PDA

View Full Version : help!

Eriana-Chan
09-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Okay so here's the deal:
My brothers and I desperately want to go to an anime convention (never, ever been to one before) it's located in Denver, Colorado and is called "Nan Desu Kan" it's located in the con schedule on this site. My questions are:
1. Since my parents weren't sure before but now say it might be okay, is anyone selling tickets here? Or can you direct me to a website that has ticket selling details? I need three tickets for this con
2. The details of the cons (do I have to pay at conventions? And if so how much do I pay and when and where?)
3. Do the people and managers at cons give you any sort of guide for making your way around and to make sure you don't miss anything?

Please, anyone, this is very important to my brothers and I, if there is some way you could help, I would be so absolutely thankful! Onegai Shimasu minna! I'm really having trouble on this and have surfed the web for tickets but haven't found even one ticket. I'm sorry if I sound so eager but I REALLY want to be able to go this year's con, especially because I have never been to one before in my entire life! Can somebody please help me out here?

strawberrykitte
09-03-2005, 12:47 AM
The best place to search for info on Nan Desu Kan would be on google and The best ive seen is..

anime-cons.com search for events and it gives you all the info you will need for the con ^^ I hope that will help you ^^

kuko-chan
09-03-2005, 04:00 AM
This all depends on the con. I found the website for you. http://www.ndkdenver.org/ Surf around for a bit and see if you can find what you're looking for. Chances are they'll be selling tickets at the door and when you pick up your tickets, they may give you a "goodies" bag which comes with a program, explaining when and where all the events are taking place, a map of the con, and a list of guests, etc. Good luck with that!

Mystic Blossom
09-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Pre registration is over for Nan Desu Kan, as you can see from their website. Usually, the only places to buy tickets ahead of time for a convention are on the con's website or, they often also sell tickets at other conventions, but you have to check their schedule for that. In this case, however, you're going to have to just show up and buy your registration their. With anime conventions, you can't purchase a ticket that you see ahead of time. You just preregister, give them your name, and bring a photo ID with you to the con and get your badge their.

KH_fanGirl_SW
09-03-2005, 12:48 PM
I go to Ax every year, from my experiences, most people pre-register, and the short line was the one where no one registered yet. They have programs and other thigs that tell you about the con inside the goodie bag they give you. AX is $50 for all days. and i think $20-25 for one day. It isn't horrible... just i spend most of my money on food, and cameras. If you do go to the Con, bring a lot of cameras, or if you have digital, a lot of memory cards.

Ayvina
09-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Okay, for the whole weekend it is $45 dollars at the door, since the Pre-reg is over. The only way you can get tickets for the con now is to register at the hotel. Registration will open up at 11am on Friday, so if you can try to be there a little bit before then, there WILL be a line. Once you register at the hotel, they will give you a badge and a program. Within the program will be the rules and policies of the convention as well as the schedule for the entire weekend, a map of the hotel and where things will be, and even information about the guests that will be there.

And NDK has a website that has the major information. That site is: www.ndkdenver.org There you can find out who is coming to the convention as guests, as well as information on the different workshops, panels and events that will be occuring at this years Con.

As for paying at the con, there is a Dealer's room where all sorts of dealer's sell items. NDK actually has an awesome dealer's room which offers a lot to interest everyone. Also if you want food there isn't a whole lot offered at the convention other than the hotel resturant. Other than that, there is a restuarant across the street from the hotel, other than that you'll need to catch the shuttle that goes around DTC or by driving. Also if you want to stay at the hotel, the price is actually pretty cheap. I live in denver and I am staying at the hotel for convinence sake (since I am volunteering at the con)

Beverly
09-06-2005, 11:08 AM
1. Since my parents weren't sure before but now say it might be okay, is anyone selling tickets here? Or can you direct me to a website that has ticket selling details? I need three tickets for this con

Like others said, pre-registration (where you get your tickets before the convention... I'm going with the idea that you're totally new to this, don't be offended if I tell you something you know. ^^) is over, so you'll have to get your weekend passes at the convention. There are usually two lines, one for pre-registered people, and one for those without pre-registrations. Both will be clearly marked with signage. ^^

The Nan Desu Kan website is at www.ndkdenver.org, and they will have additional details beyond just the basics. Also, if this is your first trip to Colorado, please take a look at the FAQs there about how to take care of yourself while you're here. If you're visiting from someplace closer to sea level, you're going to need lots and lots of water. ^^

2. The details of the cons (do I have to pay at conventions? And if so how much do I pay and when and where?)

You have to pay a one-time entrance fee, and with that you get a pass. There are options for one-day or full weekend passes, and prices according to each. At NDK, to get a weekend pass at the door is $45. You'll pay this at registration (again, marked with signs) before you can enter the con.

3. Do the people and managers at cons give you any sort of guide for making your way around and to make sure you don't miss anything?

When you complete registration, NDK will give you packet with the schedule and a hotel map, so you know where and when to go to see and do the things you want! =D If you're ever confused, there are loads of staff around, usually wearing a shirt that says "Staff," of course; just grab one of them if you need information or if you're confused. ^^

You'll enjoy yourself so much! If you're planning on staying at the hotel, I recommend giving them a call RIGHT AWAY! The hotel info is on the NDK website. ^^ Really, read through the entire website, it'll give you a really good idea of how to prepare.