PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! (& the winners!)

AngelJibrille
09-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Thank you everyone for doing such a great job! Thanks to our vocalists, our fantastic staff, and to all the cosplayers who made it such a geat show! Also thanks to the spiffy Martial Arts team and to Darryl for doing the Axe dance :) I hope everyone enjoyed the show, and the cosplayers enjoyed the pizza reception :)

Here are the CosFest winners! We will be posting pictures on the PMX site when I get home and have a few days to unwind (probably next weekend).

Craftsmanship Awards
----------------------------
Honorable Mention, Craftsmanship, Individual:
#16 - Pink Lemon Productions
Maya from Magna Carta 2

Honorable Mention, Craftsmanship, Group:
#24 - Lion-Hearts Cosplay
Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

Max Callahan’s Judges Award, Craftsmanship:
#11 Eleventh Hour Cosplay
Princess Sophia from Last Exile

Debbie Callahan’s Judges Award, Craftsmanship:
#34 The Revelation
Seth Nightlod, Abel Nightlord, Astharoshe Asran, and Esther Blanchett from Trinity Blood

Wayne Kaa and Chrissy Jaio’s Judges Award, Craftsmanship:
#2 Hoshikage
Freya Crescent (Trance Versioon) from Final Fantasy IX

Design Award, Craftsmanship:
#21 Macabre
Kaoru, Toshiy, Die, Kyo from Dir En Grey

Best of Show, Craftsmanship, Group:
#18 Baron's Next Top Model
Rose and Rydia from Final Fantasy IV

Best of Show, Craftsmanship, Individual:
#37 Dancing Fool
Jon Talbain AKA Gallan from Darkstalkers

Presentation Awards:
---------------------------

Honorable Mention, Presentation (1):
#25 Good Enough Cosplay
Orochimaru from Naruto

Honorable Mention, Presentation (2):
#1 Zero Cosplay Development / Reploid Production Studios
God Gundam and Rain Mikamura from G-Gundam

Honorable Mention, Presentation (3):
#18 Baron's Next Top Model
Rose and Rydia from Final Fantasy IV

Max and Debbie Callahan's Judges Award, Presentation:
#10 Wings of Chaos
Wizard, Novice, Assassin Cross, High Wizard, Monk, High Priest, Kapra from Ragnarok Online

Wayne Kaa’s Judges Award, Presentation:
#6 The Light Warriors
The Fury from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Chrissy Jaio’s Judges Award, Presentation:
#31 USA Musume
Mai Satoda, Asami, Rika Ishikawa

Best of Show, Presentation, Junior/Youth:
#26 Naruto's Hottest Couple
Haruno Sakura (winner) and Uchiha Sasuke

Best of Show, Presentation:
#17 H.C.C.
Der Tod, Elisabeth, the Mermaid -- all from Elisabeth (Takarazuka)

kabuki_KILLER
09-05-2005, 01:26 AM
It was a great show. Thanks for holding it. Hooray for my friends the Macabre Dir en Grey group! And hooray for Orochimaru (though I think he's scared of me now)!
**fires a confetti gun**

I feel inspired to compete in one such contest someday, even though I never had the desire to previously. It just seemed really fun, except for the long wait to find out who the winners were. ^^'

Rosebud
09-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh, thanks for posting the results!

Yay for the Orochimaru! (That skit cracked me up. :D) And the Rose and Rydia were amazing. One of my friend's will also be happy to know the Dir en Grey group got something.

Rema Suzuki
09-05-2005, 08:11 PM
"Play that Funky Music White Boy" That was really funny. ^^

aimee
09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Marisa, thanks so much for such a super well run masquerade. It started on time, everything ran so smooth and everyone was treated really well. Great MC too, everyone loves him and he is a sweetie (yeaaay! axe gang dance!!)

Masquerades can be so bad sometimes, and it really was a pleasure to go to one that was run so great. Everyone loves masquerades that you run, seriously.

The judges were really nice and really professional too.

We're also so greatful for the win. Seriously shocked and honored. Thanks so much. O_O!!

Evil Bishounen
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the show, Marisa, and thanks for convincing me not to drop out. :thumbsup:

And infinite thanks for the pizza as well, it was a total lifesaver. I hadn't eaten ANYTHING that day except for a single piece of string cheese and a few sips of Dr Pepper.

I was very amused by many of the entries' choice of music - it was practically disco night. XD IT LIVES.

And there were so many amazing costume entries. I was glad I got to see so many of them up close, especially Hoshikage's Trance Freya, and Jia and LimeBarb's Final Fantasy IV characters. It was also great talking with people during/after the show.

And I'm glad people enjoyed my screwed up answer to why on earth the village of Sound has a music note of all things for their symbol. XD (I find it completely ironic though, considering I put my presentation together that day >.> It was my first time doing anything solo rather than part of a group, and it was my first time doing live vocalizations rather than prerecorded dialogue. I didn't have time to prerecord; I barely even had time to memorize my lines once I'd finished editing my audio together!)

Nekobo
09-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Haha, your skit was something totally unexpected...and hilarious. My friend Asuma chatted with you and your merchant friend, Niko, after the Drop Kick Lemon concert. You look scary up close, too! Nice job on the costume.

Evil Bishounen
09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Haha, your skit was something totally unexpected...and hilarious. My friend Asuma chatted with you and your merchant friend, Niko, after the Drop Kick Lemon concert. You look scary up close, too! Nice job on the costume.

*laugh* Thanks for the compliment. :square: And yeah, I remember chatting a bit with Asuma.

My friend wasn't Neko though, he was Mr Moti. Neko was, appropriately, a purple anthro cat.

Aya Mizu
09-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Marisa, thank you SO much for an wonderfully run and well-run event! Our group, HCC, really enjoyed just being able to participate in CosFest and we're really looking forward to attending next year ^^ Thank you, your staff, and the judges for all your hard work. We really appreciated it!

evilbishounen - I really loved your skit and your singing is excellent! I'm so glad you decided to stay in the CosFest! :D

Rey-Rey
09-06-2005, 12:35 AM
The masquerade was really well-run. ^__^ v And the host is quite sexy. I bet I'd look smashing in his suit. >=D

Woof. >=D Hot Rey-Rey Summer. >=D

Master Zero
09-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Marisa, who would we contact if we want to acquire a video copy of the Masq?

Yi-Man916
09-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Its a shame i couldnt attend this year i was kinda bummed, but i had to work lol.... T___T ....

AngelJibrille
09-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Marisa, who would we contact if we want to acquire a video copy of the Masq?

We are working on this ^_^ ! It WAS filmed. So, we will be posting about it soon. We are only 1/2 way home (we are in Morro Bay, second leg of the drive tomorrow) so I will have more info once I'm to my house.

*hugs again to everyone!*

Marisa

aimee
09-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Yeay! Video!

L to the 3rd
09-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Congrats to all the winners and a big thank you to all the contestants, audience and fellow staffers. There were soo many excellent entries this year, it was really tough to judge! Keep up the great work everyone :)

It was a pleasure to work along side of Marisa too. Everything ran smoothly and it even started and ended on time!

--Chrissy

CrimsonYoukai
09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
: ) oooo... movie! ^___^ I really loved alot of the people's performances. It was so musically oriented. @.@

Mistress09
09-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Honorable Mention, Craftsmanship, Individual:
#16 - Pink Lemonade Productions
Maya from Magna Carta 2

Slight correction, it's "Pink Lemon Productions".

I must agree with everyone in that the judging went very well and I felt that the judges did a great job and spent the appropriate amount of time to look at a costume throughly. I had a great time in the CosFest and would happily do again. Props to all the CosFest staff for making the experience as great as it was! ^_^

L to the 3rd
09-07-2005, 11:41 AM

I must agree with everyone in that the judging went very well and I felt that the judges did a great job and spent the appropriate amount of time to look at a costume throughly. I had a great time in the CosFest and would happily do again. Props to all the CosFest staff for making the experience as great as it was! ^_^

Mistress09, I loved your costume sooo much. It is the cutest thing ever and you were very cute on stage as well!!!!!!! :spinner:

Jia Jem
09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
I agree with everyone. This was undoubtedly the best run masquerade I have ever been in. (I was Rydia in the "Baron's Next Top Model" Best In Show group, we also won an honorable mention presentation award.) We were changing out of our outfits back at the hotel at 8:30, exhausted - but the comment was made that at most masquerades, we'd just be STARTING! So awesome, awesome job!!!! Also, the reception afterwards for the cosplayers was a great idea - relief from the hours of judging/waiting/stage jitters. I'm passing this idea onto the ACen staff, since I know where they have their weekly meetings... I'm gonna stake them out!!!

AngelJibrille
09-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Fixed ^_^/~

aimee
09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
you guys (Rydia and Rosa) were SO AMAZING. it was tons of fun to sit next to you in the masq. Super super awesome to meet you. I feel very lucky to have seen your costumes up close, they are quite possibly the most beautiful costumes I have EVER SEEN! OMG! */fangirl* You guys rock. I hope you'll come out to more West Coast cons :D

Rogue Marvel
09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Its not Pink Lemon!

Its Picklemen! ;)

Erik Kellstrom
09-07-2005, 10:04 PM
To everyone at the masquarade, you rocked. thank you for making pmx masquerade a very fun and friendly event. I got a kick out of the farther daughter naruto event. Pocky lady, thank you for the pocky.

hoshikage
09-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Marisa, thanks so much for the hard work you and all your staff put in on this event. I thought it went really well. I can't say I had a flawless time, but that's not in the least your fault - it's due entirely to how hot and uncomfortable my costume was! ^^;; Next time I'll try and be a lot smarter about how I deal with such a situation, if it comes up again.

(Oh wait, this is me we're talking about here. I seem to specialize in uncomfortable costumes, so of course it'll come up again...)