PDA

View Full Version : Fall Gathering Planning!

Link Arroway
09-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Another year, another visit to Duke Gardens? Looks like it. Though no one is posting and the word needs to get out, wake up people :)
There's currently a thread here (http://ccr.kukaionline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=372783d2c7db8d75636592a4a9508f3d) in the new forums..

KawaiiEdea
09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
How's Oct. 15th sound to everyone? Here's the directions to Duke Gardens. http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/directions.htm or
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.002625,-78.932433&spn=0.016873,0.030770&z=2&hl=en

If this is going to be a picnic, I'm going to try to bring some real food..just don't know what yet @_@. Depending on how many people plan to come..I could just grab a few burgers from wendy's or something.

As for cosplay, I know there's an interesting asian-esque type area that we found last time so I'll probably wear my house of flying daggers costume.

Post people! :)

JaxReaper
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I'll have to check with my co-cosplayer first. Hopefully we'll be able to work something out.

Star_Angel
09-08-2005, 03:48 PM
As long as gas doesnt sky rocket and everythign at home is fine then I will deffinately try to make it! not sure what Ill wear yet, maybe a Lolita, but Ill think of osmehting.

Lovelyangel_81
09-08-2005, 04:20 PM
How's Oct. 15th sound to everyone? Here's the directions to Duke Gardens. http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/directions.htm or
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.002625,-78.932433&spn=0.016873,0.030770&z=2&hl=en

If this is going to be a picnic, I'm going to try to bring some real food..just don't know what yet @_@. Depending on how many people plan to come..I could just grab a few burgers from wendy's or something.

As for cosplay, I know there's an interesting asian-esque type area that we found last time so I'll probably wear my house of flying daggers costume.

Post people! :)

The 15th may not be good for me. I MAYBE going out of town (since it's the week my Fall Break) However, I am not ruling out the possiblity I may show up. :)

Gotham
09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
As of my schedule right now, I should be able to make it unless something unforseen pops up.

quadrain61
09-08-2005, 09:10 PM
I'll try, you know me and work -_-

Terumi
09-08-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll try and bring some real food too. ...what do you guys like? XD eerr... want? In any case, I can't wait!! ><!!

Kytri
09-09-2005, 08:10 AM
I'll be there. hmmm... I need to decide what costume to wear.

Avanon
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Oct 15th is a bad date for me! I currently live really close to duke Gardens because I go to Science and Math, but we are having an extended that weeked, so I wont be there. Duke gardens is one of the few places I can actually go since Im so restricted at S&M, so it would really suck if I couldnt go because we have to go home that weekend. Also I'm having a function with my fellow friends the night before, which involves the Asheboro people and possibly others, so they probably wouldnt be able to go then.

KawaiiEdea
09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Is there anything on the 22nd or 29th..? If not, how does everyone's plans look then?

Lovelyangel_81
09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Okay, guys. I just made a poll. So vote for a date that's good for you.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67927

Star_Angel
09-13-2005, 05:13 PM
The 22nd is AWA weekend, I know a few CCR peopl eare planning on going.
And I thought we had already voted on a day in the other forum? doesnt really matter but was just saying.
Is there anything on the 22nd or 29th..? If not, how does everyone's plans look then?

Tohma
09-13-2005, 06:09 PM
I've never been to Duke Gardens so maybe I'll get to go and see all of you ^_^ October in general is hectic for me (the 12th is the state fair horse show, the last week I'll be in CA for Yaoi-con). But I'll definetly make an effort once a date is decided ^^

Prof Farnsworth
09-17-2005, 04:39 PM
The 22nd is AWA weekend, I know a few CCR peopl eare planning on going.
And I thought we had already voted on a day in the other forum? doesnt really matter but was just saying.

She's talking about October 22nd & 29th (which are saturdays), not september so AWA won't be a problem.

the 29th I have a concert, so that's out for me. the 22nd or other saturdays should be okay. But there's gonna be a different group gathering i was planning on going to possibly during the middle 2 weekends in october, so I won't know for sure till dates get closer to confirming.

GreatSG
09-17-2005, 09:48 PM
the 15th isn't good for me either, since i'll at Avanon's party (since I live there and everything :p) but maybe another weekend that month will work.

Kilayi
09-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I'll be with SG and Avanon the 15... and my other no-go dates are in the poll thread... All I could maybe do would be the 1st or 8th

KawaiiEdea
09-29-2005, 03:43 PM
well, from the poll thread it looks like a good number of people will be able to go on the 15th so I think we should stick with that. What's everyone plan on bringing? Assuming it won't rain, we'll need blankets to sit on since they don't have picnic tables (I mean, it's a 'garden' not a 'park' ..technically.) and the only other thing they have is like..stone benches and stuff.
Food-wise, I'm still trying to think up some 'real food' to bring :d any requests?

Gotham
09-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I guess the 15th is the best day for most people. Should we go ahead and make this the definate day? I can help with carpooling for people who think they can't make it.

Terumi
10-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Maybe we should have people say what they'd like to bring? Like napkins, drinks, real food (I know KawaiiEdea wants to bring some, and so do I. Yayness!), paper plates, and sporks or something? O-o?

quadrain61
10-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I guess I can bring food again. I think I know what I have in mind...:D.

and 29th is a definate no, since a employee is going on her Honeymoon

[off topic]SCREW EVERYTHING!!, CCR GATHERING AT THE STATE FAIR!!! JUST KIDDING!!![/off topic]

Prof Farnsworth
10-02-2005, 03:23 AM
hmm well I think the 15th will be fine ^-^ but I can't make it lol. I'm going down to charlotte & SC to meetup with somebody...Carowinds has a month long Halloween thingy so i'm gonna be staying down there a few days. Sang, make sure ya take lotsa pictures at the gathering ;)

Kilayi
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Meh, I guess us that are going to be at Ava's won't be seeing you guys.
Have fun, I know we will be :)

Finding Beauty
10-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Ooh, I wanna go! @.@

But I don't really know if I can get a Saturday off work ... it takes me about two hours to get to Raleigh, so unless I could work like 7-11 or something (short shift, I know, but I may be able to swing it), I don't think I could really make it without asking for the day. What time are you guys going to start?

MistressMellie
10-04-2005, 03:54 PM
awww I wanna go ;_; Raleigh's a no good for me though ;_; I dun like driving around there ;_; and I think I have some exam or something that day <.<'

KawaiiEdea
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
how does 11am sound for everyone?

Lovelyangel_81
10-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, it looks like I won't make it. I will be out of town next week. Sorry. ^^;; You guys have fun and will you see guy when gathering comes along. :)

Link Arroway
10-05-2005, 06:24 PM
okay, no one's complained about 11am, and if you wanted to you're out of time! :P
it's worked in the past it'll work again

Gathering Set: Duke Gardens, Oct. 15! 11am!
be there!
or something!

Terumi
10-10-2005, 04:35 PM
[off topic]SCREW EVERYTHING!!, CCR GATHERING AT THE STATE FAIR!!! JUST KIDDING!!![/off topic]

XD! LOL!
Well, 11 is good for me too. I checked the weather, and it's supposed to be 80 with a few clouds O_O That's offly nice weather (It always seems to rain on us...) so let' s make the best of it! How's pigs in a blanket... but that's more of a not-so "real food"... isn't it? Hot dogs? >.> Something? How many of us are going? xD

Link Arroway
10-10-2005, 06:03 PM
XD! LOL!
Well, 11 is good for me too. I checked the weather, and it's supposed to be 80 with a few clouds O_O That's offly nice weather (It always seems to rain on us...) so let' s make the best of it! How's pigs in a blanket... but that's more of a not-so "real food"... isn't it? Hot dogs? >.> Something? How many of us are going? xD
real food sucks at duke gardens, since everything you bring must be carry-able and it helps to be hand-eatable so carried items doesn't have to include plates and cups.

Star_Angel
10-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Well as long as my mother doesnt have surgury...or I am forced to work I am going to try and come, but if one of those two heppens then I wont be there

End Lifeking
10-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Hopefully...once the ride situation is dealt with. Some other guy, That Man (aka Pajama Man), and myself will be attending. Yet has it really been determined as to what people are bringing...or actually who is bringing what?

KawaiiEdea
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I'll bring some cookies. Because I can't think of anything better (or easier to carry around,..2 liters of soda..eh..not so much.) I would bring some burgers from wendy's or something..but I'm not real sure on how many people are coming. So cookies it is.

Link Arroway
10-11-2005, 11:02 PM
remember everyone, 11am, not pm~

Gotham
10-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I was wondering how many people are coming to this thing, because I was just going to pick up a pizza for this thing and wanted to know what size to get.

Terumi
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Oki so I got what I need to make Pigs in a Planket. I might pick up some soda on the way there. We need to bring blankets right? Something to sit on?

Link Arroway
10-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I was wondering how many people are coming to this thing, because I was just going to pick up a pizza for this thing and wanted to know what size to get.
I think it is anyone's guess. :D

Don't bring more than you can easily carry :P We could always sit and eat out near the parking lot beside whatever i forget was there at the little building. Then run around to take pictures and play. No use in letting the food get cold while we explore~

Freya_Zila
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I had fun today! There were a lot of interesting people there... and some crazy ones hanging off of ceilings... but all is good, everybody is cool! BTW: This is Katie, I was Rosette today (in the nun costume). Hope I made a good first impression! I can't think of anything else.... ^^;

kazuokiriyama06
10-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I resemble that remark.

Terumi
10-15-2005, 08:12 PM
I resemble that remark.

LOL! She meant that in a "crazy = awesome" way. I had a ton of fun today, I'm just sorry I couldn't stay longer and go to the Sheraton with you guys. Can't wait until next time!

quadrain61
10-15-2005, 10:04 PM
It was a great day hanging out with everyone, from the people starring, hanging around (literally), and thanks for me taking your picture.

Terumi don't worry, we only stayed at the sheraton for a while, went to Southpoint Mall, caused mischeif, and that was it...lol

While being half asleep after coming home from work today I got around to getting the pics edited and uploaded. More info here - http://www.livejournal.com/users/quadrain61/166080.html

kazuokiriyama06
10-15-2005, 10:34 PM
LOL! She meant that in a "crazy = awesome" way. I had a ton of fun today, I'm just sorry I couldn't stay longer and go to the Sheraton with you guys. Can't wait until next time!

I had a good time too although I wasnt being my usual chatty self due to having the plague. I took off early too but Im sure there will be time in the future for people to hang out.

kazuokiriyama06
10-15-2005, 10:49 PM
It was a great day hanging out with everyone, from the people starring, hanging around (literally), and thanks for me taking your picture.

Terumi don't worry, we only stayed at the sheraton for a while, went to Southpoint Mall, caused mischeif, and that was it...lol

While being half asleep after coming home from work today I got around to getting the pics edited and uploaded. More info here - http://www.livejournal.com/users/quadrain61/166080.html

Agreed. I threw up some pics from AZ on my LJ (kazuokiriyama06). Feel free to check them out.

Hinata-Chan
10-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Hooray , I had a wonderful time , and it was lovely meeting all of you.
Teehee , the ones hanging from the rafters..you guys made me giggle.
To Link and uhm..i don't remember your name guy.Thank you for taking my picture ,you two were wonderful!<3

~Ugly Piyoko

Terumi
10-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Hooray , I had a wonderful time , and it was lovely meeting all of you.
Teehee , the ones hanging from the rafters..you guys made me giggle.
To Link and uhm..i don't remember your name guy.Thank you for taking my picture ,you two were wonderful!<3

~Ugly Piyoko
Nuuu! You looked so cute!! And you didn't even need a wig like I did, your hair was perfect! Rock on ^-^ !!

Hinata-Chan
10-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Aww , thank you , but i look so red and..fat in my pictures..lolz
oh wells ^.^
You're costume was super cute too.:heart:

JaxReaper
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm totally bummed that I couldn't make it. My brother, who lives in Raleigh is using my car while his is in the shop :( Kind of worked out though, cuz it was my little brother's birthday. Well he's actually my buddy's little brother, but I don't have one so I say he is. Anywho, wish I could have been there, hope to be at the next one.