PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Weekend High Park Photoshoot

Amy the Yu
09-10-2005, 02:43 AM
From conversation resulting from this thread:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67155

Since it's still up in the air whether or not there will be a Halloween Dance, it was decided that we're gonna have a photoshoot on October 29 @ High Park starting at 1pm.

The meet up location will be the Bloor Entrance (see map below) on Bloor St West and High Park Ave.

It's easily accessible via TTC subway as the entrance is literally across the street from the High Park subway station.

This will happen regardless of whether there is a dance or not. If there is, then after the photoshoot, everyone can shuffle over to the dance together. ^^

It'll be late late October, so I hope that everyone would dress appropriately. I'm sure that everyone going in costume will have costumes that are nice and warm.

There is no rain date since this is something just for Halloween, but if the weather doesn't cooperate, we can probably relocate somewhere indoors (ie. a mall) if anyone would like to. ^^

The High Park site (http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/highpark.htm)

A map of where it is in Toronto (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=IPvb.up_0TqPWutN7hRqP2FUneEL1PXf&csz=toronto%2C+ontario&country=ca)

Squall1882
09-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.. I hate to say this far in advance that I can make it, cause if something comes up I'll have to cancel. I can say I'll try my best!! I'm probably not wearing my halloween (bleach costume) to a con so a photoshoot would be good to get pics of it!!

Edgar Strife
09-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Sounds like fun, you can count on me.

Chibik3r0
09-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Humm... I'll probably show up as camera bitch or maybe be stupidly casual in Naota... I don't really have any costumes I need to get photos off that I feel like walking around Toronto in. But yeah... I'll be there regardless.

Seed-chan
09-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm totally up for it, and you know it (for I have no life XD).

I... need to figrue out what I'm making for Halloween still. o_o (Oh Watanuki, how I want to cosplay you in an apron, but I'll probably have other costumes done before that...)

HidoshiNobunaga
09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I'll probably bring my cam and dress up in Ralf. It's a pretty 'civvies' costume and lets me get around a park just fine.

TribalButterfly
09-10-2005, 04:02 PM
It sounds nice. Can anyone go?

Chibik3r0
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
It sounds nice. Can anyone go?

Photoshoots are generally fair game for anyone. It's not like we can just stop someone from showing up to a public place. So yeah, join if you want.

Lady_Sodina
09-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I should be there, well, hopefully anyways ^^" And it'll depend on what I have together by that point, but maybe I'll just remake my tessen and rewear Tasuki, cause that costume's pretty warm, so I won't be too bad :D I can't guarantee anything, but I'll try to make it ^^v

hikarilight
09-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Dunno if I'll come and I dunno what I'll wear XD But we'll see and maybe something will pop into my head ^^;;

Elemental
09-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I'll be there, with or without bells on. XD

YukiPhnx
09-10-2005, 08:18 PM
There's nothing stopping me from going, as long as it's in the afternoon. So I'll probably be there. I need to get pictures of my new lolita that I will have finished by then.

Infini
09-10-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm definitely coming, of course. Wearing Fai, since I'm almost 100% certain it will be done by then.

Chibik3r0
09-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm definitely coming, of course. Wearing Fai, since I'm almost 100% certain it will be done by then.

Agh >_>

That sadly makes me want to make Syaoran's main costume really badly and fast -_-

Straywind
09-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I should be coming I could never miss a Halloween event (I'm addicted to Halloween). XD I'm not sure which costume I would wear. I might have my normal Sasuke costume done by then but it would be too cold to wear that. I'll have to look through my Cosplay closet. (^^)

Mekou
09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Of course I'm so there. =) Though, I don't think I'll have anything new, unless it's closet cosplay. XD *shrug* We shall see.

Infini
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Agh >_>

That sadly makes me want to make Syaoran's main costume really badly and fast -_-

Make it! :P

Depending on whether I can buy my camera in time for this or not, I might also come as a photographer. That way I can cosplay while being clever and avoiding pictures. XD

Amy the Yu
09-11-2005, 12:02 AM
My costume's probably gonna depend on the weather and if there's a dance or any other events or not. If the weather's reasonable and there's absolutely nothing else going on that weekend, I'll be doing Mistress Nine from Sailor Moon cause I've been wanting to cosplay her since I was 12. >_>

Otherwise, if I suddenly feel a giant blot of "wanting to put a lot of work into a costume"-ness, I might do Kurogane...as I have the wig for it now, but no real motivation. -_-;;
Make it! :P

Depending on whether I can buy my camera in time for this or not, I might also come as a photographer. That way I can cosplay while being clever and avoiding pictures. XDYou could always borrow mines if you don't buy one in time. I have a retard "fancy camera wannabe" camera, but it's decent and I drag it around and never use it. -_-;;

HidoshiNobunaga
09-11-2005, 01:51 AM
Well Ralf is out for me. I got a haircut... ^^; I was actually gonna wait, but then it was like "Hey, there's my barber, so...."

I'll be coming in civvies proper it seems.

Saffi
09-11-2005, 10:05 AM
chirs and i'll probably be there.. hoping to get Strider and Eowyn done in time

-saff

Oselle
09-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Sounds like fun! I'd like to go as well. I will either wear a new Matsulika (Alichino) costume if I finish it, that's the goal. If I'm not making decent enough progress on it, I will attempt to re-make my Eowyn gown and wear Shieldmaiden Eowyn v3.0! Both stand to be quite warm, so they'd be appropriate for a late-october photoshoot.

kels
09-11-2005, 12:32 PM
waiiii... i''ll probably end up comming.. seeing as how three of my midterm exams are all (presently) before the 29th. so itll be fun..

but as to what i will be wearing.. I HAVE NO CLUE..
ive been wondering that myself for the past few days ==;

Alexia Ishtar
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
yay photoshoot! I'll be there...with bells on (providing I get that particular costume done) *prays the fabric gets here in time* But I'll be there, and I'll try to drag some friends along too

Infini
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Otherwise, if I suddenly feel a giant blot of "wanting to put a lot of work into a costume"-ness, I might do Kurogane...as I have the wig for it now, but no real motivation. -_-;;

It would make me very incredibly happy if you made regular Kurogane, but I know that halloween is coming up too quickly to be making whole new costumes, especially if you have no motivation.

So...I will go be sad somewhere. XD

TheWestWind
09-12-2005, 06:23 AM
I'll probably go... As to what costume.. I'd hate to wear Sasuke again, so I will either make Snow Country Sasuke or Chuunin exam Sasuke... Snow Country seems warmer... Much warmer.

chef_belegfea
09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
changing plans... may do an edit on the costume in my profile pic... make a vest for it and whatnot...

lil_pudding_dog
09-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Mmmm, I don't know if I can go either, though I really want to get out more.

If I do go, I think I'll go as a shinigami character (don't know which one yet...) However, only if I can get the fabric and everything figured out on time. <-- biggest obsticle

Then, I'll probably drag my little sister along if she wants to come along. *heh*

Alexia Ishtar
09-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Mmmm, I don't know if I can go either, though I really want to get out more.

If I do go, I think I'll go as a shinigami character (don't know which one yet...) However, only if I can get the fabric and everything figured out on time. <-- biggest obsticle

Then, I'll probably drag my little sister along if she wants to come along. *heh*

I know how that is, I have to get my fabric from the states ~_~ I'm hoping it gets here soon so I can have a go at it. If it turns really cold in October (which knowing our weather it might) I might just wear my Kikyou costume, easy enough to wear warm stuff under the kimono.
But a few years ago I went out as Dark Magician Girl and it was fine *shrugs* maybe it'll be like that this year too.

MaiSheri
09-12-2005, 08:44 PM
I will definitely be there.

As for my costume I'm going as Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Anyone want to be my Pumpkin King? ^_^

lil_pudding_dog
09-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I know how that is, I have to get my fabric from the states ~_~ I'm hoping it gets here soon so I can have a go at it. If it turns really cold in October (which knowing our weather it might) I might just wear my Kikyou costume, easy enough to wear warm stuff under the kimono.

Yup, I remember one year at Halloween, it was actually warm enough to wear shorts. =S

Hope you get your fabric ASAP! :)

Straywind
09-12-2005, 11:15 PM
I will definitely be there.

As for my costume I'm going as Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Anyone want to be my Pumpkin King? ^_^

Ironically, I was planning on making a Jack costume for the fall of this year, but I lost the motivation and I think I still lack the skills to pull it off. (^^);; I adore NBC, though, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your Sally costume! (^_^)

MaiSheri
09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Ironically, I was planning on making a Jack costume for the fall of this year, but I lost the motivation and I think I still lack the skills to pull it off. (^^);; I adore NBC, though, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your Sally costume! (^_^)

Awwwww, that's too bad T_T

Edgar Strife
09-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Alright, since this photoshot is at High Park & its near Halloween, I'll try to have Seishiro from TRC vol6 ready and hopefully I can get an Oni done for Seishiro too.

Amy the Yu
09-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Alright, since this photoshot is at High Park & its near Halloween, I'll try to have Seishiro from TRC vol6 ready and hopefully I can get an Oni done for Seishiro too. XD

I just decided (right before reading this post) that depending on whether I get another wig styled in time or not, I was gonna do either TRC's Seishirou or Tenjo Tenge's Soichirou if the weather isn't warm enough for me to wear Mistress Nine. (Both S's have pretty much the same outfit and similar names too...which amuses me lots.)

I may not be able to get a wig in time to style it properly for TenTen Soichirou (I already have a wig to use for TRC Seishirou), in which case I'll shift over to trying my best to get the cape made so I can do pretty cover art Seishirou cause I love his cover art cape. >_>

Edgar Strife
09-14-2005, 02:07 PM
XD
I just decided (right before reading this post) that depending on whether I get another wig styled in time or not, I was gonna do either TRC's Seishirou or Tenjo Tenge's Soichirou if the weather isn't warm enough for me to wear Mistress Nine. (Both S's have pretty much the same outfit and similar names too...which amuses me lots.)
I may not be able to get a wig in time to style it properly for TenTen Soichirou (I already have a wig to use for TRC Seishirou), in which case I'll shift over to trying my best to get the cape made so I can do pretty cover art Seishirou cause I love his cover art cape. >_>

Wow, I never knew you were going to cosplay Seishiro from TRC, best of luck finishing it, but if you finish Seishiro outfit in time, then I'll go as Subaru, the chess piece version[Vol3 of the CLAMP books that comes with chess pieces.]. Or if I can get a huge bird ready in time, I'll just stick with Seishiro from X. Or do u need a Subaru to mess around with. [which i mean to torture with?]

minion-chan
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
mm I think I'll try to come to this.. only this time I wont show up on drugs and screaming... because that was so not fun ._.; I'm still very sorry for that chibik3r0... hmm... I think I was going to have my birthday party on the 29th..but thats okay, I'd rather do this anyways n_n I need to make a winter costume... I'll probably do Brooklyn...thats a fall jacket anyways...

Kawaii Akina
09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll probably be going for sure! As for costume I think I'm going as L from Death Note 'casue my friend asked me if I wanted to go and I said sure. Just need to cut my hair a little shorter and I will be fine ^-^ (hope school doesn't interfere though)

Kaido Kaoru
09-17-2005, 02:59 AM
I'll probably be going for sure! As for costume I think I'm going as L from Death Note 'casue my friend asked me if I wanted to go and I said sure. Just need to cut my hair a little shorter and I will be fine ^-^ (hope school doesn't interfere though)

WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
HALLOWEENIE(Invader Vim style)

I'm cosplaying as Raito from Death Note...can we're going have CHAINS yummi...
And yes you can bet a doggy collar will make an appearance!!!!
Yaoi L and Raito!!!
*hopes to get the proper jacket and pants*

If not...I'm gonna just dress in normal clothes and I'll be "normal" Raito ....
*looks suspicious* Yes...."NORMAL"

BUT halloweenie is my FAVE time of year!!! COUNT ME IN!!!

~*~kaido~*~

Edgar Strife
09-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Well it looks like I may have a change of plans regarding my cosplay outfits. I may just go as Yuto from X instead. [A better version plus the blond wig if I can get it before the 29 of Oct and its been a long time since I cosplay him. If there is a H-dance, I won't bring my prop weapon, on the other hand, if the dance is cancell I'll bring Yuto chain like daggers for the photoshot, that is if I can get them fix.] I believe this park will be perfect just because Yuto is a Water Master [lots of places where water is.]

Chosuke
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I think Scoti and I are going, not sure.
If we do go, we'll finally make up our minds on one of these:

A) Rufus and Cloud from AC- Ghetto Rufus got a facelift after AdAstra, and I'm going to be putting the little details I could get on my AC cloud before the movie came out, and want some pics of it.
I think it'll be my last chance to wear it before the earth is raped with Cloud xD
B) Rufus and Reno- Rewearing from Ad Astra
C) Gojyo and Hakkai, Saiyuki reload.

Ochika
09-19-2005, 10:20 PM
im gona be wearing my Haku..if i actually start working on it XD

chef_belegfea
09-19-2005, 10:51 PM
do we have a time idea for this??

Alexia Ishtar
09-20-2005, 12:01 AM
do we have a time idea for this??

I was just thinking that...hmmm

kuko-chan
09-20-2005, 12:07 PM
I've discussed this with a friend and we're coming! ^^ She and her baby daughter will be fairies (we hope) and I haven't decided what I'll be. So will this be a pot-luck picnic or 'bring-your-own-food' event? I'm just wondering how much cash for lunch I'll need. (I'm a little new to these things. I've always planned to go, but never had anyone I knew coming with me!)

Scoti
09-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I think Scoti and I are going, not sure.
If we do go, we'll finally make up our minds on one of these:

A) Rufus and Cloud from AC- Ghetto Rufus got a facelift after AdAstra, and I'm going to be putting the little details I could get on my AC cloud before the movie came out, and want some pics of it.
I think it'll be my last chance to wear it before the earth is raped with Cloud xD
B) Rufus and Reno- Rewearing from Ad Astra
C) Gojyo and Hakkai, Saiyuki reload.

I vote for either A or B. Rufus does need some major fixing. I'm going to try and get colour contacts too.

roiyaru
09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll be there. Me and my camera^^

Alexia Ishtar
09-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I've discussed this with a friend and we're coming! ^^ She and her baby daughter will be fairies (we hope) and I haven't decided what I'll be. So will this be a pot-luck picnic or 'bring-your-own-food' event? I'm just wondering how much cash for lunch I'll need. (I'm a little new to these things. I've always planned to go, but never had anyone I knew coming with me!)

I know how that is. I'm still trying to convince my friend to go if I have to pay for him to go and bribe him with vodka and jell-o shooters I will! (j/k)
Maybe this time we can actually go Kuko-chan after missing ya at Anime North earlier this year that is ^-^()

kuko-chan
09-21-2005, 10:31 AM
I know how that is. I'm still trying to convince my friend to go if I have to pay for him to go and bribe him with vodka and jell-o shooters I will! (j/k)
Maybe this time we can actually go Kuko-chan after missing ya at Anime North earlier this year that is ^-^()
Oh yeah, that's right, because I missed the FF Photoshoot! :waaaah: But I'm already thinking about planning another for AN06. I was watching how the one at CNX went and I picked up a few pointers, so all is well!

So yeah, I look forward to seeing you at this picnic! ^___^

Alexia Ishtar
09-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah, that's right, because I missed the FF Photoshoot! :waaaah: But I'm already thinking about planning another for AN06. I was watching how the one at CNX went and I picked up a few pointers, so all is well!

So yeah, I look forward to seeing you at this picnic! ^___^

You mised it and I got yelled at :waaaah: But its all good ^.^

Dilandau
09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
i'm in !!!!,a friend of mine will be coming to, i will be wearing a simple Dilandau Albatou costume(red pants, red boots, and blue shirt) and i will be also wearing the top jacket but will be modifyed to look like the Black Dragon Clan flag, so if you see me there, say hi !!!!^^

kuko-chan
09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I've emailed a whole ton of my friends (when I say ton, I really mean 6 or 8 people) and a few of them are really enthusiastic about this! It's Halloween and they haven't done anything Halloween-y in a while, so I imagine this sounds appealing to them. Still no confirmed numbers, but I hope to drag them all along! ^^

Dilandau
09-22-2005, 10:14 AM
yo, 0.0, i totaly forgot to ask, i'm going for sure but what time are you guys going to be there? . Amy the Yu don't say ?

Jo_Canadian
09-22-2005, 10:28 AM
um just a little concern of mine but what are we going to do if the dance is this night *if they hold one that is*

Mekou
09-22-2005, 11:21 AM
>> um just a little concern of mine but what are we going to do if the dance is this night *if they hold one that is*

I wouldn't count on it. Besides, the photoshoot will be taking place in the afternoon while the dance would be in the evening.

Amy the Yu
09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
No one ever threw out a time, so I never posted one. =/

I say 1pm cause that way everyone can eat lunch before going and there's no running around looking for food cause I'm not going anywhere once I get to the park and sure as hell aren't paying retarded prices for food at the snackbar in the park. >_>

Infini
09-22-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree with that time. Would we just be meeting at the regular place (bloor entrance to the park, I think? *probably wrong*).

Alexia Ishtar
09-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I agree with that time. Would we just be meeting at the regular place (bloor entrance to the park, I think? *probably wrong*).

All I want to know is "will it be close to the subway stop?"

I have to bus it, and then take a subway to the park. And depending on where I'm coming from too because my friend (if he comes) and I, are probably going to hit China town and scout out for pocky.

We're so deprived of it where we live.

Amy the Yu
09-23-2005, 12:28 AM
All I want to know is "will it be close to the subway stop?"I have it written at the bottom of the first info post where the park is in relation to the TTC. Unless you're coming from downtown/Chinatown, it's not really along the way or convenient to drop by there on your way to the park by any stretch of the word.

Alexia Ishtar
09-23-2005, 01:01 AM
I have it written at the bottom of the first info post where the park is in relation to the TTC. Unless you're coming from downtown/Chinatown, it's not really along the way or convenient to drop by there on your way to the park by any stretch of the word.

No, I know this ~_~ But if I can get Pocky in chinatown I MUST go, you see...I don't get to Toronto much, and my convention stash has run out ^-^()

Amy the Yu
09-23-2005, 02:04 AM
No, I know this ~_~ But if I can get Pocky in chinatown I MUST go, you see...I don't get to Toronto much, and my convention stash has run out ^-^()So long as there's no nightly activities planned (ie. the dance actually happens), most people will probably file over to downtown for dinner after we're pooped from running around scaring the normal folk, so you can go then...especially since Chinatown never seems to close before 8pm.

Jo_Canadian
09-23-2005, 09:40 AM
hey alexia, if its pocky you want, i know the best place in brampton to get it, also, is this supposed to be like scary style costumes?

Dilandau
09-23-2005, 09:44 AM
So long as there's no nightly activities planned (ie. the dance actually happens), most people will probably file over to downtown for dinner after we're pooped from running around scaring the normal folk, so you can go then...especially since Chinatown never seems to close before 8pm.

sounds like a good plan ^-^, we'll have lot of fun *evil grin*. anyway, what is with the holloween party ? it's still going right ? and by the way , where are we going to meet at the park? so that we make sure we got no one lost and about =^^=?

Alexia Ishtar
09-23-2005, 12:03 PM
hey alexia, if its pocky you want, i know the best place in brampton to get it, also, is this supposed to be like scary style costumes?

Sure tell me! I'm pocky deprived. No one sells it where I live, the sacrifices of living in a small town :waaaah:

As for costumes...mine's not going to be scary at all, definitely a stand out costume, but not scary.

Amy the Yu
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
I edited the first info post, so anyone who needs to know exact intersection that the meeting spot is on, or what time we've decided to meet at, go check that out.

sounds like a good plan ^-^, we'll have lot of fun *evil grin*. anyway, what is with the holloween party ? it's still going right ? and by the way , where are we going to meet at the park? so that we make sure we got no one lost and about =^^=?I'd recommend you ask about the dance on the thread for that...more people there would probably know about it as many of the people on this thread have already given up hope for a dance, thus are settling for a random park gathering/photoshoot.

We'll meet up where Infini suggested, the Bloor entrance. it's basically the "driveway" to the park with a stone lined gate thingie. Across the street from the High Park TTC Subway Stn.

lainey
09-23-2005, 02:18 PM
mmm..now that i have all of my schedule laid out..i won't be able to make it :( :( :( I have a lab, test and assignment following the last weekend of October..and October is full of too many midterms and such.

Alexia Ishtar
09-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Something else I was just thinking about...is there anywhere to change at High Park? While it's all nice and well for you that live in the area...my friend and I have to travel 2 hours on the bus before we even get to YorkDale :thumbsup:

Mekou
09-23-2005, 06:02 PM
>> Something else I was just thinking about...is there anywhere to change at High Park? While it's all nice and well for you that live in the area...my friend and I have to travel 2 hours on the bus before we even get to YorkDale

Yep, there are bathrooms and stuff where you can change. =)

Alexia Ishtar
09-23-2005, 08:24 PM
That's good ^.^ While I don't mind scaring the general public with my freakiness, my friend would rather I didn't.

kuko-chan
09-23-2005, 09:18 PM
That's good ^.^ While I don't mind scaring the general public with my freakiness, my friend would rather I didn't.
Ah, I bet the general populace wouldn't mind, since it's close to Halloween anyway. They might just assume you're on your way to a carnival or a parade for children. ^.^

Chibik3r0
09-23-2005, 09:39 PM
*shrug* I figure if it's this close to Halloween, no one's really going to question it that much. I'm expecting the odd, "Halloween is on Monday!" yell, but with it being the weekend before Halloween, I can see some people expecting it... Maybe not until later at night with the bar crowd, but it'll likely be a weekend long Halloween party.

MaiSheri
09-24-2005, 12:55 AM
I was thinking that I would change there, but then I realized that I'm still going to have to do my makeup before hand - and it will probably look less strange to be in costume then than to be Sally in jeans. So subway cosplay it is!

TribalButterfly
09-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Subway cosplay is so much better. it's too incredibly fun to see the looks u get! :) If it wasn't for the fact that i had a hotelroom avaliable at CNAnime, i would have totally subway cosplayed! Infact, i kinda missed doing that this year :p

Alexia Ishtar
09-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Subway cosplay is so much better. it's too incredibly fun to see the looks u get! :) If it wasn't for the fact that i had a hotelroom avaliable at CNAnime, i would have totally subway cosplayed! Infact, i kinda missed doing that this year :p

See I don't mind it. I just don't want to have to sit on the bus for two hours before hand ^.^() Though we'll see.
At AnimeNorth this year my friends and I were at the Park Plaza across the highway, and we walked over in costumes everyday, its fun:bigtu:

Jo_Canadian
09-25-2005, 01:02 AM
well if your traveling in costume, please i ask of you for your own saftey and sanity, do not carry anything that is gonna get you in trouble, the ttc guys almost killed me for my vash gun when i rode the train in it, also, make it a contest, see how many people you can scare off the train in one go, i once had half a subway care to myself dressed as farfello from weiss kruez. do we have an official meeting time yet?

Infini
09-25-2005, 02:09 AM
1pm. It says in the first post.

chef_belegfea
09-25-2005, 12:10 PM
well if your traveling in costume, please i ask of you for your own saftey and sanity, do not carry anything that is gonna get you in trouble, the ttc guys almost killed me for my vash gun when i rode the train in it, also, make it a contest, see how many people you can scare off the train in one go, i once had half a subway care to myself dressed as farfello from weiss kruez. do we have an official meeting time yet?

Dude, massive group of Star Gate cosplayers, P90's and sidearms on everyone, you'd probably get the entire station to yourselves...

Amy the Yu
09-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Dude, massive group of Star Gate cosplayers, P90's and sidearms on everyone, you'd probably get the entire station to yourselves...Man...I would evacuate the station for that, and I used to watch Star Gate. >_<

Chosuke
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Dude, massive group of Star Gate cosplayers, P90's and sidearms on everyone, you'd probably get the entire station to yourselves...

You'd probably get banned from the station for life.
Or, Shotup by the PO-PO.

Hence why we aren't bringing the buster sword.

Alexia Ishtar
09-25-2005, 06:38 PM
lol I won't be bringing my blaster gun thing, not that its realistic looking anyway

kuko-chan
09-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Well if you're gonna bring replica weapons (which I don't recommend), at least have the sense to keep it in a bag or something. Don't be flashing it around or in a side holster. ;)

Squall1882
09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Hmmm... if I can finish our Bleach costumes by then we'll definately come.. now time to stop procrastinating and actually do the work!!

kuko-chan
09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Could someone help me with sorting out the transit fares? I'm catching a subway from Islington Station, but I want to know now how much it'll be for a round trip. Thanks!

Kia
09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Could someone help me with sorting out the transit fares? I'm catching a subway from Islington Station, but I want to know now how much it'll be for a round trip. Thanks!
I'm presuming you're taking Mississauga Transit to Islington, taking Islington to High Park, and then the exact same thing back. In that case it should be $2.25 (if MT hasn't raised their fares recently, I haven't been that way in awhile) + $2.50 + $2.50 + $2.25 = $9.50. That sound about right?

Kaijugal
09-27-2005, 01:48 PM
There are WAYYYYY too many good costume contests with big BIG cash prizes that day/night ( i.e. $10,000 ), which I need to a) fix my furnace, b) fuel my obsession/bank account for making costumes, so I will regrettably not be in attendance, but I wish you all a fun filled day.

Cheers!

Amy the Yu
09-27-2005, 02:51 PM
There are WAYYYYY too many good costume contests with big BIG cash prizes that day/night ( i.e. $10,000 ), which I need to a) fix my furnace, b) fuel my obsession/bank account for making costumes, so I will regrettably not be in attendance, but I wish you all a fun filled day.

Cheers!Everything seems to land on Saturday...I never realized til I actually wanted to do something on halloween weekend. XD

Go kick some costuming ass and fill your bank account. >=D

Alexia Ishtar
09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Everything seems to land on Saturday...I never realized til I actually wanted to do something on halloween weekend. XD

Go kick some costuming ass and fill your bank account. >=D

BWHAHAHHA! I'm 100% going now and I'm bring the evil Moogle with me!! We made a deal, I go to a Jason Mraz concert with him, he comes to the photoshoot with me. A win-win in my book.
Not sure what costume I'll be wearing yet. Tin Nyanko -might- be a bit cold for the end of October.

kuko-chan
09-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm presuming you're taking Mississauga Transit to Islington, taking Islington to High Park, and then the exact same thing back. In that case it should be $2.25 (if MT hasn't raised their fares recently, I haven't been that way in awhile) + $2.50 + $2.50 + $2.25 = $9.50. That sound about right?
Alright, yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks a lot, Kia!

chaos_magician
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Awesome I'll prob come with my friend...I'll be going as Severus Snape...Any other fellow Slytherins out there??

Alexia Ishtar
09-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Though I won't be cosplaying as a Slytherine *shows her I :heart: Severus pin* Can't wait to see it

chaos_magician
09-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Hehe thanx! Yes Severus needs some luv!!....sweet ur doing a Tin Nyanko!!! I always wanted to cosplay as one of the baddies from stars!!! I luv Aluminium Siren's design as well as Galaxia who is teh coolest !!! Good luck I can't wait to see whom u'll cosplay as

Alexia Ishtar
09-29-2005, 01:12 AM
hehe thanks. I'm hoping its warm enough to do Tin Nyanko. THe baddies in Stars are so great :love:

Edit: Change of plans ~_~ different costume for the shoot, not sure what it'll be though

Alexia Ishtar
10-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Out of curiosity, I'm bringing a prop (I think) like a staff or something. I was wondering if anyone has taken the TTC Subways while carrying props and stuff of that size??? I don't want to have to abandon it at a terminal if they won't let it on.

Amy the Yu
10-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Out of curiosity, I'm bringing a prop (I think) like a staff or something. I was wondering if anyone has taken the TTC Subways while carrying props and stuff of that size??? I don't want to have to abandon it at a terminal if they won't let it on.They'll let just about anything that's not illegal and doesn't pose an immediate danger to other passengers...it's TO...I'm sure they've seen stranger stuff than a staff being towed around on Halloween weekend. Now, if you wanted to tote along a replica shotgun...reaction from TTC security would probably be a bit different. XD

Alexia Ishtar
10-08-2005, 01:11 AM
They'll let just about anything that's not illegal and doesn't pose an immediate danger to other passengers...it's TO...I'm sure they've seen stranger stuff than a staff being towed around on Halloween weekend. Now, if you wanted to tote along a replica shotgun...reaction from TTC security would probably be a bit different. XD

Hmmm I should try that......J/k :thumbsup:

kels
10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
kuku..ukukukukukukuku....~~~!!!... okay im crazy, but yes

kels finally decided on her costume.. banzai!!!

Hijikata Toshizou --- Shinsengumi Gunraw(gun-rou)-den

ngaahhhh hijikata is always too sexy.. cept irl.. ^_^;

Edgar Strife
10-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Hum...looks like I have a change of cosplay, again. Now its going to be Seishiro Sakurazuka from X with his black bird. [His eagal/ Hawk or animal spirit] All I need now is a tree that blooms Sakura [Cherry Blossom] & I'm set. Hopefully it won't be too cold and now I g2g figure out how I'm going to bring my bird without having his black wings damage. By the way, has anyone arrange any small metting spot before heading to the park? [Like anyone meeting up at any station before heading to High Park?]

Konrad-Chan
10-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Now, if you wanted to tote along a replica shotgun...reaction from TTC security would probably be a bit different.

Too bad.

chef_belegfea
10-12-2005, 06:17 PM
ok I'm debating random Jedi or Sith (if I can get my lightsaber working again) or Guard of the Fountain Court... I really don't know right now...

Alexia Ishtar
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
ok I'm debating random Jedi or Sith (if I can get my lightsaber working again) or Guard of the Fountain Court... I really don't know right now...

IF you need a working saber I have one, but it's a cheep one from Wal*Mart -and- it's Mace Windu's...aka its the purple one :thumbsup:

As for meeting spot, I dunno *shrugs* My friend's mom is dropping us off at Yorkdale and we're taking the subway from there.

Amy the Yu
10-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Blah. I fail. I keep changing my mind about what I'm making for halloween, so from now on I'm just going to shut the fuck up and not even trying to guess what I'm going to wear ever again. -_-;;

chef_belegfea
10-12-2005, 09:13 PM
IF you need a working saber I have one, but it's a cheep one from Wal*Mart -and- it's Mace Windu's...aka its the purple one :thumbsup:
it's ok, I have a few to choose from, but I want toget my new one working... it's costumizable...

Alexia Ishtar
10-12-2005, 10:20 PM
it's ok, I have a few to choose from, but I want toget my new one working... it's costumizable...

Snazzy. Mine's just a cheap plastic one I bought for the premier of Episode III

kels
10-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Blah. I fail. I keep changing my mind about what I'm making for halloween, so from now on I'm just going to shut the fuck up and not even trying to guess what I'm going to wear ever again. -_-;;

i know.. i'm failing too ^_^;... but since i said i was going to do hijikata, i will do hijikata.. even tho there are also like.. another 5million things i want to do at the same time.. its okay. *______*~~ i will make it through!!!1! *dies*

Ayame0
10-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow this sounds like fun. I should be attending.

chef_belegfea
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I am stuck between 3 costumes...

Guard of the Fountain Court, Random Jedi/Sith (with specially designed lightsaber) or Kakashi...

LoneWanderer
10-18-2005, 12:26 AM
hmm I'll come just to take pics again

Mekou
10-18-2005, 01:16 AM
>> Guard of the Fountain Court, Random Jedi/Sith (with specially designed lightsaber) or Kakashi...

I say pick the one that will be the most comforable AND/OR warm. Assume it will be chilly.

Amy the Yu
10-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Just for fun, who else failed to come up with a warm costume and is planning on freezing to death with me? =D

chef_belegfea
10-18-2005, 05:28 AM
>> Guard of the Fountain Court, Random Jedi/Sith (with specially designed lightsaber) or Kakashi...

I say pick the one that will be the most comforable AND/OR warm. Assume it will be chilly.

they are all warm and comfy... that's part of the problem...

TheWestWind
10-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Just for fun, who else failed to come up with a warm costume and is planning on freezing to death with me? =D

Oh I did! I did! Most likely Chuunin Sasuke... It has prettty thin fabric and... yeah, it's all short sleeves and shorts... Hopefully it'll get warmer like it sometimes does around Halloween... I remember last year it wasn't that cold...

Kia
10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Probably me too ... if I can find the time to work on anything ...

Kawaii Akina
10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
warm costume? i don't think mine will be warm either.. well at least a little warmer then what TheWestWind is going to wear ^^;; i can't wait to the photoshoot ^-^

Infini
10-18-2005, 11:00 PM
I lied on my first post. Fai will not be finished, since I don't feel like working on it right now.

I'm going to wear Link and freeze to death. I repainted the shield to trick myself into thinking that I actually worked on something. >_>

Edgar Strife
10-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Lucky I won't be cosplaying my Subaru Onmyoji outfit [the white Hakama] other wise I be freezing to death aswell, but I hope my Seishiro cosplay [pic in my avatar with the bird only its black and its a parot] won't be too cold to wear. If it becomes way too cold, there is always that option to go indoor at a mall.

Now all that left for my cosplay is having my black bird [a big black bird] stuck on my shoulder and getting it to the park will be quite a challenge..[I may have over done it making this bird, especially its wings.] Anyway, I hope everyone cosplay turns out great and I hope it won't be too cold on the 29.

Alexia Ishtar
10-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I'll probably freeze to death, though, the Alenami costume has a 'bit' more fabric than the Tin Nyanko one...it's still going to be pretty chilly. I'm keeping an eye on the long range forcast, it keeps flipping between sun and rain, but the temperature looks like its going to be around 10 degrees.

At least my moogle will be warm

MaiSheri
10-19-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm probably going to be pretty chilly, too - I'm stuffing as many layers under my dress as I can, but that's not too many =(

kels
10-19-2005, 02:28 PM
i have no idea if i can finish hijikata XDDDD
well see how school work goes~

btw.. according to the wether network~~

friday's weather:
iono man.. but theres a cloud.. LOL
and it says 'below average temps' which is all about 10C and below ==;

Alexia Ishtar
10-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Well after today it better not be THAT cold x.x I was out pulling squash plants (Yes I'm a hick!) with my grandmother and it was COLD! I think I might try to find some long johns to wear under my costume pants

TheWestWind
10-19-2005, 09:31 PM
At least your costume has pants, lol! Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining.. I chose my costume despite the weather... Maybe the subway station will have heating so we can all go hide in it if we are in danger of freezing...

Kawaii Akina
10-19-2005, 10:08 PM
At least your costume has pants, lol! Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining.. I chose my costume despite the weather... Maybe the subway station will have heating so we can all go hide in it if we are in danger of freezing...

yeah i think they should have heating in there ^^;;

Alexia Ishtar
10-19-2005, 10:43 PM
I guess some of them do *shrugs* I've decided to add a cape to my costume it might even get a hood if I'm feeling up to it

chef_belegfea
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM

I'll try to pack my big cloak incase it gets really cold, cause it atleast has some insulation value...

Kaido Kaoru
10-20-2005, 02:04 AM
THANK GOD RAITO'S UNIFORM HAS ALOT OF CLOTHING!!!

w00t!! I can't wait for this!!! *is excited*

*dances falls over and rolls around in the leaves with her L cosplayer* ^___^

~*~k~*~

Mekou
10-20-2005, 02:21 AM
I still surse the fact that people seem to wear thier Death Note cosplays when I'm NOT wearing mine. T.T *shakes fist*

I can stuff a lot of layers under my costume. :D The only thing I foresee getting cold on me would be my feet. <_<

Cloaks and capes seem to be the new fashion. Let's all wear random unmatching cloaks/capes with our costumes!!!!

Amy the Yu
10-20-2005, 02:25 AM
Cloaks and capes seem to be the new fashion. Let's all wear random unmatching cloaks/capes with our costumes!!!!I'd so do that. =D

I can be ghetto and just wear the mini-cape I'm making for my halloween (monday) costume. Then I can wear a cape AND freeze my ass off cause it's not warm at all. XD

Alexia Ishtar
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
lol, well my cape matches my costume :thumbsup: but its pretty thin.

chef_belegfea
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I have a cape (that I'll be wearing) and a cloak (that I'll be bringing) and they both are fairly heavy weight... and lots of foam and plastic...

TheWestWind
10-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Ahaha.... I have a costume change, lol! Movie Sasuke will now be done because:
1. The weather forecast doesn't seem shorts and Tshirt friendly
2. I've had like 3 friends tell me to do it... mainly 'cause of reason 1...

So there! Now I'll be waaaaaarm!

chef_belegfea
10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Ahaha.... I have a costume change, lol! Movie Sasuke will now be done because:
1. The weather forecast doesn't seem shorts and Tshirt friendly
2. I've had like 3 friends tell me to do it... mainly 'cause of reason 1...

So there! Now I'll be waaaaaarm!

YAY FOR WARMTH!!!

yah, I just got my replacment black shirt fot kakashi... it feels nice cause it's 100% cotton... but it'll shrink on me too that means...

I'm not going to be able to get out of work till 1, so I'll probably be there around 2:45 or so... what time is this going to be wrapping up?

and will anyone have a cell so I can find out where you all are when I get there (and can you pm me with the number...)?

Alexia Ishtar
10-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I'll have cell...but you might want to find someone who has a local number because you'd have to dial long distance to get mine x.x. BUt if no one else will have there's just tell and I'll pm the number.

Kawaii Akina
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
wee~ i can't wait till next saturday ^^;; i just need a warm coat for me for that day (hehe maybe i'll steal my raito jacket ^^;;) btw, what is the weather going to be like anyways?

Mekou
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Weather accoring to the Weather Netowork...

11C
Cloudy periods
10% P.O.P
W 10 km/h winds

minion-chan
10-24-2005, 10:00 PM
eep! I need a hair cut so I can style my hair >_< I dyed it orange the other day but its kinda red.. close enough for Brooklyn anyways :o

Alexia Ishtar
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
I need to go out and find a decent wig to dye on Thursday x.x the original puprle wig sucks. And then the dye I put in my hair today makes it purple-ish, but not the really really noticable purple that'd I'd like. Talk about leave it to the last minute. Guaranteed I"ll be sewing my cape together on the way down to Toronto on Saturday.

LoneWanderer
10-25-2005, 04:19 PM
How are people getting there? we should have people close to finch meet up maybe?

Kawaii Akina
10-25-2005, 04:34 PM
yeah i'm taking the finch subway again. that's my only way to get there lol

chef_belegfea
10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
me too, but like an hour or two later than everyone else...

hopefully I won't miss everyone!!!

Alexia Ishtar
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Um...I'm taking a subway from Yorkdale from where my friend's mom is dropping us off....so heh, ya:thumbsup:

MaiSheri
10-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll be getting on the train from Sheppard-Yonge, but I can backtrack those two stops up to Finch if people are meeting... but that might be more trouble than it's worth

Alexia Ishtar
10-26-2005, 01:09 AM
bwhaha, I feel so ghetto...o.O I just made sleeves for my costume (cause sleeveless is probably bad since I'm just getting over a cold) out of brown panty hose!

Yay last minute costume adjustments!

Edgar Strife
10-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Hum...I may either go to Kepling or Finch station, depends what time I leave at.

TheWestWind
10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm most likely going by Finch! At what time? umm... I thought maybe 11:30-12 would be a good idea...

Kawaii Akina
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
that time seems fine for me. just gotta wake up earlier to get ready ^^;;

Chibik3r0
10-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm not going to be around this weekend anymore so have fun without me guys ^_^

Kaido Kaoru
10-27-2005, 01:22 AM
I saw in the paper today that Saturday has a high of 14 DEGRESS...

Thats not so bad!!! *IS EXCITED*

I plan on wearing a jacket{or sharing one with my L ^_~}
and if anyone wants a pic or I might run off to take our own...{I haveALOT of ideas}...then I plan on taking off my jacket....

I'm gonna be Raito (school uniform version) YAY FOR MORE CLOTHING!!!

:jjacks: *jumps around* SO EXCITED!!!

But my nite deosn't end at the photo shoot my friend is having a HUGE Halloweenie party and I'm invited...I'm going as Raito and her brother said that that costume wasn't good enough....
SO!!! I threatened him with my Death Note.....heh heh...now I can go as Raito!!! YEAH!!!

*cries*:waaaah: But on Firday I'm gonna be up till like 5 am doing last minute touches...the wigs the wigs...*cries more*
I'm styling mine and Mandi's wig for L and Raito....*deep sigh*

I hope it'll be worth it....

Love you all!!!
~*~kaido~*~

Mekou
10-27-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm still procrastinating on my costume. XD But, I decided I'll fit up an old kimono attempt and make it my "jacket". XD We'll see how much I get done over the next couple days....>__>

14 degress, yay that's warm...ish. XD Hopefully none of us will freeze to death...

Alexia Ishtar
10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
no worries, I'm picking up something to finish my costume on the way to Toronto Saturday morning ^_^()

LoneWanderer
10-27-2005, 06:06 PM
ok Lets meet at finch at 11:30am at outside Timmy's

Kawaii Akina
10-27-2005, 06:29 PM
a 11-11:30ish seems fine to me! at least for my cosplay don't have to put a lot of work into it ^^;;

MaiSheri
10-27-2005, 11:31 PM

I'll be there then!

Kaido Kaoru
10-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Just for the record......

the Bloor Enterance is where everyone met for the Naruto Highpark photoshoot this summer....right???

*hopes*

becuz if not......then Ima gonna get lost....
*is travelling alone*:waaaah:
And I HATE getting lost......:lost:

~*~kaido~*~

P.S~ I think we should take some pics near the waterfall area again....it'd be pretty with all the fall colours now!!! ^_^ just a suggestion!

Mekou
10-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Yep, it's that same place. =D

And we /always/ end up at the waterfall place, so we're sure to get pictures. :3

Alexia Ishtar
10-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Just for the record......

the Bloor Enterance is where everyone met for the Naruto Highpark photoshoot this summer....right???

*hopes*

becuz if not......then Ima gonna get lost....
*is travelling alone*:waaaah:
And I HATE getting lost......:lost:

Ehehe ^_^() I never did get to the Naruto shoot >.> mostly because my Sakura and Jutsu costumes aren't done. But I'll assume that't eh Bloor Entrance is across from the subway stop :thumbsup:
My friend and I have never been to High Park before...so heh we'll be lost together! :thumbsup:

chaos_magician
10-28-2005, 01:37 PM
nooooooooo I am so sad I'm not going to be able to make this photoshoot!!!! I'm scheduled to work a eleven hr shift and I can't squeeze outta it!!...it would have been so nice and convienient since High Park is a 15 min walk from where I live....oh well I will be there at the dance so I hope everyone enjoys themselves & has fun at the photoshoot!!

Kawaii Akina
10-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Wee~ I can't wait, it's finally tomorrow!! ^-^ Gotta wake up earlier to meet up with everyone and all. I haven't been to High Park since the Naruto photoshoot ^^;; So it will be nicer now 'cause of all the fall colours hehe ^^ See you all tomorrow!

chef_belegfea
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I am sad...

I just realised the earliest I'll probably be there is after 3...

when is everyone leaving?

Kawaii Akina
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
I think I'm probably going to be leaving around 6ish 'cause me and my friend after to go to a party right after ^^;;

Alexia Ishtar
10-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Ehehe ^_^() I never did get to the Naruto shoot >.> mostly because my Sakura and Jutsu costumes aren't done. But I'll assume that't eh Bloor Entrance is across from the subway stop :thumbsup:
My friend and I have never been to High Park before...so heh we'll be lost together! :thumbsup:

NOooooo I was so looking forward to meeting you! :waaaah:

Eh...I'm not sure when we're leaving, its up to my friend's mom really x.x but hopefully not until around 4 or 5

chef_belegfea
10-28-2005, 08:40 PM
can someone please keep an eye out for a lost looking nin? Ineed to turn in soon, but if someone can IM me with their cell # that would make it easier to find everyone when I get there... I'll call from High Park station...

I'll be checknig again at about 5 am... any help would be great, cause it's a big park...

Ritchiesflip
10-28-2005, 08:53 PM
AH! i just found out about this right now >_> I think i should be able to come, so if any of you guys noticed a Yachiru/Hanatarou cosplayer that looks more than a little lost, mind helping me out? ^^;;

it would be nice if i could meet up with someone that knows where they're going since i've never been to high park before ._.;; and like chef belegfea said, if anyone can IM me their cell for an easier meetup, that would be great ._.

Amai Mimi
10-28-2005, 11:16 PM

NefCanuck
10-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I missed last years High Park shoot, this should be interesting. I'll be coming as a Turk, so just look for a tall bald guy in a black suit with a cane (If I don't accidentally run you over with my car trying to find parking :lost: :thumbsup: )

NefCanuck

chaos_magician
10-28-2005, 11:32 PM
I really wish I could attend this..

chaos_magician
10-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Alexia Ishtar]NOooooo I was so looking forward to meeting you! :waaaah

:waaaah: I was looking forward to it to believe me.....well I hope we can meet at the dance if you can make it....I'm sooo happy because my manager said we are getting HP for sure and I get to keep one of these wicked huge banners!!! too bad there's no Severus in it though...I will be getting my tickets in a week or so...if I manage to get an extra ticket I can give it to you...I'll let you know... oh wellies have fun at the photoshoot...I'm sure it will be fun!!

Alexia Ishtar
10-28-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm still waiting for news to see if HP will even be allowed to be shown in Canada. There's some law suit about the Wyrd Sisters n' whatever I still need to do my Slytherin costume :waaaah:

minion-chan
10-29-2005, 12:41 AM
oh crap I nearly forgot about this x_< Its 1 AM and I'm totally clueless.. I didn't even fix up my costume argh I need to check here more frequently... meh, hope to see you all at the park!~

chef_belegfea
10-29-2005, 04:33 AM
Why not make the effort to go pick up your cell at Shi's? It's easier then trying it the old fashioned way, like I do. (pay phones and such) She did email you and is waiting.
well I'd still need someones number so I can call them to find out where they are.

Amai Mimi
10-29-2005, 05:26 AM

Edgar Strife
10-29-2005, 09:42 AM

11:30am at Finch, that's perfect, I'll be there...[just look for the one wearing all black and carrying a black bird in a blue bag.]

Alexia Ishtar
10-29-2005, 09:55 AM
I'll be with my friend at High Park (too out of the way to go to Finch since we're either getting dropped off at Yorkdale or his mom's taking us right to the park).

Can't miss me though, huge 7 foot (or so) evil moogle, and a crummy purple halloween wig

Kawaii Akina
10-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Yay~! Finally it's today ^^ Waiting for my friend to come and there going to leave around a 11:15ish to pick up another friend and then heading down to Finch Station ^^ See you all there!

Kaido Kaoru
10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I stayed up to about 5am to try and work on an UNWORKABLE wig...:untrust: Damn you L....
But oh well...

I'm up now and ready to go!!!!
I just hope I won't freeze to death but I'll have lots of clothes on...so I doubt it...

MULT-LAYER!!!
and a coat!!!

hope to see you all soon!!!!

~*~kaido~*~

Alexia Ishtar
10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
meh, I have an ugly wig no worries ^_^()

>.> as for being cold, I've been outside in my costume already (had to let the doggie out) it's not that bad...and I really don't have a lot of layers on.

Edit: I'm off, friend's here. We've a long drive to the Park x.x So I'll see everyone there ^.^ (Yay the first photoshoot I can actually go to ^.^)

Kawaii Akina
10-29-2005, 10:26 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I stayed up to about 5am to try and work on an UNWORKABLE wig...:untrust: Damn you L....
But oh well...

I'm up now and ready to go!!!!
I just hope I won't freeze to death but I'll have lots of clothes on...so I doubt it...

MULT-LAYER!!!
and a coat!!!

hope to see you all soon!!!!

~*~kaido~*~

Ah~! Sorry about that wig ^^;; The only choice that I could have got that wig was at value village for a cheap price 'cause I wasn't willing to pay like between $20-30 bucks for a wig ... so much money!!!! lol ^^;; But am I still going to be wearing it for the photoshoot?

Kodoku
10-29-2005, 09:56 PM
that was great!!!
thankx to everyone who came out and took pictures
happy halloween

Kawaii Akina
10-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes~ That was a fun photoshoot that's for sure ^-^ I shall be uploading my photos tonight hopefully but there mostly of my friends that I took and all ^^;;

chef_belegfea
10-30-2005, 12:14 PM
lots of fun was had, especially being a role model for the kids!!

I just wish I had a chane to see the other group cause I didn't get to say hi...

minion-chan
10-30-2005, 12:43 PM
arrgh Jamie you were there?! T-T damn it, I wish everyone had stayed with the group when we went to take pictures >(

chef_belegfea
10-30-2005, 12:47 PM
well I got there late... like 3:40 I think...

LoneWanderer
10-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering did anyone find out what happened to Ivy afterward? cuz when our group (I think it was the last group) was leaving her mom was still looking fo her

Ivy (blue short hair wig thingy)

hope she is back home safe now? but just checking?

Edgar Strife
10-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Ah, that was a great photoshot, I whish I had taken more pics. {Note to self, never create long huge black wings unless I really want to feel pain through my arm.} I was cosplaying as Seishiro from X/1999 with my Black bird. Anyway I hope everyone had a great time there.

LoneWanderer Quote-->Hey guys I was just wondering did anyone find out what happened to Ivy afterward? cuz when our group (I think it was the last group) was leaving her mom was still looking fo her
hope she is back home safe now? but just checking?<---Quote

I forgot to mention that when I made my quick stop at Anime Extreme, she was there with her friends and waiting for her friends ride. [this was the time when you guys went ahead while I made my late shopping there.]

Alexia Ishtar
10-30-2005, 02:07 PM
I saw her when we were leaving, at that point though she was still with a group of people.

Mekou
10-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I had fun. ^_^ I didn't feel like taking photos, so I don't have any to share this time. >.<

LoneWanderer
10-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Okie thanks Ed

hmm photos lol chris Steph(thewestwind), jamie(chef_belegfea) and I sorta got separated from the group so we only mange to get alot of sasuke photos? lol but we got some quite good sunset effects which we will share as soon as I get them up^^

minion-chan
10-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering did anyone find out what happened to Ivy afterward? cuz when our group (I think it was the last group) was leaving her mom was still looking fo her

We waited with her until 5:30 and her mom never showed up so we went to chinatown and one of the guy's mothers picked them up from Anime Extreme and gave her a lift home.

an_cafe
10-30-2005, 06:19 PM
yea and what a long wait that was >_> and the no fingered dude ;-; LOL it wanst dans mother it was his dad XD

novaraven1
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
I have some picies up at my photobucket. account name is novaraven2. password is pegasus.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b51/novaraven2/

Had lots of fun but I hate my camera batteries! They died before we got to anywhere good.

NefCanuck
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
R'was fun indeed, a bit chilly at times, but later in the afternoon things were quite nice. Though I paid for all the climbing yesterday, my knee swelled up quite nicely, ended up doing nothing more than watching anime & reading manga today :snoring:

NefCanuck

Kawaii Akina
10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Well finally got my photos up but like I said before it's just mainly of my friends and since I didn't take most of the pictures my friends did ^^;; So here it is!

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0QF2I9W4GD0UX0H25C5DD39NK4

Amai Mimi
10-30-2005, 09:29 PM

chef_belegfea
10-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Looks like the Kakashi wig I made for Jamie stayed intact since CNAnime, 2005. It took forever to style that thing.

Nice pics, Mandy!

I had to do a bit of fixing, and a re colouring, but it's held up fairly well...

Amai Mimi
10-30-2005, 10:59 PM

Dodd
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM

In case she hasn't posted, she's fine; she e-mailed me (likely) from home.

Crimson Firefly
10-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi~! I was the Edward Elric at High Park... I woke up late so my hair looked TERRIBLE. I didn't get a chance to trim it to the proper length before going out (why do I leave these things to the last minute?), but oh well, It was lots of fun!

I've uploaded my photos here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y291/cfirefly/HighPark05/
All photos were taken by my boyfriend, Bridget, and they are NOT in order.

novaraven1: Thanks for uploading your pics. I like some of the shots you got of me. I loved the eyelashes ^_~

Oh, and to the Harry Potter I "fought", here is the VG Cats comic of Harry vs Edward Elric:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=168

Edgar Strife
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Hello again

novaraven1, Crimson Firefly, thank you both for uploading your pics, they all turn out great. Wow, you even got a pic of me with my bird. I was cosplaying Seishiro Sakurazuka from X/1999 along with his black bird. [Or just look at my avatar, same character, only different color bird.] I hope everyone's photos turns out great. Again both of your photos turn out great.

Kia
10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I had an awesome time on Saturday, and thank heavens for such beautiful weather. ^_^
And sorry for dragging people on a wild goose chase. But I promise, ONE DAY we'll make it to the Adventure Playground! One day ... ;)

Squall1882
10-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Lol, once again my procrastination got the best of me.. I somehow thought that this was happening on Sunday and that I would have all day Saturday to work on it.

And there were other bleach people too..

*Tucks costume away in closet for CnB*

Sorry guys, I promise I won't commit to attending anything until I have my costume done 100% next time...

Allin
10-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Hee hee it was fun photoshoot. I regret that I was too lazy to make new costume and showed up in Naruto again. But Naruto is always fun to do. And I ended up giving great fan service be going in the water = 3= pfff People who were there, knows how that was like >=3

Anyways, see you guys around. Hopefully next time you see me, i'll be in some other costume than Naruto >.<

Elemental
11-01-2005, 12:42 AM
^_^ Photos are up, as promised. 108, all resized and edited to be shiny.

HERE (http://pics.livejournal.com/writerz_bloc/gallery/0000eqat?page=1)

I do ask that you credit me if these go in your c.com galleries, but I'm not going to chase you down with a blunt object if you don't.

Mekou
11-01-2005, 03:40 AM
WAAAH, Amanda your pics are so awesome! ;o; They're such good shots I almost LIKE my costume now. XD

I definately will be stealing some and I will give credit of course!

Squall1882
11-01-2005, 07:23 AM
OMG those link Silouette pics are awesome!! Two thumbs up for Elemental and Infini!!

Alexia Ishtar
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Those are awesome pictures ^.^ I wish I was that talented with a camera. Or rather had a camera that actually worked

Thanks

chaos_magician
11-01-2005, 01:38 PM
wow the pics at the shoot look awesome....everyone did a great job with their costumes!! I'm esp impressed with those Link piccies!!! Alexia nice RPG character cos!!! I really luv that cloak!!!>_<

Elemental
11-01-2005, 02:14 PM
^_^ I love taking photos. I'll one day invest in a Digital SLR- One day. XD

Whenever I'm at a shoot, if someone wants photos of their costume, just ask.

Alexia Ishtar
11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
heh, that's one of those "When I win the lottary" investments XD

And thanks, the cloak was definitely last minute but it was fun. As I'm sure the Hogwarts students would agree, the wind blowing the cloaks was fun

Amy the Yu
11-01-2005, 08:56 PM
I can't believe the weather was actually good. I was fully expecting it to be freezing ass cold out. XD

HERE (http://pics.livejournal.com/writerz_bloc/gallery/0000eqat?page=1)

I do ask that you credit me if these go in your c.com galleries, but I'm not going to chase you down with a blunt object if you don't.Infini is such a sexay sexay man. XD *prepares for untimely death for saying that*

Your pictures look awesome. ^^

Dilandau
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Yay. That was the most fun I had in since anime north, I’m glad that so many people came and I am as surprised that dear Mother Nature didn’t give use hail or some thing 0.0. I’m still crying that it had to end T.T. oh well, I’m so happy that that girl got home ok.

Nice pic’s guys!!, I borrowed the cameras from my school, so the batteries didn’t last for peanuts!!
so I didn’t get pics of mush except for some clips of Chris(LoneWanderer) while he was being tortured XD

Scoti
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm happy it warmed up too. I thought for sure I was going to freeze my butt off in Zidane but I was fine.

NefCanuck
11-06-2005, 12:38 AM

Nice pics, did you edit the tie I was wearing or did that thing naturally turn such a weird shade of blue? :eeek:

Fun time it was and all the costumes were really, really good (The evil moogle was scary though :razz: )

Now excuse me whilst I crawl into my bed and get some much needed sleep :sleep:

NefCanuck