PDA

View Full Version : VCS at MD Renn Faire

Bagu
09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Just an idea to kick around. The Renn Faire will be around until October.

Tess
09-10-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm not from Virginia, but I'm planning on attending the MD Faire with Mistress_Aine on October 1st. That'll be Oktoberfest weekend. Anyway, I'm wearing Amano Yuna and she'll be doing an Amy Brown faerie, and we'd love to meet up with any c.com members. So yeah, if you're going that day, let us know! <3

@-->--- Tess

Bagu
09-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Sounds good. For those in VCS (heh, or anyone can come) you don't necessarily have to show up in a period costume. We could do something like the girls can wear cat ears and the guys can wear genki hats ^^.

bag0k
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Heey, sounds fun! But I would prefer if it were later in October, but that's just me. I can go any time, but my mom's getting a knee replacement soon and I want to bring her... if the concensus is earlier, I can still make it.

makotohanabi
09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Probably be going on oct 8th and/or 9th. Won't know for sure until later this week.

Lycoris
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
aw, now I want to go. It's been maybe 4-6 years since I've been to the Md Renn Faire. Long story. -_-

I'd be up for going, especially if someone in NoVa could give me a ride. I'm horrible with directions and have been known to get lost for hours while driving long distances. T-T It's a curse.

Parasaurolophus
09-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm not from Virginia, but I'm planning on attending the MD Faire with Mistress_Aine on October 1st. That'll be Oktoberfest weekend. Anyway, I'm wearing Amano Yuna and she'll be doing an Amy Brown faerie, and we'd love to meet up with any c.com members. So yeah, if you're going that day, let us know! <3

@-->--- Tess

OMG!!! By complete randomness... I'll be at the MD Faire on Oct 1st too!! ... woah. Anyway, I'll be in my "scottish maid outfit" with a tall guy in a black cloak, a girl in court dress and other normals. We should totally meet up and chat... finally.

edit: if you want to know what my costume will be... check my gallery:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=387550

Bagu
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Ok, lets do a tentative VCS meetup at the MD Renn Faire on Oct. 1

- Girls: If not in renn faire costume grab yourself some cat ears to wear
- Guys: If not in renn faire costume grab yourself a genki hat to wear

Heh...maybe someone should make a VCS badge we can all wear :)

bag0k
09-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a plan! Expect me to be in cat ears; I've got a homecoming dress to finish before the weekend before this... (homecoming's reeeeeeally early this year!) I'm going to drag some friends with me though; I told them I would! ^_^;;

Time to do homework! :dance:

Tess
09-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Oh yay, this is so exciting! ^__^ I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone!

@-->--- Tess

bag0k
09-19-2005, 08:22 PM
huur.... change of plans. Can't make it... I have to help my grandmother (www.mkcreations.com) with an art show. :/ (I really don't want to, but it'll be the first show with the new display and I don't want to leave it to her the first time she does it...) I'll be going to the faire late in October with my mommy. (She's getting a knee replacement tomorrow and it'll be a while before she can walk.)

Bagu
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
huur.... change of plans. Can't make it... I have to help my grandmother (www.mkcreations.com) with an art show. :/ (I really don't want to, but it'll be the first show with the new display and I don't want to leave it to her the first time she does it...) I'll be going to the faire late in October with my mommy. (She's getting a knee replacement tomorrow and it'll be a while before she can walk.)

The art show is on the 1rst? :(

bag0k
09-20-2005, 08:49 PM
The art show is on the 1rst? :(
Yep yep, first and second. (seriousley... I DON'T want to do this AT ALL. But my grandmother can be a bit selfish at times and even if she says it's ok, I know she'd hold it against me. :/) *sigh*

Bagu
09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, be sure to keep in touch should things change.

Bagu
09-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Everyone still good to go for Oct. 1rst at the Renn Fair?

I can give rides if need be (I'm in Alexandria near DC)

Tess
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Mistress_Aine and I will still be there. ^___^ I've decided to wear Corpse Bride instead of Amano Yuna, so I probably won't be hard to miss. *facepalm* Just look for blue skin, blue hair, and a tattered wedding dress.

Is there any particular time/place that anyone was interested in meeting up? I really want to meet you guys!

@-->--- Tess

Bagu
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
I'll be coming in a dark green renn faire tunic and some jeans.

I'll debating whether to wear my Darcia headpiece (with the cowl stuffed up in the cap part and just wear it as a hat), though I don't know what reaction I'd get from the renn faire folk...with all those feathers and such...

Last year I went and there were people in goth and vampire attire, and I though it was really out of place at the renn faire.

I would like to see the Emily costume though :)

Tess
09-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't know... Personally, I don't mind the goth/vampyre stuff. I suppose that I enjoy seeing people all dressed up in costumes, regardless of whether they fit the theme or not. ^^; And Corpse Bride certainly isn't of the Rennaissance era, but I'll have a blast trouncing around in it. I hope people recognize me, even though I won't have time to add the skeleton arm/leg/ribs by this weekend.

Your Darcia costume is wicked. XD I remember seeing it at Otakon and thinking, "Best. Darcia. EVAR."

@-->--- Tess

Bagu
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Final call for the VCS outing to the Renn Faire tomorrow. I'm picking up Lycoris tomorrow morning and we'll be meeting everyone else there. If you still need a ride let me know by tonight.

We'll all be on a mad search looking for Tess in her stunning yet spooky Corpse Bride outfit ^^ .

Parasaurolophus
09-30-2005, 01:31 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, with a bunch of non- c.com friends. It'll be me in my maid outfit with people in court gowns, maybe a few pirates, and a "trogdor" shirt thrown into the mix. (we'll be there noon to closing?) If you see me, give a holla, and I'll look for you guys too.
mmm... mead....

Bagu
09-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Ack I forgot to mention Para :(

Heh... Lyc and I will have jester stuff on.

This is gonna be one weird day at the Renn...

Parasaurolophus
09-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Heh... no worries!!! :bigtu: I've recently moved down to Arlington, so I haven't formally introduced myself to the VCS forum... and on a good note, I just got a job offer today, so I should be able to afford my halloween costume!
ps. Bagu- your Darcia does pwn. seriously.

Tess
10-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Yay, just put the finishing touches on Emily! Get to paint myself blue in an hour. o_O; No sleep for Tess tonight. See you guys there, hopefully! I'll be walking around with Aine-chan, who will be wearing a mint green gown and black corset. Safe driving, m'dears!

@-->--- Tess

Bagu
10-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Only 4 pics from me:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=26599&member=34596

Nice to meet Lycoris, Tess, Mistress_Aine, and Para with her non-cosplay (where were the pirates?) crew. Heh..now I really want to do a Halloween event. ^^

Tess
10-02-2005, 04:03 PM
It was great meeting you, Bagu and Para, and awesome to see Lycoris again. ^__^ A Halloween event would rock, except Halloween is a Monday. *kicks college* Well, I'm pretty sure that Aine-chan and I are going to be at the DC Anime Club's art show on October 22nd, as there is supposed to be a cosplay event there, so perhaps we will see everyone again there.

@-->--- Tess

Lycoris
10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Yes, I had much fun indeed even though I didn't really juggle anything (I'm shy when it comes to performing in public). Tess, your costume was awesome! I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

I might go to the Art Show in DC, but if not I'll definitely be at Anime USA as it is in my neck of the woods and all.

Parasaurolophus
10-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Good to meet you guys too, Tess, M_Aine, Bagu and Lycoris!! :) I'm sorry I couldn't hang with you guys for longer. One of the piretesses was with me, the other had gone for oyster shooters... :P I really like the ren faire here- prices seemed to be cheaper, and its bigger than King Richard's Faire in MA.