PDA

View Full Version : AniZona 2 Cosplay Group!!

ciracira
09-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone! I'd REALLY like to get a cosplay group together for AniZona 2! I was thinking something like Advent Children, Kingdom Hearts 2...well, anything, really!!

Do you have any ideas? Or do you want to participate? Reply! ^_^

Usako Haneino
09-07-2005, 12:28 AM
well my b/f and i are going to do Inu/kagome and Haruka/??( stuck on three diff characters) and he'll be doing an edward elric i'm going to make for him possibly miroku/sango. so yeah if you end up doing any of those anime PM and we'll talk about it ^_^

Chibi Ice Wolf
09-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Some friends and I are trying to get groups together as well! We've got a few people, but not enough. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (live action series). I'd also like to hookup with other Final Fantasy IX people since I will be cosplaying Garnet for my big costume! ^^ At AniZona's cosplay forum (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=8) there has been discussion of a few other groups, such as Full Metal Alchemist. =D

Gainax Boy
09-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm up for anything ^___^

ciracira
09-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Like I said, I was thinking about KH2, Advent Children, maybe Battle Royale, or a small Final Fantasy I group. Even a small group for Friday or something would be fun.

Feel free to PM me, too, if you're interested!! A group would be a lot of fun! ^_^

x_KyouKyou_x
09-20-2005, 10:19 PM
OOh! I'm doing a Battle Royale cos!!! Oneesan!! ^-^ Battle Royale would be super fun!
I'm not planning any FF or KH right now though... but BR definitely!! <3<3

ciracira
09-21-2005, 01:07 AM
You're kidding! You're doing Oneesan? I was going to cosplay her, too!!

...well, it might still be fun...I'd really like to get *some* kind of group together. Anyone else interested?

x_KyouKyou_x
09-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Haha hey, well let's hope there aren't 15 OTHER Oneesans there!! ^^; But yeah, it'd totally still be fun, I mean why not??

Gainax Boy
09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
BR Sounds good to me. I've already got the outfit and a few "weapons".

Tetsuya-San
09-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone! I'd REALLY like to get a cosplay group together for AniZona 2! I was thinking something like Advent Children, Kingdom Hearts 2...well, anything, really!!

Tseng showed up for a 2 second window in AC so he qualifies...I'm going as Tseng or Edward Elric. Let me know if anyone else is planning a FF:AC Costume so I can decide if I'd do a group thing.

Chibi Ice Wolf
09-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Tseng showed up for a 2 second window in AC so he qualifies...I'm going as Tseng or Edward Elric. Let me know if anyone else is planning a FF:AC Costume so I can decide if I'd do a group thing.

There is discussion of a FF:AC group (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1265) over at the AniZona forums. :) A few people are already doing AC costumes. I'll be Aeris, but not AC Aeris ;.;

Tetsuya-San
09-22-2005, 08:35 PM
There is discussion of a FF:AC group (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1265) over at the AniZona forums. :) A few people are already doing AC costumes. I'll be Aeris, but not AC Aeris ;.;

Well AC Tseng isn't ANY diffrent whatsoever from FF7 Tseng. So...Works both ways.

Chibi Ice Wolf
09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Well AC Tseng isn't ANY diffrent whatsoever from FF7 Tseng. So...Works both ways.

Aeris isn't much different between Advent Children the original game either XD But I'm doing an original concept cosplay... gah don't laugh... Songstress Aeris. ^.^;;

Tetsuya-San
09-22-2005, 08:47 PM
O.o No that's really cool, you better be up for a photo op.

kujaeidolon
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
The costume for Tseng is different though -_- it's black, not blue...and it zips up, no buttons.

Tetsuya-San
09-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Whaaaat? I could swear there was no diffrence. Did you freeze frame on the pic of Tseng for the one moment he showed up? Because this is what you're forcing me to do now...

kujaeidolon
09-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah...actually I did. PM me and I'll figure out how to get you the pics.

Cyrus Gigelph
09-24-2005, 11:10 AM
well.. im thinkin about attempting squall this year so if anyone wants a ff8 group or just an flat out ff group by all means tell me.

Tetsuya-San
09-29-2005, 09:03 PM
I freezed it on Tseng in AC, you're right. But in the official art of FF7 he's exactly like that from what Ive seen. But there is a zipper and it is blue, you're right.

ciracira
10-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Okay, so how about a Final Fantasy group? I was planning to do a "sexy" white mage anyway. We could all cosplay as a Final Fantasy character.

Would that be cool, or should we just pick a FF?

Tetsuya-San
10-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I'd probably participate in a FF group if there were enough people going so if anyone wants to make a FF group just post your thoughts.

the aj
10-05-2005, 01:43 AM
Well, I'm going as Spike this year, but I'd be glad to be part of a group. I got wheels to, so if anyone needs a ride within the Phoenix area, I'd be happy to help out.

anime6550
10-08-2005, 03:54 PM
It's not definite, but me and my sister (Efreet) might be going to AniZona, and if we do I'm going as Sephiroth; so I would have the Final Fantasy thing down. She would be going as Link from LoZ (or maybe Aeris from ff7 not AC). We're still saving up money and working on our costumes so it's not a positive thing. I really hope I can o though!

BTW, on the official AniZona website, the date for the con is posted as April 14-16 2006, but I thought it was during March. Anyone know anything about that?

Chibi Ice Wolf
10-08-2005, 04:14 PM
BTW, on the official AniZona website, the date for the con is posted as April 14-16 2006, but I thought it was during March. Anyone know anything about that?

That is the correct date. It is falling on Easter weekend, just like last year. (I believe it's cheaper for them to book the hotel and whatnot that weekend)

anime6550
10-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks very much. We have more time then!

Citrakite
10-10-2005, 08:17 AM
well my b/f and i are going to do Inu/kagome and Haruka/??( stuck on three diff characters) and he'll be doing an edward elric i'm going to make for him possibly miroku/sango. so yeah if you end up doing any of those anime PM and we'll talk about it ^_^
I should have a miroku ready by then.

I'm just not sure if I should go to it.
Now I heard i good and all but I live in Mesa and it more like North Phoenix so it be a two hour ride each way every day by city bus. This also limits how long I can stay to about 6pm. I'm not sure if I want to subject myself to that or just get a room nearby. I just can't find anything that's not an arm and a leg though.

Tetsuya-San
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Sleep in a bathroom stall? Don't sleep? Sleep on the floor in a hidden space and pretend you're in character? I dunno, that's what Im planning. But lucky for me I could walk home if I wanted. =P

anime6550
10-14-2005, 10:54 PM
My Sephiroth costume is turning out awesome...even if it looks like crap...T-T...but It willd efinitely be ready by Halloween and by the time AniZona comes around, I'll try to have made improvements. And I'm almost done saving up money to go and I just might be able to bring friends along!!! I can't wait...this will (might) be my first con!

Tetsuya-San
10-25-2005, 11:06 PM
There's almost no reason why you wouldnt be able to get the entrance fee by April...you really should go. And BTW I finished my first costume for the con, It's Edward Elric from FMA. I'm gonna start on Tseng soon.

x_KyouKyou_x
10-26-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm trying to do AC Yuffie... but I can't find any screens of her other than from her bust up. Anyone happen to have any, or able to take screens they can give me??
Oh, and the Battle Royale thing's out for me. I was trying to take on way more costumes than I could possibly handle.

Citrakite
10-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Sleep in a bathroom stall? Don't sleep? Sleep on the floor in a hidden space and pretend you're in character? I dunno, that's what Im planning. But lucky for me I could walk home if I wanted. =P
I thought about stuff like that during AX. Had a room but I had to come back around midnight or so or I got the spot on the floor. Plus i don;t like waking people up when I come in late. I'm like Hmm no one can see under that table until morning. I could just crash there at 4am and stay at Karaoke. I decided even the floor on my room was better. I get a pillow and blanket.

I should take a trip up there and scout it out. Hotels.com might be missing more local hotels. Personally I don't care if there a crack whore downstairs. Long as I got a place to crash and no shots hit my door.

Assassins Inc.
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
[Post deleted for private reasons.]

Rage
10-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm going as Ayane from Dead or Alive2, is anyone else doing a DoA group?

Tetsuya-San
10-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Try checking out posts over here:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/adventchildren_/

People often share screenshots from the film, and I do recall seeing full-body Yuffie shots. There's full body shots of Yuffie in the film, Ill get some uploaded ASAP.

x_KyouKyou_x
11-04-2005, 01:14 AM
About the Yuffie shots, thank you! Sorry I'm late on this, I've been away; but I'll definitely check that LJ community. <3

anime6550
11-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I know its a wee bit late but I have pictures from Halloween in my (finished) Sephiroth costume. Check itout...I am so proud of my first costume!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=29113&cat=27938