PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia Legends

Celine
01-29-2003, 01:07 AM
If you have a Gamecube, you should buy this game. If you don't have a Gamecube, you should buy one, and then buy this game. It just came out. I recommend it to everyone who likes RPGs!

It's a remake of the original Dreamcast game- but they added new characters and subplots. Almost everyone in it is a pirate! I have complete faith in this game to be fantastic since the original was amazing, and easily one of my favorite games. A lot of people missed it on the DC, so now is your opportunity to play it! Seriously, it is fantastic! ^_^

I pre-ordered my copy and I can't wait to give it a try... not to mention, to find out some info on the character I'm cosplaying. XD I am so bad, doing a character who I know nothing about! Heh.

herominus
01-29-2003, 01:39 AM
Ahhhhh I remember that game on Dreamcast. It was cool flying around in that ship and going "Arrrrrrr" in real life.

Rey-Rey
01-29-2003, 01:46 AM
It was one of the best RPGs I've played in recent memory (Skies for DreamCast). Definitely worth it for the Cube.

JoeBoeing
01-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Greetings,

I hope that you know that Nintendo made Sega take out all booze refrences and other things (can't remember any more then that off hand). Oh, and they toned down the difficulty level.

FRom,
Joe

Rey-Rey
01-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Heh. That shouldn't detract from the gameplay. Besides, Skies was all about THE ADVENTURE. Big deal if Drachma can't drink alcohol. *shrugs*

John Booty
01-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Pirates? Pirates with ships full of... full of.... Booty? ^__^

I'll probably pick this game up at some point. SoA was awesome but I thought there were too many random battles, and the random battles have been reduced in frequency in the new version, I've heard.

Also, I really love the new character designs, like the one that Celine's doing.

BannSidhe
01-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by John Booty
Pirates? Pirates with ships full of... full of.... Booty? ^__^

I'll probably pick this game up at some point. SoA was awesome but I thought there were too many random battles, and the random battles have been reduced in frequency in the new version, I've heard.

Also, I really love the new character designs, like the one that Celine's doing.
I'll make sure to put a blank game cd in for you too Booty!

Celine
01-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by John Booty

Yes, I've heard this as well. If it's true, then YAY!!! The random battles were insane- maybe even more insane than FF9. I guess the reason it was so frustrating was because the battles weren't that challenging and weren't that interesting (Lambda Burst is the happiest attack ever).

>Also, I really love the new character designs, like the one that Celine's doing.

I'm not a fan of freakish blue-ponytail woman, but the others look pretty good. Evil Aika is awesome with the black outfit and purple hair. XD

>I hope that you know that Nintendo made Sega take out all booze refrences and other things

I don't even remember there being much alcohol or anything objectionable in the game in the first place. As long as they've left Bellena's dancing outfit intact, all is still good with the world. ^_^ And, hey, Star Ocean was devoid of alcohol (your characters drank "tea" if they were old enough) and still a great game!

Lil Dreamer
01-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Celine

I don't even remember there being much alcohol or anything objectionable in the game in the first place. As long as they've left Bellena's dancing outfit intact, all is still good with the world. ^_^ And, hey, Star Ocean was devoid of alcohol (your characters drank "tea" if they were old enough) and still a great game!

yeah, and in Grandia, your characters weren't old enough to drink coffee and go to a coffee house. lol

Nipple. :)

John Booty
01-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I don't mind a lot of random battles, as long as they're fun/random/interesting!

Yautja834
01-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Ive been raving about this game since i found out it was comming to the GC. I was one of the unfortunate people who missed out on it on DC, im so glad its comming to gamecube.

ChibiMoFo
01-30-2003, 12:29 AM
I wonder how much is really different though, I'm debating hiding my DC copy and convincing my roomie to go by it for her cube >:D

Michi
04-12-2003, 06:23 AM
....Hahaha I feel terrible for bringing up a three month old thread, but um.. yeah. It'd be silly to make a new one.

I borrowed this from my friend the other night, and have 16 hours on it so far. I didn't get a Dreamcast til it was dying, so I never got in on this RPG.. Yay for re-releases! :D I lovelovelove it though.. Sega makes happy RPGs. Where are all the other players? ;.;

Rosiel
04-12-2003, 07:45 AM
> Where are all the other players? ;.;

There aren't a whole lot, sadly... I got Kham hooked on it, and that is the extent of my success in dragging people to play SoA. =)

But yes, more people should play this game, it's amazing. I bought a gamecube just for it! (which is not unprecedented as I bought my N64 for Ocarina and my PSY for SuikoIII.)

I'm about to start on a new costume from the GC release too... ^_^ took me 29 hours of gameplay to get my screenshot, but, oh, the sweet taste of victory!

Sami
04-12-2003, 09:32 AM
I just got this game last weekend and I LOVE it! ^__________^ (despite my lack of ability to pilot my air pirate ship) I was so surprised to see it at Gamestop so I HAD to have it.. hopefully I'll be able to play more this weekend.

I want to cosplay! But I don't know who!! G'AH!!!

Rosiel
04-12-2003, 09:52 AM
> I want to cosplay! But I don't know who!! G'AH!!!

I'd say once you start collecting crew members, have a good look at them. Some of them have awesome costumes. You have the hair to be Lawrence already. ^___^

I want to make myself a Lawrence-coat, just because.

And wait until you get to Yafutoma... gorgeous costumes galore!

Michi
04-12-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm at Moon Stone Mountain right now... I love it soooo much. So addicting. *_* I want to cosplay like three people already. >_>

More people SHOULD play this game. Grr. >P

XeroRadius
04-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Michi
I'm at Moon Stone Mountain right now... I love it soooo much. So addicting. *_* I want to cosplay like three people already. >_>

More people SHOULD play this game. Grr. >P

More people HAVE played this game after they re-released it for the GameCube. And since so many did, they're going to be making a sequel to it. :D Yay.

Michi
04-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but not as many people played its re-release as say, um, Final Fantasy. @_x Which is lame..

JacksUsername
04-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Mmm, i had a little trouble getting into the game, but once I did, it was really fun. It had been a while since I played a decent RPG, and I actually found myself being excited to be building levels agian....*scaryyyyyy* but its a very nice game and I want to cosplay from it now too....fun eye patch :)

Michi
04-14-2003, 06:32 AM
The costume designs are great. XD I wanna cosplay quite a bit from it already. Bahhh. *goes back to crystal hunting in the game*

Rey-Rey
04-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Okay, so I RE-BEAT the game on DC. O___O I will get the GC copy eventually...

My gf looks like her... http://www.geocities.com/rey-rey/moegi.gif.txt

It's SUCH a great game. I haven't re-played an RPG since FFVI.

Skies Of Arcadia is now my favorite RPG of all-time.

Michi
04-16-2003, 08:16 PM
I say that everyone that liked SoA should play PSIV. Same developing team.

...Yes. >D

Yautja834
04-17-2003, 07:23 PM
man this game is awesome! i Beat it about a week ago and now im going back and finishing off the bounties.

Michi
04-17-2003, 09:35 PM
I took a break from it for a couple of days... I stayed up all night and ended up playing for about 15-17 hours and accomplished a WHOLE lot... *falls over* So I haven't felt like playing lately.. XD But I think I'll pick it up again now~ *goes to hook up GameCube*

Michi
04-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Two days later. *kicks up thread*

Okay, is it just me, or is the Yafutoman water shrine a whole lot like the Water Temple from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? XD Not quite as hard as the Zelda one, sure. But the Arcadia water place involved changing the water level a lot and a few annoying places you could get lost in.. Rrr. I dunno. I just finished that part last night, so it was on my mind. ^^

Yautja834
04-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Now that you mention it it does. It's also kind of similar to shrine island in that way.

Michi
04-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah. But Shrine Island didn't give me creepy Zelda-Water-Temple vibes. XD

Rosiel
04-20-2003, 09:33 AM
I didn't get Water Temple vibes at all. For the WT you had to modify water levels and drive yourself mad, for Skies, you only had to fill the middle part, there was no need to worry about fluctuation. ^_^

It was so much easier!

Michi
04-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Well, yeah. I didn't curse the Water Temple as much as others did, though... I had a worse time with the Spirit Temple. o.o So maybe that's why. :P But yes. At least you didn't have to continually change the water levels. >_>;

Wheee I need sleep. *goes back to SoA* I have a Purple Moon Crystal to find, lalala.