PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Gathering?

Kohakuma
09-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, I had plans to go to a convention with a friend in Canada, but our spring breaks were different. So I wanted to have some kind of cosplay gathering. My spring break is April 15 - 22. If anyone is interested, I'd like to disscuss what the theme would be. I would pay for decorations and whatever cost we meet at. A friend had the idea of making a " Kaze no Matsuri " (festival of the winds ) and I could buy traditional japanese booths and set up traditional japanese games/food. Candy apples, Kingyo sukui (the fish in the cup game ) etc. But i'm open to anything! <3

Bagu
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
That might be a cool thing to do during the Cherry Blossom Festival.

bag0k
09-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Ooh, piff. Mine's 10-15th. But yeah, I think we should do something neat for the cherry blossom festival. The dates are really close. I dunno what I mean by "something neat," though... >_>

Star_Angel
09-10-2005, 07:51 PM
That woudl be really cool, im not sure about my spring break yet since I will be student teaching in a school, and I go to college in NC so Im not sure on their whole spring break thing yet. But as long as Im home I think this would be really cool!

Kohakuma
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
So, National Cherry Blossom Festival Instead?
Am I even allowed to do that? I mean, put things like that on those grounds.

Star_Angel
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
So, National Cherry Blossom Festival Instead?
Am I even allowed to do that? I mean, put things like that on those grounds.
The national cherrry blossom festavel you proably wont be allowed to set stuff up, they have a street festavel but it is really crowded and i know some of us are going but after doing a meet last year then not getting to really look around the street festavel, we would suggest that if you want to go to the street festvel (which was the ninth of april last year so its probaly around that tim eon a saturday this year) it would probaly be best not to go in a huge group. (we went with a big cosplay.com group last year) I think your first idea would be good, we wouldnt have to worry about a bunch of random people and it coudl be a good VCS like gathering. but its whatever everyone decides

Riji
09-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Dude, Kaze no Matsuri sounds awesome. I think my spring break is earlier than that but if it's held on a weekend it shouldn't matter regardless.

Kohakuma
09-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Good, good. So, it would be a VCS like gathering on a weekend no where near Washington DC and Theme Kaze no Matsuri. That's what I've got so far. xD Uhm, We did make a list of Activities and food so far, but the booths cost more than I expected. The traditional ones. I may have to compromise with American booths but we'll see. <3

- Kingyo Sukui ( Goldfish Dipping )
- Bon-bon suri ( Water Balloon-string game. ) ( Super fun xD )
- Catch the bread ( With your hands tied behind you back )
- O-Men ( Mask Makings / Face paintings. )
- Tea Ceremonies
- Much more to be thought of. If you have any requests, please tell me! <3

Foods:
- Sushimi/Sashimi
- Traditional Candy Apple
- Lamune ( Can't have a festival without it ! )
- Pocky, Gumm gummis, Marukawa, and other yummy candies
- Yaki-soba, Tako-yaki and other fried/broiled foods
- And if you can think of any more, of would like to bring a dish to cater, tell me as well. <3

That's all for now and thank you for being interested. : 3

Bagu
09-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Something at the street festival would be fun. I wonder what paperwork is involved to set up something..

Kohakuma
09-11-2005, 03:43 PM
From what I've heard, doing it at the Festival wouldn't be very good. </3 It would be too crowded and a lot of random people would clutter. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just I also like keeping the people limited. Like my income. xD

Bagu
09-11-2005, 03:52 PM
What about a meetup at the National Mall at CBF time?
What in our costumes among the cherry blossom trees?

Star_Angel
09-11-2005, 06:04 PM
What about a meetup at the National Mall at CBF time?
What in our costumes among the cherry blossom trees?
When we did a meet-up at the cherry blossom festavel last year we met at the festavel, there are so many people there that it's just insane to not meet there (and parking is crazy enough that if you dont get there early you have to go aorund forever to find a spot) We cosplayed last year, but be prepared for people being rude to you because your in costume, but I must say last year it was rather amusing from some of the comments people made and then also rather annoying because some people were just plain rude.

Bagu
09-11-2005, 06:06 PM
We cosplayed last year, but be prepared for people being rude to you because your in costume, but I must say last year it was rather amusing from some of the comments people made and then also rather annoying because some people were just plain rude.

DC folks are such morons sometimes..

UnwantedKikyo
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
>.> DC is always rude to cosplayers, also since alot of them are tourist there too o.O;. So their kinda clueless anyways. But meeting up at the CBF is like death trying to find people but at the same time easy >.>;. We could do something outside of the CBF festival (before/after) for people who cant make it or something?

Riji
09-11-2005, 09:17 PM
- Catch the bread ( With your hands tied behind you back )

I would so love you forever and would come just for that. XD

On another note, I really don't think Kaze no Matsuri should be involved with the Cherry Blossom Festival in any way. It's crowded, noisy, and it's hell to park your car. Not to mention they wouldn't let you set up a stand/stands there anyway because it's an entirely sponsored event by those who do set up stands. I don't know if you want to go that extra step and pay to set up a stand.

Kohakuma
09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Lol XD
Yeah, I already made up my mind on that. I just assumed they were talking about something else. I was kind of lost. Lawl.
Does anyone have any other ideas for games or snacks?
Maybe something with WIND huh? lol. Hm, I don't know any games with wind though. I'll just have to make one.

Perhaps a paper boat race! ANd straws could be used to make the boats float in the water. Who ever gets to the end first wins.

Hm. So, cosplay. Should we keep it Anime in Kimono wise or should we just wear anything we want?

Star_Angel
09-11-2005, 09:34 PM
It's crowded, noisy, and it's hell to park your car.
Remebers making Wakusei stand in a parking spot until we got the car to it last year b/c of how bad parking was, and doing it all to Camino! lol

Riji
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Lol XD
Yeah, I already made up my mind on that. I just assumed they were talking about something else. I was kind of lost. Lawl.
Does anyone have any other ideas for games or snacks?
Maybe something with WIND huh? lol. Hm, I don't know any games with wind though. I'll just have to make one.

Perhaps a paper boat race! ANd straws could be used to make the boats float in the water. Who ever gets to the end first wins.

Hm. So, cosplay. Should we keep it Anime in Kimono wise or should we just wear anything we want?
Paper boat race would be awesome! I think dress code wise it shouldn't be completely strict, but anything Japanese fashion related (be it traditional forms or street fashion forms) would be recommended as this is gonna be a more traditional themed festival