PDA

View Full Version : Jet Set Radio Future

Blues.EXE
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM
I was just wondering if JSRF was ok to cosplay. ME and a friend were planning on it and i decided to find out if it was ok or not, besides, if we can, i want all of the GG's. Please help! :lost:

Nietsche
01-29-2003, 03:04 PM
It's all good!
Cosplay is broad enough to encompass one of Sega's finest fun games!

Celine
01-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Absolutely! Video game cosplay is pretty much accepted by most people these days. Not to mention, JSRF is a terrific game and I've only seen a few people do it- one group at AX this year, and a few girls have done Gum. ^_^ When were you going to do it?

Blues.EXE
01-29-2003, 04:08 PM
were gonna do it at otakon, and it will probably just be me at Anime EXpo, unless i can find a good group, oh and thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys :: cries ::

Celine
01-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Hmm... I've actually been eyeing some of the designs myself, since I love the game. But I'm so intimdated about some of those skates! ^^ Keep us posted if you get a group going.

Nietsche
01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Yeah those skates...I'm just worried about the hotel letting you wear them inside....wasn't it Mappy's lot that were asked to take off their skates when they did a Jet Set Radio cosplay?

Yeah and tell us of your progress....Beat is a tempting prospect too!

Blues.EXE
01-29-2003, 07:50 PM
ahh, the skates..... i have no idea what im going to do about them, but ill keep you guys posted.... and does that mean you guys may be in???

Nietsche
01-29-2003, 08:29 PM
We'll see how it goes....
If I'm Beat then I'll join ya if ya beat me at a race around Doganzaka Hill!!!

Celine
01-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I loooooove Beat... ^_____^

Maybe there is some way to make shoes that look like skates, but aren't really? It would be silly to go through all the hassle of making customized skates and not being able to wear them. I wonder if they would let you walk around with empty shaving cream bottles or something (since spraypaint is probably not allowed! XD)... But, yeah, I might be interested, depending on when. I'd have to pick a character, too.

Nietsche
01-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Hmm..Celine and I seem to be hijacking this thread! ^_^

And yeah..I seem to have this habit of managing to pick out characters that you like...it would seem....But seriously, Beat is the only one that I could imagine myself cosplaying...
and I believe they want to do this for Otakon..so I might look into the Baltimore 'skating in public areas' laws..if such a thing exists...

A pair of plain in-lines shouldn't cost the earth so i might have a stab at starting from one of those...maybe stick some of those big rubber doorstops for 'boosters' and then paint the shebbang! I dunno yet since I am still working on my PSO stuff....

makio
01-30-2003, 12:17 AM
A couple friends and I are set to cosplay JSRF for Anime Express (Daytona Beach, FL) in March...one of which had a pretty good suggestion about using "boot covers" to disguise the inline skate boot and part of the wheels almost completely. I recall seeing a Gum cosplayer doing the same thing, except her skate wheels were exposed. I don't know if it's the same cosplayer you guys were referring to earlier though.

HuongStar
01-30-2003, 09:28 AM
*lol* I tried to get people to do JSRF cosplay awhile ago but I couldn't drum up any interest. I love the new character designs and the game is so much fun! ^_^

I think G-chan was the one who made the cool covers for her skates but I could be wrong...

Celine
01-30-2003, 12:04 PM
Oooh, Twinkle, still interested? ^_~ JSRF needs more cosplayers! Yeah, however G-chan did her boots was totally amazing. Actually, her whole costume seriously kicked ass: http://www.g-chan.com/g-chan/gum.shtml

Makio- Who are you doing? I want pics after it happens!

Blues.EXE
01-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Hmmm, it seems we are getting morte and more people interested.... but i still need a group. if i can find my digital camera, ill show you guys the blue prints for the skates that uh, dont really skate but are more like shoes..... yeah....

domestik
01-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Blues.EXE
were gonna do it at otakon, and it will probably just be me at Anime EXpo, unless i can find a good group, oh and thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually already have a Gum outfit, I just need to do the coverings for my skates and purchase a better wig. And a friend of mine also has Bis.

I'm also going to be at AX this year... *poke poke*... XD But I'm not sure if my friend would feel like bringing her Bis. *shrug* I can't say for sure that I'll bring Gum with me, but if my schedule doesn't go ballistic on me or something, and if you can't find yourself a group with a Gum, I'll volunteer for a coupla hours if I can. ^^; But please don't come after me with a flaming pitchfork if I can't. o__o;

*has the cosplay plan list from Hades* x_X

rogue
01-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Oh, I love Jet Set Radio Future (heh, heh, look at my avatar)

Flexei and I have done:
Rhyth: http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/rhyth/melrhyth2.jpg
Soda: http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/soda/trubsoda6.jpg
LoveShockers: http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/loveshocker/melloveshocker3.jpg
Goujii: http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/gouji/trubgouji5.jpg

I didn't use any boot covers for the rollarblades. Soda had plain black blades with yellow designs that I just painted on.
Rhyth's were a little bit more complicated. I painted on most of the designs (spray paint, then hand paint, then more hand painting) I made the spikes on the back with model magic. I think they turned our real well. We didn't even get yelled at for rollarblading around at Animazement.
For the LoveShocker and Goujii I didn't want to invest in another pair of rollarblades (I would have had to buy two pair, we wore both costumes to the same convention) So we just wore shoes that were similar to the rollarblades.

We have also done Jet Grind Radio

Mew: http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/mew/melmew5.jpg
Cop: http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/jetsetcop/trubcop3.jpg

I didn't go into any extra effort for the rollarblades for Mew. The cop didn't need any. I made these costume over a year ago. We won best group cosplay at SugoiCon 2001. I did however get yelled at for rollarblading in this hotel, and got my rollarblades taken away :(

rogue
01-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Oh, I forgot. Some people mentioned about the spray cans. We had three kinds. They were simply empty hair spray cans. Flexei made custom covers for the cans. Two with the "now loading" icon, one with the LoveShocker icon, and one with the Rokkaku icon. Everyone just seemed to love them at Animazement.

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay/loveshocker/lovegouji3.jpg

Nietsche
01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
hmmm Blues.EXE!!....imagine if you actually had to recruit GG members from around the hotel and then having to challenge each one so that they join you for your photoshoot! :)

Celine
01-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Hey, Rogue, those are awesome! ^_^ I hadn't realized you had made so many costumes from the series. Those spray cans are fantastic! Just... wow, that is all so wonderful!! Very nice job!

HuongStar
01-31-2003, 12:17 PM
Rouge! I looove (no pun intended) your Love Shocker costume and all the other JSRF costumes. Celine, I don't know if I'm going to Otakon yet but I'll let you know! ^_^

Blues.EXE
01-31-2003, 02:35 PM
cool... hehe
hmmmmm, pitchfork is outta the question but what about a torch? Just jokin, if you cant make it its cool....

Blues.EXE
01-31-2003, 03:02 PM
I hope not Neitsche, i havent bladed in a while so i would lose and be the only one in the photoshot!
Rouge your costumes are awsome! Let me know if you and felxei are going to otakon or Expo!
Oh yeah, and my last post was to domestik, sorry for any confusion. Later!

rogue
01-31-2003, 04:32 PM
Thank you very much for the compliments ^_^

>Rouge your costumes are awsome! Let me know if you and felxei are going to otakon or Expo!
Oh yeah, and my last post was to domestik, sorry for any confusion. Later!

We are going to Otakon, but unfortunatly we're not wearing any JSRF. I am making all pregnancy friendly costumes for Otakon this year. Flexei and i are going to start trying to have a baby this spring. (I'm going to get to make baby costumes next year!)

domestik
01-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Blues.EXE
cool... hehe
hmmmmm, pitchfork is outta the question but what about a torch? Just jokin, if you cant make it its cool....

Torch??? Hrm... seems less painful than a FLAMING pitchfork... but.... noo to either option thankyeverymuch.

And it does seem that I won't be able to bring Gum. ^^; It seems there'll be a scary crossdressing as crossdressed Hellsingers so I've signed mahself on for scary femme version of young Walter. o_o

Aww yeh. I can hear the masses of screaming, horrified fans. XD

But good luck to finding the rest of your grupo. :D I'll be sure to keep my eye out for you guys and take pictars. Mwahahaha!

Blues.EXE
02-01-2003, 01:41 PM
alright then, thats cool rouge and domestik, but im still not quite sure how or if im going to otakon, even though i said i was. Ill keep ya posted. Later

makio
02-13-2003, 06:13 AM
For anyone interested or in the area, I finally got a Jet Grind/Set Radio group together for Anime Express in Daytona (March 22nd). Feel free to dress as whoever... either from JGR or JSRF. Since it's Daytona, you probably could bring skates. I'm still working out details on that. Our current cast (confirmed to show):

Beat (JGR version)
Gum (JSRF version)
Tab (JGR version)
DJ Professor K (JSRF version)

There's 7-10 others that haven't confirmed, but if you want a complete list, IM or PM me for it. I should be there as DJ Professor K ("K" coincidentally being the letter of my name, LoL) ...unless I get the time and funds to make someone from JGR's Poison Jam! :devil:

Misa-chan
06-17-2003, 02:54 PM
I think this is an ancient thread...^^; I got JSRF for X-mas and I love it!! (I practically downloaded the whole soundtrack) Anyways, I was planning a possible JSRF & JGR/JSR group for AFO 4 since I can't go to Otakon this year. If enough people wan't to do it, then I'll go ahead and finish Ryth. :)

trev2cool
06-21-2003, 10:44 PM
I don't think it's Ancient. Jet Set Radio if ont if the best 3D games Since Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. This represents Sega and it's grand recovery to the top of the VG industry once again. :wow: Sorry. Got carried away. I was Beat at Acen 2k3 and hopefuly plan on doing a group one for Acen2k4. I'm planning to do the orignal one and a futuristic one I'm making for myself. If I can get them done I'll post them up for a preview.

trev2cool
06-21-2003, 10:50 PM
In my gallery. Sorry I didn't finish the first time. And another thing, the group shot of the love shocker and Gouji. How did you make your spraycans like that. I can only paint over the real one with another color. :eek:

rogue
06-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by trev2cool
And another thing, the group shot of the love shocker and Gouji. How did you make your spraycans like that. I can only paint over the real one with another color.
The cover was simply a sheet of measured paper. My husband worked on the design on photoshop and printed it out with the appropriate colored background. I just cut it to the right shape and glued it on. Very easy.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Im going as corn ^_^ though the costume isn't..like..done :\ But it still looks good with the little red tetris thingys on the bottom on the pants and the tall blue hat ^_^ yes those are technical terms.

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 07:42 PM
It's actually one of the other games I was hoping to cosplay a character in eventually, minus the skates because I can't skate worth a ****.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Nobody can. buts its ok. the coolest thing about is that you can have like a boom box in the back pack (in corn's case ) actually PLAYING the jet set radio soundtrack. ^_^ its going to be AWESOME!

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 07:53 PM
lol that'd be nuts.

I have an ipod, all I need is the backpack ^_^ Hrmmm actually jet set is an easy one since there's no swords or shields just a nifty costume + cans and stuff ;)

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
I know! thats the good part! no big props. Although there is the little job of sewing those little ensignia's every where. but thts fun ^_^

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 08:00 PM
*shrug* just another part of it I suppose.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 08:03 PM
yes. unfortunetly... ._.

Misa-chan
07-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Well, instead of Ryth I decided to do a Rapid 99 member. (Rapid 99er? Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Love Shocker) I may have to make the short a little less.....short, and no place in the world sells skates like that. o.O I'll probabyly end up glueing ribbons to (not to mention ruining) some really expensive boots, but it'll look as pretty as the game. ^^

trev2cool
07-30-2003, 03:03 PM
As far as props go. There are certain thing for certain people. My Beat costume had the antenna on the sides until they broke off. I'm trying again for next year's Acen though. Or at the Chicago Cosplay Picnic by the end of August. The sewing is good for orignality but to shortcut it, just make the design, print it out, and have the people who press the image on the shirt. Go to my gallery to check it out my shirt. (for me the price is $10 per side and $10 for the shirt at another store)

Misa-chan
08-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Speaking of the soundtrack, does anyone know where to get it? I've been downloading most of the songs from a french site.

rogue
08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
There is no american soundtrack only the japanese. But the american and japanese video games have different music.

Flexei
08-06-2003, 09:35 AM
There is no american soundtrack only the japanese. But the american and japanese video games have different music.

Yeah.. amazon has the import (outrageously priced) and has a track listing.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000062VF4/qid=1060180140/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/103-8367243-7038257?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

No "Birthday Cake". No "Isle 10". None of the Latch Brothers stuff. Bunch of other stuff to... most of the songs that REALLY stood out to me aren't on it. Wish they'd do a US soundtrack...

Misa-chan
08-07-2003, 08:34 AM
:sniff: Amazon lets me down. Well, it looks like I'll be playing the burned version for a while until I can find all of the songs (or maybe the site does have all of them, I'll get back to you on that), thanks anyway! ^^

Heather
08-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Do you still have the address to that site with the soundtrack on it to download? I just bought the soundtrack from Otakon and it's missing one song I really want. XDDD

Thank ya~!

(Anyone going to Katsucon? *CACKLE* I would LOVE to do a JSRF group~)

Misa-chan
08-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Here ya go, hope you've been practicing your French. ^_^ I know I haven't. -_- Beware of the ads!! o.o

http://membres.lycos.fr/radiojetset/ostfuture.htm

Heather
08-13-2003, 12:01 AM
THANK YOU~!!!! ^____^

Dunno my french; but heck, I can figure it out. :D

Misa-chan
08-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Welcome! ^^ I just saved about $50 there XD

smart nothing
08-15-2003, 01:48 PM
haha oh man... i was dressed as tab at katsucon 2001 i believe, and i just went ahead and rollerbladed into the con, got my pass, went up the escalator, and spent about 10 minutes in the dealer's room before con staff noticed i was gliding along. lol.

Heather
08-15-2003, 02:16 PM
So they won't let you wear blades at Katsu?

Misa-chan
08-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Well, if I get to take Rapid 99 to K10, then I'll just have to cover them up extra, even if they're getting kinda small for me, gotta take a trip to Toys R Us and get some new cheap ones XD

smart nothing
08-16-2003, 02:07 AM
at least not inside the con. i remember just skating around outside with my friend and running into a whole other JSR/JGR group doing the same.

but the most fun was skating around crystal city mall! :bigtu:

rogue
08-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Most cons are not going to let you rollarblade in their hotel. I've cosplayed JSR & JSRF twice. At Sugoicon we were threatened with getting kicked out if we didn't take them off. But at Animazement they didn't care and we wore them until our feet were killing us. I think a good rule of thumb is to bring your rollarblades plus a back-up. We brought combat boots, they look a lot better than tennis shoes. :)

avoca_1
07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
totally. i shall be at otakon 09 rockin tha beat. yo

Kandiman1224
01-24-2011, 10:39 PM
totally. i shall be at otakon 09 rockin tha beat. yo
Awesome, did you end up going? I'm going to go to comic con 2011 it will be my first time going to anything like this.
I am going as a jsrf Character but I don't know which one yet? anyone wanna cosplay with me?:crylaugh: