timee, we need a timmmeee~ o_o; 8 o_o;; argh.. I know it takes..me..two hours....or something..hmmm..>>;;
*dead tired* faah- oh and what about after? *yawn--trudges off*

either I'm blind or Michi posted before me... er....yea..gomen..---;;;

videogirlc
03-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Scaring the locals is always fun.

Michi
03-26-2003, 01:22 AM
I posted like a minute around you. That's why. ^^ I think those're good times... Everyone?

Eurobeat King
03-26-2003, 02:19 AM
ooh, starbucks sounds good. :) I'll need to get a drink from them before the parade to keep my energy going until we eat lunch afterwards. :thumbsup: So 10:30am is the meeting time at the Civic Center lawn area, huh? OK.. I'll be there before then.

My plan for the CBF Sunday is:

8:30-8:45am: Pick up friends and then go to J-town and park. (I need to get there early to find parking a few blocks away from j-town to avoid the costly parking-lot fees..

9-9:45am: Wander around J-town to see if anything is open, and see if any cosplayers are there to take a few pictures either outside the mall by the pagoda or outside Mikado by the waterfall.

9:45-10:15am: Take the MUNI bus and get to the Civic Center meeting area, stopping by Starbucks beforehand.. ;)

10:30am: The fun begins!!

After the parade, when we're all back at Japantown, we'll stick around J-video to see who won the prizes, and then take pictures of cosplayers before they change out of costume.. Then comes a long-awaited SUSHI LUNCH!! :D hehe After that will come more pictures of people who are still in costume, and then drive my friends home.. It'll be a BUSY but FUN day, so see you all in less than a month!

Michi
03-26-2003, 02:47 AM
Yay! This is sounding like it'll turn out to be lots more fun than I thought. ^_^!

Babbit_Chan
03-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Gah that 'less than a month' keeps reminding me that I have to actually FINISH my costume -_-

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-26-2003, 11:42 AM
I guess 10 a.m it is then. Yeah, I can't wait to meet everyone now, even if I don't show up in costume :D

PikminLink
03-26-2003, 04:35 PM
um.....i might be there between 9-10....i dont know yet...

Michi
03-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
Gah that 'less than a month' keeps reminding me that I have to actually FINISH my costume -_-

ME TOO. *dies* :hafha:

PikminLink
03-26-2003, 04:38 PM
michi......i just sent you a pm......i have to go to class soon

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-26-2003, 08:02 PM
you both and me as well..
I need to work on my costume as well

Michi
03-26-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm worried that it won't be done on time. *snugs Link* But I'll work hard. I'm just so low on cash. T_T

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Michi: do a garage sale! That's what I'm planning to do next month. to raise $ for Fanime and AX

Michi
03-26-2003, 09:18 PM
^^; I can't.. do a garage sale.. I'm 17. ^^; I'm just going to try and get a job I guess. ~.~

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Michi: Oh ok.. well, I guess that's the only way...

PikminLink
03-27-2003, 03:14 PM
.....michi......if you ever get to come over here....than i could help on your outfit a bit.........

Michi
03-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Link~ <3 I'm going to try my best to.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-29-2003, 02:40 AM
well, I guess I'll be there as well.

Michi
03-29-2003, 03:03 AM
Haha problem solved ~ I picked a new, easier costume to do. ^_^ I feel lots better about the parade now. ^^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Michi: which costume is that?

Michi
03-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Malon from the Legend of Zelda. ^_^

videogirlc
03-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Yaay a Malon!! Still working on my Rayearth cosutmes, might be able to finish them, but I'm cutting it close. Otherwise I'll be there as Sango from Inu Yasha.

Babbit_Chan
03-29-2003, 10:54 PM
I look forward to both your Malon and Sango costumes ^^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Hopefully, I'll be able to have my domon costume done in time for that. I can't wait since i missed ani-jam

Chas
03-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Iyaaaaah..... ;_; I am so sad.

Because of the war and all of that crap, and because it's Easter Sunday in a big city, My parents decided to NOT let me attend. This really sucks because there were quite a few people that I really wanted to see, I wanted to use this opportunity to cosplay Hikaru from Hikaru No Go again, and it was also my birthday present, since my birthday is just ten days before.

So I guess I won't be coming. ._. Sorry.

Michi
03-30-2003, 11:32 PM
;______; I'd go and kidnap you if I could, Chas-onicchan. ;-; I'll miss you! That's so sad. ._.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-31-2003, 04:46 PM
well, only 3 weeks now. I hope to see yous there.

PikminLink
04-04-2003, 01:15 AM
........i hope i could finish my outfit..........im soo stressed out over my classes here.......i have to do 40 pages...typed for this semester alone..............whaaaaa.......*runs away*..........

Babbit_Chan
04-04-2003, 04:31 AM
I feel horrible about complaining that I have nothing to do when I have costumes to finish and Pikmin has major homework x_X

Michi
04-04-2003, 06:27 AM
I wish I could help you out more, Link. ._. I'm just spazzing about money, though I have nothing else to really take care of.. 'cept for getting a job, of course.. Blaaaaaah.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 11:24 AM
well..it's now like what, 14 days till the festival? I must get cracking on them LOL XD

Michi
04-04-2003, 11:34 AM
DON'T REMIND ME. XP!!!!!

*runs away to plan out her costume* ;_;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Michi: oh ok..I won't remind you.
*chuckling insanely*

Michi
04-04-2003, 12:09 PM
;______; Liar.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Michi: LOL I won't...I promise that I won't remind you XD

Babbit_Chan
04-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Someone duct tape Ryu's computer so he can't update the countdown ._.

Michi
04-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Or just duct tape his arms to his body. :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 12:41 PM
No, I will not be duct taped... acck..I won't let you take me away to the countdown funny farm! XD LOL

Michi
04-04-2003, 12:51 PM
AHA! YES! That is EXACTLY where you belong!! *shakefist*!!! :P

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 01:04 PM
well..get this:
it's 14 days! do you know what your costume is doing? LOL XD

Michi
04-04-2003, 01:07 PM
...;_; Not being made!!

Babbit_Chan
04-04-2003, 02:50 PM
My costume is eating itself alive...

Michi
04-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Holy crap. I hope it reguritates itself so that you can wear it. T_T

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 03:27 PM
My costume is eating itself alive...

Babbit-Chan: ROFLMAO XD
The mental image of that is so funny!

videogirlc
04-04-2003, 04:53 PM
And how is your costume coming RyuHayabusaDOA2? Mine just went through seam ripping therapy.

Chas
04-04-2003, 05:00 PM
..... I will now resort to begging. ^_________^

How do these look? ::HUGE BAMBI EYES:: .... Good, no?

::trots off to find a parent to whine at about going.::

...Eek! Maybe your costume is very hungry, Babbit-Chan.... have you fed it any buttons or zippers lately? o_O

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-04-2003, 05:11 PM
Cheryl" I will start working on mine...actually i'm doing it right now as we speak LOL XD

Michi
04-04-2003, 05:19 PM
CHAAAASSSSS. Good luck. T_T

Babbit_Chan
04-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Chas: I gave it a good taste of my scissors - it's starting to cooperate >/

Ryu: You're just starting yours? o_O Wait who am I to talk :p

Michi
04-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Haha me too.. I'm starting this weekend.. I hope. ~_~ At least I have the hair!! >_>;;

Babbit_Chan
04-05-2003, 01:40 AM
I have... the socks and, the pattern pieces for my top *crawls away and dies*

videogirlc
04-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Have about everything done but the armor for Umi. Ascot is more done I think than Umi. Aaah Cherry Blossom is soclose.

Michi
04-05-2003, 01:50 PM
This has turned into the costume angst thread. I LOVE IT. o_o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Babbit-Chan: going to see if I can buy the gloves today..or something LOL XD

Babbit_Chan
04-06-2003, 03:22 AM
This has turned into the costume angst thread. I LOVE IT. o_o

Oh goodie - I've got plenty of that x_X Just when I actually get started on the stupid thing, I forget the bobbin still has blue thread so one side of the collar band has a blue seam on the front.

waynekaa
04-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Michi should wear Mai for Cherry Blossom.

Michi
04-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by waynekaa
Michi should wear Mai for Cherry Blossom.

Yes, because that's oh so smart to wear on San Francisco streets. ~_~

Ukayoru no Chou
04-06-2003, 01:47 PM
xD *waves hands in front of everyones faces* EVERYBODY BETER BE DOING GOOOOD XD. I don't want to see anymore angst! Just postivive " I got of my ass and put on that bloody button! >D "

^_~ and then everything will be dandy.

I'm only half worried T_T; & to be sure, Starbucks at 10ish? *bounces away*

Michi
04-06-2003, 01:50 PM
*kicks Wayne*

Yeah, Ukayoru, I think we're meeting at 10-10:30 at Starbucks.. ^_^ waha. Coffee in costume! Awyeah! Need a big group photo of that, in the shop and all. XD

Ukayoru no Chou
04-06-2003, 02:19 PM
*pictures cheesy infomercial stance* If Malon drinks it, you can drink it ^_~.

Michi
04-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Haha yesh. XD I'll be having a frappuccino anyway, which is milked down coffee... So I'm sorta in character? ^.~ Lon Lon Coffee, YAY!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-06-2003, 05:46 PM
I guess I'll see if I can work on something quick..if not, I'll just show up as me. look for the dude with a black trigun shirt and jeans..that'll be me. I'll be bringing my Fanimecon badge from last year as well. Coffee and Donuts in the morning, YUM! :D

Babbit_Chan
04-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Ryu: I don't think I can miss you - you're twice my size x_@

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Babbit-chan: Oh ok. true..you can't miss me LOL XD

Michi
04-07-2003, 12:16 AM
I'm suddenly envisioning Ryu hiding behind Babbit-chan or something.

I need sleep. p_q

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Michi: LOL...yeah..she'll be like, I have nothing there and my head would be sticking out...
and me need sleep as well XD stayed up till 4 a.m playing FF9

videogirlc
04-07-2003, 02:59 AM
Anyone know if there is a restroom at the starbucks so that I can change into costume there?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Cheryl: yep, they do. they do have a restroom there.

moo
04-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Ugh, bathroom changing. I've done that many times and it's never fun. I suggest you have newspaper with you to lay down on the icky bathroom floor so your feet or costume parts don't touch the floor and pick up cooties and other things I'd rather not think about. :)

Michi
04-08-2003, 04:34 AM
I'm coming in costume. ^___^ and it's comfy enough that I may not change, but I'll bring a t-shirt and jeans just in case..

videogirlc
04-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Still debating wether I should go there in costume. Thanks for the tip moo.

Babbit_Chan
04-08-2003, 10:52 AM
I've changed into my Utena costume in a bathroom twice (@ RECCA and the Starbucks my sister works at) and didn't have much of a problem, but with a fuller/more accessorized costume maybe not =/

I think I'm coming in costume.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-08-2003, 02:15 PM
well, who's going this weekend to the festival?

Michi
04-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Duuuude. I NEED to go at some point -- I still haven't signed up!!! *dies*

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-08-2003, 03:29 PM
well, why haven't you, Michi?

Michi
04-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Because I have no ride into the city? @_@; And I'm afraid my info'll get messed up if I do it over the phone, because I suck at phonecalls.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Michi: oh ok. I got ya. well, there is hurt in trying, is there?

Michi
04-08-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm gonna try and register this weekend if I can. @_@ Yay I'm awesome. Always cutting it close. ~.~

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-08-2003, 08:35 PM
and since you are like me, we are big, i mean really big procrastinators, Michi. :D

Babbit_Chan
04-08-2003, 10:41 PM
*ears twitch* Procrastinators? Why yes I am ^_^ But nao I'm even more pressed to finish it - I volunteered myself to hand out the Japanese snacks (see chat thread) in my semi-Shinto costume so :P

Michi
04-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Japanese snacks...? I want.

I don't suppose I can register the day OF the parade.. XD; I hope I can drop by Japantown this weekend. o_O

Ukayoru no Chou
04-09-2003, 12:39 AM
You better get signed up Michi..or I'll cry..XP

Michi
04-09-2003, 12:56 AM
I've never procrastinated this badly. XD;; I'll make sure to sign up this weekend.. bug a friend to take me into the city for sure.. and finish my costume. *eyes dart* I got someone to make my skirt, so now I just need to drop by the thrift store for my shirt, get gold sculpey to make the Bowser pendant.. make the Triforce belt buckle with the silver sculpey I already have.. and make her neckerchief.. thingy. ^_^ And redye my hair. WOO!

Okay that was unncessarily long. Woo! *goes back to playing Four Swords* :3

Michi
04-09-2003, 02:28 AM
Whee I hate double posting, but I'm just kicking up a bit..

I might not be cosplaying now. @_@ But if I find someone to take me, I might still show up.. >_>

Babbit_Chan
04-09-2003, 02:31 AM
What! After all that costume stress! You owe it to yourself to go :p

Michi
04-09-2003, 02:32 AM
But the stress went away now that I don't absolutely have to get it done.. ^^; Because now I lack a partner..

Babbit_Chan
04-09-2003, 02:36 AM
Because now I lack a partner..

Wait... what? o_O?

Michi
04-09-2003, 02:40 AM
^^; Link can't make it anymore. T_T

Babbit_Chan
04-09-2003, 11:49 AM
For anyone who doesn't know (Didn't find out till today myself :P), here's a list of prizes they'll be giving away:

1st Prize (1 person): All-region DVD Player with an
Ein Plush doll
2nd Prize (3 people): .hack//Sign Limited Edition DVD
Box with an Ein plush doll
3rd Prize (5 people): Record of Lodoss War OVA Box
set with Ein plush doll OR Chobits DVD Box with
stationery set with Ein plush doll
4th Prize (10 people): Spirited Away DVD with Ein
plush OR Castle in the Sky DVD with Ein plush
CONSOLATION PRIZE: Kuro-neko plush doll, Anime DVD or
Poster

-http://www.bayareaanime.com

Miaka No Baka
04-09-2003, 12:26 PM
so does that mean that if you don't place you get nothing? Or are they having it where everyone gets a consolation prize? That was the one thing I liked about the event even if you didn't place you still got a cool bag of goodies for trying ^_^

Miaka no Baka

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Michi: Link not going? how come?

Babbit_Chan
04-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Miaka: I'm hoping the consolation prizes go to everyone - who knows with such an amount of people going, though.

Miaka No Baka
04-09-2003, 01:26 PM
yeah that's true it sounds like they might get an even larger crowd than last year but I think last year they had somewhere close to 100 entries or maybe a little over and they still managed to accomodate everyone with consolation prizes ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Kenshin Ken
04-09-2003, 01:55 PM
hah ^^; man IU gota lottacatching up to do on these forums..I haven't posted around here in a looong time ^^;

QUOTE]Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
yeah that's true it sounds like they might get an even larger crowd than last year but I think last year they had somewhere close to 100 entries or maybe a little over and they still managed to accomodate everyone with consolation prizes ^_^

Miaka no Baka [/QUOTE]

However I wonder about the crowd being smaller this year. Since the parade is taking place on Easter, and no doubt there will be a mess of people who can't come due to religious reasons I guess. I got a few friends of mine that might not come due to their parent's thing for Easter ^^;

Last year there were near about 150 or more participants. I just hope this year, the lady with her little kid in a store-bought pikachu costume doesn't show on up ^^;; I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but I've seen that kid and his mom at every parade... I feel sorry for the boy becuase his mom makes such a fuss over the fact that her boy couldn't get a prize. She says that hey show up and walk through alll that for nothing... in my head I'm thining " riight...now if she only read HOW everyone got here in the first palce, maybe she won't be holding up the line for everyone else now ^^;;. ( eventually she does get a consolation prize cause she makes some sorta fuss).

Kenshin Ken
04-09-2003, 01:56 PM
For anyone who doesn't know (Didn't find out till today myself :P), here's a list of prizes they'll be giving away:

1st Prize (1 person): All-region DVD Player with an
Ein Plush doll
2nd Prize (3 people): .hack//Sign Limited Edition DVD
Box with an Ein plush doll
3rd Prize (5 people): Record of Lodoss War OVA Box
set with Ein plush doll OR Chobits DVD Box with
stationery set with Ein plush doll
4th Prize (10 people): Spirited Away DVD with Ein
plush OR Castle in the Sky DVD with Ein plush
CONSOLATION PRIZE: Kuro-neko plush doll, Anime DVD or
Poster

-http://www.bayareaanime.com

I see they're trying to really give away those Ein Plus dolls ahah ^^;;

Miaka No Baka
04-09-2003, 02:08 PM
yeah i noticed that pikachu kid and was thinking the same thing "store bought" I simply can't stand it when someone enters either a comissioned costume or a store bought one (not streetware I mean like a snow white costume premade stuff) and expects to get awards or prizes for it. It's not fair for those who actually become slaves to their sewing machine to make their own costumes. Also isn't that the whole point of the contest and parade to show off the aspect of cosplaying and making costumes and showing them off ^_^; the fact that there are prizes for those who enter is just a bonus.

Miaka no Baka

Michi
04-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Consolation prizes do go to everyone. o_o That's how they've always done it. Err I dunno about last year, though, I didn't compete.

Link just can't make it. X_x Not her choice.

Heh, none of the prizes appeal to me anyway. ^^; 'Cept maybe a few of the DVDs, but.. meh.

PikminLink
04-09-2003, 04:51 PM
yeesssss....it really sucks....my dad wont let me go......but oh well......ill really try next year........people: please take pictures and upload them....i want to see what went on.........let me know when you guys upload pics^^.........well....it was nice....but this really does suck.......*sniff* i want to gooooo..............

....well maybe next year.................im going to fanime though ^_~ hhehehehe

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Link: well, I hope I see you at Fanime though. we'll have fun there. :D

PikminLink
04-09-2003, 08:06 PM
RyuHayabusaDOA2: your going to fanime? cool^^....who are you going to dress as?.......im not going to go for the whole weekend..just for one day.....but im going to try to find out when..*when the most people are there^^*

Michi
04-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Saturday! Saturday is the day most people are there. *tugs on Link*

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah..Link what Michi said. You can look at my costumes in my costumes in database though. ^_^

PikminLink
04-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Okay..saturday it is!!!..........

Shin
04-10-2003, 10:33 PM
(WHA!!) I just found out about this thread!!!! (bows down to the all-mighty Michi) I'll be going this year as Tellu from Sailor Moon! (Wha-ha!) With about 12 other Sailor Moon people... we'll be one mass of Sailor Moon S villians! SO yea...

That's so sad you can't make it to the parade this year Link! It's a good time (yea it is...) And hopefully my outfit'll be good enoughfor like, a 5th place prize this year... (whine)

I have this other Cherry Blossom thread in the Seeking Cosplayers part, actually...

( http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=226256#post226256 )

(I didn't actually read through all of the posts...) But yea... the float was really unfair. I thought it wasbetter when the winners all walked with us... now they get to ride on a float (meh...)

I'm actually offering rides to the parade to those people who live in the Walnut Creek/ Lafayette/ Moraga/ Concord/ etc. area. If you need a ride to the parade this year pm me and I'll give you directions to my house.. (or like... something) and we'll give you a ride.

Two more weeks! (Yea!!!)

-Shin

Babbit_Chan
04-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Shin: LOL that's really nice that you're offering rides. I'm in Walnut Creek myself, but I'm taking BART with my mom .-.

Michi
04-10-2003, 10:54 PM
You're welcome, Shin!
I'm still deciding if I'll go or not. ^^; I could finish up Sophitia or wear my Yoh costume, I guess. Maybe if I can drag a friend. Feh! I got 3rd place back in '00 and '01 and didn't feel like cosplaying in '02, but I attended.. I'm not so big on it anymore.

I hope the float isn't there again. It's sort of unfair. I liked it better when everyone was together, and the top winners weren't put above everyone (literally).. Nothing against the winners of last year, because most of them were my friends anyway, but.. really. It was a lot more friendly before. ^_^;

Ukayoru no Chou
04-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Please do go! ^_^ I want everyone to go and be all happy..v_v;; *gives Link pat on back* Weee =3 Leesse I get to see you at Fanime, eh? ^^;

Hhehe, well I know im going either way to be in Japantown/near the festival at the time, since my mom wants to go get some stuff, but if my costume isn't done....v.v;;; whatever..I'll prolly be all "frumpy" and " ~_~"...yuuup.

Hopefully it's finished and I get to see you all and say Hi. Nice to meet people before Fanime so I can randomly say Hi then without going through the trouble of really bothering someone from heading off somewhere ( I think..>>)

Michi
04-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Link was the reason I really really wanted to go.. ^^; Sooo.. yeah. I should go bug friends. I don't think I'll be competing, though. I'll just march with everyone.. which I actually did last year, out of costume. hahaha.

Miaka No Baka
04-11-2003, 12:07 AM
oh I hear this year there is no float. So everyone make sure you are comfortable wearing whatever shoes/costumes cause everyone will be walking. Yeah it makes it a lot more fair so then everyone is together ^_^; But the idea of a float was pretty cool, last year sucked cause I had to walk in a long dress which I had to keep holding up to keep people from stepping on it and from it draging on the ground. That was when I wish I got picked to be one of the 3rd top places so I'd just get to sit or stand on the float ^_^; but yeah this should be fun. I wonder if they'll get 300 people this year? that'll be crazy if they do! I also heard you can enter as a group or individual. If you choose to be entered as a group and you win a prize you have to split it amongst yourselves. But this year they are going to be open for people wishing to get judged as a group ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Michi
04-11-2003, 12:18 AM
Group? There's an idea for next year..

Miaka No Baka
04-11-2003, 12:34 AM
yeah last year aoshi and I entered together he was li and I was sakura from ccs but like they weren't really prepared for it but yeah with them saying they're allowing groups will be good ^_^ cause then you don't have to compete with your friends if you're all going together as a group from the same anime or whatever ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

videogirlc
04-11-2003, 04:33 AM
yay no float this year!!

Kenshin Ken
04-11-2003, 08:19 AM

I hope the float isn't there again. It's sort of unfair. I liked it better when everyone was together, and the top winners weren't put above everyone (literally).. Nothing against the winners of last year, because most of them were my friends anyway, but.. really. It was a lot more friendly before. ^_^;

hehe ^^ I agree with ya on that one. Plus the float was a little odd..but it was a float nontheless. Sponsered by Safeway with " supporting Hispanic Americans" on one side...and pictures of p[eople Other than Hispanics on the other ( I think..) ^^;

Combine that with a mess of cosplayers on top in the cherry blossom parade..and what do ya get?....er...^^; I'm not too sure..

Shin
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
wait... "Support Hispanic Americans".... at a Japanese festival (Yea! Gotta love them cultural support signs...>_>) But yea, I'm really hoping I'll be able to finish my outfit ontime- the last couple of years I've been all procrastinating-ish and doing my outfit the night before... (which is why my outfits are always missing something... or really tacky... - -;; ) And I think that the Ein plushie give-away idea's cute! (Who doesn't want their own Ein?) And I'm not sure... do you think it'd be fair if they judged us in one big group would it? I mean... it's kinda flashier having more people, as compared to having only one... (We were going to be judged indivisually in my group. But yea... enough of my rambling!

I'm also going to Fanime this year...(for the first time... ((My first Con! yea...))) And I was thinking about making a Duo outfit for the con (The one where Duo has angel wings and the skyth...) I was wondering if anyone knew where to get semi-inexpensive black wings?.. (Sanku)

Shin

Michi
04-11-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm sure someone in General Costume Help can help with the wings thing, Shin. ^^ You won't get as many replies tagging the question at the end of this thread. :F

Shin
04-11-2003, 07:31 PM
well... I just thought you people might be able to help 'cus you all live in the SF area and I'd be able to go to shops in SF... =] (I'll post else where then...thanks for the suggestion...)

Michi
04-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I know where to get angel wings, but doesn't Duo wear devil ones? ^^;

Miaka No Baka
04-11-2003, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't say it'd be unfair for ur group to be judged as so, just keep in mind if you win anything you would have to share it ^_^; So even if you got first place who'd get to keep the dvd player hehehe... I'll suggest to my friend who helps run it that maybe they should have a ranking for groups separate from individuals so that way the chances at winning are more fair due to you won't be competing with groups if you are entering solo nor would you be competing with individuals if going as a group.

Are a lot of you guys interested in getting judged as a group? If there's a lot of request for that I'll let my friend know.

Miaka no Baka

Babbit_Chan
04-12-2003, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't mind getting judged as a group. I don't care for the DVD player much - more like the DVDs =D

Michi
04-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Err, shouldn't groups be of a costume group of some sorts? I think going as a huge Cosplay.com group would be a bit.. silly, and impossible to spread prizes with. ^_^;

Babbit_Chan
04-12-2003, 01:30 AM
Michi: I was thinking about that... Shouldn't the costumes be relevant to each other o_O

Michi
04-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Errr Miaka did you mean if enough people wanted to enter as mini groups, you'd tell your friend that works there? I think we read it wrong. ^^; I was worried. @_@

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 02:32 AM
How come everytime I want to talk to Shin, I miss her?

well, if no one wants the DVD player, I'll take it :D

Shin
04-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Eh...well... we're all going as one big happy Sailor Moon group, actually. And I was wondering the same thing: if one of the people in the group got say, third place (and we were being judged as a group) would everyone get third prize, or only that person... and how would the prizes be distributed? (I confused myself while talking about this with my mom earlier, actually) So blah- My dad actually reminded me that I only have this weekend and one more day (Saturday) to work on my outfit... agh...

And: In this one picture of Duo I found he was wearing black angel wings instead of the devil wings, which I thought looked cuter. The wings and his girlish looks made me want to cosplay as him (heh...^.^)....so cute...

So if you do know of somewhere to find those wings, Michi, thanks (I guess I should try Hot Topic, but they're so expensive there!)

To Ryu: If ya wanna talk you should just PM me... or something, I suppose...(Wha)

Shin

Michi
04-12-2003, 02:46 AM
I've seen black angel wings at Party City...

I wonder how CBF would work out groups. @_@ Meh.

Tempted to just go as Yoh. Part of me wants to finish Sophitia. Other part wants to not go. ^^;

Haha, Ryu.. I've got my PS2, planning on getting a Japanese PS2 someday, have a DVD player that belongs to me in the living room, and my dad has an all-region DVD player. I don't need that prize, really. XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 02:53 AM
Michi: well, let me have it then LOL XD j/k

Shin: we are doing a gathering of sorts for the people who are going to Fanime and is also for this message board and the fanime one as well. The date is may 25th and the reason, why, we get to go see The Matrix Reloaded! :D

Michi
04-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Pfft, I wouldn't get it. :P if I do enter the parade, I won't be wearing anything nice enough to get a good award. Blah.

Maybe I'll go visit Link instead. >_>

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:02 AM
Wow! You people respond quickly... *all parinoid..*

Another Party?.... Matrix?.... I wanna go this time!!! *prays that one of her cats won't up and die on her this time*

Michi: Party City...? ^.^;;

Michi
04-12-2003, 03:04 AM
Not so much as responding quickly as we have no lives and are on the board too much.

Party City is a party store.. and sometimes they'll have costume stuff like that. ^_^;

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:05 AM
And, meh! Who doesn't have like, 5 DVD players? What's the point... I mean, like last year. Sure Totoro's great and all... but that was kinda a jip for first prize, y'know?

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:06 AM
*is among the lifeless anime fanatics* All I do is refresh... u.u''

(I know what party city is... ....) I'd just have to find one is all

Michi
04-12-2003, 03:10 AM
It sounded like you didn't know. ^^;; Edit posts. :P

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:13 AM
I will. (Sorry for sounding kinda grumpy... if I did...) Yea- well I've got till fanime to find the wings. I'm hoping to find small ones...
-hoping-. And it'd be cool to meet you in person at the parade if you go =9 - or I might just see you at Fanime.

(Don't wanna sound odd- but you're a really pretty cosplayer- ha ^^;; )*kills the smiley* I hate you!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 03:14 AM
Shin: go here to see info on the gathering: http://forums.cosplay.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=10400

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 03:15 AM
Michi:oh i see. well, I hope you do come next weekend. remember the starbucks gathering :D

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:18 AM
yea... Milpitas ... that's kinda far from Walnut Creek, aint it? (I don't know if I'd be able to get there or not...)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 03:20 AM
Shin:well, one people from the board (hopefully) is coming all the way from walnut creek. If you want, I can give you a ride from the BART station to milpitas

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:22 AM
which BART station? (is kinda lost when it comes to BART n' stuff...)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Shin: South Hayward.. I live in Hayward and that's the closest one to my house

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:27 AM
We'll see. I'll have to ask my mom if I can go, and then I'll probobly have to drag a couple friends (and a bottle of pepper spray) along with me to make it a 'safe trip' there.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Oh ok, Shin. well, I gotta go. *yawn* It's late and i need sleep. I'll see you later. :D BTW, I'll be going to the SF Cherry Blossom Festival on the 20th, so you can meet me there. :D Oyasumi

Shin
04-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Aight, I should be goin' to sleep too. I hope to see ya there (I'll post pictures of my finished outfit eventually so everyone'll know what I look like at the parade this year) Ja-Ja, Ryu, Michi.

BTW, Ryu: your PM box is full, so I couldn't reply to your message. (you got an e-mail telling you this, evidently)- My aim is ShinMizer.

Michi
04-12-2003, 03:47 AM
Thanks Shin. ^^; And argh, Ryu, I know! I convinced everyone to go to Starbucks and now I'm all talking about not going. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll just go so I can have Starbucks in costume with an excuse. Oush, good excuse to wear Yoh... Yoh on caffeine.. O_O

I've actually thought of raiding the thrift store and making a Yuri costume (see the transparent gif next to my Pimpsyugu banner..) for the parade.. but we'll see. :P

Aoshi Shinomori
04-12-2003, 05:16 AM
wow i havent posted in a while.. can someone sum up whats going on? is there a gathering at the sakura festival? i heard something about starbucks?

Babbit_Chan
04-12-2003, 05:54 AM
*subject wavering* Ryu: To tell you the truth it all depends on what my mom thinks of you and the idea of seeing Reloaded with a bunch of older dudes LOL *crosses fingers for parade* When I get there suck up to my mom hehe.

Aoshi: There's a gathering at Starbucks before meeting up at the Starbucks on:

Bush & Van Ness - S.F.
1401 Van Ness Avenue

At what time I'm not sure. Can someone clarify if that's 8-8:3-ish or around 9:30?

Michi
04-12-2003, 06:22 AM
I think we agreed on 9:30? Yeah. ^_^

Dammit I think I will be either Yoh or Yuri. I can't just NOT go to Cherry Blossom. Dunno if I'll actually sign up or not.. Might just ..show up in costume. XD

Babbit_Chan
04-12-2003, 06:27 AM
Might just ..show up in costume. XD

Hehe that works! Gawd this is what I get for waiting a week before the stupid parade - I stay up for 3 hours watching Nightwalkers and sewing at the same time when I have work in 6 hours...

Michi
04-12-2003, 07:09 AM
Eep! I hope it all works out, Babbit. ^^; Procrastinating sucks, yet I never do anything about it. XD;

Yoh is all done if I decide to go with him.. but I'd love to do Yuri as something new, and she's just a few thrift store trips. @.@ We'll see what I feel like doing. Something tells me I'll be stuck with Yoh. o_O