PDA

View Full Version : Ohayocon Hotels? Where are you staying?

Eurobeat King
09-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone,

The Ohayocon website says the Hyatt Columbus has a con-rate, but it doesn't say what it is. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know of the other hotels/motels within walking-distance? I know there's a hotel that connects from the food-court area (The Westin?) and there's a couple of hotels down the block like a RedRoofInn. I might stay there this 2006 year to save $$, since Ohayocon is pretty close right after the holidays, and since I have my new camera I can stock up on AA batteries and last the entire day of taking pictures before dashing back in the freezing cold to get some sleep. :)

So where are you staying at for Ohayocon 2006?

Chibik3r0
09-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I heard from a friend/cosplay.com, member, Nikolai, that the Drury Inn is also connected to the convention center. I'm not sure what the rates are like but he has said good things about it so I'll probably be looking there for a room with a crapload of people.

Last year, I think the rate for the Hyatt was something like $102 a night? Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

R1KKu
09-10-2005, 01:22 PM
I think it was $99 last year at the Hyatt,cant remember. If the Drury is cheaper Ill just go with that (that is, if Im going,heh)

Check out This (http://forums.ohayocon.com/viewtopic.php?t=447) thread on the Ohayo forums; someone posted info about the surrounding hotels as well as parking. ^.^

Eurobeat King
09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Thank you for the info. :) I went ahead and made a reservation for the RedRoofInn, since it's pretty close by, and as I said, if I stock up on batteries, and make use of those food-court coupons, I won't need to return to the room until it's time to sleep. Of course, that all depends if there's still cosplayers roaming around at night.. :thumbsup:

marsie
09-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Red Roof Inn is right across the street, i think it was 79 a night and that included parking.

I am staying at the Hyatt on the con's dime. XD

Yea! Al is going!

*does super happy dance* :jjacks:

Blue Eyed Matador
09-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Hizzayat all the way. I like the fact that it's connected to the convention center without a walkway, has a nice bathroom and really nice staff.

Though I'm not a fan of how crowded the elevator's get =/

Eurobeat King
09-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Red Roof Inn is right across the street, i think it was 79 a night and that included parking.

Yea! Al is going!

*does super happy dance* :jjacks:

Marsie: $79 was the price I got per night at the RedRoofInn, so hopefully I won't have to trudge through a foot of snow to/from the con each day/night. (I have flashbacks (and pictures) of the snow from Ohayocon 2004..) :thumbsup:

I look forward to Ohayocon, which will be my 5th year in a row! :D

Bobbi
09-11-2005, 11:34 AM
I'll probably be staying at the Hyatt. I'm not sure what our room plans are for this year. We usually don't get that figured out until after Sugoicon which is in October (or november other years).

marsie
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Hizzayat all the way. I like the fact that it's connected to the convention center without a walkway, has a nice bathroom and really nice staff.

Though I'm not a fan of how crowded the elevator's get =/

OMG you were the cuteness Venus! I wish you'd bring it again. That was the best I have ever seen.

tenchimuyio
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
i called hyatt on thursday and he told me $104.00/night and when i reserved my room he said they only had 2 rooms left. i didnt they go this fast in september.... just glad glad i got my room :) now its just trying to find a cheap plane ticket from phila,pa.
i aint driving ,just dont feel like it.

darkdjinn
09-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey everyone,

The Ohayocon website says the Hyatt Columbus has a con-rate, but it doesn't say what it is. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know of the other hotels/motels within walking-distance? I know there's a hotel that connects from the food-court area (The Westin?) and there's a couple of hotels down the block like a RedRoofInn. I might stay there this 2006 year to save $$, since Ohayocon is pretty close right after the holidays, and since I have my new camera I can stock up on AA batteries and last the entire day of taking pictures before dashing back in the freezing cold to get some sleep. :)

So where are you staying at for Ohayocon 2006?

I'm probably just insane...

I reserved my room waaaaay back on June 21st. I am guarenteed a king size bed on the 4th through 6th floors. I think I was on 6th last year. Anyways, I believe the reservations was too far back to get the con rate though, which is probably like $199.00/night. Hey, I will spend whatever it takes to be comfortable. Also, if you make good buddies with the hotel staff (god I hope Ruben will still be working there), you can use the service elevators that go twice the speed of the residential elevators.

tenchimuyio
09-13-2005, 08:05 AM
i'll give them a call later on today to see if thats the price u gotta pay. im ask the guy if u can the con rate. i know money not a problem for you but you shouldnt have to pay more for the same room i got .i'll look into it.

Blue Eyed Matador
09-16-2005, 10:02 PM
OMG you were the cuteness Venus! I wish you'd bring it again. That was the best I have ever seen.

Eeee thank you! Unfortunately I sold the costume. T_T

wingzero1919
09-20-2005, 05:10 PM
I just booked my room at the Hyatt, the con rate is $103 per night, they said they had plenty of rooms, I just called last week & I had no trouble getting one.

NecromanticChii
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
The rooms left are about 173.00. The con rate gets you about 70.00 off, makeing it about 103.00 per night. I have reserved my room, for the convention. I would suggest that if you are planning to get a room, reserver it, and don't forget to get the confirmation number.

MewSakura
10-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Hyatt for me!

Blue Eyed Matador
10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Hizyatt! I can't remember if they have a Starbucks or if that coffee vendor was something else.

Miyabi-
10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I'll probably be staying at the Hyatt. I'm not sure what our room plans are for this year. We usually don't get that figured out until after Sugoicon which is in October (or november other years).

I hope to be bunking with you guys as usual. ^_^

tenchimuyio
10-20-2005, 10:18 PM
i got my room at the hyatt in august. dont know if u can get the discount rate but i did

SongofAmazon
10-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm staying in the hayat too. I've commuted to all of my first three cons, be it from home or a distant hotel, so far, so I'm looking forward to actually staying at one. Woo!

mirrorsaber
10-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Since our anime club is low on money, well probably go to a cheap motel. My president is still checking prices and getting money in order.

kalajessta
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm planning on getting a room in the Drury Inn.

Eurobeat King
11-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally reserved my room at the Red Roof Inn down the street, but decided to switch over to the Drury Inn since there's still rooms available there. :) And paying the extra $$ per night is worth it since it's easier to get to if I stay out late, not worry about the outside & freezing cold, and since it's right by the food-court I should be able to get something to eat to take back to the room. ;)

kalajessta
11-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Let alone they claim there's free soft drinks available in the room. I need to reserve my room this week. But I want to find at least 2 more people to confirm to stay in my room with me.