PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2006 gatherings! (VCS 1 year and still going!!)

Star_Angel
09-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok this x-mas season will be VCS's 1 year anaversary!! I say we have a get together. But i know with everyone seperated and gas being crazy (and not knowing how crazy or how not crazy it will be by x-mas) I say we have smaller regonal gatherings (ie; the charlottesville people have a gatheirng, the Va Beach people, DC people and so on!)
Anyone else like this idea? I know the Charlottesville people have already been debating on a x-mas idea for here but not sure about everyone else. so people who want to throw out ideas on meeting palces and such for their areas go for it. Just remeber one thing most colleges are not out till the second week in december so it would probaly be best to keep that in mind with people coming home and such so others can attend!
Let me knwo when you all decide and ill modify this post with place and gathering info!

Riji
10-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I say we go to UVa campus. No students will be there and I know a lot of good photoshoot locations.

We weren't ranked #1 in the world for architecture for nothing.

Star_Angel
10-18-2005, 09:57 PM
I say we go to UVa campus. No students will be there and I know a lot of good photoshoot locations.

We weren't ranked #1 in the world for architecture for nothing.
I second that!! but what about the original C-ville idea? is it a no go???

Riji
10-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I second that!! but what about the original C-ville idea? is it a no go???
Well, if we were to have it, I don't think it'd be in Cville due to the 50 mile rule.

Star_Angel
10-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, if we were to have it, I don't think it'd be in Cville due to the 50 mile rule.
Ahhh ok. well im up for anythign as normal! and UVA looks so pretty! are we just gonna ahve a free for all with the costuming? or somehting like last year where we all did EGL / EGA etc.

Riji
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Ahhh ok. well im up for anythign as normal! and UVA looks so pretty! are we just gonna ahve a free for all with the costuming? or somehting like last year where we all did EGL / EGA etc.
I'd say a free for all. However I'd rather not walk around with someone in full battle armor. I personally am going to do EGL cause my costumes aren't exactly everyday friendly.

Bagu
10-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Are we doing this in December? I'd be up for coming down and bring some of the DC area folks down.

Riji
10-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Are we doing this in December? I'd be up for coming down and bring some of the DC area folks down.
Yep, December. Last year we had it right before Christmas.

Gogglegirl
10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
oh I'd love to come! i'd have to work on my parents letting me come, but I might beable to pull it off If I got a friend to come with me!

Sieneko
10-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Dang I'd love to come, but I'm all the way in Hopewell! Maybe people around the Richmond area can have a gathering, too?

UnwantedKikyo
10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Im in richmond area but i dunno bout people here having a gathering..I know alot are in college and going home for christmas time. >.>; So i might go to the Cville one with riji and starangel. ^^;

Riji
10-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Then maybe the Richmond people who want to come can carpool to Cville. Likewise with the DC people.

Actual timing wise, what would be the best time of day to have the gathering? They usually last for several hours and we don't want it running so late that the people who have come from a long ways away don't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Yet, at the same time, not too early so they can't get here on time.

Star_Angel
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Then maybe the Richmond people who want to come can carpool to Cville. Likewise with the DC people.

Actual timing wise, what would be the best time of day to have the gathering? They usually last for several hours and we don't want it running so late that the people who have come from a long ways away don't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Yet, at the same time, not too early so they can't get here on time.
I woudl suggest around 12 noon. That give the peopel who have a hour or two to leave and get to c-ville. For the DC people you owudl not have to leave any earlier then 9am if that probaly later. When e drive to DC for cons it takes us about a hour. Richmond depending on how you drive (Like Riji or like me, lol j/k *ducks from Riji tyring to swing at her* lol) is normaly 1 to 1.5 hours. If we meet at noon or maybe 12:30 that would give us all time to get there i thinnk. What does everyone else think? And for the charlottesville people do we want to carpool like last year? (Wakusei, Riji, and Winter_Knight since I know you, lol)
As for a date of the meet I know I come into town for christmas. Christmas is on a sunday this year so do we want to have it sometime the week before christmas? maybe that friday if peopel dont have to battle work and all?

Riji
10-19-2005, 07:47 PM
I woudl suggest around 12 noon. That give the peopel who have a hour or two to leave and get to c-ville. For the DC people you owudl not have to leave any earlier then 9am if that probaly later. When e drive to DC for cons it takes us about a hour. Richmond depending on how you drive (Like Riji or like me, lol j/k *ducks from Riji tyring to swing at her* lol) is normaly 1 to 1.5 hours. If we meet at noon or maybe 12:30 that would give us all time to get there i thinnk. What does everyone else think? And for the charlottesville people do we want to carpool like last year? (Wakusei, Riji, and Winter_Knight since I know you, lol)
As for a date of the meet I know I come into town for christmas. Christmas is on a sunday this year so do we want to have it sometime the week before christmas? maybe that friday if peopel dont have to battle work and all?
It actually takes me about two hours to get to DC and that's driving pretty fast. I can get to the west side of Richmond in about 45 mins and the south side in just over an hour. This is all depending on traffic of course.

Yeah, carpool will be cool. Everyone can just ride with me like the August gathering if you want.

Noon sounds good.

Bagu
11-16-2005, 10:55 PM
This is going to be an interesting christmas season for movies. Starting soon we'll be on the Harry Potter wagon, and just when that rush begins to die down we'll be hit again with Chronicles of Naria.
Naria just brings so many visions of LOTR again for me...this would be an awesome movie to see with the VCS.

twentystitches
11-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Sounds interesting! I think I'll try and plan on coming down and meeting everyone. ^_^ Are we planning a noon time for the c-ville gathering or UVA?

I think it would be a good idea to set the date a week before X-mas as well. So more people would have a chance to come and not get run over by holiday drivers. X-o;;

Lycoris
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I might be willing to go, but it all depends on my schedule and the day you all choose. It's a little too early to tell if I'll be able to make it.

makotohanabi
11-17-2005, 10:51 PM
This is going to be an interesting christmas season for movies. Starting soon we'll be on the Harry Potter wagon, and just when that rush begins to die down we'll be hit again with Chronicles of Naria.
Naria just brings so many visions of LOTR again for me...this would be an awesome movie to see with the VCS.

The Beeb has pics on their website if anyone's interested
http://www.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4445442.stm. Know I won't like how they adapt certain things and I'll compare it to the BBC miniseries from the 80s. Still it will be interesting, we should try to have a gathering. When does it open in the US?

dustbunny
11-27-2005, 05:36 PM
i'll see if i can go. NO promises though cause working for Giant is a bitch.

Star_Angel
12-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok so heres the deal guys (sorry to have been away for a bit been super busy with college exams) Were thinking of meeting around noon on Friday Dec. 23 at UVA somewhere (Im gonna talk it over with Riji on a good place since she goes to UVA and knows the campus better then me) I will post a exact meeting place in a day or so after I get to sit down and talk with her (Or I will have her post it depending on if I have already left for Va. from school because I have no computer at my grandmothers at the moment)
This event will be cosplay (i know a few of us are going EGL) And some of us are bringing our Dollfies so if you have one bring them with you and we can get pics!!!
Once we decide on a meeting place we'll post a map on how to get there and all. Also last year after the photoshoot/gathering we got food so make sure you bring some money with you if you want to get food afterwards!

NiceGai44
12-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Ok so heres the deal guys (sorry to have been away for a bit been super busy with college exams) Were thinking of meeting around noon on Friday Dec. 23 at UVA somewhere (Im gonna talk it over with Riji on a good place since she goes to UVA and knows the campus better then me) I will post a exact meeting place in a day or so after I get to sit down and talk with her (Or I will have her post it depending on if I have already left for Va. from school because I have no computer at my grandmothers at the moment)
This event will be cosplay (i know a few of us are going EGL) And some of us are bringing our Dollfies so if you have one bring them with you and we can get pics!!!
Once we decide on a meeting place we'll post a map on how to get there and all. Also last year after the photoshoot/gathering we got food so make sure you bring some money with you if you want to get food afterwards!

I am there just let me know.

Riji
12-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Durrrr...hmm...good place to meet at UVA? Definitely the Rotunda off of the Corner I think. There's parking and it's a good place to take photos anyway.

If the usual people want to meet up before hand and ride with me, I'm all for it. As for the out-of-town people, feel free to PM me for more specific directions as I can give you street names, etc. depending on where you're coming from. (It's really easy to get there from 29 and I-64)

Star_Angel
12-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Im all for meeting and riding because you know I have no idea how to get to UVA from our previous rides around c-ville, lol. we can fgure it out when were gonna meet when i come home and stuff.

Durrrr...hmm...good place to meet at UVA? Definitely the Rotunda off of the Corner I think. There's parking and it's a good place to take photos anyway.

If the usual people want to meet up before hand and ride with me, I'm all for it. As for the out-of-town people, feel free to PM me for more specific directions as I can give you street names, etc. depending on where you're coming from. (It's really easy to get there from 29 and I-64)

Star_Angel
12-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok everyone The gathering is at
12 noon on Friday dec. 23rd at the Rotunda off of the Corner on the UVA campus.
PM Riji for directions because I will not have a computer all week due to being at my grandmothers and her computer is broken.
I know that Riji and I wont be hard to find because we will be in EGL cosplay and will most likely have out dollfies/BJD's with us.
Well have a photoshoot then maybe find some food afterwards so remember to bring some cash for food with you!
If some of you want to exchange cell numbers that might be a good thing incase anyone gets lost while trying to find all of us!
Cant wait to see everyone!!

Riji
12-19-2005, 12:53 PM
If people want to meet somewhere else before hand and follow me to the Corner they're also welcome to do that as well.

Edit: Meeting's tomorrow. No one needs directions?

Star_Angel
12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok! gathering is tomarrow, I know of three of us for sure who are going, Riji needs to have PM's from people needing directions by sometime tonight so she can get you directions for tomarrow!!!

UnwantedKikyo
12-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I cant make it..work calls T.T holiday season you know. haha ~___~; suckage.

Parasaurolophus
12-23-2005, 02:43 AM
mph- I'm leaving...on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again...
<feels old>

actually I'll be back on Wed, but I won't be able to make the photoshoot. I need to finish a few more costumes anyway- I have sooo many Robin pics from Halloween and need some more stuff in rotation!