PDA

View Full Version : Weekend's WORST Moments

japots
09-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Inspired by my latest post in that other thread (and also the slew of ticked off people over there), I want YOU guys to post your WORST moments during the con. Be it not getting in the masquerade or some weird stalkers videotaping you, share it so that other people might know what to keep away from next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, the absolute worst moment was having to wait 3 hours in line to get into the Masquerade. Specifically, the place in line we were in. I was able to pass the first 2 hours watching Bleach on my laptop, but the for the last 1 hour wait, there were this group of people in line who reeked of body odor! The largest person in their group was waiting in line behind me (he smelled the worst) and I would've traded my place in line for the dancing cow if only the line wasn't moving.

Furthermore, on the final day, my friend and I gave my sister and her friend our tickets so they can wander around the con while him and I sat in the lobby and just admire other's costumes. As luck would have it, the exact same group managed to find their way beside us again, and heaven forbid, that guy sat beside me again, smelling worst than ever.

Next year, I'm gonna bring an emergency oxygen tank.

Amy the Yu
09-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I can see this thread turning sour real fast and having to get locked before an all out flame war breaks out, but before that.... XD

The worst part of my weekend didn't even occur at CN, it was on the way there. On Friday, the subway ride from Kennedy to Yonge/Bloor (which is a nice long ride) was completely packed and without air conditioning. >_<

To say the least, myself, Ochika, Chibik3r0, Mekou, Kia and Seed-chan were boiling. Only upside for me was that I was only wearing a wig and my skimpy Misa outfit. If I had been wearing my Jiraiya costume, there would have been some heat stroke "fun". -_-;;

Otaking97
09-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I can't think of any worst moments at the con. It was pretty great this year. However when I left I got lost driving around TO at 5pm in rush hour and that was NOT fun. Especially when I haven't slept or ate anything yet. I almost parked my car for a few hours. Just before I did though we finally found a way out of there....

japots
09-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Ooh, another unpleasant experience. Going around the con with no cash, having eaten no breakfast, lunch, nor dinner, and finding out that the only ATM in MTCC was out of order. D'oh!

HidoshiNobunaga
09-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Only real awful moment for me personally was dinner on Sunday when we got the cheque. It was way higher than I expected, and some people had already put down cash and left, thinking hey, it'll be fine. A friend of ours ended up covering the excess, for which I am deeply grateful.

Oh... That and when Konrad tried to get in our post-masq photo. He wasn't part of either group (though he was an ex-EWG member) and just about everyone is still disgusted that he tried.

TribalButterfly
09-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Umm... all the times when my feet HURT SO BAD from wearing 4" heels! haha!

kuko-chan
09-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Umm... all the times when my feet HURT SO BAD from wearing 4" heels! haha!
Same here! I'm not used to wearing high heel boots, so serveral times, I had to take the boots off and go socky feet for a while. :P That's my only real beef with my experience and that's only because I couldn't find flat boots for my Yuna costume.

HidoshiNobunaga
09-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I sympathise. Wearing the Jiraiya geta was not a fun experience. I think I spent near 32 hours in total since Otakon wearing those. >_<

Amy the Yu
09-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I sympathise. Wearing the Jiraiya geta was not a fun experience. I think I spent near 32 hours in total since Otakon wearing those. >_<I didn't find my Jiraiya getas bad. The only issue I had with them was that they provided no arch support and stairs were pretty much a death trap since I couldn't really climb or descend stairs properly in them, but stairs in public areas are usually gross enough that I'm not willing to risk going bare foot on them. >_>

HidoshiNobunaga
09-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Mm, I have flat feet which gives me quite a bit of pain getting around as is. Being on flat wooden platforms didn't help. >_< But yeah... Stairs were like "Whoa... FALLING!"

That and stepping on other people's feet seemed to be a problem for me. >_< I'm so very sorry to everyone I stepped on. Being that elevated off the ground is not something I deal with very often. >_>

MaiSheri
09-04-2005, 06:44 PM
heh, more shoe griping - my platform heels didn't pinch or blister or anything like that, but just wearing them Friday evening and all day Saturday were enough to make me eternally grateful that I had slippers to wear on Sunday! Not to mention that one of them broke on the way to the con on Fri, so I spent the whole time worrying that they would fall apart completely on the stairs or something and I'd have a long embarssing fall. Needless to say, my oh-so-fun but not-so-comfortable "stripper shoes" landed promptly in the trash when I got home ^_^

Konrad-Chan
09-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Having to wake up sick Saturday morning so I could register for the masquerade was definitely not a highlight of the weekend.

Amy the Yu
09-04-2005, 07:37 PM
That and stepping on other people's feet seemed to be a problem for me. >_< I'm so very sorry to everyone I stepped on. Being that elevated off the ground is not something I deal with very often. >_>I must say, one thing I found interesting was that while wearing the getas and being elevated off the floor, I actually had MY toes stepped on twice...which was unusual and unexpected to say the least. >_>

Decibella
09-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I would have to complain about my feet too. Standing around my booth all day in 7 and a half inch heels is murder...(of course when i took them off the Hypa Space guy came to film a segment with me...d'oh!)

Besides that all the weird people filming me when i was not aware or ready, creepy old stalker types...*shudder*

HidoshiNobunaga
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Amy: I know, it was really odd 'cause it happened to be as well. I think it's 'cause of all the forward-leaning you do while walking. Toes get all over exposed. >_<

Katsuyuki_Shiro
09-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Having to move our camp in the convention centre twice by the same security guard... ==;;...

Amy the Yu
09-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Amy: I know, it was really odd 'cause it happened to be as well. I think it's 'cause of all the forward-leaning you do while walking. Toes get all over exposed. >_<Actually, I was standing still both times it happened. I also spent at least 3 hours practicing walking in them (and about 30 mins getting used to balancing on them so I can do the stupid pose) to make sure I could get around in them properly. At least it was more reasonable than if someone stepped on my toe on Friday while I was wearing 5 inch platforms (and the entire sole was 5 inches high).

kenhidaka
09-04-2005, 11:30 PM
worst experience was finding out you needed a ticket for Masq and when you found out, they were sold out. -_-; spent $45 for pretty much dealer's room. Though a shout out to JustinCredible for trying to help me get in anyways. Thanks a bunch. I'm probably gonna reconsider going or not seeing what CN offers next year.

Kudou
09-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Spending over $300 at the con, by the second day I hardly enough to eat and get around. The whole fiasco was a big kill on me the week after, still is. I can't even go into anime store or video game store anymore, without the urge to leave :waaaah: A tad bit trivial but the money doesn't come out of my bottom >:)
Other than that; I found waiting in line for dealer's room was a complete waste of time after finding out that there was almost no line within the passing hours. I've learned my lesson on that one.

blue-impulse
09-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Having to move our camp in the convention centre twice by the same security guard... ==;;...

don't forget being denied our little run run horsey game by the SAME GUY. ><;

... although that was kinda our fault.

nevermind.

I couldn't stand the dealer room. It was easy to lose people and it was hard to get around because it was SO. BLURDY. CROWDED. What's even worse is that people can get away with expelling noxious gases n those s(h)ituations. I'm not too keen on this con, just cuz it's too corporate and they smoosh too many things all in one con.

I talk too much

Katsuyuki_Shiro
09-04-2005, 11:57 PM
don't forget being denied our little run run horsey game by the SAME GUY. ><;

... although that was kinda our fault.

You serious? o.o;;.. The same guy?? Damnit.. Oh well, we're planning to do this again for AN. XD

Hltokiri
09-05-2005, 12:14 AM
uh worst moment? well that would be wearing the waraji's for my bleach costume....man were they uncomfortable, wore it for the whole day and when i got home i couldn't even walk much cause it hurt so much >< (i don't even know if that counts as a moment lol)

Natif Beaute
09-05-2005, 12:27 AM

X-Chan-
09-05-2005, 12:36 AM
allergies acting up during the con and lack of sleep.

yuck

Shockro
09-05-2005, 01:02 AM
The one hour waiting in line without my friends early Saturday in the Masquarade ticket line-up. I was sitting behind Konrad-chan and had no one to talk to :'(

Squall1882
09-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Hmm.. I'd have to say the crowded dealer room.. and feeling like I was gonna pass out at the check-in booth for the masq. Saturday evening.. ahahha.. forgot to eat all day, stupid me (though I always tend to do that at cons). We didn't want to leave the desk cause we had front row seats to watch those jpop people come in then sit for autographs.

**Hope I did a good job of covering it up though!!**

japots
09-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Hehe, the Con aint all fun and games! The brutal reality is exposed! Reading through the thread, you can't help but give respect (or pity?) to the cosplayers for enduring the pains of wearing wooden slippers. Must be really hard on you guys. I still want a pair of my own tho.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sympathy also for those who waited forever to get into the Masquerade just to realize you need a ticket to get in. It was only a stroke of luck the my friend spotted someone with a Masquerade ticket while the dude was checking his anime pass.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Another bad experience was waiting to for this one panel presentation (guys who put out Ghost in the Shell), and after half an hour waiting inside the panel room, being informed that the panel was cancelled since they missed their flight. Finally, rushing to the VG Cats table after the angela concert to grab a souvenier to find them gone :(

Regardless, the con had more pros than ... er... cons

TribalButterfly
09-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Same here! I'm not used to wearing high heel boots, so serveral times, I had to take the boots off and go socky feet for a while. :P That's my only real beef with my experience and that's only because I couldn't find flat boots for my Yuna costume.

HAHA! After just an hour, I had to walk around the con holding my 4" high red patten leather Pfil shoes in my hands as i walked around the con - only putting them on for pictures!!!! HAHA!

The lastr picture i took, i just said "AH, SCREW IT!" N kept holding them in my hands as i posed! I did make sure they were still IN the picture though so that at least people KNEW i did HAVE SHOES! HAHA!

Kinsako
09-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Ug,

The absolute worst thing ever was the fiasco my group and I had sunday morning. We had to check out of our hotel by 11, and we weren't leaving the con until 4, so we decided to drag all of our luggage to union station, where we had heard they had lockers to store stuff. After hauling everything there (in costume) and wandering around for a half hour, we were told that union station no longer had lockers, they had removed them all. So, we decided to take our luggage back to the con, and see if we could find lockers there. By the time we got to the convention center, it was jsut about 11, and we had to stand in this massive line up to get up to the dealers room where the lockers were. By this time we were all pretty cranky, especially me (sorry guys!) so after we made it up to the dealers room, and found the lockers, one of our suitcases wouldn't fit in them. So, my sister ended up dumping out the suitcase into a locker, and then just leaving the suitcase on top of the lockers. Thankfully, it didn't get stolen, but for the next con, we are so staying in the hotel the extra night until monday!!! :p

jade_dincht
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
ok, my worst part was the total opposite to the high heeled boots thing. My feet were so damn sore from walking around with NO SHOES ON! although, my feet in the end weren't all that dirty. they actually were more dirty from all the hair I stuck on them and the spirit gum. heh.

oh funny thing i just thought of, which didn't make the weekend bad or anything, it made it funny. I was in the bathroom getting ready and some woman asked me if i was in a show. I was like "no this is a hobby of mine" i wasn't trying to be smart, but she gave me a dirty look. lol.

HidoshiNobunaga
09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Ug,

The absolute worst thing ever was the fiasco my group and I had sunday morning. We had to check out of our hotel by 11, and we weren't leaving the con until 4, so we decided to drag all of our luggage to union station, where we had heard they had lockers to store stuff. Etc...

That's odd, 'cause usually a hotel will hold your stuff in storage until you leave. I'd check with the front desk the next time to see if they will. They did it for us at the Renaissance. o_O

LinksShadow
09-05-2005, 03:55 PM
The celebs signings were poorly organized.
And the fact you had to PAY to see certain ones T_T

Tartrazine
09-05-2005, 04:49 PM
My worst moment was getting to the con at 10 a.m. on Saturday to get a Masquerade audience ticket (I had expected a rush on tickets, based on the horror stories from last year), when I could have just as easily shown up at 4 p.m. and still got a ticket. I was half-asleep during the masq, since I was going on four hours sleep.

kenhidaka
09-05-2005, 05:03 PM
My worst moment was getting to the con at 10 a.m. on Saturday to get a Masquerade audience ticket (I had expected a rush on tickets, based on the horror stories from last year), when I could have just as easily shown up at 4 p.m. and still got a ticket. I was half-asleep during the masq, since I was going on four hours sleep.

You mean there were still tickets available around 4p.m.?!?!?!

-_-;

That just made my day.

Dark-Fang
09-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Losing the ONE person I knew vaugely at the Con that let me hang out with her and her friends all day... I was with 2 perfect strangers searching for her.. *cries* Thank god I was only there one day...

Michiko chan
09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Oooo! Worst moment? Waiting for an hour and a half in the wrong line. D: When the line we were *supposed* to be in was...dum de dum...about a ten minute wait. Arghhh~ I will definitely check more carefully next time.

Vicky
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
The really big fat guy who shoved his camera in cosplayers faces as they walked by, without saying excuse me or even snapping photos at a decent distance away. I swore if i saw him again shoving that flash in my face I'd knock the camera right out of his hand.

Other than that my CNX was a total blast ^_^

Vicky
09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
And the fact you had to PAY to see certain ones T_T

I'm getting annoyed of people complaining about this kind of thing. If you can't respect the fact that those celebrities have to make a living, don't waste the time of those of us who actually are willing to cough it up.

Amy the Yu
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
And the fact you had to PAY to see certain ones T_TThe signing area is organized by Hobbystar, but the actual schedules/fees are set up by the celeberties and their agents and assistants.

As for paying to see some of them, it's always been that way. Don't know why people seem surpised by it at this point. >_>

Vicky
09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Well said, Amy, well said!
I'm not trying to stir the shit here, but seriously people, old news and it's part of the business. Could you IMAGINE what chaos there would be if Elijah Wood was free to see?! @_@;
Anyway, get over it ^^;

Anodyne
09-05-2005, 11:02 PM
No real 'awful' moments, but a few times people just walked up to me and tried to snap pictures. It probably seems childish, but I hate it when people just try and take pictures of me... they could at least have the decency to ask, like everyone else.

TomodachiFriend
09-05-2005, 11:59 PM
"Awful" moments... The morning/night before leaving for Toronto, I find out my mask is stuck to the mold. It couldn't be used. That meant I had no costume.

My girlfriend had a really bad case of laryngitis. She was waiting for the Voice Acting 101 panel. :(

Kaijugal
09-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Overall I had a fantastic time. Only a few "worst moments"

1) A mix up with the volunteer passes friday, denying entry to some of my best volunteers. :( Boo!!

2) After the judges finished deliberations at 2am in the morning, getting to my hotel to find out that the wing my room was in had flooded and was structurally unsound, and having to move to another hotel. :( AND HAVING BEEN UP FOR 56 HOURS STRAIGHT UP UNTIL THAT POINT!) >_< argh!

3) Loosing my pillow. >_< (and still being pillowless) Boo!

Still, I had a great time chatting with alot of people at the show, and even meeting some new people. Everyone was really great. The Volunteers and staff did an awsome job, the masquerade was fantastic! You guys did an awsome job with your costumes and presentations this year! Strongest masquerade yet I'd say. Soooo I can't complain it was A#1 and I had a fantastic time.

Cheers!

nuriko001
09-06-2005, 04:19 AM
not being at the con until 4pm saturday due to unfinished costumes( still was sewing on friday... so missed friday sucks balls..

AND NOT SEEIng elijAH BecAUSE I did"TN hAVE my money so i couldn't be assigned at that very moment for volunteering>.<

japots
09-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I was in the bathroom getting ready and some woman asked me if i was in a show. I was like "no this is a hobby of mine" i wasn't trying to be smart, but she gave me a dirty look. lol.

:thumbsup: Awesome! :thumbsup:

I could only imagine what the woman was thinking.

mokulen22
09-06-2005, 10:43 AM
I have two really, first one...Jack Astors chicken Sandwich story:

The only meal we ate with any real nutritional value was at Jack Astor Saturday night after the maqs. I order a chicken sandwich but I was too sleepy and sick from the garlic butter (whoops my bad that’s a milk product! and I'm lactose intolent) to eat it so I took it to go. OH! I decided to eat the sandwich for breakfest the next morning in my hotel room. As I took the first bite I almost spit it out! I held the burger out then leveled it to my nose looking at the green mush oozing out between the chicken and the bun. What the HELL is green sh*t doing in my chicken sandwich god damnit! Apparently, mashed up avocado is VERY delicious with chicken! EWWW!!! DIE Jack Astors DIE! Well, you can live ‘cause you make damn good garlic bread but stop fucking putting green substances with chicken…green equal bad spoiled food, you morons!

I suppose this is more a bitter/funny moment but...

In the dealer room on Sat. three boys decided to come up to me to ask if I was a mage from some card game--I was cosplaying Miroku--I was like "umm..no, I'm a monk" then this one rather out-spoken boy yells in my ear "OH! you're that guy from inu yasha...that show sucks, you know, so lame" *blink blink* "thanks kid" I just walked away. Some guy over heard the converstantion and smiled at me I commented to him "wow, I'm lame to a bunch of 12 year olds kids..oh! the horror!" I suppose they've only seen the dubbed. :)

trixyloupwolf
09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
well.....my worst momment was wen i came back from the convention to the hotel....in the room.............................................. ..............................

my aunt invited to friend to come along to the convention....they did't have to pay anything my aunt toll them.........so we payd for them the hotel room the gaz etc.
exept for the con entry and their eating....

but the really worst was to come out the satursday night.....
they said really bad thing to my 11 year old sister....
-come and suck me...were you think yes....yes...
-get your top of bikini away to see what you got under....

i was really mad about them....and yelled to tem
but they said ---its just a joke---
ya i don think so......its not even something to said as a joke to an 11 year old kid....

and the same night could not sleep....until i get myself mad again
like 4 in the morning and they were still speeking with the light on....
well can i sleep.......it took about 15 minute to them to shut up and close the light....but they keep speeking a lil bit in the dark....
they said i am crazy......

i don like her friend

and now my aunt does not speeck to me again
i told her about what they said to my lil sister......
she said they were just joking....
i know that......but its not a thing to said to her....

wen i came home i told to my famely ..that live in the same house of me....
and my aunt sayd i told my sister to said that because i did like her 2 friends....

ya.....writg.....why i don have to lie about that....
it was really true...

too bad now she think everyting is my fault ...i try to talk but iam like an invible person and she don hear me at all.....

well anyway
the convention it self wort to go there.....
but will maybe has been my first and last time at the same time....

i had fun doing the maskerade too
hope some day i could do it again ....now i know what it look like....to be in...
and i have some great idee for next time if i can go....

tanks to have read all this...^-^...

ps: what do you think
did i exagerated in telling my parent about what happen in the room???

TribalButterfly
09-06-2005, 12:42 PM
omg. i think that was a really bad thing for them to say to your sister! How old was this person!? they should have known better than to say something like that, espechially to an 11 year old girl!!!

trixyloupwolf
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
ya i know..i think they are around 20 something

only a joke ....they said ya so what...
what said is sayd....i don care if its a joke or not...none of those word should have come out loud....
they said they were not talking to her they said it just to them well the 2 guy......but my sister was jut in front of them and me too....so i think they wanted her to know they sayd that plus my sister anser no way...they were looking at her.....you know....

and beside one of the guy actually the guy whos started to say those thing hes supose to work in a kid thing for deficeni kid and he supoe to help them cut paper drawing and stuff...
my aunt told me that wen i told my parent.....
(she was really mad ... that i said what they said....she did not heard them so she assume i force my sister to tell lie)

well i dont think will see them soon here .....well hopefully.....

ps:tribal i have a nice picture of you....^-^....
want to have it too.? i will send it via email ok...

my familly think your costume was nice..^-^..
and you had really long nail...^-^...

Kinsako
09-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Seeing as I'm bored and have nothing better to do...

There was another moment during the con that I believe is worth a worst moments mention.

I was wandering around in the lobby on friday in my costume with my boyfriend, when out of nowhere this random guy yells "OMG!!! Look at those tentacles! My cosutme is actually a nine tailed fox (http://photobucket.com/albums/v628/Kinsako/CN%20Anime/?action=view&current=fox1.jpg) and I could kinda see why he would make that mistake. Anyway, he runs up to us, grabs my tails, and starts humping them!!! I freak, run away, and hide behind my boyfriend. He then asks me why I'm covered in tentcles, so I tell him they're tails, and then he comes over, and asks me if he can hump them again!!!!

I freaked out and ran away again, and the moral here, is some people watch too much tentacle porn!!!! :chatah:

Jo_Canadian
09-06-2005, 02:52 PM
two words: Konrad Bongard

Natif Beaute
09-06-2005, 03:26 PM

TribalButterfly
09-06-2005, 03:32 PM
ps:tribal i have a nice picture of you....^-^....
want to have it too.? i will send it via email ok...

my familly think your costume was nice..^-^..
and you had really long nail...^-^...

Haha! Yea Trix! thanx! :) send it on over!
Booboobaabaadeedee@hotmail.com :)

YukiPhnx
09-06-2005, 05:08 PM

haha, oo buuurn............

Error
09-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Eh. I didn't spend a lot of time at the convention, though I was in downtown Toronto all weekend. I feel like I wasted $45.00, so that's one bad thing.

Other thing was me finding people who owe me money from Anime North several times, and they STILL haven't paid me back.

Katsuyuki_Shiro
09-06-2005, 07:07 PM
trixyloupwolf - Oh god... that's disgusting... Someone should really tell both your aunt and her friends off.. because honestly, to an 11 year old girl, that can be REALLY scarring for her age. That and what if she had taken them seriously? There would have been much more trouble. Those guys are stupid horny bastards with a loli fetish.. -_-..

Vicky
09-06-2005, 09:12 PM
You know what's funny about that costume? When I was rushing past you, I tripped over your tails, and almost went flying into the masq ticket booth. :thumbsup:
What's even funnier about that costume was when she rushed past me and my friend at Anime North, who were standing perfectly still, and almost ripped her bow and my tail clean off. And despite my shouting, not stopping to even look at the damage.
People with Nine Tails should be more considerate to other cosplayers.
Just a thought.

heki-chan
09-07-2005, 02:59 AM

Can we all just stop with the personal attacks? The con is over, so let's just move on. Life is too short to be full of hate.

mokulen22
09-07-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure there were two people dressed up as nine-tails--so you may have these people mixed up...just a thought before anyone gets huffy-huffy at one nine-tailed cosplayer :p okies! *wink* :wave:

Kinsako
09-07-2005, 11:10 AM
<blink> Ehehe... no idea who that Konrad person is...

If it was a nine tails at anime north, it was porbably me... I think I'm the only nine tails that was at both cons. I sincearly apologize if I was rude to anyone, or if my costume was rude to anyone, I meant no disrespect, and I did try my hardest to keep the tails from hurting other people or costumes. To be fair though, I ran into a lot of people who didn't respect my costume, my tails were repeatedley yanked, stepped on, ect.

Oh well. All's fair in love and cosplaying! :cheers:

trixyloupwolf
09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
trixyloupwolf - Oh god... that's disgusting... Someone should really tell both your aunt and her friends off.. because honestly, to an 11 year old girl, that can be REALLY scarring for her age. That and what if she had taken them seriously? There would have been much more trouble. Those guys are stupid horny bastards with a loli fetish.. -_-..

thanx for the support....^-^...
really apreciated.........

well no onwe reacted like supose too...

my mom did nothing

my aunt does not talk to me again...she live in my house

my dad he talk to my sis...not to let people tell her that again

my other sister told me that my lil sister told her they said that often to her during the week end

my cousin(boy 27) tell her mom (my aunt) that she was wrong and all....
but my aunt shes like a baby kid she don want to listen she said i stated that because i did't like her 2 friend....

well anywait thats past now...hopefully it won't happen again...

Natif Beaute
09-07-2005, 03:28 PM

blue-impulse
09-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I almost forgot.

On our way home on Sunday.

Two words: MAN. THONG.

My eyes.... ; ;

jade_dincht
09-08-2005, 09:47 PM
ok, I know the icky humping feeling. (oh boy that sounded bad) anyways, i was standing at a table looking at their lotr stuff and aparently some guy came up behind me and pretended to hump me. my bf was too far away to get him away, i didn't even notice at first and when my bf told me I was so angry. And a bit embarassed at the same time. i wanted to take my costume off. it was not fabby, it was baddy.

japots
09-08-2005, 11:10 PM
ew, pretend rape

Natty Dread
09-10-2005, 05:14 AM
hnnnnnn, i think having my sword fall apart and my favorite button (talk nerdy to me) fall off were the lows of my trip. that and the fact that the mcdonalds across the street was closed.

tamahome_no_mik
09-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Wrost con moments... lets see...
Well the con was pretty awesome this year, so theres not much, however i can rant about a few things!

Having no money for the dealers room and hardly enough to eat while having to pay for a $45 pass to see the guests as i normally do and be able to enjoy the convention. also the fact that when i got home from the con, the following day i started my new job. (and they couldnt have hired me 2 weeks before... nooo...) -_-'

another bad experience:
Liquid latex + hair = bad! i had put some liquid latex on my elf ears to help them stay on for the saturday all day, but when i took them off later it took me hours of playing with it to get most of it off, and even 4 days after the convention and washing my hair numerous times, it still hadnt fully come out. ><

Finally retiring my miko costume. 3 years and 9 conventions later, it will never be worn again. *sigh* so sad. but i dont think it'd live through another one.

Also, During the masquerade line when we went downstairs to line up, the people at the bottom of the escalators (security and con volunteers) pointed us the wrong way for the line, and when we got there i found people who were viewing the masquerade and participating in the masquerade COMBINED!
Well, i took intiative, found a security person and complained about the disorganization. He complained and told me to sit down, so i went to the head organizer for the green room and told her i can organize them for her. She gave me permission, and i proceeded to yell down the hall to the people for viewers to sit on the right side of the hall and participants to sit on the right side of the wall. after getting everyone completely organized, the one guard who told me not to, came up to me and told me he organized them and it was better. HELLO, can someone say rude?! I'm the one who organized it. and he had the nerve to complain to me again and say he did it.

after all that though, there were some great memories at the con. and for those complaining about paying for seeing celebrities, if you time iyou accidentally see them anyways. i was walking to the bathroom and crashed into james marsters, said hello, and continued on my merry way. where as the crowd around him probably had to pay to stand there. i feel kinda bad about it, but im just saying if you time it right, you tend to meet them anyways.
All in all, the con was fun. and with my new sewing machine im sure i can make many new costumes for next years cons.

jade_dincht
09-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Yes, liquid latex, is harmful to hair. I took those damn ears, liquid latex and all, off twice. Ah, painful.

akina_chan666
09-12-2005, 06:20 AM
My worst moment was on Sunday when I broke up with my boyfriend at the con ;_; That was NOT fun. Oh well, atleast I'm over it now

Vicky
09-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I sincearly apologize if I was rude to anyone, or if my costume was rude to anyone, I meant no disrespect, and I did try my hardest to keep the tails from hurting other people or costumes.
That's fine, thank you very much for the apology. Knowing that you didn't mean it I feel much better about it :) I'm just glad nothing broke ^^;

TribalButterfly
09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
My worst moment was on Sunday when I broke up with my boyfriend at the con ;_; That was NOT fun. Oh well, atleast I'm over it now

Whoa... I almost broke up with MY boyfriend on the sunday of Last year's CN! We got back together the next day (according to him we never broke up, but i felt like we had) but it took a few weeks before i felt snuggly with him again.

Was it something about the con that made u two fight???

My bf was mad at ME because i wasn't introducing him to people :p can i help it if i'm forgetful and excitable? :p Haha! Ah well. All better now :)

canal
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
My worse moments...

1) Going to the con by myself (coz my only con friend left Canada) when seeing everone else in groups ;_; Not really a moment, but it got kinda lonely once in a while. Plus no one to take pic for me T^T

2) My friggin' boots made a bloody mess (literally!). When I got home and took off my boots, I found a big patch of blood on my sock. Took a whole week for my feet to heal T^T

3) paying $20 to go into the dealer's room at around 3pm and then finding out that it was free entrance approx 45 mins before the place closed. -_-

TribalButterfly
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
...well...at least u paid 25 dollars less then MOST of us...

ChaoticMiracle
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi all,

Let's see...my worst moments...

1) Bottom of the heel of my boot came off...it didn't really affect me when walking but it wasn't fun.

2) I LOST MY ANIME PASS!! I really don't remember where and when I lost it but it wasn't on my costume when I checked it....:(

3) I couldn't find as many Japanese mangas as I expected.

4) I got a thorn or something sharp stuck on the bottom of my foot. It was while changing my costume....I stepped on the floor for a few seconds or so and the next thing I know, I could no longer walk without feeling the pain.

I think that was about it...

Son Goku
09-15-2005, 01:28 PM
My bad experience was that I went to the conventoin on Saturday dressed up as Kyo Sohma and absoloutely NO ONE knew who I was. Not even this Tohru and Kengura Cosplayer @.@ *sweatdrops*

The other one was when The Conventions people rushed all of us through the autographs for Elijah Wood. Elijah asked not to be rushed and they did it anyways. Elijah was pretty mad about that. XD. ... .So was I!

akina_chan666
09-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Whoa... I almost broke up with MY boyfriend on the sunday of Last year's CN! We got back together the next day (according to him we never broke up, but i felt like we had) but it took a few weeks before i felt snuggly with him again.

Was it something about the con that made u two fight???

My bf was mad at ME because i wasn't introducing him to people :p can i help it if i'm forgetful and excitable? :p Haha! Ah well. All better now :) We didn't fight... He ignored me for the entie con and we hadn't seen each other all summer till then. He obviously no longer wanted anything to do with me so I broke it off.:waaaah:

featherweight
09-18-2005, 10:48 PM
hmm how do i put this
best moments: wearing 110 pound thing costume
wrost moments: wearing 110 pound thing costume
no mega costumes for me for afew years ...
not till anime north 2007 to be Precise :untrust:

Jo_Canadian
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
didnt happen at the con, but my absolute worst moment was saturday morning before the con
my dad and i got into a physical fight and my bear costume was demolished so i had to rewear my metal gear solid 3 snake costume for the rest of the weekend
30 hours of work and almost 300 dollars down the drain in 30 seconds, i cryed most of the bus ride there

Kakashi's girl
10-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Hmm lets see,

1. probably the worst part of the weekend was the fact that i had made the stupid choice to bring along two friends of mine that were sisters. Now they were good about keeping the sybling rivalry down but this was their first con to begin with and i thought they could handle it better then AN since the Anime section is smaller. However they didn't realize that con's are mostly waiting in line, so they bickered all weekend about the stupid lines and because of their whining i didn't get into the Qand A with the voice actors.

2. The second worst was at AN Scott mcneil and I had the chance to sit down after the con was done on sunday and he told me at CN we were going out for dinner. It was just going to be him and me because he wanted to talk with me about some things that were going on at home and he hadn't had the chance to do so at AN. But ofcouse Scott missed his plane and because of the sisters bickering i had to take them back to the hotel early so i missed him showing up later that evening.