PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Masquarde Dance!

Amaya De'Morte
09-10-2005, 12:06 AM
-swoons- Ever since seeing the masquarde in Phantom of the opera as a little girl... I've always wanted to do a masquarde. Of course, this probably wont be the same as that (since a really hot man-at least, with the mask- wont come singing down the stairs, sadly)
But I"m curious if anyone is planning something special for this? And if so.... what?

ayn*chan
09-11-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm totally going, I wonder if we can talk them into playing some Phantom music?

Amaya De'Morte
09-11-2005, 11:31 AM
we totally should! I'll bring my cd.. and if they wont..

-pulls pirate patch over eye- commandeer the sound system!!

Raver-Sakura
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh my gosh! Phantom of the Opera is sooo awesomes!
I can ask if they can play some songs...I know they people who are hosting the dance :3 hehehe. Im that good!
Im doing a special outfit, my OC. ^^

ayn*chan
09-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Clearly, this can only end as a Phantom of the Opera love-fest.

Raver-Sakura
09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Most Likely. :3
Who has the soundtrack anyways? I dont ;_____; *sniffles* If I can have them play the POTO music can someone lend me their CD so I can hand it to them and give it back? *shrugs* if not, then this gives me an excuse to get the cd. X3

Amaya De'Morte
09-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes, but we can love fest phantom of the opera, and love fest masquarde-ish costumes too. ^^ (or if it doesnt, for prosperties' sake, we can pretend we do talk about both.)

raver-Sakura= I have the soundtrack.. (or, the highlights of it.. original cast, yea!) I'd be more than happy to lend it.^^

onto costumes: Mine's been pushed back due to the fact that the other night.. I randomly decided to make Another Gigantuian costume. x.x hehe. Suprise costume, yarr!

ayn*chan
09-14-2005, 02:53 AM
No worries Raver Sakura -- I have at least two versions of all of the popular songs ("Masquerade", "All I Ask Of You", "Phantom of the Opera", etc) on my iPod that I'll gladly bring to share squishy Phantom love with. ^_^

Raver-Sakura
09-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Hoooraayy *cheers*
^_^ I'll be sure to talk to them tonight since their radio show ish going to be on :3 and then I also have my "sources" talk to them too. X3
Ahhh I love having sources.

kyandi-chan
09-16-2005, 05:46 PM
...*pulls out Nightwish version of Phantom of the Opera* That would be killer to rock to!

Whats this bout a masquerade dance??

Amaya De'Morte
09-16-2005, 08:52 PM
zOMG! (i love that phrase) Andd ahhhh Nightwish! ^^ They're the best

on the site..

http://www.oni-con.com/index.php?page=events&eventID=32

Kiyoshi-Kun
09-19-2005, 02:17 AM
I'd love to go to this and how about some music by Nobuo Uematsu? Like "Waltz for the Moon" from Final Fantasy VIII? There is also good music from Chrono Trigger.

Raver-Sakura
09-19-2005, 07:07 AM
As I said in earlier posts, I'll try and talk to the DJ's hosting it.
^_^ Masquerades are fun, though this will be my first anime con one. Ive been to no anime masquerades. ^^;

Kiyoshi-Kun
09-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I decided to burn a cd of Classical theme mix songs that ranges from Mozart to Nobuo Uematsu to Occentric Opera... now if there was a way for you to listen to it Sakura-chan so the DJ could consider playing some of the songs. Although I don't want to ruin what the DJ has planned.. XD

Calin Solen
09-26-2005, 12:41 AM
if anyone still needs it, I have the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack (it's from the recent movie if that's ok) and would be happy to lend it to someone ^ ^, but the Masquerade sounds so fun!!

Raver-Sakura
09-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Uhhh..I havent had time to talk to them! @_@ Ive been uber busy!
But I can talk to one of their staff memebers since she goes to the same school as me. ^-^
I'll try my best guys!
BTW, the recent Sound Trck of PoTO is my fav.
Kayoubi-kun, I think that sounds interesting, I dont know when you can give me them buuuttt I can see what I can do hun *pats head* ^^

Diedie
10-04-2005, 10:57 PM
*bounces up* Question! What is a Masquerade exactly? ^^; I don't think I've been to any cons that has had them ._. Or if they did I just didn't know thats what it was >.>;

Can someone please tell me? ^^; I would love you lots. XD And when is it? *raises eyebrow*

Raver-Sakura
10-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Masquerade, its usually a ball but there are some cons who hold them. ^_^

You dress up (ok, everyone will be dressed up already but oh wells) in very awesome costumes, it can be original or whatever! You usually wear a mask to hide your idenity from others, it kinda adds to the mystery! ^^ hehe. I WAS going to be my orignal character but now I made a new one that adds to my friends costume. So yup yup. ^^ Decorate your masks! ;3 like add your own theme to it and stuffs.

Any other Questions?

Amaya De'Morte
10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
eeee.. -is so excited- I still need to make a blasted mask.

Diedie
10-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Ei, thank you! This does clear up some stuff *nodnod* ^-^

Oh, and I do have another question. Do we make our mask there? Or should we make it at home and bring it there and stuff >.>
And is this on Friday, or Saturday? x.x

Amaya De'Morte
10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm assuming we make it at home- I'm doing that at least, lol

Raver-Sakura
10-11-2005, 10:20 PM
If you want to do it at the con, bring your materials then. Its Friday night I think. Check the site to see. :3 Im doing my mask over at home though